• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 27, 2017
Again, stop quoting/referencing these unconfirmed Tweets with no links/sources as fact towards this being a hoax. All hoax talk is speculation/gossip on the part of the people sharing the tweets.
It's the media from Chicago tweeting this out. If they're wrong again, they're wrong, but you don't just not talk about something that's being reported because the sources don't have a 100 percent accuracy rate. And the info about Jussie being sought for another urgent meeting with police is directly from the police. It's news.

Deleted member 26139

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Again, stop quoting/referencing these unconfirmed Tweets with no links/sources as fact towards this being a hoax. All hoax talk is speculation/gossip on the part of the people sharing the tweets.
Mark Rivera is a reporter for ABC7 Chicago and his tweet includes a direct quote from police spokesperson Anthony Guglielmi. Like, at what point are we just sticking our heads in the sand?

Deleted member 25600

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Oct 27, 2017
Only part I care about, tbh.

Absolutely. It poisons the discussion when these situations actually do occur.

I remember people using this as an example of racial aggression against blacks when Liam Niason confessed about his past racist behavior.

The only part about a hoax that you would care about is how people will react to it? And not the fact that somone potentially fabricated a racially motivated attack? Ahhhh ok lol.

Kreed

The Negro Historian
Oct 25, 2017
Mark Rivera is a reporter for ABC7 Chicago and his tweet includes a direct quote from police spokesperson Anthony Guglielmi. Like, at what point are we just sticking our heads in the sand?

When a news source like CNN reports it, then the information is more credible, which is now.

Deleted member 38573

Banned
Jan 17, 2018
BronsonLee ill pm you my cashapp for that 25 GBP
QbadP.png

skullmuffins

Oct 25, 2017
CNN story is up: https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/16/entertainment/jussie-smollett-attack/index.html

Chicago (CNN)
Two law enforcement sources with knowledge of the investigation told CNN that Chicago Police believe Jussie Smollett paid two men to orchestrate the assault.

The brothers, who were arrested Wednesday, were released without charges Friday after Chicago police cited the discovery of "new evidence." The sources told CNN that the two men are now cooperating fully with law enforcement.

Smollett told authorities he was attacked early January 29 by two men who were "yelling out racial and homophobic slurs." He said one attacker put a rope around his neck and poured an unknown chemical substance on him.

The sources told CNN that there are records that show the two brothers purchased the rope found around Smollett's neck at an Ace Hardware store in Chicago.

Developing story - more to come

Deleted member 1635

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Probably the same two sources that we heard about many pages ago reported by the local CBS reporter? CNN confirming it certainly lends more credence, though.

Oct 25, 2017
Gordita Beach
How much of an idiot do you have to be to stage something like this and not think it will blow up in your face?

It's the only reason I'm holding on that this isn't a hoax because Jesus Christ dude.

crienne

Oct 25, 2017
So why is this rope purchase such a big deal? Ropes don't just appear from nowhere. Someone's gotta buy it.

Deleted member 42055

Banned
Apr 12, 2018
Jesus Fkn Christ the anger that will descend upon him if it turns out... and can people please stop being so defensive. It's way past the point of accusing others of asking questions in bad faith.

bickieditches

Aug 5, 2018
Honestly, the second he started refusing to let law enforcement pull information from his phone it was a bit suspicious. Youd expect someone in this situation to fully cooperate with police no matter your opinion about police in general

Honestly I could plausibly see someone doing that. But if this hoax thing turns out to be true, goddamn is he stupid.

Oct 25, 2017
The only part about a hoax that you would care about is how people will react to it? And not the fact that somone potentially fabricated a racially motivated attack? Ahhhh ok lol.

That is exactly what I was referring to in my post but I could see how one could misinterpret what I was saying like you did.

I'm saying that this being a hoax does no favors for victims of actual hate crimes. And secondary to that, the alt. right and similar ilk will feast on stuff like this as ammo.

The Flop

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Jesus Fkn Christ the anger that will descend upon him if it turns out... and can people please stop being so defensive. It's way past the point of accusing others of asking questions in bad faith.
Yeah I think at this time it should be ok for this thread to adjust and pivot to a discussion given the new news and revelations. The media is clearly pivoting.

I don't want another ban, but If I had to bet, It's not looking good for Jussie telling the whole truth right now...

Mr.Awesome

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
Yeah I think at this time it should be ok for this thread to adjust and pivot to a discussion given the new news and revelations. The media is clearly pivoting.

I don't want another ban, but If I had to bet, It's not looking good for Jussie telling the whole truth right now...
Someone should probably make a new thread really.

Blackage

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So what typically happens when you file a false report and waste police officers time and resources?

Depending upon the jurisdiction, a false police report may be charged as a misdemeanor or a felony. Misdemeanor charges may result in jail terms of one year or less. Typically, the defendant must also pay fines. If a person is charged with a felony, they may be looking at more than a year in jail and substantial fines. The person who made the false report may also be liable in a civil suit, such as if their report caused damage to another's reputation.

Status
Not open for further replies.