• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheKidObi

Oct 27, 2017
Yep, I see no reason that post should be a perma. It's telling that he got banned while talking about why it's difficult to have a discussion on the subject.
Not surprised, he went against the popular opinion in the thread. hard to talk about certain issues when you have to follow 1 sided forum rule and if you don't like it, don't post or go someone else it seems

Seems kind of stupid IMO cause all you have is people agreeing with each other cause their completely safe while trashing the other side lol

Last edited:

Renna Hazel

Oct 27, 2017
Yup heck I even have some poster on ignore even though I find myself agreeing with them most all the time. Just because if that one situation happens where I disagree with them. And they feel strongly about it. The dog pile will happen and my ass would be baited into a ban. Cause I'd get pissy at all the passive aggressive to outright aggressive jabs.
This is how I feel. I agree with this site's general opinion maybe 80 percent of the time, but that other 20 has led to some unpleasant conversations (not all of them though). Some people here are just so angry and direct it at the wrong people.

LosDaddie

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Longwood, FL
Yeah. Jussie looks ragged.

He deserves it.

he got permabanned for this post

https://www.resetera.com/threads/ju...ious-attack-im-ok.97099/page-14#post-17956647

not the previously linked post and IMO it looks like he was antagonized repeatedly leading up to his banning.

Mod/Admin team should definitely review the thread for more posts like this that didn't warrant a ban, and reverse the bans.

Also, check the other posters who were being aggressively antagonistic towards others, and hand out warnings as needed.

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Yup heck I even have some poster on ignore even though I find myself agreeing with them most all the time. Just because if that one situation happens where I disagree with them. And they feel strongly about it. The dog pile will happen and my ass would be baited into a ban. Cause I'd get pissy at all the passive aggressive to outright aggressive jabs.
This is me honestly, though in my case I had some quabbles with some and because I didn't get baited they just put me on ignore on their side lol. Makes things easier.

Deleted member 4461

User Requested Account Deletion
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Welp, my trump supporting freind just messaged me and linked to this news and said "You see what liberals do? Pretend that people who support Trump are evil and violent when it's the other way around"

Y'all can thank this fucking coward for empowering the wrong kind of dudes.

He allowed Trump to tweet from the high ground, for once in his terrible life. That's ultra shameful.

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
Oof that page with New Fang certainly hasn't aged well. Not surprised in the least he got the axe, though. Gotta know when to fold 'em when certain posters come after you.
If you get in certain poster's shit list you are definitely getting banned. It shouldn't be that way. Mods are giving way to much weight to their reports.

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
This is how I feel. I agree with this site's general opinion maybe 80 percent of the time, but that other 20 has led to some unpleasant conversations (not all of them though). Some people here are just so angry and direct it at the wrong people.
yup to your last sentence especially lol. I swear some people post on this forum like it's a form of stress relief at times.

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
But why should people feel bullied to not voice their opinions because certain posters like to intimidate and dogpile you? I don't think its fair that certain posters can hurl personal and unfounded insults at you without repercussion and if just so much as attempt to have any discourse with them then you are warned or banned. I get certain topics are touchy issues but the mod team really needs to be consistent and punish all violations of forums rules not just those who have a dissenting opinion from the majority.

I asked a fairly straight up question and you answered with that, so what other conclusion am I supposed to draw? You still haven't clarified your stance and would rather reply with sarcasm.

And yes, as a Chicagoan, I am very familiar with the Laquan McDonald case and that is exactly why I said "fuck them" along with several other reasons.
But then again, I am capable of giving a direct answer.

im not being ornery. I wasnt suggesting anything you're suggesting in reply to marrec. You had your conclusion already made up. Not sure where else to go here. I just agree that I wish the police would have been so impassioned as they are now.

Dragoon

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Wait... this dude wrote a fucking check for this? This has to be a joke..

giphy.gif

durrTK

Oct 27, 2017
User Warned: Antagonizing Another User
The people here who constantly bully and berate other users who have differing opinions need bans for that shit. It stifles conversation.
Yeah. Jussie looks ragged.

He deserves it.

Mod/Admin team should definitely review the thread for more posts like this that didn't warrant a ban, and reverse the bans.

Also, check the other posters who were being aggressively antagonistic towards others, and hand out warnings as needed.
I'm gonna take this opportunity to call out RedMercury from the old thread. That person's attitude was extremely antagonistic towards other posters knowing full well that if anyone engages they would most likely get banned. Getting aggressive towards posters, making terrible assumptions about them, and egging them on to say anything while hiding behind the mods. it's quite frustrating to see people like that not get any warnings, while other reasonable posters get a ban hammer for engaging with them.

The Flop

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why hasn't Fox been quick to fire Jussie now that it's fact? ABC did the right thing in Firing Rosanne swiftly. Don't skate the issue Fire him...

Deleted member 42

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
Ok I'm back around

Official Staff Communication
While I'm more than happy to look at any examples or discuss any issues you may have in PMs, other than the one that's been posted, this thread is not about that. Let's move on from the metacommentary and get back on topic.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Why hasn't Fox been quick to fire Jussie now that it's fact? ABC did the right thing in Firing Rosanne swiftly. Don't skate the issue Fire him...

It's not fact, at least not legally, yet. They can afford to let this play out, let their lawyers make the calls, and not rush to a decision. It's wholly different from the Rosanne thing. Rosanne wasn't arrested and on trial.

NoRéN

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lol, you really find that surprising? There's some people who just love to throw shit at others and when proven wrong refuse to eat crow, just to do the same shit again the next chance they get. This need to feel morally superior to others in the same board community is getting really lame.

Props to BronsonLee to look at some cases in the other thread.

You mean for a few weeks.
I forgot the "hopefully" in there.

That dude that got a permaban sure took a verbal beating on here by a bunch of people that have been proven wrong. I would like to see that address but know it will likely not happen.

The Flop

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's not confirmed yet. It's best to wait for the details just like it was in the other thread.
The detailed timeline the CPD has after spending extensive man hours investigating and indicted him after going in front of a grand jury. I think it's safe to say he's guilty, and it's just a matter of sentencing now.

Sep 14, 2018
he got permabanned for this post

https://www.resetera.com/threads/ju...ious-attack-im-ok.97099/page-14#post-17956647

not the previously linked post and IMO it looks like he was antagonized repeatedly leading up to his banning.

I think there was a mod post by that point about not doing meta commentary, I suppose the mods rightly thought it was unlikely to be a hoax and deemed victim doubting counter productive, also right.

He could have just waited a bit as apparently a lot of other people did but yes a little trigger happy on the ban button.

I once got someone unbanned by pming an admin, I think they just prefer we do it in private.

And by the way to the people who apparently can't help but get themselves "baited" into a ban, you can just ignore whoever is talking to you, don't think you need to have the last word, there's a lot of people not worth a second look here so just let them wallow in their self delusions, that's what I do.

Oh woopsie just saw the mod post, don't be mad creepy puppet.

Renna Hazel

Oct 27, 2017
The detailed timeline the CPD has after spending extensive man hours investigating and indicted him after going in front of a grand jury. I think it's safe to say he's guilty, and it's just a matter of sentencing now.
It looks a certain way, but I still believe people are innocent until proven guilty. There is no harm in waiting for all the facts to come out before condemning someone. People are always in a rush to take a side, but waiting does no harm. If he turns out to be guilty as it seems, and they fire him, great. If they fire him now and he turns out to be innocent, that's not a good look.

Oct 25, 2017
I hope someone would summarize the sheer stupidity of the whole thing, from the crayon painted letter to the dude cutting himself

Reckheim

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
so I was just going through his twitter and found this golden nugget.

Frauds are everywhere y'all. Protect the mind, heart and spirit of you and your people at all costs. Just remember... Salt, cocaine and anthrax can all appear to be sugar...(the "refined" kind of course) just be careful out here fam. Happy Sunday. Love you. Real talk. Love on.

posted on Jan 27th.

(I have no idea how to embed tweets)

Steelrain

Oct 25, 2017
Actually, this dude might have showed up on set in full GMA-mode . Probably convinced himself that he'll beat this case

Downhome

Oct 27, 2017
I've heard nothing but talk of the charges for filing a false police report which could bring 1-3 years plus being forced to pay for the time and effort and resources that was used over this whole mess, but what about the whole deal with the letter? Am I crazy or could that not end up bringing WAY harsher time than anything else? Sending a letter like that through the postal service, with crushed up powder no doubt meant to simulate something like anthrax, seems like a pretty huge deal to me.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
so I was just going through his twitter and found this golden nugget.

Frauds are everywhere y'all. Protect the mind, heart and spirit of you and your people at all costs. Just remember... Salt, cocaine and anthrax can all appear to be sugar...(the "refined" kind of course) just be careful out here fam. Happy Sunday. Love you. Real talk. Love on.

posted on Jan 27th.

(I have no idea how to embed tweets)
Or how about training to take the fall and act hurt

Mighty Ducks, was his inspiration

Deleted member 1635

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
edit: ahh Jesus Christ... trying to catch up on a thread and replying to posts as I go along and get to the end only to see a mod post. Editing this out just in case.

Last edited:

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
I've heard nothing but talk of the charges for filing a false police report which could bring 1-3 years plus being forced to pay for the time and effort and resources that was used over this whole mess, but what about the whole deal with the letter? Am I crazy or could that not end up bringing WAY harsher time than anything else? Sending a letter like that through the postal service, with crushed up powder no doubt meant to simulate something like anthrax, seems like a pretty huge deal to me.
I think that's on the FEDs, that's a totally different matter. I believe the superintendent today said he couldn't comment on their case.

Something like that can come down the line.

Steelrain

Oct 25, 2017
I think the FBI has to file those charges for the letter but I could be wrong.

Downhome

Oct 27, 2017
I think that's on the FEDs, that's a totally different matter. I believe the superintendent today said he couldn't comment on their case.

Something like that can come down the line.

Got ya. I think it goes without saying that's a big pile of shit just waiting to drop on him as well.

I'm stunned that FOX hasn't already fired him, much less allow him back on set already. That whole thing is completely insane. They should have issued an announcement saying he was fired this morning.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Got ya. I think it goes without saying that's a big pile of shit just waiting to drop on him as well.

I'm stunned that FOX hasn't already fired him, much less allow him back on set already. That whole thing is completely insane. They should have issued an announcement saying he was fired this morning.
Probaby have to decide if they will kill him off or replace him. Or film a hasty exit. Once they can legally do something and have all their t's crossed and i's dotted he is out I believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.