• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Jamie OD

Oct 27, 2017
Summerslam was looking dire to begin with. Removing Seth Vs Riddle with no replacement would have made it way worse.

Keiriks

Omicron Persei 8 Logic
Aug 19, 2021
Reykjavík, Iceland
Seth vs Kenny Omega THE MOST FORBIDDENEST DOOR HAS OPENED

yeah I have no hopes for anything interesting happening at SummerSlam. It's gonna be a minute before the Golden Trip Era can begin in earnest.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
The only unpredictable thing for summerslam is Theory cashing in

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
The only unpredictable thing for summerslam is Theory cashing in
which in essence removes the feeling of unpredictability, especially with the main event involving two part timers so it seems even more viable

Gosh, Theory would be such a lame duck champ right now honestly, not nearly enough build, not strong enough charisma to carry him, he's not even 2016 juicy Jinder level, it'd be like Swagger 2.0

OfficerRob

Oct 25, 2017
so Jurassic Express is already back together killing the Christian/Luchasaurus thing, and Hook beat Ricky Starks for the FTW title, but it had nothing to do with Danhausen, it was just a "ill take on one more challenger" thing, so Hookhausen also seems to be done, and Hobbs turned on Starks too so no more tag team?

that is a whole lot of weird booking decisions that would be looked upon poorly in a certain other company >_>
There was nothing weird about any of it:

Luchasaurus: All signs point to him still being a heel, that will be paid off later. He's still all in black, he came out after Jungle Boy came through the tunnel, Luchasaurus doing the Kane head tilt and nothing more during Jungle Boy's promo, Luchasaurus not attacking or chasing after Christian last week, Christian not trashing Luchasaurus in his promo, etc. This is going to be releved as part of Christian's plan when Luchasaurus attacks Jungle Boy. They want to build to the moment when Luchasaurus actually attacks Jungle Boy, which is a good thing

Hook/Danhausen: They have been building to "Hook going for a title", and Danhausen isn't a legit threat at this point. There was nothing at all about Hook and Danhausen having any sort of issue. It was also an extremely rare out of the blue ( not an annonced match) title change for AEW, which are great if you don't do it all the time

Hobbs/Starks: Starks going through with the second match and the fist bump after were hints of his turn before the actual promo, which is well done. Both men have really elevated themselves since Team Taz started, and now they are going to try and elevate them further by going against each other. Unless you are putting the tag belts on them, this team has gone as far as it can.

DarkstarIV

Feb 21, 2018
which in essence removes the feeling of unpredictability, especially with the main event involving two part timers so it seems even more viable

Gosh, Theory would be such a lame duck champ right now honestly, not nearly enough build, not strong enough charisma to carry him, he's not even 2016 juicy Jinder level, it'd be like Swagger 2.0
I don't think Theory is going to be successful with his cash in. It feels like Vince was higher on him than anyone else in creative was. Which is why he was made to look like a complete loser idiot last Friday, because Vince was gone. I think the fact that his ceiling in NXT was basically being Gargano's pin eater pretty much shows what Triple H thinks of him.

Also doesn't help that his current character sucks and he was way better as the dumbass heel. And on the off chance Theory does win, odds are pretty damn good he loses the title by Clash at the latest.

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
Happy to finally see the trios belt, even though I fear Omega and the Bucks will be the first champs.

Babyface Starks should be fun, hope the man will be featured in the main event scene when the stuff with Hobbs is over.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
The good thing about AEW's tag division is how much depth it has, the bad if you can call it that is that certain teams just inevitably get lost in the shuffle of quality.
As such I think Hobbs and Starks had basically reached a logical end point and going on further would be running on fumes as they'd inevitably be used to put over more prioritised teams.
I think the team worked out for them overall, I want to say from my fairweather viewing that it raised both guys stock, I'd be interested to see Hobbs and his sick spinebuster in the singles competitor world now.

I don't think Theory is going to be successful with his cash in. It feels like Vince was higher on him than anyone else in creative was. Which is why he was made to look like a complete loser idiot last Friday, because Vince was gone. I think the fact that his ceiling in NXT was basically being Gargano's pin eater pretty much shows what Triple H thinks of him.

Also doesn't help that his current character sucks and he was way better as the dumbass heel. And on the off chance Theory does win, odds are pretty damn good he loses the title by Clash at the latest.
Possibly, in some ways I do feel like just having him fail a cash in would be giving up too soon, but if they did have any prior plans for a title run in the near future, then the new creative team should absolutely nip that in the bud and take the time to actually elevate him first (or see if they can at least).
For as much as I don't give a toss about Theory, they probably shouldn't immediately throw out his current booking quite yet, they also shouldn't kickstart the "new era" with him either

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
so Jurassic Express is already back together killing the Christian/Luchasaurus thing, and Hook beat Ricky Starks for the FTW title, but it had nothing to do with Danhausen, it was just a "ill take on one more challenger" thing, so Hookhausen also seems to be done, and Hobbs turned on Starks too so no more tag team?

that is a whole lot of weird booking decisions that would be looked upon poorly in a certain other company >_>

I agree, there has been a lot of nonsensical moments lately. But, at the very least, it's not a boring mess so it gets a pass lol

But yeah, I think it's better to give it time, because it seems that these stories might end up in a different, more logical, spot.

DarkstarIV

Feb 21, 2018
Theory is done
Omos is done
Corbin is done

Cody is done
I kinda doubt Cody is done considering how much they've invested into him, along with him winning stuff like ESPYs. But I do think everyone else you listed is pretty much toast. I would like to add that the women's division is likely going to be shaken up as well.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
Did anyone buy the Luchasaurus heel turn? that's the one thing where I had no idea what they were driving at, unless this is the precursor to another actual turn, which would then be needlessly convoluted

LonestarZues

Oct 27, 2017
I'm also on team Luchasaurus and Christian are playing Jungle Boy. Don't think it'll happen until their match at All Out though.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think he's turned back babyface, and heel Luchasaurus is a billion times more interesting

Lucha is absolutely going to murder Jungle Boy at some point in the near future.
Fair, I can see it happen down the line soon, I just think the way they've gone about it is odd, with the rather unexplained soft heel turn, into "wait, he's actually still a face" only to then seemingly go for a double swerve at the upcoming blowoff match for JB v Christian.

Sometimes the simpler booking is the solution and that there'd be more weight for Luchasaurus' assumed full turn if they held fire in the first place, but that's just me
It's different I guess?

OP
OP
asmith906

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017
Fair, I can see it happen down the line soon, I just think the way they've gone about it is odd, with the rather unexplained soft heel turn, into "wait, he's actually still a face" only to then seemingly go for a double swerve at the upcoming blowoff match for JB v Christian.

Sometimes the simpler booking is the solution and that there'd be more weight for Luchasaurus' assumed full turn if they held fire in the first place, but that's just me
It's different I guess?
I wish they wouldn't have had him join Christian so fast. Let him pretend to be on Jungleboy's side until you get the Christian match when he makes his full turn.

UrbanDandy

Oct 25, 2017
LOL

Later in the interview, Dogg stated, "I'm not retired, I'm unemployed. I see things on Tony Khan's TV show that appall me. I could help with that. I have been begging him for a job on every platform I can and I want to know the reason why he won't hire me."

Gee, I wonder why they won't hire you. It's such a mystery.

View: https://twitter.com/Fightful/status/1552687966836797441

Is he playing both sides? I wouldn't go to any employer and say: "There are things with your company that appall me. I could help with that."

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
I kinda doubt Cody is done considering how much they've invested into him, along with him winning stuff like ESPYs. But I do think everyone else you listed is pretty much toast. I would like to add that the women's division is likely going to be shaken up as well.

Vince is the guy with a fetish for people leaving his company, shitting on him while elsewhere, then having them come crawling back

The whole breaking of the throne thing seems like something HHH would take personally, but we'll have to see.

This is still HHH we're talking about here, king of the burial.

Also, consider 15 NXT darlings that HHH loves and Vince had exactly zero use for, all of which were leapfrogged immediately on the card by Cody. Is HHH more likely to push Cody, or a Balor, or a Ciampa, or an Owens, or a Zayn...

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
Cody Rhodes is a draw for WWE. No matter how much HHH might personally have a bone to pick with him, it would be pretty dumb from a wrestling business standpoint to purposely cool off Cody. I really don't see that happening at all. Cody/HHH will probably just mend things and it'll be fine.

Other people like Omos though, they are about to disappear.

And hopefully some of the more insanely awful gimmick changes get undone (Doudrop, Nikki A.S.H, The New and Vicious Viking Experience Electric Buggaloo)

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
And hopefully some of the more insanely awful gimmick changes get undone (Doudrop, Nikki A.S.H, The New and Vicious Viking Experience Electric Buggaloo)

*looks at list*

tozawa the ninja
chad gable the guy with a degree
damian priest, the man who swaps forms between PRIEST and DAMIAN mid match
ezekiel, fake brother of a fake wrestler
kevin owens, permanent comedy mid card character
logan paul, babyface
rey mysterio, geek
matt riddle, stoner circa 2001
t-bar, what the fuck

alexa bliss, the fiend
becky lynch, heel
doudrop, what the fuck
nikki ash, what the fuck

butch, the literal human-dog
gunther, the racist stereotype
happy corbin, what the fuck
madcap moss, what the fuck
rick boogs, guitarist
shinsuke nakamura, dancing accessory to the guitarist
shanky, the dancer

lacey evans, what the fuck
raquel rodriguez, smiles
shayna baszler, the vampire

did i miss anyone

OfficerRob

Oct 25, 2017
*looks at list*

tozawa the ninja
logan paul, babyface
rey mysterio, geek
t-bar, what the fuck

alexa bliss, the fiend
becky lynch, heel
doudrop, what the fuck
nikki ash, what the fuck

rick boogs, guitarist
shanky, the dancer

raquel rodriguez, smiles

did i miss anyone
Dominik Mysterio, wrestler

Dr.Social

Oct 25, 2017
*looks at list*

tozawa the ninja
logan paul, babyface
rey mysterio, geek
t-bar, what the fuck

alexa bliss, the fiend
becky lynch, heel
doudrop, what the fuck
nikki ash, what the fuck

rick boogs, guitarist
shanky, the dancer

raquel rodriguez, smiles

did i miss anyone

Seth Rollins, fake Joker Sting

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
*looks at list*

tozawa the ninja
logan paul, babyface
rey mysterio, geek
t-bar, what the fuck

alexa bliss, the fiend
becky lynch, heel
doudrop, what the fuck
nikki ash, what the fuck

rick boogs, guitarist
shanky, the dancer

raquel rodriguez, smiles

did i miss anyone
Roman Reigns, a dude

Egg0

Oct 25, 2017
*looks at list*

tozawa the ninja
logan paul, babyface
rey mysterio, geek
t-bar, what the fuck

alexa bliss, the fiend
becky lynch, heel
doudrop, what the fuck
nikki ash, what the fuck

rick boogs, guitarist
shanky, the dancer

raquel rodriguez, smiles

did i miss anyone
Ricochet, happy to be there

OP
OP
asmith906

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017
Main Event (the show) Cedric Alexander

Screenshot-2022-01-31-at-08-38-49-ce9d70b8af1ad406-600x338-jpg-JPEG-Image-600-%C3%97-338-pixels.png

Keiriks

Omicron Persei 8 Logic
Aug 19, 2021
Reykjavík, Iceland
alexa bliss, the fiend
Fiend Alexa already ended, they just aren't replacing it with anything. She holds the doll because... that's what she does now. She's a doll holder. She's kinda mean but more like a slightly mischievous but still well meaning older sister kind of way. She implies that the other women could be doing more to be better wrestlers and she holds the doll. But she doesn't just hold the doll, she holds the doll as if she's displaying a piece of merchandise you too can own by going to shop dot wwe dot com, because that's literally what she's doing. Her character right now is I Am Here To Hold The Doll And Be Kind Of Edgy But Not In Like A Threatening Way. This is an absolute travesty and she is being WASTED

this message brought to you by alexafan666

PCfromNYC

Oct 25, 2017
*looks at list*

tozawa the ninja
logan paul, babyface
rey mysterio, geek