• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Blablurn

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Welcome to Camp Cretaceous. At long last, the Jurassic Park series enters the animated foray with an all new series coming from DreamWorks Animation! Debuting exclusively on Netflix in 2020, Jurassic World Camp Cretaceous promises all the the thrills, wonder, and adventure synonymous with the Jurassic films.
Check out the first picture below, and read on for the first plot details!

Jurassic-World-Camp-Cretaceous.jpg

More here: https://jurassicoutpost.com/dreamwo...all-new-animated-series-roaring-onto-netflix/

NippleViking

May 2, 2018
Was excited, and then I read it's Dreamworks animated. I've been left pretty unconvinced by their television output. Hopefully the artstyle's nice.

fick

Alt-Account
Banned
Nov 24, 2018
Would have preferred Park, not World, branding, but whatever

Allforce

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So looks like we got the standard character spread of Preppy Boy, Rugged Girl, Nerdy Boy, Jock Boy, Adventure Girl, and Diva Girl here just based on the one backshot of them all.

Wonder which one dies a horrible death first?

Terminus

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Looking forward to the inevitable contingent of weirdos extolling the virtues of this cartoon as some indispensable addition to the canon and an essential time investment for adult fans of a long-running blockbuster franchise.

DemonCarnotaur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
NYC
First off - I am SO excited. Netflix / DreamWorks shows have had great production quality, so this show is going to be gorgeous.

I've always wanted canon Jurassic Park spin-off's, and word is they really looked at things like Star Wars to get this right. Can. Not. Wait.

Stay tuned, a little more of a tease from this show will be hitting a little later!

Peru

Oct 26, 2017
Wish it wasn't the movie timeline. Would like to see a sort of well functioning park with kids running around, mishaps and dangerous situations of course, but a steadily long time running park as a micro society.

Aurongel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
6 year old me would have eaten this shit up like there was no tomorrow. Looks promising and the premise has pretty immediate appeal.

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
Background and character design looks on point.
Really looking forward to this as an animation fan.

Tbm24

Oct 25, 2017
YES!!!! I can forget the second Jurassic World existed and they didn't blow up the fucking island :).

Oct 27, 2017
JP and Lost World cartoons got torpedoed but this one makes it. It hurts a little bit.

I don't know how/why they're trying to make this fit in the movie timeline though.

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017
So looks like we got the standard character spread of Preppy Boy, Rugged Girl, Nerdy Boy, Jock Boy, Adventure Girl, and Diva Girl here just based on the one backshot of them all.

We won't see their deaths. At best we'll get more severed limbs or bloodstains.

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017
teaser looks great

dreamworks has been killing it with their Netflix series so I will def check it out

Deleted member 3465

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Space
Um this is awesome! Its about time we got a tv series for this amazing franchise! Personally hope it's really dark, but I feel that's probably not happening :/

Finaj

Oct 25, 2017
It's kind of weird that Dreamworks has transitioned so much into tv. I feel like we barely get animated movies from them anymore (and yeah, I know HTTYD 3 just came out).

Given the quality of their recent output though, maybe that's for the best.

dangeROSS

Oct 28, 2017
Mildly interested. It at least sounds like they have some folks on-board that might attempt to make it decent. Hopefully. Does this mean that whole leaked thing about a new survival Jurassic Park game might be true too?

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
man... legit the first non-nature netflix series I've been interested in. This could be a great format to showcase the JP universe, given it's been clearly demonstrated for the past 4 films that the cinema is not.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
I'd totally watch this. That teaser seems like it could be more in line with the original than I imagined a kids animated show could be. At least in regards to the Raptors behavior.

HibbySloth

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Now here's the best reason Comcast got Dreamworks. I like that they've been given Universal IP to work with.

DangerByrnes

Oct 25, 2017
I would assume none of the main characters will die, but if there are other characters like say camp counselors, well Rip.

it would be odd to have a jurassic park spinoff without someone getting eaten. even if its a last second cutaway or blocked from view like muldoon, i think i'd be satisfied.

Beedig

Feb 10, 2018
Are they going to allow characters to be eaten in this or will there be no sense of danger?

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017
How much do you want to bet that none of the kids die, however, there will be a bunch of nefarious mercenaries up to no good, and they will be munched on all series?

Last edited:

SpankyDoodle

Oct 25, 2017

I don't think that's Jock Boy, he looks more like stoner/skater/surfer bruh to me? Body type is lean with shaggy sandy blond hair, he's like a Shaggy more than a Fred.