• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Gentlemen

Oct 25, 2017
He will get fined by the NFL as well. They have personal conduct policy. Jim Ersay was fined for a DUI.

Man, the NFL is probably tired of these scandals PR wise.
The NFL is the owners tho, they don't give a shit about these scandals and have capped their maximum fines to approximately 0.0007% of Rob Kraft's net worth to show how much they care.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
The NFL is the owners tho, they don't give a shit about these scandals and have capped their maximum fines to approximately 0.0007% of Rob Kraft's net worth to show how much they care.
I'm aware. Kraft is also rich AF so it's mostly an empty PR gesture from the NFL.

There's been a lot of feminist writing on the definition of consent in sex work. In this case, these are not even voluntary sex workers. They're doing it against their will. If that's the the case, there is no true consent, hence the rape instance the poster mentioned.

Definitely deeper stuff than the periphery of this case.

Big Baybee

Oct 27, 2017
No need to feel. It is mostly the case with these places.
I have no stats to back up my statement, thats why I threw that in there haha. A lot of these have been busted in my area, and there is always human trafficking involved. People casually defending or brushing this off are disgusting me right now.

Squarehard

Oct 27, 2017
Some reporting says Robert Kraft isn't even the biggest name from people charged, and some other bigger names from South Beach might come out from this investigation.

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is a legitimately serious story about women being used as sex slaves and you decided to bring the conspiracy theory bullshit that you derail the NFL threads with into it?

Stop. This is not about you or that shit. This is serious.
And it's a serious issue that they still have a role in the organization.

entremet

Oct 26, 2017
I have no stats to back up my statement, thats why I threw that in there haha. A lot of these have been busted in my area, and there is always human trafficking involved. People casually defending or brushing this off are disgusting me right now.
Where are they getting these women and, in some sick cases, girls?

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
There's been a lot of feminist writing on the definition of consent in sex work. In this case, these are not even voluntary sex workers. They're doing it against their will. If that's the the case, there is no true consent, hence the rape instance the poster mentioned.

Definitely deeper stuff than the periphery of this case.
Given these are only misdemeanor charges, I'm not sure where we go with this discussion. I agree generally. I'm just not sure where it goes in the context of this specific situation.

entremet

Oct 26, 2017
Given these are only misdemeanor charges, I'm not sure where we go with this discussion. I agree generally. I'm just not sure where it goes in the context of this specific situation.
Yes, I mentioned the rape discussion is definitely deeper and more nuanced that the known facts of this case far. Books and theses have been written on this subject. Moreover, there are no current laws of this on the books since it's so hard quantify.

Caja 117

Oct 25, 2017
I assume that every sports owner is an old horny dude that probably solicit prostitution, but a sex trafficking ring is a whole different ballpark, me think he knew and Kraft is a nasty old dude that get off on knowing he is fucking slaves.

Instro

Oct 25, 2017
Prostitution isn't normally rape. If you can prove that Kraft knew they were being trafficked then that's rape but I haven't seen anything to that effect.
It's obviously not rape by the definition of law, but the poster is completely accurate in calling it as such. If a women is being forced into prostitution, as was happening here, every person taking advantage of her services are essentially raping her. How can there be consent if the entire premise is without any to begin with? This is part of the reason why human trafficking is taken so seriously by law enforcement, and why people going to fake massage parlors are charged with a crime, because at least they can get them for something for being complicit in large scale victimization and rape of women.