• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

UrbanDandy

Oct 25, 2017
Mox getting a well deserved push.

Who else from "that company up east" is going to follow?

Ragsheets say Sasha

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Mox getting a well deserved push.

Who else from "that company up east" is going to follow?

Ragsheets say Sasha
Unless she gets one hell of a lawyer, shes not going anywhere anytime soon, sadly.

WWE are very paranoid about letting people out of their contract right now and even vindictive in some cases.

SilentMike03

Oct 27, 2017
The Io and Kairi fan accounts are the worst. I decided to dig through a bit of their history before they turned their accounts into fan accounts, and there was some bigoted stuff in there at one time, including diehard support for Trump and his infamous Charlottesville remarks, etc.
White supremacists fetishizing Asian women. It's like right out of a textbook.

Big One

Oct 25, 2017
Unless she gets one hell of a lawyer, shes not going anywhere anytime soon, sadly.

WWE are very paranoid about letting people out of their contract right now and even vindictive in some cases.
I have a feeling someone ballsy is going to eventually do this however and it'll be a hell of a sight to see to see a WWE employee just debut on another product, lol.

data west

Oct 25, 2017
I'm trying to think of a return nobody gives a shit about but WWE really tried to hype up like a big deal

Because that's how all of this Destiny 2 media feels

UrbanDandy

Oct 25, 2017
I can't wait for Jericho to ask some shit head like Jon Jones to endorse his Judas Effect as the most devastating move in conflict play history.
tenor.gif

"conflict play." Love it

Oct 27, 2017
Phoenix
See, I'd argue Shayna's story is not as bad as Charlotte because at least her ability is consistent. Charlotte seems to be able to win or lose based off of convenience and how they want her to look at a given moment. At least with Shayna she's booked consistently in the spot she's in. It's not stop and start like it is with Charlotte.

Now to be clear this is in no way me saying Shayna's booking is great or that the women's division in NXT is what it should be. Hell, I've been championing the UK women's division as the best in the company all week. But it's still way better than the main roster, even if only because it's logical and consistent.

I can certainly see the argument for saying that Shayna's booking has been better than Charlotte's. The thing that I find frustrating with her is that there was a period between Evolution and Takeover Phoenix where she was booked weaker like they were tapering down the unbeatable monster thing. They put her into tags with Marina and Jessamyn that resulted in losses. There were more victories by her that had clear interference by Marina and Jessamyn. It felt like they were telling a story about how Kairi had spooked her and how being champ was more important than actually being an unstoppable force. It's why Bianca's loss in Phoenix blew my god damn mind. Bianca had been booked as a heel but has great natural charisma and going into Phoenix "Un De Feated" made sense. I thought Bianca was going to win. True (at the time) undefeated takes on and defeats someone who has been insulating herself with lame lackeys.

After Phoenix something changed and they went back to booking Shayna super strong. She didn't really need her underlings around anymore. I thought the women's match at Takeover New York was going to be a way to get the title off of her while protecting their renewed interest in her as a monster who didn't need underlings. It seemed natural. It was some multi-man match with Brock Lesnar shit. Then they didn't pull the trigger. Absolutely mind blowing. If they weren't going to have Shayna lose there was no reason to make that a four-way match. None. Instead, you make three people look like nerds.

So going into Takeover S̶a̶n̶ ̶J̶o̶s̶e̶ B̶r̶i̶d̶g̶e̶p̶o̶r̶t̶ XXV I felt certain that the booking that made SENSE was Io beating Shayna. You've got the idea that now Io has Shayna one on one. You've got tougher, leather jacket wearing Io. More frequent appearances by Shayna's lackeys. When Candace shooed off Marina and Jessamyn it seemed perfect. Now that Io has Shayna one on one and her lackeys have been chased off Io gets the win and is set up as a strong champ. Instead after Marina and Jessamyn are chased off Shayna wins clean. After losing Io loses she attacks Shayna and this is somehow supposed to protect her? No Io, you've been forced through the woodchipper of endless Shayna dominance and now your kendo stick attack just makes you come across as a petulant child. And if they do a rematch in Toronto it makes no sense unless Io has to wind her way back through the whole division. She lost in the four way. She lost clean 1:1.

Deleted member 290

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Most of the criticisms people level at Ospreay regarding his in-ring work actually apply to TJP. I've never seen a wrestler so technically and athletically gifted who fails so badly to make any sort of emotional connection with his audience. Turns out that demonstrating his IRL personality makes a bunch of people despise him, though, but I'm not generous enough to call that character work.

Oct 25, 2017
Most of the criticisms people level at Ospreay regarding his in-ring work actually apply to TJP. I've never seen a wrestler so technically and athletically gifted who fails so badly to make any sort of emotional connection with his audience. Turns out that demonstrating his IRL personality makes a bunch of people despise him, though, but I'm not generous enough to call that character work.

TJP isn't even close to Ospreay's level, but I agree. Every time I see the dude in ring I'm like "Oh, yeah. TJP is pretty good." but my enjoyment of him is just offset by him being an awful, awful person. It doesn't help that he's more of a piece of shit then Ospreay is

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
Out of the 24 people who competed in the 2014 BOLA:

-16 are signed to WWE
-2 are signed to AEW
-1 is signed to NJPW (ZSJ)
-3 are signed to Impact
-The other two are Sydal (I guess he's a free agent?) and Sabin (I guess still technically with ROH while recovering from injury)

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
Moxley-Juice is the first wrasslin' match I've watched in months and it reminded why I liked wrasslin'.
Casual NJPW watcher might be the route I take until I die. Being free from the E feels good.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
FWIW, Alvarez is now saying that the PAC thing was a visa issue

So it's just Dave holding out. lol

Phoenixazure

Oct 27, 2017
I've been mulling for a while and I can't think of any marquee UK/European talent for AEW. WWE has everyone from NXT UK, NJPW has ZSJ and Osprey. Seeing Chris Brooke's doing shows for DDT, part of me wants him signed or at least making some appearances.

In hindsight, PAC was gonna be the guy for AEW but that kind of fell through huh...

DarkstarIV

Feb 21, 2018
And if they do a rematch in Toronto it makes no sense unless Io has to wind her way back through the whole division. She lost in the four way. She lost clean 1:1.
It makes complete sense for Shirai to jump to the front of the line. Shayna was still completely humiliated after the match that she won. On top of that, if they want to justify a rematch, all they have to do is have Io pick on/"bully"/hurt Jessamyn and Marina, the only two people in NXT that Shayna actually likes.

And before you claim that's a heel move, please remember Shayna did the same exact thing to the face side of the division when she first debuted, and it only got worse after her first loss.

Brian_FETO

The Million Post Man
Oct 25, 2017
I've been mulling for a while and I can't think of any marquee UK/European talent for AEW. WWE has everyone from NXT UK, NJPW has ZSJ and Osprey. Seeing Chris Brooke's doing shows for DDT, part of me wants him signed or at least making some appearances.

In hindsight, PAC was gonna be the guy for AEW but that kind of fell through huh...
I mean they already signed Havoc who is a top name over there. They're probably going to sign Marty as well (who most wouldn't consider a UK guy at this point because he's rarely over there but he still is). They have PAC eventually, probably.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017

Starr isn't actually European but he's in that scene enough that he's probably the most valuable guy left there

But also he's making money of the "LOOK AT THESE SELL-OUTS, I'M INDEPENDENT" gimmick right now so it probably makes more sense for him to cash in on that while he can and then sign somewhere later

Brian_FETO

The Million Post Man
Oct 25, 2017
Starr isn't actually European but he's in that scene enough that he's probably the most valuable guy left there

But also he's making money of the "LOOK AT THESE SELL-OUTS, I'M INDEPENDENT" gimmick right now so it probably makes more sense for him to cash in on that while he can and then sign somewhere later
while it's 100% an "anti-sellout" thing to cash in on, he's already said "we aren't anti-contract, we're pro independent-contractor/workers rights"

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
while it's 100% an "anti-sellout" thing to cash in on, he's already said "we aren't anti-contract, we're pro independent-contractor/workers rights"

Oh I get it. He's been consistent about it. But anywhere he reasonably could sign with isn't gonna give him that and I still see him signing somewhere at some point.

Sweeney Swift

User Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
#IStandWithTaylor

Nah, this time I gotta just go with loltjp

Fucked up so bad in WWE he was able to go from "winning tournament ZSJ and Kota were in" to "fired at a time when the company's hoarding people and taking any excuse to extend contracts so other companies can't have talent", and he Still has to crawl back to TNA because nobody bigger is answering his calls lmfao

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Why would you make yourselves look dumb by saying its creative issues when visa issues are much more understandable?

So fucking weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.