• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brian_FETO

The Million Post Man
Oct 25, 2017
Why would you make yourselves look dumb by saying its creative issues when visa issues are much more understandable?

So fucking weird.
Because even though Visa issues are something completely out of their hands and understandable, they probably feel like they'd look incompetent. New big wrestling company that's supposed to compete with WWE couldn't get the paperwork settled

So the excuse they gave makes PAC look like he just didn't want to job. He takes all the heat instead of the company, who is So Dedicated to their booking that they didn't want to cave to this Bastard

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Because even though Visa issues are something completely out of their hands and understandable, they probably feel like they'd look incompetent. New big wrestling company that's supposed to compete with WWE couldn't get the paperwork settled

So the excuse they gave makes PAC look like he just didn't want to job. He takes all the heat instead of the company, who is So Dedicated to their booking that they didn't want to cave to this Bastard
So you're saying PAC is Batman from the end of The Dark Knight?

Goddamn, that just makes him even cooler.

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
Why would you make yourselves look dumb by saying its creative issues when visa issues are much more understandable?

So fucking weird.
Alvarez's theory was that AEW thought that if they said that PAC wasn't coming in due to visa issues, then it makes them look disorganized and unprepared and they didn't want that perception for a brand new company who's trying to make a good first impression (even though the visa issue is more an issue with our current government than anything else).

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Meltzer being the PR arm of AEW is super sus
Yeah, Its cool that AEW is more journalist friendly but if he took their word for it and they deliberately lied to him, he needs to decouple himself and realize they might be using him.

People make jokes about Dave being a propaganda guy and duped by stuff like this (or worse, just going along with it) doesn't help.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Attn: excelsiorlef

D8ZrnvGWkAUlaTq

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
I would pay good money to see Okada take the judas effect, look confused for a moment and then laugh and say "I ain't selling that shit" in japanese.

RBH

Nov 2, 2017
There isn't a junior heavyweight on the (Dominion) poster, not even the champion. There's two heavyweights on here (Taichi and Ibushi) that I've beaten, but no juniors. It's time to rectify that. That's why I'm moving to Japan, to give back. Some people have left and fair play, take a paycheck and try to 'change the world'. But I'm loyal to this Lion Mark so I will stay here and bust my ass to rectify this. So if I have to be put in with the heavyweights, please. Make that happen. Put a junior with the heavyweights. See what happens.'

Oct 27, 2017
Lol so Goldbergs promo wasn't scripted that's why it was decent. Now if only they gave that level of freedom to some of their other superstars and it might improve.

thefro

Oct 25, 2017

Sting
Goldberg
Vader
Stone Cold

Hogan, Warrior, Orton are the best Survivor Series performers by far glancing at it, so they'll be on the team. You've got Hogan/Warrior who become unstoppable after you hit them with a finisher and try to pin them. Orton has the RKO and has rolled through multiple people in short order with that. He also gives you some intelligence on the team.

I'll probably go for Kane in the last spot since he's the strongest. DiBiase is going to have tricks up his sleeve and is solid but those could backfire. Eddie's small and his cheating can backfire. Jake's unreliable even though his snake is a hard counter to Andre. Booker choked as part of Team WCW. Jericho's not particularly great in these matches.

Sweeney Swift

User Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
#IStandWithTaylor
From Greg Gilleland, General Manager, Ring of Honor:

ROH FOLLOWUP STATEMENT:

Ring of Honor prides itself on providing a fun and entertaining environment for both our fans and wrestlers to experience professional wrestling at the highest level.

Fans are encouraged to cheer, boo, and chant during the show while wrestlers interact both positively and in rivalry, as that is the engagement that makes the ROH experience what it is. Wrestlers interacting with fans is core to the experience, however, under no circumstance should any of our athletes or staff confront or engage fans outside the bounds of this entertainment experience or outside the bounds of the area that hosts this experience. We hold all of our athletes and staff members to the highest standards and, because of the actions over the weekend, we fell short of meeting those standards.

We are still in the process of investigating this matter as well as reviewing and assessing internal security protocols to ensure a safe environment for all fans and athletes. All of our athletes and staff will also be trained and reminded of our policies and protocols for fan interaction and appropriate behavior in all situations.

To our amazing and wonderful fans, we apologize for the matter that transpired this past weekend as it does not reflect who we are as an organization or how we hope to engage with our fans. ROH fans are known worldwide for their passion, admiration, and appreciation for our athletes, and we share this same admiration and appreciation for our fans. We encourage all of our fans to continue attending our events and supporting our amazing athletes in a respectful manner as they have done in the past, and we promise to continue delivering what the fans deserve – the best wrestling and the best fan experience on the planet.

RBH

Nov 2, 2017

In the first two minutes, RVD talks about his initial TNA debut and how Hogan missed his cue

Status
Not open for further replies.