• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 42055

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 12, 2018
Jussie's Empire, a movie by the Coen Brothers

Detective 1: "So he paid you $3500 for this?"
Brothers: "Yes, he gave us a check."
Detective 2, with blank look on his face: "He paid you with a check?"
Brothers: "Yes."
Detective 2, after a long pause: "Can we see it... the check?"
Brothers: "Sure."
Detectives look at each other.

This got me good. Thia whole thing is surreal , just mind-boggling

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
he told the cops that the attack just happened to occur in sight of a street camera?
mjlol.png

Dream Machine

Oct 25, 2017
And my response was about how it will affect everyone including the people running for election that supported him!

Look at this bullshit he caused!
DD2F88C7-ED7A-44C9-A8FB-6833D73EC0B8_zpsollmgbns.jpg

This will have HUGE repercussions! People will be less likely to send support for tragic things happening so they don't get labeled naive! Nancy Pelosi supported this guy for god sakes!

EDIT: He should make a formal apology! I'm so mad!
I can't get over how many dead eyed photos the press has of him for their stories

riotous

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle
Yep. They read what happened like it was a fiction book during Story Time at your local pre-school.

So open and shut that every moment that goes by where he doesn't come clean is another minute he becomes hated.

THIS MOTHAFUCKA WROTE THEM A POST-DATED CHECK!

I dunno I'm not laughing at this one like the rest of you are; he had a cover for that as he hired them as personal trainers. In the end the entire plan goes to shit if it's found out the brothers were involved so there's really nothing suspicious about him writing someone a check if they hadn't gotten caught. Whereas pulling large amounts of cash out of the bank actually might have been a tip-off; although he is a fairly well off celeb so that can be explained.

If he does keep up the "I didn't do it" routine they'll probably use the fact he wrote a check in his own defense and not the other way around. "I paid them for legit work of course I wrote a check."

Lonestar

Roll Tahd, Pawl
Oct 25, 2017
Good gawd, that 2nd press conference. She just saying line for line text messages from last year???

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Imagine if he had gotten away with this...

There was zero chance of him getting away with it, which makes is so much more stupid. How you think you can get away with something like this in a world where every persons movements are tracked and monitored in some way or another is beyond me, but I guess you'd have to be a narcissistic sociopath to understand.

The Flop

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So now that this is confirmed could we open up another thread to discuss how we could have discussed our concerned about this story without victim blaming and not getting a ban?

I for one wanted to post some slight hesitation to believe the story from the get go, but didn't want a ban, but it seemed if you didn't full out support the story you couldn't post in any thread without either being labeled a racist, or homophobic.

I'm not trying to Monday morning quarterback it but the community could learn from this and maybe (and hopefully we don't have a situation like this again) but allow open dialogue and explain how those of us who were concerned of the legitimacy of some of the details could have discussed it, without looking like victim blamming? Anyone or a Mod maybe care to open up a greater dialogue in a new thread about overall discussion and differing points of view?

I tend to be more moderate then most here, so I have to bite my tongue a lot as a flop.

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
I just wish the coverup of Laquan McDonald's murder got this much attention tbh

That story doesn't promote the agenda that Racism isn't real, and black people are lying about it. This shit is so transparent, the coverage. And everyone is falling right in line.

Ah well. Yeah, there goes civil rights. Thanks Jussie.

see5harp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
There was zero chance of him getting away with it, which makes is so much more stupid. How you think you can get away with something like this in a world where every persons movements are tracked and monitored in some way or another is beyond me, but I guess you'd have to be a narcissistic sociopath to understand.

I mean maybe if the claims were not so crazy. And maybe if he wasn't a celebrity.

Oct 28, 2017
Fuck this dude. I'm so mad. I'm so angry I can't even process this. I knew he was lying but shit. When you think about James Byrd...that imagery just stains your memory. When you think about all the real victims of shit like this...all the kids that are bullied at school everyday. Fuck him seriously. And excuse my language, but did this negro really write a CHECK? I'm just...i don't even know.

Thank You!

wait...

This sucka wrote a check? Like...It's almost like he wanted to get caught? This doesn't ...what?

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Yep. The Uber records are a good example. Can't be doing this in today's world.

Whompa

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The more this case unfolds the more embarrassing it is...these guys are getting paid well into 6 figure salaries (probably even more) and they resort to shit like this...

see5harp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Eventually whoever jumped him was going to be caught. Look how they caught the brothers, street cams and cell phone records. And whoever that person was was going to sing like a canary.

I suppose I just doubt that they have that amount of resources for every single case out there. Street cams and warrants for phone records, etc. But I believed him from the start without really thinking about why it sounded crazy so maybe I'm just dumb.

Deleted member 32374

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 10, 2017
So now that this is confirmed could we open up another thread to discuss how we could have discussed our concerned about this story without victim blaming and not getting a ban?

I for one wanted to post some slight hesitation to believe the story from the get go, but didn't want a ban, but it seemed if you didn't full out support the story you couldn't post in any thread without either being labeled a racist, or homophobic.

I'm not trying to Monday morning quarterback it but the community could learn from this and maybe (and hopefully we don't have a situation like this again) but allow open dialogue and explain how those of us who were concerned of the legitimacy of some of the details could have discussed it, without looking like victim blamming? Anyone or a Mod maybe care to open up a greater dialogue in a new thread about overall discussion and differing points of view?

I tend to be more moderate then most here, so I have to bite my tongue a lot as a flop.

Why is it so important for you to broadcast your doubt in the early hours of a breaking story? Just don't post anything if you're waiting for the facts to shake out.

Total Monday morning QB as well.

Good luck. :)

MindofKB

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Bay Area

I agree that some retooling needs to happen with the ban hammer.

People who are skeptical should be able to voice that without the threat of getting their heads lopped off.

Neece

Oct 27, 2017
If anyone likes to hear about stupid as fuck criminals and con artist getting caught in their bullshit then check out the Swindled Podcast. After binging this the last month, I'm not at all surprised to hear about Jussie being an idiot that poorly planned his con job. It happens a lot at all levels.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Are the mods going to unban the people who expressed mild skepticism after hoax information started coming out? I'm not talking about the ones completely dismissing him, but there were people banned and accused of concern trolling, surprisingly by some people who haven't posted once in this thread as far as I've seen.
Especially since he was willing to throw two innocent people under the bus and get them imprisoned.
I think the mods were acting in good faith. The story unfortunately took advantage of people believing victims of hate. Jussie psychopathically took advantage of people's desire to help and empathize.

Hopefully, any permabans would be overturned.

Deleted member 42

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
Are the mods going to unban the people who expressed mild skepticism after hoax information started coming out? I'm not talking about the ones completely dismissing him, but there were people banned and accused of concern trolling, surprisingly by some people who haven't posted once in this thread as far as I've seen.
Especially since he was willing to throw two innocent people under the bus and get them imprisoned.

Which peeps? I'm happy to take a look and see what's what

It's important to note that this situation has taken place over a month's time or so though, I'd be very surprised if any bans handed out were a month + (hell a week +) unless they went way off the chain

Twenty7kvn

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I agree that some retooling needs to happen with the ban hammer.

People who are skeptical should be able to voice that without the threat of getting their heads lopped off.
Where's the line between being skeptical and victim blaming? If you're skeptical about stuff like this in the future then keep quiet until more info comes out.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Where's the line between being skeptical and victim blaming? If you're skeptical about stuff like this in the future then keep quiet until more info comes out.

Victim blaming-he deserves what happened to him because X

Skeptical-parts of this story don't sound quite right and here's why

I definitely don't think everyone who was initially "skeptical" was doing so in good faith, but some probably were. This is a discussion forum, "keep quiet until more info comes out" just feels like bullshit to me.

There's a fine line, sure, but it's up to the mods to find it.

studyguy

Oct 26, 2017
Gonna go back to my earlier point that I don't see how Empire keeps rolling without Smollet. It already looked like the show was wrapping up and I recall that Breakfast Club interview where they implied it was ending soon. Empire isn't all that anymore but it def didn't deserve this shit.

Sinfamy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
He could have saved some face by admitting early with an apology, Dunning-Kruger.
Which peeps? I'm happy to take a look and see what's what

It's important to note that this situation has taken place over a month's time or so though, I'd be very surprised if any bans handed out were a month + (hell a week +) unless they went way off the chain
New Fang here didn't seem malicious.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/em...ach-on-him-this-is-maga-country.96410/page-13

KingM

Oct 28, 2017
Gonna go back to my earlier point that I don't see how Empire keeps rolling without Smollet. It already looked like the show was wrapping up and I recall that Breakfast Club interview where they implied it was ending soon. Empire isn't all that anymore but it def didn't deserve this shit.
There's always room for a secret Lion child.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
That story doesn't promote the agenda that Racism isn't real, and black people are lying about it. This shit is so transparent, the coverage. And everyone is falling right in line.

Ah well. Yeah, there goes civil rights. Thanks Jussie.
So you're saying had this been a real hate crime, it wouldn't have been investigated as effectively?

Last edited:

Kayotix

Oct 25, 2017
I gave him the benefit of the doubt and now feel like a fool for assuming he was telling the truth. Guy really fucked up big time and I hope they make an example out of him.

Curufinwe

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
DE
Seeing the posts from cuntservatives who are using this one bizarre hoax to pretend hate crimes aren't a serious problem in America in 2019 is the worst.

studyguy

Oct 26, 2017
There's always room for a secret Lion child.
Like idk lmao Bruce Willis' daughter bounced out of the show and into that other show about masked singers. Feels like it's all sorta wrapping up. Taraji had mentioned she might retire after the 4th season since it starts running into syndication. 5 could be it.

The Flop

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I definitely don't think everyone who was initially "skeptical" was doing so in good faith, but some probably were. This is a discussion forum, "keep quiet until more info comes out" just feels like bullshit to me.

To be fair I was skeptical and in good faith, but didn't voice it., because I saw the bans left and right. Plus the mod post basically made it say such that anything other than agreeing with the story was victim blaming and NOT allowed originally. So... yeah this is a discussion forum, just trying to open up the dialogue around future touchy stories and how a forum can have discussions around it without racism and homophobic accusations. et. al.

Daemul

Dec 13, 2017
Scotland
Bruhs, what sort of madness have I been missing?

When this story first broke I read the OP and just automatically assumed that it was some sort of publicity stunt for an upcoming plotline on Empire, so I didn't bother reading the rest of the thread.

Now I come back to discover that not only was the story actually legit, but Jussie planned the whole thing just because he was mad salty about his pay and feared being written off the show.

The fuck

ohhh.png

Twenty7kvn

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Victim blaming was wrong to use there. I guess not believing the victim would be better which can be just as bad in my opinion. I don't know the line is to close for me especially on the internet when you can't really tell what people truly mean.

Lol just saw your stealth edit. I see what you're saying but know the history of not believing victims and using skepticism as an excuse is bit hard for me to except. But hindsight is always 20/20 and mods have a really tough time figuring out what's what.

Last edited:

Rvaan

Oct 25, 2017

When this story first broke I read the OP and just automatically assumed that it was some sort of publicity stunt for an upcoming plotline on Empire, so I didn't bother reading the rest of the thread.

Now I come back to discover that not only was the story actually legit, but Jessie planned the whole thing just because he was mad salty about his pay and feared being written off the show.

The fuck

ohhh.png
You missed some grade SSS DRAMA.

Lonestar

Roll Tahd, Pawl
Oct 25, 2017

Now I come back to discover that not only was the story actually legit, but Jussie planned the whole thing just because he was mad salty about his pay and feared being written off the show.

The fuck

ohhh.png

This whole thing, she describes what sounds like a complete timeline of events, off of text/cell phone conversations. It's...wow.

Status
Not open for further replies.