• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 14, 2017
Jussie Smollet is a narcissistic racist asshole. I see very few people accusing him of being racist, which he clearly is.
If the papers were inverted, this would have been brought up much more.

Hope he gets the maximum penalty. Fuck him.

Deleted member 4372

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

This is why I believe his career isnt over. He gonna have to go away for a while and he rightfully should, absolutely. But America loves a come back story. You gonna let Mel 'Raped by a pack of N***ers' Gibson back with open arms but not Smollett? I was arguing w my friends last night about this. He will be welcomed back, in time. Whether he SHOULD be, or whether Mel should have been, is of course debatable. But he will be.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
This is why I believe his career isnt over. He gonna have to go away for a while and he rightfully should, absolutely. But America loves a come back story. You gonna let Mel 'Raped by a pack of N***ers' Gibson back with open arms but not Smollett? I was arguing w my friends last night about this. He will be welcomed back, in time. Whether he SHOULD be, or whether Mel should have been, is of course debatable. But he will be.
Mel Gibson was gone for like ten years or more no?

Deleted member 4372

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Lets be clear though. No one welcomed him back with open arms. Hes coming back very very slowly, and hes not even in any big projects or leading roles. He is likely also walking on needles to not draw negative attention so he can stay put in a small way.

fair enough but he was in the expendables 3, Daddy's Home 2, has a new project called Dragged Across Concrete and he basically is STILL spouting racist and anti semetic bullshit while working.

Yeah I know that but he was gone for a long while plus he is Mel Gibson. He was famous for a lot of things. Jussie Smollet is famous for faking a hate crime.

Until he is famous for a redemption press tour and reintroduction project, whenever and whatever that is or may be. Quote me in three or four years when he on Ellen apologizing and getting a standing ovation.

HOUSEJoseph

Oct 27, 2017
So I was on a cruise ship for a week, and my brother and dad, both watch Fox News exclusively. It seemed like all they could talk about all day long was Jussie. It didn't matter what time of the day it was. It was so sickening and it just infuriated me that Jussie just gave this network this ammo. It was like no other news was going on.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
So I was on a cruise ship for a week, and my brother and dad, both watch Fox News exclusively. It seemed like all they could talk about all day long was Jussie. It didn't matter what time of the day it was. It was so sickening and it just infuriated me that Jussie just gave this network this ammo. It was like no other news was going on.

It's not too surprising that conservative media jumped all over it. Jussie gave them a story that didn't involve them having to constantly play defense for some dumb shit that Trump did or said. Instead they could actually go on the offensive. It also hit had a good time in the sense that it helped bury the story of the white supremacist Trump supporter who was planning to commit mass murder while targeting Democrats and conservative Trump critics.

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017

Cnn would have been the same. Its a joke. There was a white supremacist maga armed to the teeth that wanted to kill liberal congresspeople.

The media is there to sell ads. Not to inform you. Gotta remember that.

Jusse didn't change anything. Fox news viewers and republicans hate black people. When they dont have a story they make them up to the same effect.

White people are treated as individuals by both liberals and conservatives. Black people are all a hive mind. Which is everyones sad failure to recognize.

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
He's not a big enough name for anyone to care about in four years.
Yup, sadly this is the case. It's like Ray Rice vs. Kareem Hunt. Rice, who was on the decline, never got a second change. Hunt, who is young and still a good player (bad person, however) got a second chance very quickly. Redemption stories are much more likely when the person has the talent/name recognition for people to want to take a chance on them. Gibson was A list as both an actor and director, which made his path back a bit easier than it will be for Smollet who is now known almost exclusively for this hoax.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017

Mel Gibson fell from a much higher place though. He was an international super star. Jussie, in comparison, is a nobody. He's a complementary player in a network television show. Look at what "back" constitutes for Mel Gibson. Now apply that level of "back" to Jussie Smollet and the dude is probably doing reality shows or low budget netflix movies in 10 years.

Why would he call the police and file a police report in this scenario?

Also why would he tell people he saw his attackers eyes and they were white dudes? Also why would he claim his attackers were yelling slurs and "This is MAGA country!" at him when apparently an eye witness said nobody was yelling anything? If Jussie's only defense is "but I wrote something different in the memo line of the check!" he's fucked.

Dec 9, 2017
Will Packer or somebody will probably feel sorry for him and put him in their black ensemble cast Christmas movie in like 10 years.

JustinP

Oct 25, 2017

giphy.gif

edit: to be clear, the sources aren't saying he definitely didn't send it -- just that they're still investigating it and haven't reached a conclusion either way.

Kreed

The Negro Historian
Oct 25, 2017

giphy.gif

edit: to be clear, the sources aren't saying he definitely didn't send it -- just that they're still investigating it and haven't reached a conclusion either way

I thought this was posted in the thread earlier but I can't find it anywhere. But yeah, the CPD claimed Jussie sent the letter himself and the FBI is simply saying he may have not sent it directly/they are still investigating that.

MechaJackie

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
By the end we will discover that Jussie Smollet is not even a real person and this whole thing has been completely top to bottom made up.

Deleted member 9100

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

giphy.gif

edit: to be clear, the sources aren't saying he definitely didn't send it -- just that they're still investigating it and haven't reached a conclusion either way.

Reminds me of the police sources saying Jussie was not a suspect and being treated as the victim.

Until they've investigated it and have proof he sent it, they can't say he sent it.

JustinP

Oct 25, 2017
Reminds me of the police sources saying Jussie was not a suspect and being treated as the victim.

Until they've investigated it and have proof he sent it, they can't say he sent it.
Yeah I think at this point it'd be accurate for the police to say "we suspect he may have sent the letter to himself and are investigating"

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
EDIT: Man, we're gunna have to wait and see where all this ends up by the time it's all done, as this appears to be coming from TMZ.
The issue is still the false police report.

This just gets him out of a serious sentence if it proven he didn't sent. The reason the Fed investigated is because the FBI investigates all mail crimes as the Postal Service is a federal agency.

stupei

Oct 26, 2017
With reading how much he thoroughly planned this trying to put this down to drugs is flimsy as hell.

It would be a good explanation for why his thorough planning was so god damn stupid.

Until he is famous for a redemption press tour and reintroduction project, whenever and whatever that is or may be. Quote me in three or four years when he on Ellen apologizing and getting a standing ovation.

You're overestimating how much America cared about Jussie Smollett or wants redemption stories for black men, famous or otherwise.

Kreed

The Negro Historian
Oct 25, 2017
Didn't they find the magazines used to make the letter at the brothers' house?

Magazines were taken from the home as part of evidence, keeping in mind that this was during the time where the brothers were suspects not just in the "attack" but likely sending the letters as well. It's likely CPD just took anything that they thought was related to the "attack", not knowing 100% if all the items were or not. The brothers have never said in any statement/source statements that they sent the letters, and CPD claims Jussie himself sent the letters which is what the FBI is saying is premature. So the magazines they took may not be important to the case.

Clawbearing

Alt-Account
Banned
Feb 4, 2019
Slightly related, but I actually went to the same university as the two dudes hired to be the "attackers" - Quincy University. One of them came up to me at the schools gym and asked me to take "sexy pictures" of him because he saw me filming sports highlights for the school and assumed I did photography. I guess he was trying to get a modeling career going. I did not do it btw.

Oct 27, 2017
Bandung Indonesia
Yup, sadly this is the case. It's like Ray Rice vs. Kareem Hunt. Rice, who was on the decline, never got a second change. Hunt, who is young and still a good player (bad person, however) got a second chance very quickly. Redemption stories are much more likely when the person has the talent/name recognition for people to want to take a chance on them. Gibson was A list as both an actor and director, which made his path back a bit easier than it will be for Smollet who is now known almost exclusively for this hoax.

Do you think Smollet deserves a second chance? Remember, this is a guy who were ready to throw two innocents under the bus to support his ruse.

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Do you think Smollet deserves a second chance? Remember, this is a guy who were ready to throw two innocents under the bus to support his ruse.
Not really, but I do think that it's a shame that the transgression is not what matters most, but rather the marketability of a star is what matters. Chris Brown, for example, still have a fanbase. Mel Gibson is climbing back into things.

Deleted member 6949

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Slightly related, but I actually went to the same university as the two dudes hired to be the "attackers" - Quincy University. One of them came up to me at the schools gym and asked me to take "sexy pictures" of him because he saw me filming sports highlights for the school and assumed I did photography. I guess he was trying to get a modeling career going. I did not do it btw.

New news, new thread.

VectorPrime

Banned
Apr 4, 2018
The police should probably release some more evidence because those texts and the check don't support the hoax theory.

Deleted member 48897

Banned
Oct 22, 2018

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
If CPD is bullshitting this...

I mean, why are they going to court? Its all goign to be found out pretty much immediately that they are making shit up. -- I hate police, and I want to hate the CPD even mroe.. but I don't get what their gain was with this one - -say they are trumping up the charges... All it takes is a few hours in court for it all to be proven bullshit by Garagos.

Have the brothers admitted that they are the people who attacked Smollet?

This too.

Mr.Awesome

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
Theres no reason for CPD to give away their evidence. I'm sure they have a lot more on him. Theres 0 reason to doubt this here. Clear those leaks to ABC came from Jussie's camp.

Status
Not open for further replies.