• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lacer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yes sorry, I didn't mean it as a legit mentally ill person, but he has clearly demonstrated behavior of a sociopath, is that considered mental illness? I am no psychologist..
it is, but it's also not the easiest thing to diagnose by medical professionals to patients in person, and impossible to judge by laypersons who have never met the subject in question. i agree that someone who does something probably isn't of a totally sound mind, but speculating on the mental health of someone who does something like this is futile since it's both totally unreliable and doesn't do anything to excuse actions such as those Jussie is accused of

BrucCLea13k87

Oct 27, 2017
User Warned: Derogatory language.
What to set people back my dude...now all the Trumptards can and WILL question any hate crimes. You fucked up Jussie. Asshole

Falconbox

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Buffalo, NY
He went from lead in a multi season cable sitcom prior to 2015 (when he was exposed) to nothing but bit parts after. I wouldn't say " nothing happened".

To be fair....you could say the same thing about pretty much the entire cast. They haven't done much since the show ended.

I know Jason and Paul are on the podcast How Did This Get Made, but that's about it.

Oct 25, 2017
it is, but it's also not the easiest thing to diagnose by medical professionals to patients in person, and impossible to judge by laypersons who have never met the subject in question. i agree that someone who does something probably isn't of a totally sound mind, but speculating on the mental health of someone who does something like this is futile since it's both totally unreliable and doesn't do anything to excuse actions such as those Jussie is accused of
I understand how my post may have read like I was throwing the "mental illness card" out there, but that wasn't my intentions at all. By all means, I am not trying to water down his shitty (premeditated) actions and behavior.

Oct 25, 2017
This hurts voters in the middle also, swing voters get swayed in different directions over things like this so it's not so much a republican thing its a middle of the pact type influencing that people should be worried about in regards to voters.

lacer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I understand how my post may have read like I was throwing the "mental illness card" out there, but that wasn't my intentions at all. By all means, I am not trying to water down his shitty (premeditated) actions and behavior.
no worries dawg, i didn't think you really had any ill intent or were trying to excuse this behavior. armchair diagnosis is just kind of a pet peeve of mine, hope i wasn't too cranky about it

This hurts voters in the middle also, swing voters get swayed in different directions over things like this so it's not so much a republican thing its a middle of the pact type influencing that people should be worried about in regards to voters.
lol that shit's two years away, this is gonna be ancient history by then. there's gonna be so much fucked up shit in the next 20 months that this won't even be a blip on the radar by then

Xe4

Oct 25, 2017
Welp... all I can do at this point is shake my head.

Dumb move by a dumb person.

I wonder if he faked the letter too... probably : /

Last edited:

Fairxchange

Oct 30, 2017
He wanted it to be caught on camera because he choreographed himself beating back the attackers. He wanted to be seen as a badass fighter of racist and anti gay violence. It's sad he went to these absurd lengths, and put lives at risk in the process.

justin haines

Banned
Nov 27, 2018
Lessons to be learned here. I hope people are paying attention and this gets the discussion it deserves. I can see him reforming but he will surely be paying time and being made and example of. This will probably be remembered for a long time I think. Such a massive failure.

motherless

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
He wanted it to be caught on camera because he choreographed himself beating back the attackers. He wanted to be seen as a badass fighter of racist and anti gay violence. It's sad he went to these absurd lengths, and put lives at risk in the process.

Him fighting off four times his weight in muscle would have been entertaining. Maybe there is still hope a video is out there.

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
If it all turns out that he's guilty, then what a gargantuan piece of fucking shit garbage. Utterly insulted the countless people that have had and/or will have to deal with actual situations in this vein, and helps undermine their voice. Cunt.

Last edited:

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I'm mad at Jussie for this, but I don't feel bad about believing him at the outset. I'd still rather stand with victims and be proven wrong down the line than assume everyone who comes out about something is a liar until they're proven to be telling the truth.

Matrix XII

Oct 27, 2017
He just torched his career and his life as well as made it much harder for real victims of hate crimes. One of the most foolish and bizarre stories I've ever heard. Make an example of him.

Oct 27, 2017
To be fair....you could say the same thing about pretty much the entire cast. They haven't done much since the show ended.

I know Jason and Paul are on the podcast How Did This Get Made, but that's about it.
What? Nick Kroll has worked steadily and even has his own Netflix show. Mark Duplass stars in, writes, and produces a ton of movies/tv. As does his wife who was also on the show. Paul Sheer still gets a lot of work as well. The only guys I dont see much of are Taco and Steve. Even Mantzoukas gets a ton of work.

Storm Chamber

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
If the rumors of him concocting this plan so his character wouldnt be written off are true.....he basically sealed his characters fate.....or did he all publicity is good publicity?

Vonnegut

Banned
May 27, 2018
This is like when you run to Canada to avoid being drafted in the war, but Canada ends up getting invaded as soon as you arrive and you're killed by a bomb.

Smollett staged a hoax because he thought he was going to lose his job, and in doing so he has lost everything.

Hoisted by his own petard.

CDX

Oct 25, 2017
If the rumors of him concocting this plan so his character wouldnt be written off are true.....he basically sealed his characters fate.....or did he all publicity is good publicity?
Wait what? Any reason he was being written off?
FOX and the producers of the TV show put out press releases denying that rumor. They stated he they had never even considered firing Jussie.

I see no reason Fox would put out a press release and lie for Jussie, so I believe Fox. Him staging this hoax was not motivated by possibly being fired from the show. Whatever motivated him to go through with this hoax was something else.

Although, I expect him to be fired NOW after he's arrested.

Puroresu_kid

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Lol @ the letter.

This plan as stupid as you can get. All of this just so you can call yourself the 'Gay Tupac'.

Dude has some serious issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.