• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
Talked about it long enough. Began work today on making a championship belt for a fighting game today.
I wanna do a Tatsunoko vs Capcom title belt for a first try. I'll be taking a page from the IWGP title and making the side plates covered in the names of all the game's roster and the main plate will have a spot for whoever holds this title to screw in their characters name plates. This means I'll need to make 2 of every character in TVC a name plate to use but whatever. In for a penny...

Printing a texture roller to lay down a nice background pattern on clay. I'll then trace and cut out that clay in the general shape of my side plates and main plate. Those textured clay shapes for the plates will then have more clay adornments cut out and layered on top of them to add things like borders, inlaid trims, etc. I may or may not indent slots for me to insert gemstones that I'll just cast with epoxy resin to put in...or buy rhinestones but its my first belt so fuckit I may not add em at all to the clay masters since I can dremel slots and add em later if needed anyhow.

From there I'll make a plaster mold off my clay masters of the plates and melt some Zinc ingots I got into them. Those Zinc casts of the plates will get buffed, polished and refined then I'll electroplate them with a nice super shiny nickel plating and go over specific areas of that with gold electroplating. Not really hard to do that. You can make your own electroplating solutions with metal, vinegar, salt and two chunks of the desired metal alloy hooked to a 9v battery dipped in the solution or just buy the solutions for like $20 to $30 bucks (diy electroplating or electroetching is a thing. Look it up. Its piss easy.)

After that I've been working at leather stamping and leatherwork lately so I'll just get some vegetable tan leather, prep it with a pattern using metal stamps and a hammer, stain it seal it, and stitch a backing and pop eyelits on. I'll mount the plates by casting Chicago Screws in em so they'll just screw to the leather. I may hafta 3d print some more leather stamps for shit or even be forced to print out molds to cast all the name plates of the roster but meh not hard. Poly primitive with a text 3d image cast and rapped to em then boolean that to indent the poly primitive with an engraved name. Tada. Done.

Anyhoo thats the process for what I'm gonna do. Never did this before but I've done a lotta casting and sculpting in the past so hopefully it does well.
I took vacation to relax and this is what I hope to work on. As I finalize plate designs in clay or whatever I'll post images.

Avengers23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Remember when I said that AEW fully enters fuck off territory if they book Brian Pillman Jr.?

Enjoy keeping WWE company in the full fuck off territory, AEW.

Deleted member 14377

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Me: Wanting and asking for people of color on the roster

AEW: *Signs Bryan Pillman Jr.*

🙃🙃🙃🙃

data west

Oct 25, 2017
Dudes on twitter:
The Elite would never sign someone like Tessa
The Elite didnt know about Chasyn Rance
The Elite didnt know about Marty
The Elite didnt know about Flip
The Elite didnt know about

Oct 8, 2019
JavarJLK is clearly an expert on all things about Matt Riddle's hair.

Also Matt Riddle accusing her of being a stalker when she would have photos of him having an affair with her is beyond stupid.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
What happened to AEW promoting Scorpio Sky?
The past month's (post-Double or Nothing, pre-Fyter Fest) storyline didn't feature SCU prominently, but did establish that Scorpio Sky is now focusing on singles competition while Kazarian + Daniels are doing the tag team. So they got him 3 wins on Dark to build up his record. He's now 3-0 in singles in 2020, just outside of the top 5 rankings. He's in a good position to have a story between Fyter and All Out, but we'll see whether they push him or have him keep slowly building just out of the spotlight.

Slightconfuse

Oct 25, 2017
This is A MATCH
EcLJuuhUEAEm0FI

RedHoodedOwl

Nov 3, 2017
The past month's (post-Double or Nothing, pre-Fyter Fest) storyline didn't feature SCU prominently, but did establish that Scorpio Sky is now focusing on singles competition while Kazarian + Daniels are doing the tag team. So they got him 3 wins on Dark to build up his record. He's now 3-0 in singles in 2020, just outside of the top 5 rankings. He's in a good position to have a story between Fyter and All Out, but we'll see whether they push him or have him keep slowly building just out of the spotlight.

Scorpio had one match with Jericho and he gradually disappeared into the background.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Scorpio had one match with Jericho and he gradually disappeared into the background.
That was what, in November? He was tag team champion well before that and well after. Definitely disappeared after SCU lost the belts at the end of January, though. Then he wasn't a part of the COVID-19 tapings and chose to stay home after filming started again, too. Kept him off-camera for several months. It's possible he's still limiting how much he travels, cuz fuck wrestling while COVID-19's worse than ever. If not, definitely hope he's getting a push soon.

RedHoodedOwl

Nov 3, 2017
That was what, in November? He was tag team champion well before that and well after. Definitely disappeared after SCU lost the belts at the end of January, though. Then he wasn't a part of the COVID-19 tapings and chose to stay home after filming started again, too. Kept him off-camera for several months. It's possible he's still limiting how much he travels, cuz fuck wrestling while COVID-19's worse than ever. If not, definitely hope he's getting a push soon.

Pineapple Pete only had a squash match with Jericho.

DarkstarIV

Feb 21, 2018

I see Ikemen is still working dates. Wasn't he gonna be apart of the same NXT class as Sareee? Does this mean Sareee could still take some bookings? Could the Mayu match still happen?

Ikemen is no longer part of WWE. Sareee still is apparently. She tweeted about how she wanted to go over in March, but couldn't. Right now she's providing analysis and commentary for the Japanese broadcast of Friday Night Smackdown until she can move over to the US. But she mentioned in a Q&A session that WWE is letting her stay in Japan until the covid situation improves.

Duncan

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone want to watch Shida play Ring Fit Adventure for 22 minutes straight? Well, you can now.

No lie, Ring Fit Adventure looks dope. Not 800 dollars dope tho lol.

DarkstarIV

Feb 21, 2018
Who cares about wrestling rating wars when you have the real viewership war between Asuka and Shida???

DarkstarIV

Feb 21, 2018
In other news, AEW's social media guy continues to be awful.

Unless this is intentional in which case, yikes.

(e: Tweet was deleted, but it was advertising Jimmy Havoc for a match on Wednesday)

blackrogue13

Nov 21, 2018

(e: Tweet was deleted, but it was advertising Jimmy Havoc for a match on Wednesday)

Probably the old image. After all kip and havoc were in pentagon and fenixs position initially. Still not doing great at the job though is he.

Lazybob

Banned
Oct 30, 2017

The Havoc thing? The pics floating around show it was actually the AEWonTNT account so not Jeff (the usual incopmpetent guy). The AEWonTNT account hadn't fucked up like that before. Unless Jeff also did it after them and I'm unaware.

Last edited: