• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

foggy

Oct 25, 2017
Champion

D8HIT0lU8AIiU69

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
It's weird how they decided to "end" the brand split now that Raw and SmackDown are going to be in different networks

And having every wrestler in both shows could be a good thing, if it wasn't just an excuse to repeat the same storylines in both Raw and SD

You'd think both channels would want their own stars, and yet...

Deleted member 12224

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm so happy I stopped watching WWE. It's better to just read recaps of Seth and Kofi being in both shows every night. And Shane. And Roman. And Dolph. And Drew.

I dunno how anyone can watch that crap for 5 hours every week.

NXT is good though.
I watch the five hours in about 60 minutes with fast forward and I feel like I could cut that down to watching Firefly Funhouse on YouTube.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
During Sean Ross Sapp's Smackdown post show, he mentioned the Revival turned down WWE's latest contract offers

"Okay, so putting the titles on them last time didn't make them sign new contracts. BUT if we do it again, SURELY THEY'LL SIGN THIS TIME"

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
I'm way to9 invested in the 24/7 title.

Maverick dressing as Carmella to pin R Truth is the best storyline pay off in WWE for the last year.

Brian_FETO

The Million Post Man
Oct 25, 2017
DDT apparently just straight up put the main event of their KBS Hall show on Youtube so if you want to see ASUKA/MAO vs. HARASHIMA/Saki Akai then you have no excuse

Brian_FETO

The Million Post Man
Oct 25, 2017
The Revival guys turned down even more than $2.5M over five years? I respect the desire but DAMN that's a lot of money.
If you are already living comfortably and you're never home anyways what is the point of taking more money to be miserable

They aren't turning down millions to make $200 a show on the indies

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
The Revival guys turned down even more than $2.5M over five years? I respect the desire but DAMN that's a lot of money.

We're all operating under the idea that they're all but guaranteed to be signed to AEW once their contracts expire. If true, they won't be that much money, but people will generally take less money for happiness.

The brand split for me died when they killed talking smack. That was a glorious time.

The branded PPVs and Talking Smack gave Smackdown a unique identity that set it apart from RAW and made it into NXT-Lite, basically. Without either I guess Smackdown is destined to become a clone show of RAW again.

Stall_19

Oct 27, 2017
Why are wwe treating the Revival like they're game changers? Like I don't even think they put anywhere near that much effort into getting Moxley to stay. Like take that effort and put it into Sasha, who's an actual game changer.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Why are wwe treating the Revival like they're game changers? Like I don't even think they put anywhere near that much effort into getting Moxley to stay. Like take that effort and put it into Sasha, who's an actual game changer.

They are putting effort into all of them.

Mox wasn't even looking at their contract offers past a certain point. Sasha just signed an extension so it's not like they are going to offer another one. lol

Sinatar

Oct 25, 2017

Because they know 100% that they are going to AEW, the bucks have been teasing FTR for literally years.

Stall_19

Oct 27, 2017
Also has Smackdown superstar Roman Reigns been on Raw more than Smackdown since he was drafted there? This wildcard rule is terrible. Like it should be one person max but whatever.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not sure I buy all these contract rumors. It's believable for the Revival and Gallows/Anderson, but that's my limit. People acting like the whole 205 Squad is gonna walk out the door.

Brian_FETO

The Million Post Man
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone who leaves and achieves greater success and happiness outside of the company just gives more people the idea to do the same

If they go to AEW they would safely be the number 2 tag team, id pretty much guarantee that they'd immediately be given the titles

Current WWE is structured around the brand being the draw rather than actual stars being the focus. Wrestlemania sells out because it's Wrestlemania, no one gives a shit about the card

WWE is an untouchable monolith but the notion that people can now become big stars in the west without them is a threat to their position of power

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
WWE is an untouchable monolith but the notion that people can now become big stars in the west without them is a threat to their position of power
It was always possible, just not as common. It's why Vince continually tries to fuck over anyone who became popular without his help. EC3 probably would have been a 3-time Universal champ by now if Vince made him famous.

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
NXT has also provided a platform that shows what a lot of talent are capable before they get called up the black hole that is the main roster and probably has generated more support/sympathy from people who wouldn't have seen or heard of them otherwise, especially a homegrown tag team like The Revival.

Deleted member 274

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Revival can simultaneously make a shitton of money and love their lives while working indies, they'd be beyond dumb to take those soul eating 5 year contracts

Fox318

Oct 25, 2017
5 year deals only make sense if you think you aren't going to be able to grow your value.

Mike and Marie for example aren't going to make event any other promotion.

The revival would be dumb to sign that deal even if they wanted to stay with the WWE.

mattsdl

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Oct 25, 2017
VIC, AUSTRALIA
Wow definitely expected a much bigger bounce back from the worst non-holiday rating in modern history now the basketball is over

Raw last night was up only 5.2 percent from last week's show that went against the NBA Finals, doing 2.24 million viewers.

One would have hoped for at least a 10 percent bounce-back when you eliminate a game that did 18.22 million viewers from competition. This looks to be the new level for Raw for the summer with no major sports competition.

The three hours were:
  • 8 p.m. 2.33 million viewers
  • 9 p.m. 2.30 million viewers
  • 10 p.m. 2.08 million viewer

Seraphis Cain

Oct 25, 2017
DDT Pool Wrestling show is live in a bit over 30 minutes. Wonder if the decision to air it live was made recently, as I'm fairly sure it wasn't on the live schedule the last time I looked.

Seraphis Cain

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, DDT gets a lot of attention online because of their comedy stuff, but their serious wrestling is absolutely on par with New Japan, IMO.

milamber182

Dec 15, 2017
Australia
Smackdown was mostly good like Raw. We got shorter talking segments, a good Bayley/Bliss/Nikki segment, Damandyz Donuts, Kabuki Warriors and Bryan on commentary. Only the wildcard rule is bringing things down. If they maintain this booking and pacing but rotate the rosters better they might have a solid formula going forward.

Avengers23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Tonight on Beyond Wrestling's Uncharted Territory episode 12:
Gentlemen's Club (Chuck Taylor & Orange Cassidy) vs. Still Life with Apricots and Pears & Blank
616Uncharted_ChuckOCStillLifeBlank+%280_00_13_25%29.jpg

Chris Dickinson vs. Shane Mercer
616UnchartedNEXTWEEK5.jpg

Team Tremendous (Dan Barry & Bill Carr) vs. Bear Country (Bear Beefcake & Bear Bronson)
616UnchartedNEXTWEEK1.jpg

Solo Darling vs. JXT
616UnchartedNEXTWEEK2.jpg

Josh Briggs vs. Richard Holliday
616UnchartedNEXTWEEK3.jpg

Anthony Greene & The Platinum Hunnies (Ava Everett & Angel Sinclair) vs. Ken Doane, Skylar & Davienne
616UnchartedNEXTWEEK4.jpg

Discovery Gauntlet: Thomas Santell vs. ?

Oct 25, 2017
Tonight on Beyond Wrestling's Uncharted Territory episode 12:
Gentlemen's Club (Chuck Taylor & Orange Cassidy) vs. Still Life with Apricots and Pears & Blank
616Uncharted_ChuckOCStillLifeBlank+%280_00_13_25%29.jpg

Chris Dickinson vs. Shane Mercer
616UnchartedNEXTWEEK5.jpg

Team Tremendous (Dan Barry & Bill Carr) vs. Bear Country (Bear Beefcake & Bear Bronson)
616UnchartedNEXTWEEK1.jpg

Solo Darling vs. JXT
616UnchartedNEXTWEEK2.jpg

Josh Briggs vs. Richard Holliday
616UnchartedNEXTWEEK3.jpg

Anthony Greene & The Platinum Hunnies (Ava Everett & Angel Sinclair) vs. Ken Doane, Skylar & Davienne
616UnchartedNEXTWEEK4.jpg

Discovery Gauntlet: Thomas Santell vs. ?

Dickinson v Mercer is going to be hoss

Interested in seeing more of Solo as well

Status
Not open for further replies.