• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Boze Man

Oct 27, 2017
Bozeman, MT
FYjoWJyXgAAHd5_

Yes. It's just a bit more expensive than you're used to.

Carnby

Oct 25, 2017
Even if I start watching WWE again, I will never watch Raw or Smackdown. I have better things to do. I'll stick to just watching five dollar ppvs.

Oct 27, 2017
It was...watchable in a way that isn't insulting your intelligence as much anymore.

I'm sure part of that was probably because they felt they had to give MSG a good show.

You can tell alot of Vince's verbiage was gone from the scripts, the announcers seemed free-er, and the production timing was improved. No wrestlers standing in the ring for 15 minutes after their entrance waiting for their match to start while replays, promos and commercial breaks took place. I'm sure the big booking changes won't take place until after Summerslam.

Oct 29, 2017
I really hope DDT does something with Takeshita. He's special. Is wrestling fans in the states were really fortunate to see Takeshita, Umino and the imports down under like Connors. International wrestling has some legit future stars.

Jamie OD

Oct 27, 2017
Takeshita's been DDT's guy for the last five years! He spent last year sweeping through the company winning everything.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Rewind a Raw delivering the schadenfreude.

"A poor go-home show."

"Brock and Roman doesn't feel special even though it's for both titles." (Paraphrase)

"You really need a magnifying glass to find any changes here."

"I've seen some people say this show was like a breath of fresh air. I feel if you're saying that you have not breathed at all for the past 6 months…or the past 2 to 3 years. This was mostly the same show. Generic…"

Also popped for them talking about babyface Logan Paul walking down to the ring "like an asshole" and his segment with the Miz dying a death. LOL

plagiarize

It's not a loop. It's a spiral.
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
I wouldn't expect anything major to change until after Summerslam, and even then that seems very optimistic.

You've sold tickets based on those matches. You've got talent with assurances and promises revolving around their booking, etc etc. I saw someone else say WWE is a very big ship, and it's going to take a long time to turn it.

You still have RAW and Smackdown being written by the same people (even if a different person now has final say). You've still got Dunn. Etc.

There'll be stuff where there's an obvious shift, like commentary, even if that just comes down to certain words Vince banned now being allowed. I remember even Cole being a lot more tolerable without Vince in his ear, for instance.

If Trips didn't order a complete rewrite of the show the afternoon of the taping... that's actually a positive change even if it won't immediately translate to better content on the screen.

DarkstarIV

Feb 21, 2018

"A poor go-home show."

"Brock and Roman doesn't feel special even though it's for both titles." (Paraphrase)

"I've seen some people say this show was like a breath of fresh air. I feel if you're saying that you have not breathed at all for the past 6 months…or the past 2 to 3 years. This was mostly the same show. Generic…"

Also popped for them talking about babyface Logan Paul walking down to the ring "like an asshole" and his segment with the Miz dying a death. LOL
Both Fightful and Dave mentioned last night that the show was written by Vince right before he was ousted last Friday.

oddjobs

Oct 27, 2017
I wouldn't expect anything major to change until after Summerslam, and even then that seems very optimistic.

You've sold tickets based on those matches. You've got talent with assurances and promises revolving around their booking, etc etc. I saw someone else say WWE is a very big ship, and it's going to take a long time to turn it.

You still have RAW and Smackdown being written by the same people (even if a different person now has final say). You've still got Dunn. Etc.

There'll be stuff where there's an obvious shift, like commentary, even if that just comes down to certain words Vince banned now being allowed. I remember even Cole being a lot more tolerable without Vince in his ear, for instance.

If Trips didn't order a complete rewrite of the show the afternoon of the taping... that's actually a positive change even if it won't immediately translate to better content on the screen.

Yeah. There's a whole lot of "learning" that will need to take place to shed Vince's influence. In the short term the booking will probably get a bit more cohesive and a bit less reliant on rematches - anything more than that will take time.

OfficerRob

Oct 25, 2017

"A poor go-home show."

Sean Ross Sapp, Meltzer, and Alvarez all basically said the same thing. There is some real hopeful placebo stuff going on around that Raw show last night, people are imagining things trying to make it seem like there were meaningful differences from any other Raw

Karsha

May 1, 2020
Agreed with the people saying RAW is the same, if we didn't know Vince has left, no one would have noticed any difference. The pacing was the same as the Cena episode at least, I could notice no new or improved stuff. Also people chanting "One more time" when Miz hit the skull crush finale on Logan Paul really tells you how much WWE messed up with portraying him as a face, he is a natural born heel, not sure what they are trying to do.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Both Fightful and Dave mentioned last night that the show was written by Vince right before he was ousted last Friday.

Yeah, I was aware of that. Mostly reacting to takes like "it was like a breath of fresh air" despite still largely being the same show (by most accounts). In the end, I'm not watching the shows but am somewhat fascinated tracking it from the sidelines via podcasts.

Radiophonic

Oct 25, 2017
HHH can book things in a more sensible fashion and not treat talent like shit, but as always, there is no compelling reason to work especially hard improving the product. Their audience is not going anywhere, they will get another massive TV contract, and their blood money stream will continue. Why shake things up when you're making record earnings? Keep things in line until you sell the company. That's all they have to do.

data west

Oct 25, 2017
HHH can book things in a more sensible fashion and not treat talent like shit, but as always, there is no compelling reason to work especially hard improving the product. Their audience is not going anywhere, they will get another massive TV contract, and their blood money stream will continue. Why shake things up when you're making record earnings? Keep things in line until you sell the company. That's all they have to do.
Shareholders are shareholders but HHH's ego is not about to let him get outbooked every week if he has the power to prevent it

Oct 8, 2019
Yeah, I was aware of that. Mostly reacting to takes like "it was like a breath of fresh air" despite still largely being the same show (by most accounts). In the end, I'm not watching the shows but am somewhat fascinated tracking it from the sidelines via podcasts.

Considering the state of modern wrestling, "it was like a breath of fresh air" isnt much of a compliment.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Said it in the other thread but the Cena emote is going to be spammed constantly in spawn island and I'm dreading it lol.

Keiriks

Omicron Persei 8 Logic
Aug 19, 2021
Reykjavík, Iceland
Alexa Bliss is a pretty good promo when the writing doesnt make me want to claw my own eyes out.
She's killer on the mic even when the writing is garbage. Her lack of an angle right now is a bummer. The Goddess was such a well realised character that she played to perfection, then she did great work with Wyatt as the Fiendess, then he got sacked and they haven't known what to do with her since. 😞 Since her return her character has mostly been "happy to get screentime I guess". Those sparks of life like that time she dunked on both her and Nikki's angles being stupid are far too rare.

also put her back on PPVs you assholes

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
It's pretty funny to see reports that said that basically nothing changed going into last night's RAW but reading people here saying that the show was noticeable different.

Either you're just telling yourself that or you never knew what you were talking about when shitting on RAW before lmao