• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Waddle Dee

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
California
A bad day for gamers...

Sad Gamer Moment

Is someone at Bamco in cahoots with someone at Shonen Jump / Shueisha?

They have all the licenses and release decent at best , low budget looking games. What's going on? They should do better.

I thought Bamco's financial woes were behind them, but they cheap out way too often.

These games always sell well regardless. They're just meant to be garbage licensed games and Bamco knows this. As long as anime fans continue to buy these in droves, they'll never up the quality.

Quacktion

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Shoulda gave it to ArcSys. Hopefully the next Jump game wont be such a disappointment.

DWarriorSN

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
PA
They shoulda given it to CC2 if the wanted it to stay a arena fighter, atleast then it woulda looked good and had some cool cutscenes.

plufim

Sep 29, 2018
Just imagine: there was someone who was super excited for jump force, crackdown 3 and far cry new dawn. They would have been so hyped for today.

And now.... Whew.

Superman2x7

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
TIL Virtue's Last Reward, 999, 428, Danganronpa and Fire Pro Wrestling aren't good because an Era user vaguely recognises Spike's name from 15+ years ago. The fuck?

I'm sorry I think the developer is trash. Those games you listed are probably great, the games I've played from them are complete garbage and this new jump game has proven to be complete garbage as well.

So out of the games I've played from them, they've all been trash hence why my opinion of them is still TRASH.

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
Sad thing is if it included Cobra and Crystal Bowie I mightve bought it eventually anyhow lol. Love those two.
Crystal Bowie would've broke the game though. Dude's body was ridiculously sturdy but more than that where it was a special crystaline structure it made all energy and light based weapons disperse which would have made all ki users worthless vs him.
tATDzxa.jpg
dr6KuIf.gif

Space Adventure Cobra got a lightgun arcade game, some Sega CD some Mega CD, a PSX title...been awhile though. Miss that dude. He was like a 60s/70s/mix of Lupin 3rd a Princess of Mars and Cowboy Bebop. Pretty certain I heard Devil May Cry's Dante was largely inspired by Cobra, his cocky ways, ridiculous OP cybernetic augmented body and his insanely over powered psycho gun. Dude could fire lasers that curved and sought their targets. Some kind of psychic energy enhancer and he was a natural with both that and a shitload of overpowered cybernetic augmentations for strength and durability. Human tank that never missed that could wipe out insane amounts of shit all while never being without a smirk, a cigar and some new big score as the greatest thief ever.
u5a50Pi.jpg
QkQOPNG.gif

God I miss old school animation.

LiquidSolid

Oct 26, 2017
I'm sorry I think the developer is trash. Those games you listed are probably great, the games I've played from them are complete garbage and this new jump game has proven to be complete garbage as well.

So out of the games I've played from them, they've all been trash hence why my opinion of them is still TRASH.
You'd think after being confronted with a number of critically acclaimed and widely beloved games, you'd back down and acknowledge it's stupid to judge a developer you clearly barely even remember but nope.

Out of the posts I've read from you, they've both been trash hence why my opinion of you is TRASH.

Superman2x7

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
You'd think after being confronted with a number of critically acclaimed and widely beloved games, you'd back down and acknowledge it's stupid to judge a developer you clearly barely even remember but nope.

Out of the posts I've read from you, they've both been trash hence why my opinion of you is TRASH.

You can have whatever opinion of me you want, I still think their games are TRASH. I played 3 of their games and they were garbage. If their other non action games they make are good, then great. But from the games I put my hands on from them, THEY ARE GARBAGE!!!!!!

I dont know why you're so offended at my opinion of them.

If I've gone to a restuarant 3 times and have had poor meals there, regardless of what Bob Smith says about the restaurant and how great the meals are, my opinion is already colored by the 3 meals I had there. You may find their games great, doesnt mean I need to.

Quebaz

Nov 15, 2017

If all of their fighting games are bad, I'm going to think of them as a bad game developer the next time I see that they're making another fighting game.

Deleted member 11421

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just imagine: there was someone who was super excited for jump force, crackdown 3 and far cry new dawn. They would have been so hyped for today.

And now.... Whew.

I wasn't "super" excited, but I'm satisfied with all three of my purchases. I doubt it's possible for anyone to have been seriously hyped for all three if they knew anything about the games.

One's budget priced, one's Bandai Namco, and one was supposed to be out like three years ago lol

Dale Copper

Apr 12, 2018
Is someone at Bamco in cahoots with someone at Shonen Jump / Shueisha?

They have all the licenses and release decent at best , low budget looking games. What's going on? They should do better.

I thought Bamco's financial woes were behind them, but they cheap out way too often.
Namco is just cheap.

At least One Piece game looks good/decent.

Thrill_house

Oct 27, 2017
This game should have been a no brainer hit. After seeing videos I kind of figured it was going to be sub par. Jesus how did they fuck this up?

PopsMaellard

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
How is this pulling 6's? Having played a bit, the gameplay in no way overrides how notably atrocious the presentation is.

Tambini

Oct 25, 2017
How is this pulling 6's? Having played a bit, the gameplay in no way overrides how notably atrocious the presentation is.

7-10 review scale. Just look at a review like IGN. They say everything about it is awful, the graphics, presentation, campaign progression, story, AI. the only slight "positive" is the fighting is flashy and shallow fun - for a few hours. 6.3/10.
Basically 3 stars out of 5.

Now that reads more like a 3/10 to me

feroca

Banned
May 12, 2018
My only complaint boils down to one thing: it takes time to get there.

You start the game and you are thrown into the story mode, after multiple relatively long loading screens, create a character, train, more loading screens, then an obtuse lobby, then you have to pick a group, while still seeing loading screens...so that in the center of the lobby, you can pick offline battles and play against CPU.

That aside, it looks and plays as expected. More of a fan of fighting games, rather than the franchises though (know of them, but only watched casually a few episodes of Dragonball).

Daingurse

Oct 25, 2017
Now I don't feel bad that Toriko didn't make it into this mess lol. I'll wait for this to be dirt cheap, before I pick it up.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Sad thing is if it included Cobra and Crystal Bowie I mightve bought it eventually anyhow lol. Love those two.
Crystal Bowie would've broke the game though. Dude's body was ridiculously sturdy but more than that where it was a special crystaline structure it made all energy and light based weapons disperse which would have made all ki users worthless vs him.
tATDzxa.jpg
dr6KuIf.gif

Space Adventure Cobra got a lightgun arcade game, some Sega CD some Mega CD, a PSX title...been awhile though. Miss that dude. He was like a 60s/70s/mix of Lupin 3rd a Princess of Mars and Cowboy Bebop. Pretty certain I heard Devil May Cry's Dante was largely inspired by Cobra, his cocky ways, ridiculous OP cybernetic augmented body and his insanely over powered psycho gun. Dude could fire lasers that curved and sought their targets. Some kind of psychic energy enhancer and he was a natural with both that and a shitload of overpowered cybernetic augmentations for strength and durability. Human tank that never missed that could wipe out insane amounts of shit all while never being without a smirk, a cigar and some new big score as the greatest thief ever.
u5a50Pi.jpg
QkQOPNG.gif

God I miss old school animation.

I'd buy Jump Force if it had Parrot Grass.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
I watched some of the cutscenes, the game reminds me of Marvel Ultimate Alliance where everyone looks like an action figure and they emote/animate like one as well. Really bad presentation imo

-JD-

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
They really messed up with the DBZ characters. I'm watching footage of this and most of the rest of the Jump cast actually don't look bad. They're kinda stiff and robotic, but that has more to do with the low-quality animation than the models.

Also, in the dialogue scenes, I really get a kick out of the fact that they're all just standing in a circle the whole time, every time. lol.

AlecKoKuTan

Oct 29, 2017
Irvine, CA
The gameplay is surprisingly very fun. Way better than J-Stars, Burning Blood, and Ninja Storm. Still, this whole thing brings me back to Marvel vs Capcom Infinite.

Oct 28, 2017
So as someone who isnt turned off by the visuals, does everyone just seem to hate everything about this game? Not fully understanding the negativity. The idea of playing a new fighting game with such an interesting cast seems to outweigh poor presentation, unless the game just has no game play depth or isn't fun.

Sebalt

Oct 28, 2017
So as someone who isnt turned off by the visuals, does everyone just seem to hate everything about this game? Not fully understanding the negativity. The idea of playing a new fighting game with such an interesting cast seems to outweigh poor presentation, unless the game just has no game play depth or isn't fun.

The more I play, the more I like it BUT there are still major problems. The gameplay is fun yeah but the awful loadings, poor presentation, laggy hub, boring missions and bad story are really disappointing. Even if you just want to fight offline or online, it's tedious. They really need to fix the loadings and the motion blur, at least.

Last edited:
OP
OP
ElBoxy

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017
The framerate, at least on my One X, is pretty bad and the blur is way too intense. And I'm usually not bothered by blur in most games. Jotaro, Dio, Ryo, and Kenshiro are best looking characters in this art style. Your OC looks better than most of the other characters, which is funny and a little sad. Load times are really long. It takes around 30 seconds just to get into a fight and a rematch. There's some trashy fun to be had but it needs a lot of patches.
Namco is just cheap.

At least One Piece game looks good/decent.
Famous last words.

Then again I thought Burning Blood was ok if you just want to play a mindless One Piece fighter. It's retelling of the Paramount War was also pretty cool.

Last edited:

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Seems like what I expected, a game I'll have some mindless fun with irl friends in short bursts like J stars victory vs, but not a serious game to play for hours like smash.

Deleted member 11421

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

The story is dull and the cutscenes are very outdated, but they aren't all as bad as the couple that went viral.

The load times are obnoxiously long and you can't skip cutscenes. They've promised to patch both.

The art style doesn't do most characters justice, though the weirdest looking ones are the most popular (Dragon Ball) so of course there's plenty of hate.

The gameplay is actually one of the best "arena fighters" I've played, and I've probably played 50+ by now. The Xenoverse games and J-Stars may have looked better, but they played far worse to me.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
No, a lot of the hate is from people who haven't played the game or never planned to purchase it in the first place. There are patches coming very soon to fix a lot of the issues, but there's no defending a lot of the problems it had at launch. Loading times and cheap looking cutscenes are completely valid complaints.

But if you read comments here you'd think the entire game is a mess when its not. The core gameplay is very solid (one of the deepest arena fighters) and the roster is decent even before the dlc. Story mode isn't anything special, but I wouldn't call it bad. If you're not super into most of the series I'm not sure if I'd recommend purchasing it at full price, but if you like the cast and are looking for a fun arena fighter this definitely offers.

feroca

Banned
May 12, 2018
Yep.
For the, they only need to reduce loading times (and/or make it less frequent). And add a quick menu of sorts at the main menu were you can choose to play offline vs. CPU and versus P2.

Right now it takes a few minutes from booting the game and make it to the lobby just to choose to play against CPU.

It is a really fun game and is a blast to play. Character customization is cool too.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Yep.
For the, they only need to reduce loading times (and/or make it less frequent). And add a quick menu of sorts at the main menu were you can choose to play offline vs. CPU and versus P2.

Right now it takes a few minutes from booting the game and make it to the lobby just to choose to play against CPU.

It is a really fun game and is a blast to play. Character customization is cool too.
If it makes it easier, hold triangle and you pop up what is essentially a basic mode selection menu. You still have to wait for it to load and teleport you, but it makes changing between modes pretty seamless.

Oct 25, 2017
Ah yes, the classic Era 6/7 out of 10 = trash fire, an 8 is "disappointing". I honestly don't think the artstyle looks bad, they intended to go for a J-Stars in a real-world setting from the get-go. Don't know why everyone wishes it was toon-shaded like every other shonen fighter out there.

I'm no fighting game nut, and Fighter-Z lost my attention pretty quick. But it looks about as solid as Boruto Shinobi Strikers which I had a good time with. I generally tend to enjoy 3D arena fighters more than 2D, I've started to notice. Think I'll pick this up once I wrap up with KH3.