• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
Dickinson is the obvious pick. Surprised he's still unsigned unless it's out of choice. Deppen and Mercer would also be great hires. I do raise my eyebrows when guys like these are still unsigned when AEW bring in some questionable talent. I'd like to see these get good money but selfishly I like them on the indys so not too fussed either way at the moment, especially when I'm not sure AEW could do them justice.

I think Dickinson has hinted at turning stuff down. He seems like an indie guy for a while. I love Deppen but I don't know if he translate well to a TV product

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
www.wrestlinginc.com

Exclusive: Enzo Amore, Luke Gallows, Karl Anderson And Other Former WWE Stars Film This Week

"The Big LG" Doc Gallows, Karl Anderson and Rocky Romero filmed their "Talk 'N Shop A Mania" event earlier this week that will air on…

Good on Gallows and Anderson doing a wrestling event. Them bringing in Enzo though instantly makes me pass on it though.
Enzo is a shit, but he gets crowds hot on the mic. If he'd stop wrestling and try to be a manager he'd have a decent career but the dude is a tool who'll forever believe his own hype. Doubt he could be an announcer because his skill is burying folks not getting them over.

DarkstarIV

Feb 21, 2018
Enzo is a shit, but he gets crowds hot on the mic. If he'd stop wrestling and try to be a manager he'd have a decent career but the dude is a tool who'll forever believe his own hype. Doubt he could be an announcer because his skill is burying folks not getting them over.
I don't think this show had an audience though. Or shouldn't at least.

plagiarize

Eating crackers
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
Is 'hate reading tweets' the new 'hate watching'?

I do occasionally read and comment in the viewing figure thread here on the site, but I don't bother reading anyone going on about it on twitter. It got boring.

Baphomet

Dec 8, 2018
Who is the most obscure wrestler you remember. I used to watch a lot of WCW and I still remember Lash LeRoux, he was just a jobber but I liked him for some reason, I don't remember him ever winning a match though.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
Obscure wrestlers? while not going nearly as far back as some would to some ancient jobbers, I always recall the odd spat of misfires that hit the smackdown brand over 2005-2007 or so.
Some despite incredibly brief stints are kinda remembered because the gimmick stood out (so Mordecai or Kizarny)
But you also had stuff like GUNNER SCOTT, THE PROTEGE OF CHRIS BENOIT! This guy was given something of an attempt at a push but nope, not happening.
What about Sylvester Terkay? he was like a grappler/fighter guy managed by Elijah Burke I think.
And the tag teams, hoo boy, the awful era of tag teams, Gymini, The Dicks, Heartthrobs, what a pile of duds.

And I'll sign off with Nu-ECW's DJ Gabriel.

UrbanDandy

Oct 25, 2017
Sami zayn is the last good wrestler in the business. No one else comes close (except for Owen Hart and Kevin Owens).

MG310

Oct 25, 2017
Obscure wrestlers? while not going nearly as far back as some would to some ancient jobbers, I always recall the odd spat of misfires that hit the smackdown brand over 2005-2007 or so.
Some despite incredibly brief stints are kinda remembered because the gimmick stood out (so Mordecai or Kizarny)
But you also had stuff like GUNNER SCOTT, THE PROTEGE OF CHRIS BENOIT! This guy was given something of an attempt at a push but nope, not happening.
What about Sylvester Terkay? he was like a grappler/fighter guy managed by Elijah Burke I think.
And the tag teams, hoo boy, the awful era of tag teams, Gymini, The Dicks, Heartthrobs, what a pile of duds.

And I'll sign off with Nu-ECW's DJ Gabriel.

Hade Vansen had like 2 vignettes and never debuted.

Also Tyson Kidd's goofy looking Diesel Jackson Andrews who only lasted a few shows.

Burly

Oct 25, 2017
Sign Guy Dudley had a Paul Heyman parody gimmick called Lou E. Dangerously. He fueded will Billy Corgan for a minute.

Professor Beef

Official ResetEra™ Chao Puncher
Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World
Who is the most obscure wrestler you remember. I used to watch a lot of WCW and I still remember Lash LeRoux, he was just a jobber but I liked him for some reason, I don't remember him ever winning a match though.
WCW had some loser named "Hardcore Hank" that was an obvious ripoff of Hardcore Holly. That was one of the few times I ever gave WCW a chance and I immediately changed the channel.
I got a tryout Monday for pro wrestling school. Wish me luck y'all
Good luck! I hope you have fun!

Oct 25, 2017

Kwang is someone who definitely came and went in WWE.

Barry Horrowitz, probably. I also remember being super into Nathan Jones at the time.

I wouldn't call him niche. He's pretty well known when you bring up jobbers.

Heromanz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
He got that roh and njpw crowd hot alright

Oct 8, 2019
Christ Matt Riddle, his wife, and and people around him are dumb

Who else would start a twitter account to harass his accuser?

justjim89

Nov 16, 2017
This Jeff Hardy angle sucks a lot, but I have no sympathy for Jeff after all the times he's fucked up. If they're gonna have him on TV taking up a spot that could be given to a guy without multiple arrests and wellness policy suspensions, they might as well give him shit.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
God, there are so many WCW saturday night jobbers going through my mind right now and I'm having a hard time drawing names.

I got Roadblock but everybody knows who Roadblock is. He's frickin Roadblock.

Last edited:

RolandGunner

Oct 30, 2017
I know he's not the same level of obscure as some of these other guys but Human Tornado dropping off the map still bums me out. He was one of my favorites in the mid-2000s when the indie scene was very feast or famine.

Serpentine

Oct 25, 2017
if we're talking longtime indie guys, AEW should get Eddie Kingston
Hade Vansen had like 2 vignettes and never debuted.

Also Tyson Kidd's goofy looking Diesel Jackson Andrews who only lasted a few shows.
Hade Vansen's name came up last month during the Speaking Out movement, strangely

Jackson Andrews abused Rosa Mendes so they have being pieces of shit in common

Lazybob

Banned
Oct 30, 2017

Hade Vansen's name came up last month during the Speaking Out movement, strangely

Cody actually tweeted he was considering Kingston for one of those open challenges the other day so maybe we see him at least for that.

justjim89

Nov 16, 2017
That was dumb as hell. But also, speaking objectively, even if Naomi is the best singer of the bunch the odds were stacked in her favor. All three of the others were singing songs sung by men in keys that seemed to be well outside of their respective comfort zones. Naomi's song was sung by a woman vocalist and in a key that was likely much more natural for her to sing in.

DarkstarIV

Feb 21, 2018
So if you missed it, you missed a god awful karaoke segment that will absolutely bomb in the ratings (or it should), a Lacey heel turn, and an absolutely shitty "match" (that barely got started before it ended in a no contest) that just emphasized how goddamn dire the Smackdown Women's Division is outside of Nikki, Sasha, and Bayley.

Oct 25, 2017
Is 'hate reading tweets' the new 'hate watching'?

I do occasionally read and comment in the viewing figure thread here on the site, but I don't bother reading anyone going on about it on twitter. It got boring.
People be hate-watching anything. Even this very thread.

that's ridiculous, both of you! Who would waste their time watching something they hate?

I think this is something we can all collectively shit on together.

Who watches this shit?

MG310

Oct 25, 2017

Shit, I remember hearing about stuff with Rosa and a boyfriend back then but didn't know that's who it was.