• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
Anything he did creative wise in NXT was still miles ahead of any creative on the main roster during that time.

Yeah I was mostly joking. If they get rid of Dunn and some producers, the product might become watchable again and there will be good competition between companies.

Good times to be a western pro wrestling fan again.

DarkstarIV

Feb 21, 2018
THEIR WOMEN THOUGH was what got me through the final era of dad metal NXT.
I imagine Io Shirai is probably going to be sitting pretty here. Unless she desperately misses her family, I think the odds of her signing a new deal with WWE is pretty much 100% now. We'll find out soon enough as her deal supposedly ends on August 1st.

That's ignoring the number WWE could potentially do to the AEW Women's Division going forward now as well, unless Tony massively shapes up.

OP
OP
asmith906

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017
From what I understand, Triple H has no problem working with others. It's Nick Khan who is the wildcard here, and even then he's mentioned a couple of times that if the other wrestling companies offer some sort of benefit towards WWE, they would be willing to do business. He didn't really elaborate on that point, but it's out there.
Nick Khan is probably talking about how they were willing to collab with Impact so that Mickie James could be in the Rumble.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
One hour long authority promos are BACK!

"See, here's the thing..."

"In this business, ..."

Last time WWE had a great thing going on the main event picture (granted, it was an accident) was with him as Authority figure (The whole WMXXX with Daniel Bryan and then The Shield storyline). It sucked most of the time, but for those particular stories, it worked so well.

Tabaxi

Nov 18, 2018
I'm in genuine awe at Vince's Greek tragedy level hubris.

Fucking with company money at that level was the only thing that would've forced the board to remove him. He surrounded himself with loyal yes men. Shareholders don't care about allegations as long as the bottom line is there. And the networks and advertisers hold Vince in such high regard that they weren't going to make a move against him. He was beyond bulletproof with the only exception being if they found out he was abusing company money. And he did it anyway. Despite being a fucking billionaire.

Vince really did screw Vince.

ramoisdead

Oct 25, 2017
From what I understand, Triple H has no problem working with others. It's Nick Khan who is the wildcard here, and even then he's mentioned a couple of times that if the other wrestling companies offer some sort of benefit towards WWE, they would be willing to do business. He didn't really elaborate on that point, but it's out there.

As much as we treat Nick Khan as some Thanos meme in the pro wrestling world, there have been reports where talent and others say the guy is approachable...even more so than Vince. He's a businessman so he is gonna be thinking about "how can I make even more money" than "okay these 'toys' will be my favorites for the time being".

DarkstarIV

Feb 21, 2018
I'm in genuine awe at Vince's Greek tragedy level hubris.

Fucking with company money at that level was the only thing that would've forced the board to remove him. He surrounded himself with loyal yes men. Shareholders don't care about allegations as long as the bottom line is there. And the networks and advertisers hold Vince in such high regard that they weren't going to make a move against him. He was beyond bulletproof with the only exception being if they found out he was abusing company money. And he did it anyway. Despite being a fucking billionaire.

Vince really did screw Vince.
The network line is especially funny since USA Network/NBC Universal issued a comment about this entire thing, saying that they were "absolutely thrilled" about Triple H taking over creative and were excited to see the future direction of the show.

plagiarize

It's not a loop. It's a spiral.
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
Resigned in disgrace instead of retiring in disgrace...an even fitting end to a piece of trash like Vince McMahon.

And rumor is HBO Real Sports is also gonna unearth some more stuff about this.
Not sure that it made it onto TV, but someone at Death Before Dishonor had a sign with a picture of Vince on it that said 'Retirement Before Dishonor' that I thought really summed things up.

UrbanDandy

Oct 25, 2017
Resigned in disgrace instead of retiring in disgrace...an even fitting end to a piece of trash like Vince McMahon.

And rumor is HBO Real Sports is also gonna unearth some more stuff about this.
Unless the contract is ironclad, I wonder if the producers of Dark Side of the Ring could bail from their WWE project and make an hour long special on Vince.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
WWE would never book interpromotional ppv's because in all honesty, why would they need to? They don't gain nothing besides making the IWC happy for 5 minutes

GravaGravity

Oct 27, 2017
Now Trips is back on top I fully expect the narrative to switch back from "black and gold NXT was garbage holding back the company" to "black and gold NXT was the greatest booking run of all time"...

Also I fully expect TK to tweet out some "I beat that fucker once and I'll do it again" shit on Wednesday once he's deep in the whiteclaws

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Wow, what news to wake up to. I assume that this week caps off whatever is in motion and after summerslam there is some sort of reset. I really hope for good changes.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
TK better get Sasha and Gargano on the phone right this second

This is bad fucking news for AEW. WWE and Vince's trash booking was AEW's main feeder system.

DarkstarIV

Feb 21, 2018

This is bad fucking news for AEW. WWE and Vince's trash booking was AEW's main feeder system.
At this point I would be shocked if Sasha ends up in AEW because it's painfully clear Tony absolutely does not give a shit about the women, no matter who he signs.

OP
OP
asmith906

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017

View: https://twitter.com/TBARRetribution/status/1551576939680473088

dominik-dijakovic-entrance.gif

Shit's about to get real

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Triple H about to play universe mode in real life.
Gunther returns to Walter and wins the world title first shot. Gargano and Sasha on a three way call as we speak.

GravaGravity

Oct 27, 2017

It will be interesting to see if TK can actually survive against a moderately competent company. Thanks to his connections and contracted talent he's done great so far but if a resurgent WWE hits out at those does he have what it takes to survive? Recent booking and metrics bring that to question

OP
OP
asmith906

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017
It will be interesting to see if TK can actually survive against a moderately competent company. Thanks to his connections and contracted talent he's done great so far but if a resurgent WWE hits out at those does he have what it takes to survive? Recent booking and metrics bring that to question
TK going to have to start building up a lot of people. He can't rely on mass releases and WWE ignoring indie talent anymore.

Karsha

May 1, 2020
I still don't buy the "HHH is a great booker" thing, there are like 0 memorable feuds in NXT, maybe just Gargano Vs Ciampa, the show was elevated by the amount of talents they had and by letting them do what they do best, wrestling in the ring...while that might work on a b show like NXT, booking the main WWE shows like that might lead into a disaster...we will see, still skeptical

IMCaprica

Aug 1, 2019
I still don't buy the "HHH is a great booker" thing, there are like 0 memorable feuds in NXT, maybe just Gargano Vs Ciampa, the show was elevated by the amount of talents they had and by letting them do what they do best, wrestling in the ring...while that might work on a b show like NXT, booking the main WWE shows like that might lead into a disaster...we will see, still skeptical
Let's not forget that Vince picked a fight with AEW, but it was very much Triple H's NXT that got crushed by AEW. Granted, part of that was because Cince kept calling people up, but it wasn't like NXT was in short supply of great performers. It turns out it doesn't matter how many 5 star matches you put on when the competition is literally just every guy WWE spent years failing to sign OR guys who the WWE fans wanted as their champions but never got.

GravaGravity

Oct 27, 2017
Eh American Alpha, FTR, Velveteen Dream, Sasha, Bayley, Authors of Pain even, like I think even "letting your top guys wrestle good" at the right time is a pretty important quality in a booker that many fall foul of somehow. Plus I can't remember the last time I heard something bad about him from a talent relations perspective (bar Punk of course), but he's going to lose the shield of "sorry bud it's a Vince thing" now.

But none of that really matters when he's only going to use his newfound power to bring in Poppy as a resident singing ring announcer and make the half of every show wrestlers slowly walking to the ring as she belts out their theme

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
Things that change immediately with HHH in charge:

- banned terms (wrestling, fans, belt, etc.)
- terrible verbiage (the most stupendous two night wrestlemania, etc.)
- commentary won't have an angry out of touch old man in their ear yelling at them
- over scripting
- non finishes and constant DQs/interruptions
- "No indie wrestlers" rule
- quicker in ring style, wrestlers allowed to retain their indie style, and their indie name
- All shapes and sizes can be pushed, no more pushes because someone has "Vince's look"

ramoisdead

Oct 25, 2017

It's believed that Sasha isn't going to wrestle for the remainder of 2022. She'll make her convention appearances and that's about it.

Gargano's chances of coming back to WWE shot up because he was always Triple H/Shawn Michaels go to guy. He's a white meat babyface who will win over the crowd and also showed range as a bad guy. Vince wouldn't push the guy cuz of him being too short and whatnot.

Gaiaknight

Oct 25, 2017
I mean letting your wrestlers put on good matches is a pretty big important part of a good wrestling show

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I don't buy that "there's like 0 memorable feuds in NXT" comment. Nah, we can't be trying to tear down the NXT of the past just because someone might not be like. Yall remember the matches, you remember the match where Sasha won the NXT Title, you remember Neville's craziness in NXT, you remember Sami Zayn's climb to the title, you remember Nakamura/Zayn, you remember how dope American Alpha were in NXT, you remember all of it. You remember how dope Breeze was in NXT, not even gonna mention Gargano, Ciampa and the rest.

Come on now. NXT was dope for years when Trips was at the helm.

Oct 8, 2019
Man now that Vince might be forced to retire whose going to become the new "Please retire guy'

Sees the barbed wire every where match. TK should just call up Jericho, and see if he can get a buyout on the rest of jericho's contract.

The AEW fans here really did undersell how god damn awful it was. Like thats a negative 3 match. Its the first time AEW came off like one of those wrestling promotions that do their matches in a field with an audience of 50 people. There were like 2 false finishes better than the actual finish, the aftermath where the loser beats down the winner, the fact that the shark cage (which they escaped by twisting their bodies sideways) was completely pointless and had no effect on the finish, the botches that include Sammy Guevera not timing his punches right so it just looks like he intentionally punched Jericho.

TK's entire relationship with Jericho summed up by MJF

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ay1yeL3AeZM

Radiophonic

Oct 25, 2017
It'll be interesting to see what effect this has on people whose dream of being in WWE was the WWE Vince ran, as opposed to whatever it becomes now. It could be just as mercenary and shitty under the new leadership, and they now have to do the work of not basing the entire promotion around two guys. Assuming they want to do that. If I'm a talent, I wait and see how/if things change.

OfficerRob

Oct 25, 2017
Takeovers back in the day were fantastic, but the weekly shows were only ok. And the best of those weekly shows were during the one hour pre-taped era. When NXT went live and extended to two hours, those shows were not very good (extremely hit and miss). Now HHH is being asked to run five hours of weekly live television

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK

I'm not so sure on these two.

The first is down to marketing and I can see Khan being a big part of them making sure that everything is marketable and tradmarkable.

The second is also down to the potential of a sale I think. The new method of signing unknown school sports stars could be them developing a feeder system and process that is ready for non wrestling company to continue to use after a sale. Easier for new owners to come into a system where you simply scout good athletes and place them into a training system then hiring people who can scout existing talent and judge if they need training etc. Also keeps costs down as you are singing unknowns.

OfficerRob

Oct 25, 2017

- banned terms (wrestling, fans, belt, etc.)
- commentary won't have an angry out of touch old man in their ear yelling at them
- over scripting
- non finishes and constant DQs/interruptions
- quicker in ring style, wrestlers allowed to retain their indie style, and their indie name
- All shapes and sizes can be pushed, no more pushes because someone has "Vince's look"
You are expecting way too much