• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Whilst I don't know how good or bad HHHs booking will be, surely it will be more stable and less prone to last minute rewrites than it has been in WWE for years so that's something for them.

Still no interest in supporting the company but it will be interesting to see how things are down the line once they have had time to work the changes in and get a new way of working going for a while.

OfficerRob

Oct 25, 2017
So a guy just coming off a major heart attack is going to be head of talent relations AND creative? Are they trying to kill him?

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Won't be watching WWE for a while yet. Kevin Dunn still sucks, and they're still in bed with the Saudi government.

Also, not sure if H being head of talent relations AND being head of creative is a good thing. It's like your manager also being the person you file grievances with...about your manager. Maybe I don't understand the roles properly, though.

Lee Morris

Oct 28, 2017
That is a hell of a load to put on his plate after just coming back. Also weren't all the wrestlers making the point that the head of creative and the head of being talent relations being the same person a conflict of interest?

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Such a wild time.

Vince says he's expected more from his family (probably mostly referring to Shane), Stephanie gets put on leave, H is recovering from a heart attack while having his version of NXT totally torn to shreds...then another WSJ story drops, investigations begin, Vince steps down, Stephanie is co-CEO of WWE, and H is running main roster creative and talent relations. @_@

LonestarZues

Oct 27, 2017
"WWE executive Paul Levesque will assume all responsibilities related to WWE's creative, in addition to his regular duties."

The chips are starting to fall within WWE, and Triple H is working in creative again. Immediately after the WWE's PR report, Fightful clarified with WWE that Triple H would indeed be heading up creative in addition to accepting those roles.

On Friday, Ed Koskey and Bruce Prichard were largely in control of the direction of the show and producers were told that Triple H would at least be the "finish guy." WWE confirmed to us that Bruce Prichard remains with the company, and will work in creative. Last week, higher ups were told Vince would still be available to some degree as he transitions away from the company.

Talent reaction to the news was general excitement. There were some concerns raised when Bruce Prichard was both heading up creative and in an interim talent relations role, as talent had to ask the person that handled their creative for time off if they wanted it.

One source at USA Network that got back to Fightful about the news said that "this is an exciting change."

Some additional news on HHH becoming head of creative.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Which is exactly why Stephanie isn't the boss of everything. Because the Saudi government isn't going to deal with a woman.

200w.gif

You might be on to something there.

Oct 27, 2017
If the product improves, they stop the Saudi shows and we get consistent reports of good behaviour from management back stage with good wrestler morale then I might consider watching WWE again.

They'll never stop the Saudi shows, so it's still years away for me but I can see a path back to watching again. Which I haven't been able to see for the last 4 years.

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
I guess we'll see how much of the yellow and black edition of NXT really was his baby if he's now given similar duty for the main roster. It was far and away the best part of the company over the last few years, and of course, Vince had to find a way to fuck it up into ashes, too.

I strangely expect more of an open minded acknowledgement of other wrestling companies if he's really in charge. A lot of the things Triple H did as one offs like the Crusierweight Classic showed respect of talent outside of WWE. Maybe it'll be more name drops on TV, but I don't see Okada's wish of a WWE/AEW/NJPW/AAA/CMLL supershow happening with this sea change. Can't even get CMLL in good spirits to not fuck up a show they're not even on.

Sibersk Esto

Changed the hierarchy of thread titles
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder how many of the guys and gals who left would've stayed if HHH had gotten complete control earlier

DarkstarIV

Feb 21, 2018
I guess we'll see how much of the yellow and black edition of NXT really was his baby if he's now given similar duty for the main roster. It was far and away the best part of the company over the last few years, and of course, Vince had to find a way to fuck it up into ashes, too.

I strangely expect more of an open minded acknowledgement of other wrestling companies if he's really in charge. A lot of the things Triple H did as one offs like the Crusierweight Classic showed respect of talent outside of WWE. Maybe it'll be more name drops on TV, but I don't see Okada's wish of a WWE/AEW/NJPW/AAA/CMLL supershow happening with this sea change. Can't even get CMLL in good spirits to not fuck up a show they're not even on.
From what I understand, Triple H has no problem working with others. It's Nick Khan who is the wildcard here, and even then he's mentioned a couple of times that if the other wrestling companies offer some sort of benefit towards WWE, they would be willing to do business. He didn't really elaborate on that point, but it's out there.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
Following all this mess is a drama in itself. Are they gonna keep going with NXT 2.0 too or will he change that back around?

AstralSphere

Feb 10, 2021
Sounds like the resignation was due to this being on the verge of going public. Very much reads like the NDAs were paid off using company funds.

Egg0

Oct 25, 2017
Roman beats Brock for the 20th time.

"It's becoming increasingly clear that nobody in this company can touch me, The Tribal Chief, the Head of The Table, The Big Dog, THE Guy..."

Lights go out, Rebel Heart plays.
tumblr_ownaxnrY4K1u1ljrzo1_500.gif

GalaxyDive

Oct 25, 2017
While the current state of its roster + many (many, many) other issues is going to keep WWE from competing with AEW on actual quality anytime soon, if HHH is in charge of the product, there is at least a good chance of it being elevated from "the drizzling shits" to "pretty good, actually"

OfficerRob

Oct 25, 2017
So Vince paid hush money to these women with company money, and then didn't report it to the SEC. Yeah, that explains the sudden retirement after his "I'm not going anywhere" public tour, that's major shit

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Speaking of Vince googling things…

klasing-associates.com

Can a CEO / CFO/ Controller/ Any Officer or Accounting Employee be Criminally Charged for Tax Fraud at the Company?

Can a CEO / CFO/ Controller/ Any Officer/ Accounting Employee of a Company be Criminally Charged for Tax Fraud at the Company? As the CEO, Founder or Owner of a company, you are usually aware of

In 2015, the former CEO of Arrow Trucking Company was sentenced to 7 and a half years in jail for tax fraud. According to the plea agreement, the CEO and others conspired to defraud the United States by failing to account for and pay federal withholding taxes on behalf of Arrow Trucking Company and by making payments to the CEO outside the payroll system. The CEO and others also withheld Arrow Trucking Company employees' federal income tax withholdings, Medicare, and social security taxes, without reporting or paying over these taxes to the IRS, despite knowing they had a duty to do so.

In 2019, the former CEO of a Pennsylvania oil and gas company was charged with and eventually pleaded guilty to tax evasion and the related tax-adjacent crime of bank fraud. After entering a plea agreement, he was sentenced in July 2020 to 14 years in prison for submitting false financial records on loan applications and failing to report over $650,000 worth of income on his tax returns. Also in July 2020, the CEO of a McCandless, PA cleaning company was sentenced to two years in prison for tax evasion that occurred under his watch at his company. The CEO entered a plea agreement where he admitted to underreporting his income and assets, including two Bentley sports cars and a bank account in his son's name.

I mean, Vince was basically committing tax fraud, was he not?

cjelly

Oct 27, 2017
It's gonna be fascinating to see what WWE looks like in a few years after all this.

It's certainly going to mean very little in the short term.