• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Squarehard

Oct 27, 2017

rude

Oct 25, 2017
User banned (2 months): Thread derail. Trolling. Prior bans for the same behavior.
the backlash people here received because they thought some guy on a fox show white supremacists definitely don't watch was recognized by racists and attacked on the way to subway at 3am during a snowstorm was weird...whew...

i stayed quiet tho...

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
This was such a weird ass case. I was reading an article about what his defense could be and the suggestions were fascinating lol. Still, I think the consensus is that he's gonna face a few months of community service when all is said and done.

SteveWinwood

Oct 25, 2017
USA USA USA
I heard on NPR this morning about how there's a decent amount of people who are still on his side, who still believe it happened. I hadn't heard that before.

They're mostly pointing to how the brothers were in police custody for so long and the long history they have of forcing false confessions.

Last edited:

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
Every racist I know (basically any White person that felt the need to comment on it) was using this man as proof that racism doesn't actually exist and Black people just make themselves a victim. So he can fuck off.

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
ah yeah the attack where the MAGA dudes recognized him from the hit show amongst their demographic, Empire.

Deer

Oct 29, 2017
Sweden
Omg I remember really liking one song of his(didn't know who he was at all!) and recommending it to a friend and then DAY AFTER, I read this shit

it was wild

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I heard on NPR this morning about how there's a decent amount of people who are still on his side, who still believe it happened. I hadn't heard that before.

They're mostly pointing to how the brothers were in police custody for so long and the long history they have of forcing false confessions.

Celebs will always have supporters. OJ cut his wife's head off and still walks around like a star.

phranc

Nov 13, 2017
Wanted help and only hurt. Gave right wing media everything they could have wanted. False flag BS.

Mindfreak191

Dec 2, 2017
still can't believe the dude essentially threw away his life over this shit
Basically this:
809jNIy.jpg

Spikematic

Oct 28, 2017
the backlash people here received because they thought some guy on a fox show white supremacists definitely don't watch was recognized by racists and attacked on the way to subway at 3am during a snowstorm was weird...whew...

i stayed quiet tho...
What is the point you're trying to make here?

darz1

Dec 18, 2017
This was the dumbest shit ever. I would say they could write a movie about it but honestly this is something I would rather just forget

Mekanos

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 17, 2018
I'm still not 100% sure what did or didn't happen, to be honest, but it definitely tanked his career going forward. So uh. Yeah lol

mattiewheels

Oct 27, 2017
Was going to laugh at the clown, but now he faces jail time? Wow, this is an awful way to mess your fantastic life up.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
What is the point you're trying to make here?
I guess that we should all stop believing victims at the start, so in these rare cases, we can be right too and feel superior about it.

Gonna pass though.

Very few people sided with him once the evidence started to become more obvious. Myself, I don't regret believing the guy at the start. I'll do it again the next time a story like this comes out even if all the details aren't completely known at the time.

I'm not a court, know these things do happen to Minorities all of the time, and will change my opinion accordingly.

Dekim

Oct 28, 2017
I mean, his whole story was bullshit from the jump.

Who goes out in the dead of winter in January in Chicago for a Subway sandwich at 3 AM?
Why would some racist Trumpers be standing around a Subway shop in Chicago at 3 AM during a bitterly cold, snowy, night?
Why would a bunch of racist Trumpers even know who he is? Are Trumpers fans of Empire or something?

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
I guess that we should all stop believing victims at the start, so in these rare cases, we can be right too and feel superior about it.

Gonna pass though.

It's pretty gross for anyone to make a "Haha, I knew he was lying!" post.

A person lying about being the victim of a hate crime is extremely fucking rare. The majority (most -- not all) of those who received "backlash" as rude describes received that backlash for immediately doubting him or blatantly calling him a liar.

It's not okay to call someone a liar when they make an accusation like this. As more information comes out and the situation changes, it's fine to revisit the story. But it is so incredibly rare for someone to lie about a hate crime -- especially during a time when hate crimes were on the rise due to a literal white supremacist as President of the United States who we all know was making bigots feel emboldened and invincible.

Be cautious. But don't brag about being right.

¡Hip Hop!

Nov 9, 2017
Dude would probably be filming the second season of that Mighty Ducks show right now if he didn't pull this shit.

krazen

Oct 27, 2017
Gentrified Brooklyn
Gonna be interesting; there def. was a 'Black people make racism up!' sheen to when this went down years ago when there was blood in those Foxnews waters. Now, like someone said above seems a million years ago, not sure the same zeal is there (but since the right has moved on from CRT, maybe it's rerun time?)

He's a coked up idiot, but the basic idea that a bunch of Trumpers would never jump a rando out of spite...well pretty sure Vegas odds wouldn't give you much of a payout on that one considering what we've seen. From picking fights with people wearing masks to I dunno, an insurrection, wasn't that hard a story to believe at the time.

Last edited:

Seesaw15

Oct 27, 2017

i stayed quiet tho...
You know you spend too much time on this forum when you're trying to get credit from a three year old thread topic.

JuicyPlayer

Feb 8, 2018
This guy is one of the biggest pieces of shits to ever live simply because people won't believe others racist experiences due to the way this guy lied. I hope he hides under a rock and never comes out again.

Thordinson

Aug 1, 2018
This guy is one of the biggest pieces of shits to ever live simply because people won't believe others racist experiences due to the way this guy lied. I hope he hides under a rock and never comes out again.

The people who didn't believe racist experiences before were never going to with or without this case.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
It's pretty gross for anyone to make a "Haha, I knew he was lying!" post.

A person lying about being the victim of a hate crime is extremely fucking rare. The majority (most -- not all) of those who received "backlash" as rude describes received that backlash for immediately doubting him or blatantly calling him a liar.

It's not okay to call someone a liar when they make an accusation like this. As more information comes out and the situation changes, it's fine to revisit the story. But it is so incredibly rare for someone to lie about a hate crime -- especially during a time when hate crimes were on the rise due to a literal white supremacist as President of the United States who we all know was making bigots feel emboldened and invincible.

Be cautious. But don't brag about being right.
It's been years so I barely remember the thread but as I recall, the thread started out in support of him, sure, but quickly turned against him as more details came out and the discussion changed. That's really how a thread like that should probably go in a case like this.

You see people always say "wait for the facts", but what they leave out is that it means not believing a victim because you need to hear more information, the messed up thing about though is, cases like this here are rare as you point out, and the thing victims need more than anything else, is support.

CDX

Oct 25, 2017
Initially the mugging scenario and how it went down was so absurd I sided with him. Only because I initially just couldn't fathom how and why an actor making bank on a hit show would risk it all for a lie so stupid and absurd when that lie could eventually be proven to be a fake story. I thought no working actor would be stupid enough to risk all that.

And then that's basically what happened. He literally threw his career away for that flimsy BS story he made up.

Cargo Shorts

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, his whole story was bullshit from the jump.

Who goes out in the dead of winter in January in Chicago for a Subway sandwich at 3 AM?
Why would some racist Trumpers be standing around a Subway shop in Chicago at 3 AM during a bitterly cold, snowy, night?
Why would a bunch of racist Trumpers even know who he is? Are Trumpers fans of Empire or something?
The weirdest one for me (assuming I'm remembering this correctly) is that when the cops came to his door after the attack, he was still wearing the noose around his neck.

Necromanti

Oct 25, 2017
It definitely is something that I think should be punished, though I'm not sure what would be a fitting punishment. Probably something more lenient than what you'd get for shooting people to death, though.