• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mattsdl

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
In about 1h 45 mins ALL OUT x Sendai Girls airs live on DDT Universe.
D9yy_e6U8AENUiy.jpg

KO-D 6-Man Tag Team Championship:
Meiko Satomura & Chihiro Hashimoto & DASH Chisako vs ALL OUT

Meiko Satomura vs Konosuke Takeshita

Chihiro Hashimoto vs Yuki Iino

Hardcore match:
DASH Chisako vs Shunma Katsumata

Sakura Hirota vs Akito

Mika Iwata is injured, so Sakura Hirota is taking her place.

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
My review of the "Stomping Grounds Pay Per View" after not having watched Raw or SD for a month.

- Becky/Lacey was alright. Not great. Not bad. Right finish but they seem to be continuing it so lol.

- KO and Sami vs. New Day was great

- Ricochet vs. Joe was great and they put over Ricochet huge and sold his win as a big deal. Best thing on the show IMO and if they go Ricochet/AJ next that will be something to watch.

- Bryan and Rowan vs. Heavy Machinery was way, way, way, way better than I expected. Easily the best Heavy Machinery match I've ever seen and the crowd was crazy into it because of Bryan.

- Bliss vs. Bayley was okay. Probably the best main roster match they've had together (which is not saying much) but I really appreciate the edge they've given Bayley. She's not a completely different character, just smarter and takes less bullshit.

- Roman vs. Drew had good moments, but holy fuck just fire Shane McMahon into the motherfucking sun. Dude is boring as shit and it's the same stuff over and over. When Roman and Drew went back and forth without Shane, it was good.

- Kofi vs. Dolph was meh. Completely nothing. Dolph is still boring and uninteresting. Kofi is still over and he tried his hardest but there was just nothing here. This was a 2012 Smackdown gimmick PPV midcard match.

- Seth vs Corbin was terrible, but they did do a good job of building the big pop for Becky. The fact that THIS FEUD MUST CONTINUE is awful considering the parties involved. It is amusing that Becky is back in the main event again by virtue of just being more over than those guys. lol

In conclusion, first half of the show was mostly great. Second half sucked shit or was just downright boring (not sure which is worse).

Sure sounded that way at the end of the show. Crowd didn't pop at all when she came out.
I dont see a cruiserweight match review in here. Please watch that that great match.

milamber182

Dec 15, 2017
Australia
Stomping Grounds was entertaining for a filler PPV that looked bad on paper. Crowd was good. Enjoyed most of the matches. I fast-forwarded bits of the last 3 but they looked OK.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017

Someone should remind Seth he isn't even the best in his company let alone all of wrestling

This is so bad.

This is what WCW in the year 2000 would have looked like if Twitter was around

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
Because she main evented wrestlemania and now her involvement in the main event is to help her man and brag about him and how badass he is.

Becky being tied to a romance and a man is the last thing she needs.

On the one hand...WWE handles romance in a dumb way. On the other hand, I disagree that this diminishes Becky at all. A minute after Lacey walked out the crowd started chanting for Becky. She was the most over person in that match and the building exploded the moment she showed up. They wanted her to beat up Lacey more than they wanted Seth to win his match.

Deleted member 3761

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Seth has every right to want to believe that he works with the best and hardest working grapplers but he's tone deaf about celebrating the product as a whole — even if he's powerless to change it.

kiguel182

Oct 31, 2017
Cody Rhodes had a better match than like 90 per cent of the Seth Rollins matches I've watched in WWE (so most PPV except for the last year or so. Maybe two?).

Also, thinking of the best wrestlers in the world and then at what the WWE craps out it makes it even sadder/funnier.

Maybe since I stopped watching they increased their quality ten-fold. Somehow I doubt it!

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Rollins saying they have the best wrestlers in the world is like saying you have the fastest car in your town even though there is a 30mph speed limit everywhere.

Doesn't matter how good your wrestlers are when everything is booked to shit.

But even if they weren't, fuck wwe.

OfficerRob

Oct 25, 2017
Rollins main evented a WWE PPV that only sold 4.5 tickets and went on to have a flat out terrible match. Perhaps he should pick a better time to do a poor impersonation of his girlfriend on twitter.

kiguel182

Oct 31, 2017
I've been reading Death of WCW (entertaining read altought very badly written) and I'm at a point were WCW would sell out shows despite being shit because the brand was so strong.

WWE seems to be the opposite now. 4.5k for what is the biggest wrestling company in the world is shameful.

I mean, with that card who would want to pay for that? But, most importantly, it seems their brand isn't saving them anymore. Being a WWE show isn't enough (unless is Mania or SummerSlam).

Oct 25, 2017
VIC, AUSTRALIA
I've been reading Death of WCW (entertaining read altought very badly written) and I'm at a point were WCW would sell out shows despite being shit because the brand was so strong.

WWE seems to be the opposite now. 4.5k for what is the biggest wrestling company in the world is shameful.

I mean, with that card who would want to pay for that? But, most importantly, it seems their brand isn't saving them anymore. Being a WWE show isn't enough (unless is Mania or SummerSlam).
Meltzer has said a few times that this is an outlier as they generally sell really well for PPV's.

In any case ratings have tanked over the last 12 months at a rate way higher than previous.

Here's a look at the last 10 weeks of SmackDown numbers as compared to the same week in 2018:

2018_sd_tv_ratings_31.png

kiguel182

Oct 31, 2017
Meltzer has said a few times that this is an outlier as they generally sell really well for PPV's.

In any case ratings have tanked over the last 12 months at a rate way higher than previous.

Yeah, maybe it's just a blip. But 4.5k for a WWE PPV seems really low. Shockingly so.

TV numbers keep dropping I think PPV attendance is an indicator that you can't say "TV viewership is down for everyone". It's a good popularity indicator.

Oct 25, 2017
VIC, AUSTRALIA
Yeah, maybe it's just a blip. But 4.5k for a WWE PPV seems really low. Shockingly so.

TV numbers keep dropping I think PPV attendance is an indicator that you can't say "TV viewership is down for everyone". It's a good popularity indicator.
The match lineup for the PPV was incredibly bad, everyone expected it to be a bad show. I wouldn't be surprised if they have another bad turnout this year for a C level PPV down the line.

Xater

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Those Seth Tweets are hilarious.

Anyway, expecting what seems to be a AEW B-show to blow whatever WWE is doing out of the water again.

DarkstarIV

Feb 21, 2018
If you want every bad thing WWE had done on one place

Hopefully a big outlet does something with this

I wouldn't hold my breath. With the Iran stuff going on, combined with Trump bumbling it every step of the way, and add in the fact that Linda was the only member of Trump's cabinet at the time that came across as less crazy than the other members, and you get the recipe of the media not caring. That's not factoring in the democratic primaries being a massive trainwreck right now. It doesn't help that she's already stepped down from that role either, and her confirmation was fairly bipartisan in the first place (81-19).

thefro

Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't hold my breath. With the Iran stuff going on, combined with Trump bumbling it every step of the way, and add in the fact that Linda was the only member of Trump's cabinet at the time that came across as less crazy than the other members, and you get the recipe of the media not caring. That's not factoring in the democratic primaries being a massive trainwreck right now. It doesn't help that she's already stepped down from that role either, and her confirmation was fairly bipartisan in the first place (81-19).

Yeah, I don't think there's anything there that the media would care about.

Status
Not open for further replies.