• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ramoisdead

Oct 25, 2017

While the changes weren't dramatically so in the past 7 days, you can't deny that it's been very noticeable. Wouldn't be surprised if it is indeed written to make a statement. I'm still not gonna watch it but the post show podcasts and ppl uploading highlights on Twitter should be very interesting, if indeed it's reviewed positively or still the same ol' shit as the old regime.

Indelible

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I'am hoping Triple H can turn around the WWE but it would take at least 6 months of solid programming for me to even contemplate watching WWE again.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Monty Brown was robbed by Jarrett. I never forgave him for that. He used to be one of my favorite's in WWE/WCW before that though.

View: https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp/status/1554159828569690112?s=20&t=KkgBWf4ug95cbqDp2ZOebg

Let's see how real this ends up being.

Tony Khan made his last week. Let's see how Triple H follows up.

Is Sasha or Gargano showing up? Is it gonna be Boss time?

P.S. Still not tuning in due to Dunn and Crown Jewel shows.

For those who do watch, please let us know if the production still looks like a Nickelodeon show threw up and decided to do a camera cut every 3 seconds.

Last edited:

Stooge

Oct 29, 2017
I think HHH can turn around WWE pretty easily. There is a lot of talent there. A lot a lot.

My question is if it makes ratings improve and how long HHH is going to be left in charge.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
"Statement show"

Aka

Booker is competent, has access to a team of writers, millions and millions of dollars, world class talent and had a week to write the show without it being ripped up 2 hours before going live

GalaxyDive

Oct 25, 2017
"Statement show"

Aka

Booker is competent, has access to a team of writers, millions and millions of dollars, world class talent and had a week to write the show without it being ripped up 2 hours before going live
Lmao, pretty much. At this point a statement Raw is just being competent and actually showcasing the talent.

ramoisdead

Oct 25, 2017
I think HHH can turn around WWE pretty easily. There is a lot of talent there. A lot a lot.

My question is if it makes ratings improve and how long HHH is going to be left in charge.

The quick fixes Triple H needs to seek for are:

1) rebuilding the women's division. The men's division is gonna take a long time to get repaired to the point he may have to debut people and/or sign back people who have left. In the meantime, WWE has more women's stars than men and the division has the benefit by having so little exposure thanks to Vince's "no more than 3 minutes" women's matches.

2) less rematches. Number 1 complaint is every show has a rematch…with the majority of time, no stakes.

3) actual finishes. Even under Triple H's NXT, it also suffered from having DQs and countouts be the deciding factor to a match. It's okay to have ppl lose as long as you tell that story in the ring, whether squash, competitive or otherwise. It's okay to have a DQ now and then but it should be like AEW: very rare if none at all or you know…don't book the match.

Last edited:
Oct 8, 2019
The less rematches thing will be fixed by having a booker that will remember the matches he already booked.

How many times do you think that Vince booked Brock vs Roman and thought it was their first match.

Knight613

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
Raw will probably be fine. But it'll never be consistently good or great because 3 hours is just too long.

Smackdown is what will have the most obvious improvements.

Stooge

Oct 29, 2017
I think the 3 hours of Raw could largely be fixed by making the first hour young lions type stuff. Just make it clear you "don't have to tune in" until 8 unless you want to see younger stars. Have NXT matches or whatever the fuck happened to that weird Friday/Saturday show that 2.0 used to be on.

Like, its not ideal but its better than the current "watch 60 minutes of recaps from last week"

Killing off the 3rd hour is probably long-term "better" but I assume it loses them money.

IMCaprica

Aug 1, 2019
Unless they're ending their Saudi deal and cutting Raw to 2 hours nothing they do will be a "statement".

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017

Nick Khan and USA by changing the show back to 2 hours? (Never gonna happen.)

But also...

View: https://twitter.com/WrestlePurists/status/1554186685927358464?s=20&t=vabIOh35EPwVzupVEtneGQ

And Vince hates money.

View: https://twitter.com/WrestlePurists/status/1554172589479809026?s=20&t=vabIOh35EPwVzupVEtneGQ

I respect the boldness of Triple H coming in and just saying "fuuuuuuuuuuuuuck all of this garbage" out of the gate, though.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
Sasha and Naomi returning to Raw like
5YcqVAj.gif

With a live apology from michael cole, before a worked SHOOT for all the OOOOOHHHHS
And then actual women tag teams rock up, they fish the titles out of the trash can, and maybe finally see if they can book these things.

Raw will probably be fine. But it'll never be consistently good or great because 3 hours is just too long.

Smackdown is what will have the most obvious improvements.
This is a key point.

Much like how even in the last few years, when WWE main roster was watchable, it was always almost smackdown, like during the Ambrose/Styles title reigns, talking smack and some other bits that might've happened briefly post the unhindered Jinder experience.

ramoisdead

Oct 25, 2017
Makes sense, also considering that the Raw women's division wouldn't have also recieved two additional heels with Io and Dakota.

I would move Sasha and Naomi over to Smackdown, where it's needed. Raw has plenty of women's talent now with the addition of Bayley and company. Have a heel Ronda and Shayna go on a power trip and then introduce Sasha and Naomi.

Unless of course, Triple H is doing away with the brand splits.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Sasha and Naomi returning to Raw like
5YcqVAj.gif

With a live apology from michael cole, before a worked SHOOT for all the OOOOOHHHHS
And then actual women tag teams rock up, they fish the titles out of the trash can, and maybe finally see if they can book these things.

This is a key point.

Much like how even in the last few years, when WWE main roster was watchable, it was always almost smackdown, like during the Ambrose/Styles title reigns, talking smack and some other bits that might've happened briefly post the unhindered Jinder experience.

Even when the WWE was "good" in 2012/2013 or whenever they were doing the Shield and Wyatt stuff, 3 hours was just too damn long.

LonestarZues

Oct 27, 2017
I would move Sasha and Naomi over to Smackdown, where it's needed. Raw has plenty of women's talent now with the addition of Bayley and company. Have a heel Ronda and Shayna go on a power trip and then introduce Sasha and Naomi.

Yes totally agree. Raw is stacked on the women's side right now. SmackDown could definitely use the help.

LonestarZues

Oct 27, 2017
Well for starters, Sasha and Naomi's roster pics and pages are back on the WWE official site. You know this isn't just a glitch it was brought back after a month of them being nonexistent there.

Is their merch up? I'm pretty sure the roster on the website has always had Sasha and Naomi on there. It's their merch that was removed and they were removed internally, but not on the website.

GalaxyDive

Oct 25, 2017

Yeah, Sasha and Naomi would make a lot more sense on Smackdown now since the Raw roster is stacked with Bianca, Becky, Bayley, Io, and Dakota. Plus Rhea once she's healthy (and I guess Nicki if she's ever de-geeked?)

The brand split in general does need to be addressed. Particularly how the top titles where your roster is the largest (men's division) are unified but not the smaller women's division.

I see the women's tag titles being brought back out to travel between Raw and Smackdown. The original idea including NXT is pointless now since it's full developmental now instead of a super indy.

Chumunga64

Jun 22, 2018
a noted insider on the wrestling subreddit also believes Sasha is coming back and where there's smoke there's fire

I assume if Vince didn't step down than they wouldn't have come back and maybe might have gone to AEW in time

looks like AEW won't need to find a way to squeeze in those two in 3 minutes of women's wrestling a week

DarkstarIV

Feb 21, 2018
a noted insider on the wrestling subreddit also believes Sasha is coming back and where there's smoke there's fire

I assume if Vince didn't step down than they wouldn't have come back and maybe might have gone to AEW in time

looks like AEW won't need to find a way to squeeze in those two in 3 minutes of women's wrestling a week
I mean they still wouldn't find a way. Sasha would maybe one or two matches that went more than a few minutes and then be shuffled off to Rampage or Dark. I think people need to realize that Tony does not give a shit about women's wrestling at this point, and it's very likely the only reason they have a women's division is because every other major company in America has one.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
Instead of a team of writers being forced to "write for vince"

they can just

write the best stories possible

Oct 27, 2017
After 11pm on a Wednesday night. I can't blame anyone for leaving especially when it's for something that's been as badly booked as anything in the women's division. Give the people a reason to care and they probably would've sat through it.

How many hours were those people already sitting through wrestling? They do Dark Elevation before Dynamite right? So 3 hours of wrestling before they even start taping Rampage which could take another hour and some change to finish up.