• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP
asmith906

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017
One AEW wrestler in Multiversus: Who should it be?
maxresdefault-13-1024x576.jpg

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
There's a bunch of things Jim Cornette is wrong about like Japanese Joshi Wrestling, but his utter hatred of Kevin Dunn is not one of them. Dunn hates wrestling, Dunn despite having no interest in wrestling can ruin wrestlers careers by stating dumb shit like "I dont like their accents" or "She needs some boobies"

The problem is that what was the follow up to the pipe bomb? Turn MJF into a babyface who fights off a bunch of ex-WWE sent by Tony Khan? The reason why you could even followup the pipe bomb in WWE was because Vince already made himself a villain following people shitting on him for the Bret Screwed Bret thing.

Tony Khan doesnt want himself to be a character, he doesnt want the EVP to be characters, he certainly doesnt want the storyline to be "Tony Khan is a mark for ex-WWE guys now watch MJF beat them down"

Keeping him as a heel that wants the cake all for himself trying to beat down fan favorites that people are happy to see in AEW after being mistreated in WWE is also an option. Or you can have him as a tweener depending on who he's facing

ramoisdead

Oct 25, 2017

I think that beef was squashed already or else I don't believe Seth would've interacted with him at all up to this point.

It's just so hilarious that one of the few matches on that abysmal card that had people excited to check out isn't going to happen after all. Ric Flair's Last Match event now has an even more stronger card than a stadium show.

LonestarZues

Oct 27, 2017
I think that beef was squashed already or else I don't believe Seth would've interacted with him at all up to this point.

It's just so hilarious that one of the few matches on that abysmal card that had people excited to check out isn't going to happen after all. Ric Flair's Last Match event now has an even more stronger card than a stadium show.

Yeah that one and even though they've wrestled numerous times already Bianca and Becky were the 2 i wanted to see.

Phoenixazure

Oct 27, 2017
TK: the likely hood of people leaving my company for the competition is the same as the competition not taking Saudi blood money, tune in tonight for Wednesday night 🧨, the #1 cable show on Wednesday nights for 5 weeks running at 8pm EST

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
The absolute fucking mad lads at The Lapsed Fan are introducing a $50 A MONTH TIER ON THEIR PATREON

And the gimmick is... you get access to JP's mom and her thoughts on various wrestling related things. It's called "The Mother of All Tiers"

It sounds crazy, but they make $14k per month talking about fraudulent fisticuffs for 8 hours per podcast so who am I to doubt el dandy

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
The absolute fucking mad lads at The Lapsed Fan are introducing a $50 A MONTH TIER ON THEIR PATREON

And the gimmick is... you get access to JP's mom and her thoughts on various wrestling related things. It's called "The Mother of All Tiers"

It sounds crazy, but they make $14k per month talking about fraudulent fisticuffs for 8 hours per podcast so who am I to doubt el dandy

Jesus. Incredible how far they've climbed. Can't hate on the work ethic.

LonestarZues

Oct 27, 2017
Riddle and Seth Rollins is off of Summerslam, and Fightful Select learned a little more about the process behind that.

WWE announced Wednesday that the match would not be taking place, citing an injury to Riddle. We're told that the injury is kayfabe, and there are a plans to do the match down the line. Those we spoke to claim it was due to "creative adjustments."

We're told talent was informed Monday, and the working plan was to have the match take place at Clash at the Castle in September. However, with the ever-changing WWE landscape, it's quite possible that isn't final.

As of now, Seth Rollins is still expected to travel to Nashville for Summerslam weekend, and has media obligations scheduled Friday.

Fightful Report on Seth-Riddle. No drama 😆.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
2 friends have an ongoing 10 year bet where depending on who dies first (hogan or flair) they have to buy a pizza for the other

DarkstarIV

Feb 21, 2018
Between Tony having a mini meltdown on Busted Open and Britt going full burial mode in another interview when asked about Rosa, the wheels seem to be starting to come off for AEW's "everyone loves to work here" narrative.

Oct 8, 2019
If WWE shows major improvements, I want someone in AEW to go full Vince Carter, and just refuse to do a dive, and starts wrestling like the Ultimate Warrior.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Between Tony having a mini meltdown on Busted Open and Britt going full burial mode in another interview when asked about Rosa, the wheels seem to be starting to come off for AEW's "everyone loves to work here" narrative.

Wasnt that burial kayfabe (still dumb to do) or felt like a shoot?

DarkstarIV

Feb 21, 2018
Wasnt that burial kayfabe (still dumb to do) or felt like a shoot?
It felt more like a shoot. Britt seems to have legitimate problems with people not liking her, and I don't think its a coincidence that no one has come out of a Britt feud looking good. She's basically AEW's version of Charlotte, except at least Charlotte isn't going into interviews outright burying other women, calling them dumbasses and other things.

I would imagine in any other promotion, Britt would be in the doghouse for that interview. But Tony is never going to punish her.