• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Professor Beef

Official ResetEra™ Chao Puncher
Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Kenny needs to complete his transformation back into shlock comedy guy by wrestling Doink the Clown or Los Psycho Circus and playing a guy thats afraid of clowns and doing the Seth Rollins screaming in the corner thing.

fuck, I miss Doink.

DarkstarIV

Feb 21, 2018
Viewership numbers are out

AEW: 715,000 (.28 in the demo)
NXT: 759,000 (.20 in the demo)

Both shows go down in viewership.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
j8Q4RbY.gif
This killed me the first time I saw it, I don't know what tone he was going for but I'm sure he missed the mark.

Hmm, maybe I should rename my cat after a dungeon, Misery Mire sounds good.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
NXT's main draw has and always will be the women.

If the show isn't at least 50% women, they're fucking up.

DarkstarIV

Feb 21, 2018
Keith Lee?

That'll put butts in seats!

I love Keith. :(
Would not be shocked if the result being leaked resulted in less people tuning in.

Also Dave Meltzer is back on his gimmick of claiming that Robert Stone is a parody of Tony Khan despite that theory being debunked long ago (Robert has had this same gimmick since he was a part of House of Hardcore in 2017).

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
Unless it's somebody like Aliyah, don't matter who it is, when it's a Women segment, their numbers go big up.

There should always be at least One Io segment, One Rhea Segment, One Teagan and Dakota segment. And get Bianca back down to NXT cause they're clearly not doing shit with her on the main roster.

DarkstarIV

Feb 21, 2018
Unless it's somebody like Aliyah, don't matter who it is, when it's a Women segment, their numbers go big up.

There should always be at least One Io segment, One Rhea Segment, One Teagan and Dakota segment. And get Bianca back down to NXT cause they're clearly not doing shit with her on the main roster.
Well next week we'll get to see what the drawing power of the women are. It seems like Tegan Nox vs Io Shirai for the title will be the main event. And running against Cage vs Mox for the title as well.

Oct 8, 2019
I think people are really overblowing how big the Cleaner character was in NJPW. Friendly reminder, in G1 26 (the one he won) he lost his first match to YOSHI-HASHI.

If your only experience with Kenny is his big singles matches, then yes, you want that back. But he very frequently played a goofball character when he was in multi-man tags on smaller and Road To shows. The night after his first match against Okada, he was in a comedy ten-man tag midway through the card where he lost to Tenzan, Kojima, Hiro Saito, fucking Cheeseburger, and Scott fucking Norton, teaming with Fale, the GOD, and Captain Bone Fooking New Japan Soldier.

This is Kenny, this is who he is, this is what he likes to do. He's a nerd, he's a weeb, he's a dork, he's funny, and he doesn't give a shit.

Bring Back Bone Soldier have Kenny Omega team with Bone Soldier, and then have Kenny Omega scream the word Boner throughout the match. New Boom Period.

and yes the video where Kenny Omega is sad that he lost everything he ever valued going to AEW, and being lonely in Tokyo is one of the most unintentionally hilarious things in years.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
Well next week we'll get to see what the drawing power of the women are. It seems like Tegan Nox vs Io Shirai for the title will be the main event. And running against Cage vs Mox for the title as well.
See, I wouldn't be surprised if they lose that. Moxley is somebody who consistently does big numbers for AEW. I don't expect them to get blown out, but I could see them losing that quarter.

DarkstarIV

Feb 21, 2018
See, I wouldn't be surprised if they lose that. Moxley is somebody who consistently does big numbers for AEW. I don't expect them to get blown out, but I could see them losing that quarter.
At the same time, its Brian Cage who isn't interesting, and no one thinks Moxley is losing. On top of that, the angle they aired last night with the FTW title was really dumb. At least the Impact and WWE fake title angles served/are serving a purpose. The FTW title angle is just being done because cheap heat.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
At the same time, its Brian Cage who isn't interesting, and no one thinks Moxley is losing. On top of that, the angle they aired last night with the FTW title was really dumb. At least the Impact and WWE fake title angles served/are serving a purpose. The FTW title angle is just being done because cheap heat.
really depends on the show is structured. I knew the girls did big numbers when Rhea's dumb match with Robert Stone almost tied Cody's segment after Oney Lorcan's match cratered NXT's views.

Stall_19

Oct 27, 2017
I've literally never seen anything from Brian Cage to get me excited for that match. FTR/Lucha Bros on the other hand, that should be great. Those 2 teams are total opposites, can't wait to see how they work together.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
Flippy Ricky would steal that spot if he could, unfortunately he's no longer booked on shows that can accumulate more than two people in OR around the ring at one time.

DarkstarIV

Feb 21, 2018
God why is AEW so goddamn bad at social media?

Yes, AEW won in the demo. But at the same time this kinda shit just makes Tony look lame.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
Wrestlers can't kidnap each other on AEW? lame
Where would we be without stuff like Joe being kidnapped by Ninjas, heck didn't the current NXT cruiserweight champ earn his faction that way? it's a part of the biz!

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
God why is AEW so goddamn bad at social media?

Yes, AEW won in the demo. But at the same time this kinda shit just makes Tony look lame.

This is more of a statement than Tony's issued regarding all of the sexual assault/harassment accusations several AEW wrestlers/talent have received.

Oct 25, 2017
Wrestlers can't kidnap each other on AEW? lame
Where would we be without stuff like Joe being kidnapped by Ninjas, heck didn't the current NXT cruiserweight champ earn his faction that way? it's a part of the biz!
this is one reason why Tony is a geek

This is more of a statement than Tony's issued regarding all of the sexual assault/harassment accusations several AEW wrestlers/talent have received.
this is why tony ain't shit

Duncan

Oct 25, 2017
Like I see where he's coming from and finding positivity in any situation has it's merits but

Tony is bordering on 'totally not owned' energy rn.

Stall_19

Oct 27, 2017
To me I look at the Demo stuff the same way I look at the electoral college. More people watched one show means more people watched one show.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
I've literally never seen anything from Brian Cage to get me excited for that match. FTR/Lucha Bros on the other hand, that should be great. Those 2 teams are total opposites, can't wait to see how they work together.
Are you familiar with him pre-AEW?

Always considered him pretty good, myself.

data west

Oct 25, 2017
More interested in Brian cage than Brodie Lee at least

Idk aews main event scene is fucking dire and there's no reason for it to be