• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Both the UK Takeover and All Out will likely be great shows. Looking forward to that day. Even more if Royal Quest gets livestreamed.

Lazybob

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Both the UK Takeover and All Out will likely be great shows. Looking forward to that day. Even more if Royal Quest gets livestreamed.
Hopefully Royal Quest does. It seems like its being treated like a bigger show then those previous UK ones at least so I'd like to think they will show it live.

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
A+ crowd for ROH tonight:

Adree

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think it's just you. I definitely enjoyed Takeover, but it was a bit lacking in some areas. Dream / Tyler and the Ladder match were great. I'm just a bit tired by now of seeing Shayna as champ, and these Gargano matches with 900 kickouts are losing their luster.

Gargano might be the best wrestler I've ever seen that I don't ever need to see another match of.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
tumblr_odh4vosGx01u1ljrzo1_540.gif

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Gwen Stefani's What You Waiting For is the wrestling theme of 2019

Zedd's Clarity will always be the best theme.

It playing whilst Chig brushed aside all the shit Hotta pulled and acknowledged Maki Natsumi as a fantastic wrestler in her last Marvelous appearance is a low-key fantastic moment in wrestling history. Natsumi's home promotion tried to discard all of her efforts over the years and one of the most important people in Japanese wrestling who simply contracted her for shows stood by her and gave her a memorable farewell.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
UK
I like that song a lot but she uses (used) a weird remix of it I think right? Docks points from it

The TJPW completely original song written for her is one of my favorites though too

I gave my post a little more context. Whilst banging themes always are going to be rated my favourites will be those that have huge contextual significance (see Rika's Love and Revolution debuting after she cut her hair and was going to give it her all vs Miyu on the biggest stage possible)

Brian_FETO

The Million Post Man
Oct 25, 2017
I gave my post a little more context. Whilst banging themes always are going to be rated my favourites will be those that have huge contextual significance (see Rika's Love and Revolution debuting after she cut her hair and was going to give it her all vs Miyu on the biggest stage possible)
I respect it

Kris Wolf's theme was a favorite and hearing it at her last two SHIMMER appearances (especially the New York one) was really heavy stuff

Stall_19

Oct 27, 2017
Man great Takeover. There are gonna be so many sore bodies from the people in the ladder match. Everything in that match looked like it hurt.

Oct 26, 2017
UK
I respect it

Kris Wolf's theme was a favorite and hearing it at her last two SHIMMER appearances (especially the New York one) was really heavy stuff

It helps when theme's slap like Kris'. I'll never forget her Stardom goodbye with Hiromi where she asked people to support all the girls (despite creepy owner) or her EVE farewell. There's just something that really synergised as Maki's theme played and she tried to play off her relationship with Chig with a respectful bow but Chig wanted the hug when Hota was willing to just forget she existed after years of work.

My point being that I'll never forget these moments with Kris and Maki because they're great.

Stall_19

Oct 27, 2017
I also used my VPN that I got for Double or Nothing to watch the Vice Wrestlers Stardom episode. Got a little awkward when talk came to AZM though lol at Rossy stating that Starlight Kid is 10x more popular that AZM. Also they botched Io's name badly LMAO.

Stall_19

Oct 27, 2017
Lol at UK Takeover on the same day as New Japan's event and All Out. NXT UK despite having plenty of talent isn't setting the world on fire. I can't imagine them selling that well at all. It's like competing in a NASCAR race with a Volkswagen.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I know he's talking about AEW here but NJPW's show was announced in February, lol.

Legit think everyone forgot about the NJPW show because almost no one mentioned the head to head at first. Everyone was just talking about AEW. lol

And even the UK Takeover and Royal Quest will only have partial overlap. NJPW starts a few hours earlier.

Stall_19

Oct 27, 2017
Some check on Kyle, he took so many rough bumps in that ladder match. One of the Forgotten Sons nearly murdered his back on one of those spots.

mattsdl

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Legit think everyone forgot about the NJPW show because almost no one mentioned the head to head at first. Everyone was just talking about AEW. lol

And even the UK Takeover and Royal Quest will only have partial overlap. NJPW starts a few hours earlier.
Yeah, I can see that but I think there's a decent chance they don't sell their second ever UK Takeover out because of the date since every travelling fan will be at NJPW.

Oct 25, 2017
VIC, AUSTRALIA
Lol at UK Takeover on the same day as New Japan's event and All Out. NXT UK despite having plenty of talent isn't setting the world on fire. I can't imagine them selling that well at all. It's like competing in a NASCAR race with a Volkswagen.
It'll still sell out. They have to sell out. Worst case scenario they paper the event hardcore but I think it'll sell well.

Deleted member 28474

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I reckon it'll sell out.

People will be yelling at each other about which show was best which will be funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.