• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
Last year I made a thread asking about notoriously bad cartoons, so this year, I'd try to focus on another genre: Movies. What are some really bad movies that are so awful, you have to scratch your head and wonder why anyone would bother to make them? I have some examples:

MV5BNjY4NjM3MjQ2OF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwOTc3NzYyMQ@@._V1_.jpg

The title speaks for itself and also a few weeks back some friends of mine discovered this trailer for this movie called the frog kingdm and the trailer...oof

"Who cut the frog cheese"

Ouuuuuuch

Protoman200X

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
N. Vancouver, BC, Canada
iu

Yes, I know people actually like this movie, but I couldn't sit through the first 10 minutes of it (but was forced to watch because of a friend who REALLY liked it). It wasn't funny, and I wonder why it's fondly remembered.

Tokyo_Funk

Banned
Dec 10, 2018
There were 3 of them. Fucking 3 of them.
61XnH3696UL._AC_SY445_.jpg

Grandma "This is the E.T film you wanted right?"
Mac_and_me_movie_poster.jpg

I like B-grade, hell I'd settle for below B-Grade just to switch off.
This though, this made me stop watching film for a while.
MV5BNzlmNTFlN2QtM2IxZi00NDc0LTgyMTQtNDNjNTBmODQzZDVjXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTQxNzMzNDI@._V1_.jpg

PhoenixAKG

Aug 14, 2019
I can't believe no one has posted this garbage yet:

The-Spy-Next-Door.jpg

Whatever Jackie Chan was paid for this film it was not enough.

gforguava

Oct 25, 2017
You remember The Pilgim's Progress by John Bunyan right? That super influential piece of Christian allegory written in the 1600s?

Well how about it in lackluster CGI form!
1.jpg

Oh, is that not enough? How about as a sword and sorcery flavored action film!
2.jpg

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Someone, somewhere approved spending 150 million dollars on these vomit-inducing visuals and character designs.

Last edited:

Deleted member 82064

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 29, 2020
You remember The Pilgim's Progress by John Bunyan right? That super influential piece of Christian allegory written in the 1600s?

Well how about it in lackluster CGI form!
1.jpg
To be honest, these films probably have good profit margins. I mean it's obviously made shoe string budget. Children will watch this crap. I see kids watch fucking Cubix even this day because some cartoon channels has it on reruns.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
When I see some of these movies I can only think money laundering. Why else would these be made?
You'd be surprised at some of the terrible concepts folks are really, really passionate about. They pitch them to you during general meetings and going 'haha, neat, that sounds really good but I'm not the person to deliver on the full potential blah blah' without offending anyone is an art.

Aldo

Mar 19, 2019
All those ultra-obscure dramas/comedies made by unknowns with a poster full of awards that only exist to fill said posters. Thanks to streaming, they are now available for our enjoyment.

Yataran

Jul 17, 2018
Copenhagen, DK
You'd be surprised at some of the terrible concepts folks are really, really passionate about. They pitch them to you during general meetings and going 'haha, neat, that sounds really good but I'm not the person to deliver on the full potential blah blah' without offending anyone is an art.
Mmm... I can understand that some people may be so utterly convinced about the greatness of their ideas that they are blind to how awful those ideas actually are, but in these cases somebody else had to be convinced to approve the project and give the money.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I can understand why it got made. Greatest Showman made heck of a lot of cash, it's one of the most successful shows on broadway ever, we even have the guy that did Les Miserables attached to direct as well and that got oscar nominations. The numbers all add up to this being a great success for us.

I just really want to know how they decided on making this film, and how we got this as the end product.

cats-poster.png

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
51PcIS8Md3L._AC_.jpg

I fucking despise this movie. Worst book adaption I've had the misery of seeing at the movies.

Oct 27, 2017
That last Star Wars movie. I saw it only recently and it was worse than I was expecting. I don't know why they wasted the third movie in a trilogy on THAT.

Sunster

The Fallen
Oct 5, 2018
The fact that this got sequels, which are even worse is even more baffling.
It made non Christian colleges look like places where they just dunk on God and Christianity non-stop for no reason. there was even a character who just ironically walked around campus in a pope outfit for the whole movie just because "lol christians b stupid"

i mean the premise itself was "Denounce your religion or fail my class" which of course we know happens all too often at college 🤪

Tokyo_Funk

Banned
Dec 10, 2018
The religious right eat this shit up.

Absolutely, the film was almost a parody and surreal to watch though. Like I'd walked into a conversation where everyone is discussing a topic in a cult like way and I have no idea what is going on half the time. That and it disappointed me to see Jim Gleason in it.

It made non Christian colleges look like places where they just dunk on God and Christianity non-stop for no reason. there was even a character who just ironically walked around campus in a pope outfit for the whole movie just because "lol christians b stupid"

i mean the premise itself was "Denounce your religion or fail my class" which of course we know happens all too often at college 🤪

Yeah there were some really odd steriotypes in there and some caricatures of people. The whole film came off as a war in someone's head that wasn't happening, like the "war on Christmas" and they needed to make this film to justify the inner struggle in their conciousness.

Lost Lemurian

Nov 30, 2019

Why would anyone give Michael Bay $130 million (of 2001 money!) to make a love story set during the attack on Pearl Harbor?

looprider

Oct 27, 2017
Gemini Man.

What the fuck was that?

It should have not left the screenplay stage. The concept was so dumb and basic.

You have an amazing director like Ang Lee and charistmatic-ass Will Smith in what feels like a straight to cable b-movie with PS2 era special effects. And not only that, it was boring as hell. They could've at least doubled down on the badness and given us a trash film to laugh at. But the movie takes itself so seriously.

NekoFever

Oct 25, 2017

Why would anyone give Michael Bay $130 million (of 2001 money!) to make a love story set during the attack on Pearl Harbor?

It was only three years after a love story set during the sinking of the Titanic made over a billion in 1997 money. Get Michael Bay to direct some action scenes and bank the ticket sales from the Titanic crowd and the flag-waving action movie folks.

Terrible movie but I can totally see what they were trying to do with it.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
Half the movies posted in here have very obvious as to why they were made i.e. they're a sequel to a successful movie, a vehicle for a movie star, based on a popular IP and so on.

If we want to talk about baffling films that were made then lets talk about the CGI kids movie based on HP Lovecraft. You know belligerently racist horror novelist HP Lovecraft...

p13236595_p_v10_aa.jpg

This film go several sequels... and the reason it got made is because all his works are in the public domain... but still.

dennett316

Nov 2, 2017
Blackpool, UK
Birdemic. Just atrocious, and the director is a special kind of deluded. What baffles me more than how someone made that and thought it was in any way good is that it made it to blu ray and got widely distributed. Amazing really.
The Jarhead sequels being the polar opposite's of the original movie is also a bit of a mystery. Why use Jarhead's name to sell that kind of shit? Isn't there a more suitable war movie franchise they could've bought the naming rights of to slap on a bunch of cash grab rah rah war flicks?

Graven

Oct 30, 2018
Monster Truck. I've never watched it, maybe it's not even bad, but from a business perspective, it was never going to pay off.

pbayne

Oct 27, 2017
First few land before times-fair enough

But when you're hitting fucking movie number 12 in your dinosaur kids movie like who is left even watching at that point?