• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 8197

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The worst thing about this whole incident is discovering that Americans spell cheque as check.

neon_dream

Dec 18, 2017
Jussie's Empire, a movie by the Coen Brothers

Detective 1: "So he paid you $3500 for this?"
Brothers: "Yes, he gave us a check."
Detective 2, with blank look on his face: "He paid you with a check?"
Brothers: "Yes."
Detective 2, after a long pause: "Can we see it... the check?"
Brothers: "Sure."
Detectives look at each other.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
BBTTOiY.img

Not exactly a mug shot but this is certainly his "I done fucked up" shot.

You got the police chief saying he gave the scratches on his face to himself because the brothers were wearing gloves. What a mess

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
Making other people's pain your own for attention. What a slap in the face.

Kreed

The Negro Historian
Oct 25, 2017
I thought the two brothers taking a cab to the hoax site was amateur hour enough, but a damn check? smmfh

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
This is an episode of Sunny, holy fuck. Cannot believe this shit.

Instro

Oct 25, 2017
Yikes they are getting him for the letter too? This is going to be really ugly for him if it wasn't already.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
You know what the crazy thing is? If he wasn't so dumb his plan would have worked. Everyone was behind him, he was in the news, Fox were saying they wouldn't write him off the show. His plan could have actually worked.

If he wasn't so fucking stupid, lol.

vacantseas

Oct 27, 2017
The thing that made me suspicious initially was it would seem a tv star if they go out in public they would have a bodygard or send someone to pick up for them, no go alone in the middle of the night.

I dont think many celebs really have bodyguards. Even like A list actors dont really have bodyguards. Really really high profile people (that probably dont need bodyguards) like Kim and Kanye most definitely do.

Bliman

User Requested Ban
Banned
Jan 21, 2019
It will be interesting to watch his next interview. To see how many roles he can play.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
You know what the crazy thing is? If he wasn't so dumb his plan would have worked. Everyone was behind him, he was in the news, Fox were saying they wouldn't write him off the show. His plan could have actually worked.

If he wasn't so fucking stupid, lol.

He added too much spice to the assault and the police had no choice but to get to the bottom of it quick because the CPD in particularly has been under heavy (and well deserve) scrutiny.

Depths

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No one goes out for Subway at 2am in below 0 temps. Like every part of this plan was really stupid.

Stop It

Bad Cat
Oct 25, 2017
I think it was more like the attack would see him get offered higher paying roles.

I know. Was just being silly!

Well, let's look at the chain of events. He first sent himself a racist and homophobic letter with white powder on it. He was reportedly really angry that the letter didn't receive much attention, so he staged a racist and homophobic assault on himself. That did get a lot of attention. So I think what he thought would happen is that the assault would greatly raise his public profile through sympathy. With that profile raised the Empire creators would want to feature him on the show even more due to how much attention he was getting, and in turn that would mean his paycheck would increase. Of course as you said, it's all an example of someone that isn't actually think things out well.

Even Dutch had better plans than this.
It's just crazy all round. Again, while it raised his profile, he could've done so in far more positive ways.

I guess the thought process was that this would launch him to the A-list by boosting his profile. And I mean, he was right — how many people had heard about him before this story?

It's just that he got caught.
While it boosted his profile, and generated sympathy, at the end of the day TV producers would look at his body of work to see if he was worth it, this could've easily just backfired without being found out and was not worth the effort.

The selfish actions of someone who feels the industry owes him more than he gets. Just sad really.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
This fucking idiot has done so much damage with this bullshit. He has made life even harder and more miserable for real victims. All because he wasn't making enough money in his opinion.

I cant fucking believe anyone could be this stupid and this selfish.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
He added too much spice to the assault and the police had no choice but to get to the bottom of it quick because the CPD in particularly has been under heavy (and well deserve) scrutiny.

I agree, he added paprika when he should have sprinkled salt.

Nobody will ever name their kid Jussie anymore. He's tainted the name.

Oct 27, 2017
I thought the noose thing was known from the start.

It was known very quickly after the supposed attack. It was dismissed as not being weird by people saying he probably just wanted to preserve the evidence. But that never made sense because it was also stated that he had to be convinced to call the cops in the first place, and it took like 40 minutes before they were called, and I don't even think it was him who did.

Status
Not open for further replies.