• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Knight613

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
I know people shit on Luger as a wrestler but he was perfectly decent, sometimes even good in WCW.

I don't know how none of that translated in his WWF run.

Oct 8, 2019
I know people shit on Luger as a wrestler but he was perfectly decent, sometimes even good in WCW.

I don't know how none of that translated in his WWF run.

Initials VKM

Vince booked Lex Luger as a super hero built to defeat Yokozuna at Summerslam, he was massively over, he drew a massive crowd who paid to see Lex Luger win the match, and then he got a count out victory that made him look like such a geek celebrating a meaningless victory.

You put in the effort, you brought in a main event level talent, the gimmick is over, the wrestler is over, the storyline was perfect, just put the belt on him. Vince Mcmahon pissed away an entire summer of storylines including an event built around Luger body slamming Yokozuna on an aircraft carrier.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Po-zaYF7F5Y

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dI1dzx3kZV4

Knight613

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
Initials VKM

Vince booked Lex Luger as a super hero built to defeat Yokozuna at Summerslam, he was massively over, he drew a massive crowd who paid to see Lex Luger win the match, and then he got a count out victory that made him look like such a geek celebrating a meaningless victory.

You put in the effort, you brought in a main event level talent, the gimmick is over, the wrestler is over, the storyline was perfect, just put the belt on him. Vince Mcmahon pissed away an entire summer of storylines including an event built around Luger body slamming Yokozuna on an aircraft carrier.

That was when Vince was still considered a genius.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
When you're done with that there's an entire other barrel labelled NXT 2.0 that needs sorting.

I think you have to transition NXT to legit developmental at this point, as opposed to a secret super indie

because now the main roster gets to be a super indie :)

I have to imagine nxt 2.0 is out the fucking window now that HHH is back in charge. Let someone else book the show, give it a completely different feel.

DarkstarIV

Feb 21, 2018
Next week's NXT UK might be worth checking out. Or at least I will. Meiko Satomura vs Sarray for the NXT UK Women's Championship is next week and that is gonna be real good.

Oct 8, 2019

I assume this just means she's doing drills

You can train people from scratch but you need to have significant one on one time, and WWE fired a ton of coaches, just when they went with the train people from scratch so they learn "WWE Style".

Which is a meaningless term because your style of pro wrestling should be built around the individual strength of the wrestlers.

DarkstarIV

Feb 21, 2018
I assume this just means she's doing drills

You can train people from scratch but you need to have significant one on one time, and WWE fired a ton of coaches, just when they went with the train people from scratch so they learn "WWE Style".

Which is a meaningless term because your style of pro wrestling should be built around the individual strength of the wrestlers.
I mean she shouldn't even be doing drills. She doesn't even have the very basics down at all herself.

Keiriks

Omicron Persei 8 Logic
Aug 19, 2021
Reykjavík, Iceland
I'm sure there's way too much housekeeping for NXT to suddenly become good again but they seriously just need to scrap everything about 2.0 because it truly embodies the worst of WWE corporate. I'm at least gonna assume they'll no longer be firing women the instant they turn 30.

DarkstarIV

Feb 21, 2018
I'm sure there's way too much housekeeping for NXT to suddenly become good again but they seriously just need to scrap everything about 2.0 because it truly embodies the worst of WWE corporate. I'm at least gonna assume they'll no longer be firing women the instant they turn 30.
I mean they are desperate to keep Io around and she's 32. Although her situation is a bit more complex in that she apparently isn't signing a new contract unless its for the main roster. I don't think she has any desire to coach a bunch of women who are borderline unteachable, like Lash or Nikkita.

Also they just need to do some stuff like getting the title off of Mandy, because she has go away levels of heat, Toxic Attraction has been an abject failure as a group, and she's going over women who have way higher ceilings than her on a regular basis.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Cross-posting from the AEW thread.

View: https://twitter.com/Fightful/status/1552687966836797441?s=20&t=wxnOsccgZmJSEDGlGYDtSw

"For a while there, it was hands off and I could write the SmackDown I wanted to write, with help, of course. Then, it got back to the old corporate ways. I would love to go back to NXT. I don't think I want to go to the main roster. I would love to go somewhere where I have something to offer. What I have to offer is making the television show sweet. I got a couple of ideas about wrestling. I feel like WWE has that. They have everything I have to offer. I don't know if they'd hire me back. Of course, I'd love to go back to NXT. It's really cool down there. Shawn (Michaels) and a couple of writers I worked with on SmackDown, got a great rapport with those guys. I don't know if I'm ready to do the ol' Windsor nod and fit back into the suits I bought."

"I'm not retired, I'm unemployed. I see things on Tony Khan's TV show that appall me. I could help with that. I have been begging him for a job on every platform I can and I want to know the reason why he won't hire me."

OP
OP
asmith906

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017
I actually don't mind the concept of 2.0. Pushing tons of young talent is something I wish more wrestling shows would do. This is why the main roster got so stale because people stopped getting moved up to the main roster. It used to feel like a big deal when someone got called up from NXT. Even with Mandy as champion they've done a far better job showcasing the female talent. The main roster is a complete joke next to NXT (well any other wrestling show.) I could do without the over sexualization and juvenile humor though.

HOLY SHIT

View: https://twitter.com/cozysuperkick/status/1552795480777576448

oddjobs

Oct 27, 2017
I actually don't mind the concept of 2.0. Pushing tons of young talent is something I wish more wrestling shows would do. This is why the main roster got so stale because people stopped getting moved up to the main roster.

Yea. Regardless of what the output has actually been in the past year or so, I think they made the right move within the context of being under Vince to focus on finding potential talent from elsewhere than competing with AEW for indy talent that would in the sheer majority of cases inevitably fail (though not their own fault) when they hit the main roster. That said, the actual execution of said idea has been pretty much dogshit as the focus is IMO not on the things.

Indeed. Damn I wish Nakajima wasn't wasting his talent in NOAH.

LonestarZues

Oct 27, 2017
Ace Austin shouldn't be jobbing to Eddie Edwards at this point in both of their careers. Let's see where this Bullet Club-Honor No More stuff leads, but I'm not happy at that result. Emergence looks great at least.

Stooge

Oct 29, 2017
Initials VKM

I was a fucking luger mark that summer. I was 7 and I wanted him to win so fucking bad

OP
OP
asmith906

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017
Impact Wrestling casually dropping a Johnny Gargano clip on their show talking about Alex Shelley's title match

View: https://twitter.com/RoyaltyCanadian/status/1552822509841436672

2ooc9a.jpg

LonestarZues

Oct 27, 2017
Impact Wrestling casually dropping a Johnny Gargano clip on their show talking about Alex Shelley's title match

2ooc9a.jpg

Josh is my favorite wrestler from Impact, but I want Shelley to win the belt. Even if he just loses it right back at the following event or Bound for Glory if they want to give him a couple of months as champion.

OP
OP
asmith906

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017
Josh is my favorite wrestler from Impact, but I want Shelley to win the belt. Even if he just loses it right back at the following event or Bound for Glory if they want to give him a couple of months as champion.
I really need Shelley to win. It's actually shocking this is his first world title defense.
The people Impact has had but refused to push to the top has been the most baffling thing about their entire existence.

Killer Kelly is so badass

View: https://twitter.com/Kelly_WP/status/1552820653736206337

LonestarZues

Oct 27, 2017
I really need Shelley to win. It's actually shocking this is his first world title defense.
The people Impact has had but refused to push to the top has been the most baffling thing about their entire existence.

Killer Kelly is so badass

View: https://twitter.com/Kelly_WP/status/1552820653736206337

As much as I've enjoyed TNA/Impact on and off for the last 20 years you're not wrong.

Looks like they're setting up Killer Kelly vs Tasha Steelz. Should be a good match.

OP
OP
asmith906

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017
As much as I've enjoyed TNA/Impact on and off for the last 20 years you're not wrong.

Looks like they're setting up Killer Kelly vs Tasha Steelz. Should be a good match.
That should be a good feud

Looks like they are getting ready to disband Honor No More. With Ring of Honor coming back it makes sense. I think they are far more valuable not as a group.

LonestarZues

Oct 27, 2017
That should be a good feud

Looks like they are getting ready to disband Honor No More. With Ring of Honor coming back it makes sense. I think they are far more valuable not as a group.

I thought they were going to be the ones to get the belts off of the Good Brothers. I wonder if they signed an extension. I hope not 😆