• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

TheDinoman

Oct 25, 2017

RG0BS1U.gif

Closing date is on September, 3, 2018.

They seem to be advertising it as if it's an all new ride, but considering it's due to open in 2019, it seems more likely than not that this is just going to be a revamped and refurbed version of the current River Adventure ride.

Only question now is, when will the equivalents at Islands of Adventure and Universal Studios Japan follow?

MikeRahl

Oct 27, 2017
When I was in Orlando for a Conference in November I must have went on the version there 4 times where I was nearly the only person riding it. Fantastic ride

Gonzalez

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully they make the drop bigger. Last time I went it felt weaker than Splash Mountain, and I barely got wet.

MMarston

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
giphy.gif

That's like half the reason I even go to the damn theme park when I'm there.

Deleted member 3542

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I imagine they'll keep the same set up and premise but finally (and I mean fucking finally) update the animatronics and maybe throw in a few new ride wrinkles.

Deleted member 3038

Oct 25, 2017
I hope they keep the one in Orlando, I ride it every time I go.

Deleted member 3542

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Actually, they already stopped dropping that thing a while back.

Yeah they stopped that a year ago or so, but glad I was able to catch it at least once.

Of course on that same ride (it was my first time) the thing broke down half-way up the raptor part and a raptor kept popping out. Was funny after a while.

MadLaughter

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
When I went here on a school trip, the park was fairly empty so I rode this thing like 6 times in a row. Great ride.

SpecX

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Loved this ride as a kid and missed out on going on it last time i visited the park. I will definitely put this on my list to make sure I get one more chance before it closes.

Jest

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah they stopped that a year ago or so, but glad I was able to catch it at least once.

Of course on that same ride (it was my first time) the thing broke down half-way up the raptor part and a raptor kept popping out. Was funny after a while.

My favorite was one time when I went on it the T-Rex head that gets lit right before the drop for the scare effect... was fully brightly lit up, completely ruining the jump scare effect.

gig

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
The complaints of this being changed into Jurassic World being a bad thing makes no sense lol. The faults of the new movies wouldn't apply to updated animatronics, etc. It's just a straight upgrade no matter what way you look at it.

Deleted member 4247

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That sucks. Jurassic World just doesn't have the same ring to it. Damn kids without adequate JP nostalgia.

AndreGX

GameXplain
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
San Francisco
The complaints of this being changed into Jurassic World being a bad thing makes no sense lol. The faults of the new movies wouldn't apply to updated animatronics, etc. It's just a straight upgrade no matter what way you look at it.

There's any number of ways an "upgrade" can make for a lesser experience: losing the JP gate, the music, the falling Jeep, the Mickey hat, the T-Rex in favor of the stupid new dino, or the addition of Universal's favorite thing: screens

gig

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
There's any number of ways an "upgrade" can make for a lesser experience: losing the JP gate, the music, the falling Jeep, the Mickey hat, the T-Rex in favor of the stupid new dino, or the addition of Universal's favorite thing: screens

Screens would bum me out; I see your point. Hopefully it's less is more.

Deleted member 10060

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Falling jeep didn't even work last time I was there, many of the dinos looked really worn out. Thought I saw holes in one of them. It needs to be fixed, updated, revamped. I'm not a huge fan of JW aesthetics, but closing this down for a while is not a negative.

AndreGX

GameXplain
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
San Francisco
Falling jeep didn't even work last time I was there, many of the dinos looked really worn out. Thought I saw holes in one of them. It needs to be fixed, updated, revamped. I'm not a huge fan of JW aesthetics, but closing this down for a while is not a negative.

Indeed, but none of these things needed Jurassic World as an excuse. It's unfortunate Universal didn't better maintain one of their best rides

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
End of an era. I never personally rode the ride myself, due to not wanting to go through that drop; I generally don't do water rides for that very reason. But my family enjoys that attraction.

My worry is that it could end up being yet another simulator ride, and Universal already has plenty, if not too much, already.

But I will remain optimistic.

Pet

More helpful than the IRS
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
SoCal
This is already a really fun ride, so I can't wait for the revamp!

Zombegoast

Oct 30, 2017
Please don't be a simulator ride

Oct 25, 2017
The Jurassic World park had a boring as hell aesthetic compared to Jurassic Park.
jurassic-park-jeep-18.png

vs

latest

they will repaint the boat silver and blue and it will look generic as hell.

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hope it still has the drop. I wonder what will happen to the Florida version?

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Good! I love that ride at Island's of Adventure ride. My wife however does not. lol

I still remember them building it. With big posters and such showing it off back in the 90s.

Zoso

Oct 27, 2017
Love this ride. Hope they improve what's there and don't somehow make it worse.
One of the last great Universal animatronic rides before they went 3D screen crazy.

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It's a refurb of the same IP so I wouldn't be as worried since this isn't a Twilight Zone to GotG conversion.

That said, River Adventure is a classic and one of Universal's best rides so they better not mess up the experience. I'll be annoyed if practical effects go away for screens. My faith in Universal Creative is pretty low given their post Diagon Alley efforts and where in ET's name is Super Nintendo World?

msdstc

Nov 6, 2017
Love this ride. Hope they improve what's there and don't somehow make it worse.
One of the last great Universal animatronic rides before they went 3D screen crazy.

I looooove the ride for nostalgic purposes, but to call it a great animatronic ride? Nah not at all, they are incredibly dated.

Amalthea

Dec 22, 2017
I always wanted to go there but I couldn't because I'm poor. Now I'll never have the chance. Of course my sister went a few years ago despite not giving a damn about Jurassic Park. FML

Oct 25, 2017
I remember all the way back in 2001 thinking they should have added a Spinosaurus fin to the water making it seem like it had knocked your boat off course.

Glad they never did,