• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
Refuse to believe Snowden actually operates this account, because how can you possibly be so oblivious as to tweet something like that from fucking Russia.
Well, Ruptly appears to be the the original source for the video. Don't see anything wrong there.
The fanbase that self-serving, disingenuous assholes like Assange and Greenwald have accumulated on the left will never make any sense to me.
Okay, Greenwald now is an asshole too? Why?
I'm all for admiring Snowden for what he did, but the more he hides out in Russia and actively makes tweets like this ignoring someone being charged with fucking rape, the more my stomach twists with distaste.
The arrest of Assange is based on the conspiracy allegations and Snowden cannot go anywhere else.
He is a rapist who sabotaged our election to elect Donald Trump.
Can you please stop spamming posts which present allegations as facts?

Rampage

Oct 27, 2017
Metro Detriot
Why are you still conflating what I'm supposedly okay with with what Assange is charged with? If he was charged with rape, that'd be totally fine, as I said about a dozen times now. But he isn't. And that's the only fact that makes it not okay. It's really not that hard.

Because you seem to be perfectly fine with the death and mayhem that Assange has done under the guise of "whistleblower". You moral are highly doubts. You have yet to show any sympathy for the people directly hurt by Assange's actions. You value protecting"whistleblowers" more than protecting the innocent.

Deleted member 54292

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 27, 2019
"I am to be real American voter and genuine user of this web platform. Is not Wikileaks the good guys? "
giphy.gif

adj_noun

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It's been neat watching the usual right wing holes drop the JOURNALISTS ARE EVIL SCUM routine when it comes to Assange.

DorkLord54

Oct 27, 2017
Michigan
Why not? Rotting in a jail for the rest of his life would be justice served.

He is a rapist who sabotaged our election to elect Donald Trump.
Because their extraditing him for leaking American war crimes, not for his poorly-redacted info 'accidentally' revealing the info of opposition voters throughout Turkey or for his rape charges in Sweden. It sets an absolutely terrible precedent, as it would de facto allow the US and NatSec ghouls to charge foreign whistleblowers for exposing their heinous shit.

Feb 2, 2019
I am. Cause not all whistle blowers are good guys.

Be honest with yourself, why are you okay with the crimes he has done? Death doesn't seem to bother you. Nor does rape. Nor does the selective release of information. Nor does illegally getting information. Where is all the RNC data that Russian and Wikeleaks obtained? You seem to be fine with whistleblower being able to direct direction of country under the fear blackmail. You want whistle blowers to have that power?

Yeah, couldn't care less about the bolded. When it comes to public affairs, I don't give a single shit if the leaked informations are obtained illegally.

Rampage

Oct 27, 2017
Metro Detriot
Yeah, couldn't care less about the bolded. When it comes to public affairs, I don't give a single shit if the leaked informations are obtained illegally and you shouldn't too.

You don't give a shit that private medical files of rape victims were released? You would have no provblem if someone hacked your information and made it public to the world. In the name of whistleblowing.

Irminsul

Oct 25, 2017
Because you seem to be perfectly fine with the death and mayhem that Assange has done under the guise of "whistleblower". You moral are highly doubts. You have yet to show any sympathy for the people directly hurt by Assange's actions. You value protecting"whistleblowers" more than protecting the innocent.
How do you come to that conclusion? I'm just not fine with throwing whatever at people I don't like, damn the cost and long-term implications. Assange isn't worth it. But I guess someone supporting capital punishment, the epitome of all vengeance under the guise of justice, won't understand that.

See, I can throw around completely exaggerated stuff too. Doesn't really further the discussion, though. So maybe stop inferring a complete psychological profile of people you're interacting with on the basis of a few posts on an internet forum.

Deleted member 48205

Banned
Sep 30, 2018
He is a rapist and a pro-Trump stooge, it's not surprising people are going to react very angerly towards someone being positive about him.
I sincerely apologize for not being up to date on this subject. I wasn't being positive about him, I simply asked why people turned on him because I thought he was a considered a guy until this thread
Stop accusing me of shit and get off my back

Whompa

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Something that started out with decent intentions, turned into a Russian propaganda shithole...sad turn that Wikileaks took

skullmuffins

Oct 25, 2017
if they're charging him for hacking and not simply publishing leaks, all of the problematic implications disappear yeah?
I wouldn't say it makes all the problematic implications disappear - there are still plenty of lawyers and journalists in my twitter feed expressing some concern - but it's definitely a lot less problematic.

Feb 2, 2019
You don't give a shit that private medical files of rape victims were released? You would have no provblem if someone hacked your information and made it public to the world. In the name of whistleblowing.

Learn about what a public affair is. I'm not ok with the above informations being leaked because that has nothing to do with corruption or politics. The fact that it was illegally obtained has nothing to do with it.

Rampage

Oct 27, 2017
Metro Detriot
How do you come to that conclusion? I'm just not fine with throwing whatever at people I don't like, damn the cost and long-term implications. Assange isn't worth it. But I guess someone supporting capital punishment, the epitome of all vengeance under the guise of justice, won't understand that.

See, I can throw around completely exaggerated stuff too. Doesn't really further the discussion, though. So maybe stop inferring a complete psychological profile of people you're interacting with on the basis of a few posts on an internet forum.

So you refuse to answer my direct questions?

There would be no infering to be done if you would just say- yes- Assange was complete scum for releasing private information of rape victims, gay people, and other who would desalinated by targeted by their government for being born gay or a women. You seem to be fine with the capital punishment done to these people in the name of whistleblowing.

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, couldn't care less about the bolded. When it comes to public affairs, I don't give a single shit if the leaked informations are obtained illegally.

WikiLeaks would subtly edit the "leaks" to show what they wanted to show in some cases.

And you're only getting leaks that benefit rheir goals, not the full story either.

Irminsul

Oct 25, 2017
So you refuse to answer my direct questions?
I already answered them, I don't know what more there is to say. Just to repeat: I'm fine with Assange being charged with a lot of things he has done including rape, just not with what he is currently being charged with. But I've already said that a dozen times or so.

Onyar

Nov 1, 2017
The guy can be an asshole, and probably Wikileaks is not that clear politically-speaking, but that doesn't deny that the leaks where true.

OrdinaryPrime

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The arrest of Assange is based on the conspiracy allegations and Snowden cannot go anywhere else.

I understand what the arrest of Assange is about. However, now that he's going to be extradicted, the Swedish government can also charge him with rape. They only stopped pursuing it because he fled.

Deleted member 19003

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Assange leaking the Snowden NSA stuff and the Chelsea Manning CIA stuff was on behalf of Russia, not White Knight whistleblowing in the name of freedom or justice. Helping Donald Trump win by releasing hacked DNC stuff was also on behalf of Russia. Snowden & Manning are pawns. Trump is a puppet.

So everyone here saying Assange was exposing all this shit in the name of freedom, privacy & transparency need to open their own eyes. This was all a coordinated US-destabilization scheme by Russia, meant to promote Russian interests. The fact that this exposed some nefarious US intelligence activities was used as a cover. It was a side-effect, NOT a purpose. To think it was anything otherwise is playing right into Russia's agenda.

Assange is a 100% Russian stooge, from start to finish, and made a lot of money from it. A profiteer who was able to manipulate the heartstrings of American (and anti-American) privacy crusaders and backseat war crime tribunalists to make himself some easy money working with hostile foreign powers and oligarchs.

Anyone who thinks this was all some glorious moral checking-and-balancing of US power is deluded. It was meant to do exactly what it accomplished - sew strife and division within the American populace and government and to promote Russian interests.

You have been played.

---And I haven't even TOUCHED upon the rape allegations.
Truth.

Deleted member 176

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't say it makes all the problematic implications disappear - there are still plenty of lawyers and journalists in my twitter feed expressing some concern - but it's definitely a lot less problematic.
Do they know? It was sort of a buried lead. Like I can see people getting concerned that publishers are arrested, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

I can see people thinking whistle blowing in general doesn't deserve jail time like with Chelsea Manning... but I don't mind in this case if it puts Assange in jail and the precedent is already there.

Hollywood Duo

Oct 25, 2017
The guy can be an asshole, and probably Wikileaks is not that clear politically-speaking, but that doesn't deny that the leaks where true.
Without the full story they are useless. It's like if 2 people got in a fight and you leak the fact that one guy threw a punch but you leave out the part it was in self defense because the other guy started it. All you are doing is furthering a particular political agenda which is the absolute opposite of what a whistle blower should be.

Feb 2, 2019
User Banned (1 Week): Consistent pattern of hostile and antagonistic behavior over a variety of threads
Snowden has proven to be a known shit stirrer and has shit opinions. Openly dressed MET detectives are now UK secret police ? You want to know about secret police ask your host Putin.

An internet random talking shit about someone who sacrificed everything to let everyone know that "USA's watching you" wasn't a conspiracy but the factual truth. Snowden is 100 times the hero you dream to be poor lad. You're just clearly to dumb to realize it.

Vas

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not American, and you're an asshole for mocking my English

Don't take it personal, I didn't even see your post. If you want to get technical, Russian trolls usually have good English. Too good, actually, as 99% of it is copy-pasta based on things real Conservatives in America are saying. But, I like to do the Rocky and Bullwinkle spy stereotype for lols when you see folks JAQing.

Rampage

Oct 27, 2017
Metro Detriot
I already answered them, I don't know what more there is to say. Just to repeat: I'm fine with Assange being charged with a lot of things he has done including rape, just not with what he is currently being charged with. But I've already said that a dozen times or so.

When you said you would be happy with letting Assange go to protect whistle blower, that is where you morals came into question. You willing to let a person who has done harm to other people go for an idea. Assange is not a whistleblower anymore- he has not been for along time.

Onyar

Nov 1, 2017
he was sitting on tons of damaging info about Russia but refuses to leak those

Ass-ange is a russia bot
He can be whatever, if the story is real doesn't invalidate the act.

Without the full story they are useless. It's like if 2 people got in a fight and you leak the fact that one guy threw a punch but you leave out the part it was in self defense because the other guy started it. All you are doing is furthering a particular political agenda which is the absolute opposite of what a whistle blower should be.
No, you can perfectly understand a massacre by the us army or a hacking to foreing countries.
What you probably trying to say is that russia, china or other is doing the same, agreed.
But that doesn't remove the guilty.

Deleted member 36622

Banned
Dec 21, 2017
Where do you live? I think it's complicated as far as Snowden. Back in 2013 I thought so too. But the last six years, being stuck in Russia, I just have an issue with a lot of his tweets from that account.

In Europe he's considered a hero by most people. He raised questions on how much control US has even on European countries.

He would have chosen other countries for asylum if they weren't so scared of USA's reactions.

Hollywood Duo

Oct 25, 2017
He can be whatever, if the story is real doesn't invalidate the act.

No, you can perfectly understand a massacre by the us army or a hacking to foreing countries.
What you probably trying to say is that russia, china or other is doing the same, agreed.
But that doesn't remove the guilty.
I'm saying if you withhold leaking information you are painting a political story and that is unethical at best.