• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
I dunno if he's the best, but for my money Ospreay's absolutely a top 10 in the world guy right now. But he's said dumb stuff on twitter, and most wrestling fans lack even a shred of objectivity, so...
Everyone's got their own tastes. Somehow he managed to be exactly what I want to see in the ring most of the time - or my mindset appreciates him most.

but fucking assassins creed...

Flammable D

Oct 30, 2017
The fuck is wrong with those people and why do they obsess over that specific shitty booking decision in an ocean of shit booking decisions? Why not shit on Ryder and the other guy? it's somehow because they're women, isn't it?
If you buy into the direct consequences argument, the booking decision cost them a division and a top star in Sasha, whereas putting the titles on the Edgeheads was totally inconsequential

Deleted member 274

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Kento Miyahara
Will Ospreay
Kazuchika Okada
Zack Sabre Jr.
Kota Ibushi

And then guys like Daisuke Sekimoto and Shuji Ishikawa.

He wore tights back in the CZW days, but it was strange to see him in them again.
As much as I love ZSJ and Kota I think dumbass Will got them beat. Kento on the other hand is definitely up there and I feel dumb for not thinking about him before.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
I dunno if he's the best, but for my money Ospreay's absolutely a top 10 in the world guy right now. But he's said dumb stuff on twitter, and most wrestling fans lack even a shred of objectivity, so...
Yeah, hes not getting a pass for having a go at people when they just lost someone and are grieving just because he can go.

SeroTyler

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I watched Moxley's entrance before going to work and everything about it is so surreal. It's so weird hearing stuff like "NXT" and "the Shield" being mentioned on NJPW television.

Flammable D

Oct 30, 2017
Yeah, hes not getting a pass for having a go at people when they just lost someone and are grieving just because he can go.
He's not saying he should

He's just saying (because there is on Twitter) that there's a big contingent of people who pretend Ospreay is a terrible wrestler because he's a shitbag

Deleted member 290

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Fuck Will.

Who said anything about giving him a pass for being a fucking obnoxious cretin at times?

I'm talking about people shitting on the idea that he's one of the best WRESTLERS in the world right now, simply because they can't get past the fact that his behaviour online has been personally offensive to them. If the tournament was called Best of the Super Tweeters, he'd have come dead last. But it isn't.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Who said anything about giving him a pass for being a fucking obnoxious cretin at times?

I'm talking about people shitting on the idea that he's one of the best WRESTLERS in the world right now, simply because they can't get past the fact that his behaviour online has been personally offensive to them. If the tournament was called Best of the Super Tweeters, he'd have come dead last. But it isn't.
Big E is the best of the super tweeters.

We don't need a tourney for that.

Flammable D

Oct 30, 2017
But the whole show is booked to be inconsequential, every division, nothing matters
We're not talking about "good booking", we're talking about meta consequences, i.e., as the argument goes, the tag division not fulfilling the promises of all over defenses, being booked as not a joke, being booked on the show at all in some cases, and causing Sasha to finally break and quit.

For the record, I don't agree with the take that the Iiconics are bad, and putting the belt on them ruined everything

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
But the whole show is booked to be inconsequential, every division, nothing matters
I think he means that while the other divisions are inconsequential, women's tag are literally dead and is a direct consequence of the booking decision to put it on Billy and Peyton. Whether you like the IIconics, it's hard to argue that.

Only division as dead is the Smackdown Tag, but there's also nobody in the Smackdown tag.

Deleted member 274

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Dumb stuff would be selling it short, honestly.

And can't speak for others, but for me getting invested on the actual human beings is a big part of my enjoyment while watching/following wrestling, and any other media really, so it's probably why it has taken me so long to realize how good he is, but yeah, I certainly can't deny his talent.

Dude is goooooooood

Flammable D

Oct 30, 2017
I think he means that while the other divisions are inconsequential, women's tag are literally dead and is a direct consequence of the booking decision to put it on Billy and Peyton. Whether you like the IIconics, it's hard to argue that.

Only division as dead is the Smackdown Tag, but there's also nobody in the Smackdown tag.
I mean I'd personally place the blame more on the entirety of the women's division being forgotten the second the door closed behind Ronda

Jamie OD

Oct 27, 2017
I'd like to say that I do think the Iiconics are shite and have played a significant part in dragging down the women's division.

Deleted member 274

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
We're not talking about "good booking", we're talking about meta consequences, i.e., as the argument goes, the tag division not fulfilling the promises of all over defenses, being booked as not a joke, being booked on the show at all in some cases, and causing Sasha to finally break and quit.

For the record, I don't agree with the take that the Iiconics are bad, and putting the belt on them ruined everything
Ah gotcha

But even then, I don't get why they're directly going after the Iiconics, have they've not heard anything Moxley has said?

miserable

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

tenor.gif

Deleted member 274

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I personally choose to die on the hill that says shitting on the Iiconics for having a dead division or whatever is the same as Vince McMahon coming out to the ring to say that Baron Corbin is the reason Raw was bad in any given period of time.

mattsdl

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
And can't speak for others, but for me getting invested on the actual human beings is a big part of my enjoyment while watching/following wrestling, and any other media really, so it's probably why it has taken me so long to realize how good he is, but yeah, I certainly can't deny his talent.
Yeah, it's the same for me. I think a lot of people that say Ospreay sucks just let his dumbness overshadow everything else.

I think Ospreay is definitely up there as one of the best workers today but I also understand people not liking his style.

Avengers23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's June.

WHERE IS THE ULTRAVIOLENCE?
tumblr_p7b8zfGUcU1u1urgoo1_400.gif

Also, other wrestling this month:

June 6
Chikara Live at FNB Field '19
Impact Wrestling at Melrose Ballroom in NYC

June 7
Chikara Summer Night City
Impact Wrestling at Melrose Ballroom in NYC

June 8
Pro Wrestling EVE She Rules
Revolution Pro Wrestling Contenders
Chikara Live at Frawley Stadium
Impact Wrestling A Night You Can't Mist

June 9
FIP Accelerate 2019
Rock On! Concerts and Beyond Wrestling present wrestling
Impact Wrestling Digital Destruction
Revolution Pro Wrestling Live in Southampton 8

June 14-15
AIW The JT Lightning Invitational Tournament 2019

June 15
AIW The Chandler Biggins Memorial Tag Team Tournament 2019

June 18
Chikara Live at Arm & Hammer Park '19

June 20
GCW Crushed Up

June 22
CZW Tournament of Death 18

June 28
Pro Wrestling EVE She Brawls in Brighton

June 29
Shine 59
Evolve 129
Revolution Pro Wrestling in Manchester

June 30
Evolve 130
Women's Wrestling Revolution Let. Them. Eat. Cake.
RISE Pride & Joy
Pro Wrestling EVE Wrestle Queendom II
PROGRESS Chapter 90: The Lonesome Death of the One-Man Cabaret Act

Violet

Alt account
Banned
Feb 7, 2019
dc
Ratings for BOSJ finals:

Tana/White: ***

Just keep these two apart. They have no chemistry. The ending wasn't too upsetting, but this felt so so by the numbers. Atleast it wasn't a total dud, but didn't feel right for the spot

Juice/Mox: ***1/2 felt a little "different" which is good. Cool punches, blood, the table spots were cool. Love Mox coming through the crowd too. Just fizzled down the stretch though, the finish felt flat. Also some puzzling decisions like Mox going for a weird resthold early in the match?

Shingo/Ospreay: ****1/4. Great crowd! Surprised by how pro-Ospreay they were. Some botches here and there definitely hurt it, and typical Ospreay offense where about 20% of it looks good, but it was built really nicely and great to watch unspoiled.

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
Moxley/Juice was fun

Had kind of a crude feeling to it that made it stand out from the rest of the card

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Only just round to watching the BOSJ main event but oh my fucking God.

Had a very good time.

Stall_19

Oct 27, 2017
It's gonna take me awhile to get use to Moxley wearing wrestling gear. Good match, though I hope he isn't as reliant on hardcore stuff going forward as he was here. He did get a great introduction to the Japanese table. Now just to look forward to the Suzuki match.

Stall_19

Oct 27, 2017
Iiconics are much better on the youtube segments than tv segments. Which I'm assuming are stuff they came up with themselves and not the scripts they were given for the show.

Status
Not open for further replies.