• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

IMCaprica

Aug 1, 2019
Thekla is out of the 5 Star GP. She said she got back to training and they determined she needs more time to heal up. So everyone in the block gets an automatic win.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
The family and friends of Rey Mysterio watching TV like normal people must be the most revolutionary thing that they have done in 20 years

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017

LOL He missed including the best part with Sid yelling "GOLDBEEEERG!" at the end. Here it is followed by another Sid classic in the same storyline.
www.youtube.com

Sid Vicious funny moments

since showing up on raw i wanted to upload Sid Vicious, Pshyco Sid, Sid Justice whatever you wanna call him at his finest! :) Sid Rules The World

Sid was good, actually. The production choice to keep his music running for this promo probably wasn't.
www.youtube.com

WWF Champ Sycho Sid "I am a Super Predator" Promo! Shawn Michaels watches backstage (WWF)

Raw - (Dec 23 1996) Sycho Sid Promo on Shawn Michaels in the lead up to their match at Royal Rumble 1997

Knight613

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
It's pretty funny to see reports that said that basically nothing changed going into last night's RAW but reading people here saying that the show was noticeable different.

Either you're just telling yourself that or you never knew what you were talking about when shitting on RAW before lmao
Booking wise, nothing changed. And no one said the booking was necessarily better.

Presentation of the show though, things definitely did change. There were far less video packages. If someone made their way to the ring and they had a commercial, they came back from commercial and their focus was still in the ring and not backstage or having video packages.

LonestarZues

Oct 27, 2017
With Vince McMahon now effectively done with his duties in WWE, a much clearer picture of the creative scene is being painted.

Fightful has heard from many within the creative process who said that many of the creative writer's assistants effectively needed to "filter" Vince themselves in ways. Specifically, we were told that the assistants often had to know what to not write for Vince McMahon when taking notes for him. We've also heard that the "minutes are heavily edited."

We're told this has largely the case for a long time. It ranged from Vince saying things that would appear insensitive or offensive, to "oh god, what did he just say?" moments, all the way to simple kayfabe things as well. Some of the stories included McMahon constantly calling people the wrong names, or using terms that weren't socially acceptable, and that even he himself would have never allowed on television.

Another former production employee said "if a live feed of Vince McMahon on a headset any given night ever made it out, that it would provide a picture of that production experience, especially for the announcers. There were plenty of times he was in a good mood, but he would blow up at the most ridiculous things and act like they ruined an angle that was far past its expiration date anyway."

When asking those working in and near creative what they expected to change the most with Triple H in control, and one specifically said "recall of what we have and haven't done repeatedly. There were so many things that Vince insisted on doing that I'm pretty sure he didn't remember doing over and over again, even when people would tell him."

Fightful Report on Vince working creative in the past. Lots of interesting tidbits.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
"if a live feed of Vince McMahon on a headset any given night ever made it out, that it would provide a picture of that production experience, especially for the announcers. There were plenty of times he was in a good mood, but he would blow up at the most ridiculous things and act like they ruined an angle that was far past its expiration date anyway."

this NEEDS to get out there someday

I want a full fucking 3 hours of raw, vince production audio

GravaGravity

Oct 27, 2017
Fightful Report on Vince working creative in the past. Lots of interesting tidbits.
Any of that audio coming out would certainly be a spectacle, but Vince being a nightmare in those situations is common knowledge I thought?

Either way he's going to end up using the memory problems mentioned at the end to escape culpability in both the legal and social sense

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
So WWE is now doing the usual "he was hard to work with" but now with Vince too

Love to see it lmao

LonestarZues

Oct 27, 2017
Any of that audio coming out would certainly be a spectacle, but Vince being a nightmare in those situations is common knowledge I thought?

Either way he's going to end up using the memory problems mentioned at the end to escape culpability in both the legal and social sense

It is, although i don't think we've ever had audio/video leak of him being good one moment and then irate the next unless i'm misremembering.

Stooge

Oct 29, 2017
I finally caught up on G1 night 3. Holy fuck its unwatchable.

Also Chase Owens has lost a step since last years tourny. Normally I would expect him to carry Tama Tonga to a watchable match.

GravaGravity

Oct 27, 2017
It is, although i don't think we've ever had audio/video leak of him being good one moment and then irate the next unless i'm misremembering.
All I'm remembering is the cold reception Kevin Owens got after a match during one of the WWE docs and a leak of Michael Cole's audio during a break where you could tell he was getting the verbal beatdown for talking back to Vince

God why is my memory great for carny shit like this and terrible for actual useful things

LonestarZues

Oct 27, 2017
All I'm remembering is the cold reception Kevin Owens got after a match during one of the WWE docs and a leak of Michael Cole's audio during a break where you could tell he was getting the verbal beatdown for talking back to Vince

God why is my memory great for carny shit like this and terrible for actual useful things

The closest was Michael Cole

Yup those 2 are the one's i was thinking about as well lol

Stooge

Oct 29, 2017

The best part of this period is the first PPV was actually sort of ok. I mean there were dumb matches that didn't make sense in it but it was mostly good.

Then when they got their show it was also sort of kind of okish for a month..

When it got *real* good is when SciFi network started demanding "SciFi stories" be added and we got some late 80s nonsense characters called up from OVW to fill that quota who could not wrestle or work an angle *at all*

GravaGravity

Oct 27, 2017
I think we can't even imagine the ammount of people and the ammount of stories people have kept for themselves and they must all want to vent now, at the same time.

Nothing stops this train.
Please, he has good relationships with the top draws and the undercard is either too marky or too desperate to keep their jobs to bring any of that shit up.

With all the shit WWE has done revisionist history-wise on I'm sure turning "abusive" Vince into "outlandish but honest and passionate" will be one of their easier jobs

Serpens007

Oct 31, 2017
Chile
Please, he has good relationships with the top draws and the undercard is either too marky or too desperate to keep their jobs to bring any of that shit up.

With all the shit WWE has done revisionist history-wise on I'm sure turning "abusive" Vince into "outlandish but honest and passionate" will be one of their easier jobs

There's always room for the "annonymous sources"

OP
OP
asmith906

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017

View: https://twitter.com/BrandonThurston/status/1552022852135706624

FYg-d4uWQAABMhw

LonestarZues

Oct 27, 2017
Triple H being at the helm of talent relations and creative already has talent outside of WWE interested.

Fightful has spoken to countless (or actually a couple of dozen) former wrestlers who left WWE for a variety of reasons about Triple H gaining more control within the company, as well as Stephanie McMahon's influence.

Talent who left dating back to 2016 spoke with us about how different things would have been if Triple H had been in control much earlier. One who left that year said that it appeared when they left that Triple H had plenty of say in hiring and firing, as well as creative across all levels, but clearly not as much as he does now. They didn't think that him being around back then would have led them to staying aboard, but do believe that a different set of creative circumstances could have led to them gauging WWE's interest in that time period since.

There are numerous NXT talent that have been released along the way that believe that had Triple H had been in these roles that they wouldn't have been released -- in fact, the majority that we spoke to. However, there were a couple that were realistic with the fact that they weren't being utilized or progressing fast enough before their cut. One even said "at some point, someone had to be cut, so I wouldn't be realistic to say that it couldn't or wouldn't be me just because the person who got me hired had more power." Another noted they didn't think they'd have been protected to any degree, as they were pretty much parked and not used on TV for months anyway.

One former NXT talent that had options within WWE before signing elsewhere said that they felt an incredible sense of loyalty to Triple H, and had he been the person managing their creative future "things could have been much different." That talent, and another talent that ended up in AEW said that they had no confidence in being creatively satisfied on the WWE main roster. One said "I'm glad that I went to AEW, but if I was graduating to a Triple H-led Smackdown or Raw, I probably would have re-signed with WWE before my deal was up."

Another top free agent that has several options that Fightful Select spoke to said that both Triple H and Stephanie McMahon being in their positions greatly increases the possibility of them eventually heading back to the company. We've heard from other free agents that were hopeful their previous relationships with Triple H led to them at least having conversations, but didn't expect that to happen imminently.

We'll look to speak to more talent soon about this. The belief that Triple H would be better suited for this spot at this time than Vince McMahon was nearly unanimous, with one person of almost two dozen preferring an "I'll wait and see" approach.

More infor from Fightful on Triple H being in charge.

kiguel182

Oct 31, 2017
with this change less top talent will move out of the WWE and there's now a better place for people who aren't happy with AEW to be better utilized elsewhere. This way new talent can appear and be the spotlight on Dynamite. It's a win win even there's more good places for talent to go and perform well instead of selling their souls out for a buck.

Serpens007

Oct 31, 2017
Chile
"One former NXT talent that had options within WWE before signing elsewhere said that they felt an incredible sense of loyalty to Triple H, and had he been the person managing their creative future "things could have been much different." That talent, and another talent that ended up in AEW said that they had no confidence in being creatively satisfied on the WWE main roster. One said "I'm glad that I went to AEW, but if I was graduating to a Triple H-led Smackdown or Raw, I probably would have re-signed with WWE before my deal was up." "

One of them must totally be Adam Cole lol

OfficerRob

Oct 25, 2017
There is a major disconnect between a bunch of talent who think they would still be in WWE if HHH was running creative, and Nick Khan being co-CEO and him being behind trimming the roster down to what it is to boost profits. I'm sure a handful would still be there, but the majority of them were cut for a reason, and HHH running creative wouldn't change that

kiguel182

Oct 31, 2017
Adam Cole is an interesting case since he is really close to the Bucks. But the choice would've been much harder for sure. Keith Lee probably would've stayed as well.

In the end having a good team at WWE is much better for the industry than having a rapist and his creep buddies in control.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Don't think many of the AEW women would want to go back to the E unless they have more than 4 mins and 20 seconds of wrestling in a 3-hour show like there apparently was on Raw last night.

I do trust Triple H to book women better than Tony Khan, though. That's gonna be an interesting thing to keep an eye on.

Knight613

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
"One former NXT talent that had options within WWE before signing elsewhere said that they felt an incredible sense of loyalty to Triple H, and had he been the person managing their creative future "things could have been much different." That talent, and another talent that ended up in AEW said that they had no confidence in being creatively satisfied on the WWE main roster. One said "I'm glad that I went to AEW, but if I was graduating to a Triple H-led Smackdown or Raw, I probably would have re-signed with WWE before my deal was up." "

One of them must totally be Adam Cole lol
I'm pretty sure there are only a handful of people who had their deals expire. Cole, Gargano, and O'Reilly being the main ones. Everyone else got fired.

Liquidsnake

Oct 27, 2017
Can someone explain to me how I keep hearing that the WWE is going to be sold. Aren't they a publicly traded company sold to whom? privately? I don't understand this?

RockyBalboa_

Apr 28, 2018
Not exactly front-page news given everything else going on, but the WWE 2K games are being quietly delisted.

www.pcgamer.com

2K has quietly delisted almost all of the WWE games on Steam

A total of four WWE games, plus DLC, have been removed from sale without warning.

I got 2k17 from another site over a year ago as it wasn't available on Steam back then (it vanished while 16-20 were still there). This was after taking a chance and playing the Xbox version for a bit (was on Gamepass for a few months), enjoyed it as it had decent roster and the graphics + gameplay suited me more compared to my last attempted sessions with 2k14-15.

Noticed it could be found on Steam again a few months back. I get why they'd be delisted being do old and the servers extinct.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
Can someone explain to me how I keep hearing that the WWE is going to be sold. Aren't they a publicly traded company sold to whom? privately? I don't understand this?
Most people expected WWE to be sold to a bigger media enterprise (so NBC / Disney / whatever) as there is an ongoing consolidation in teh era of "needing live content". Public companies can be purchased by other companies, normally for an extra above current stock market price (like 10-30%), it is all if the board accepts as they believe it is whats best for stockholder.

People expected WWE to go that route because they had maximized most revenue streams that were not TV, and TV companies at some point would think it is better to outright buy them and own all the content than pay billions for "renting" it. Plus WWE had been streamlining and "trimming the fat" of the company for a couple years with Covid, which would have made them much more desirable for purchase.
Now with a new younger leadership, the push for that might go down, but who knows.