• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
There have only been a few moments I've felt the pacing has been anything but refreshing compared to a lot of its predecessors and contemporaries. Sure it means it goes too fast in some cases but those are few and far between for me personally.
Yaga and maki stuff is honestly the only time where i had issues with pacing

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017

I honestly didn't have much issue with Maki even. People wanted more from Mai and she was never important outside of Maki herself and the one time she shoot a rifle at Kenjaku. Maki's chapters have been some of my favorites since Shibuya ended.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
Mai and the Yaga's deaths: speed-run that shit

New character introduction: yeah, I guess we can take a full chapter for backstory

That was a great chapter, but I'm getting some pacing whiplash here lol
The pacing has always been jjk's biggest issue to me

Chapter itself was hard af though once that ending hit

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
Yeah, there is a very noticeable stretch where the pacing feels rushed.

Otherwise, I have no problem with JJK pacing most of the time...

...oh but there is that one part in Hidden Inventory where Gege straight up jumps over shit with a small summary of events.

Yeah, that too.

But otherwise, I like it.

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
If we do get an arc where the young sorcerers and other Gojo-aligned people go against the establishment, Gojo will be out.

It would be weird for him to miss out on the revolution he has craved for so long.

Gustaf

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
we already knew about Yaga's past because we knew about Panda's past, no need to go further into that if he was getting killed anyways, could be what gete thought.

any more information about Yaga would be presented with Panda.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
5ncqec.jpg

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
No seriously, the entire chapter is Gege taking a dump on the Japanese court system.

Kinda hilarious, yet nice to see this kind of content in your Jump manga about magic teens punching monsters and each other.

Tabaxi

Nov 18, 2018
The culling game is really starting to feel like the Succession arc in HxH, with all the new rules, characters and different motivations running against each other .

(Hopefully this one finishes.)

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
It has some SW aspects (mainly gu/kodoku and Morena's Contagion), but it's more Greed Island + Gantz (though idk if Gege has read it).

Last edited:

Deleted member 2779

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
On one hand, I don't want to hold my breath and hope they don't turn him into another disposable villain, but on the other, Gege did say tear all that shit down with the Zenin's.

Syntsui

Oct 25, 2017
I don't expect to see Gojo until the absolute end game with a full power Megumi possessed by Sukuna fucking shit up. Putting him on the table earlier would undermine the other characters that are being introduced.

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
He's gonna come back and job to Sukuna.
I'm imagining something more like an Enemy Mine, where they're about to throw down with Sukuna, they unseal Gojo as their big trump card, and oops prison realm made him as nuts as Sukuna so they throw down. Gojo wins, now he's the big bad.

edo_kid

Oct 27, 2017
Damn the chapter came out early seeing all this post from friday lol I'm late then.

So crazy defense lawyer that snapped because of how one-sided japanese legal system is... I like it lol and he been putting in some major work judging these fuckers.

convo

Oct 25, 2017
No seriously, the entire chapter is Gege taking a dump on the Japanese court system.

Kinda hilarious, yet nice to see this kind of content in your Jump manga about magic teens punching monsters and each other.
Seriously, i love the intensity of this guy, he seems about ready to reach out for the truth fully fed up with the system. I don't expect much coddling from Gege in regards to this shit he very obviously hates. It's one way to parallel social injustice with magic shonen anime organizations and another thing to just have it in here laid out like this.

RJeddy

Dec 4, 2017
I think I'm confused by something about the Culling Game - could someone clarify it for me? I initially assumed that all the participants were older sorcerers like Sukuna who emerged from within normal people's bodies via Geto's meddling over the years. But now my understanding on the latest chapter after seeing this lawyer is that they are actually just normal people who have acquired powers (unknowingly) from Geto - no older sorcerer souls involved?

convo

Oct 25, 2017
I think I'm confused by something about the Culling Game - could someone clarify it for me? I initially assumed that all the participants were older sorcerers like Sukuna who emerged from within normal people's bodies via Geto's meddling over the years. But now my understanding on the latest chapter after seeing this lawyer is that they are actually just normal people who have acquired powers (unknowingly) from Geto - no older sorcerer souls involved?
Some of them are old dudes from the past, some got their potential awakaned, some ingested cursed objects, it's a free for all for anything. The plan is to get as many diverse cursed energy users gathered around to cause chaos in a battle royale and from it new cursed stuff will evolve that Kenjaku couldn't make through his own experiments and body.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Kenjaku did both he made a bunch of contracts with ancient sorcerer and sealed them inside people and he marked people that were similar to Junpei people who had curse technique but weren't awakened yet yet and used Mahito idle transfiguration to change their bodies in order to be sorcerers
Mahito did something similar to Junpei to speed up his development
Tsumiki megumi sister was marked and likely why she was in a coma until she was awakened

The lawyer was likely someone who had potential but wasn't awakened likely until Kenjaku did the mass idle transfiguration

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
It is both the the ancient sorcerers Kenjaku made contracts with (the Angel person who could help release Gojo, the dude who skewered a guy last chapter) as well as the modern people he has selected to give powers to (Tsumiki, this lawyer dude, the comedian dude who was implied to have a power similar to Nanami's).

If I understand correctly, the ancient sorcerers have been incarnated by turning randos into vessels like Yuji.

Another category of players is anyone who enters one of the battle zones, including non-sorcerers.
he marked people that were similar to Junpei people who had curse technique but weren't awakened yet
So basically, does this mean that some non-sorcerers have latent CTs that they simply can't use because their brains aren't built different?

This kind of shit makes Geto's (I mean the real one) fantasy bigotry even more non-sensical. He really was off his rocker.

Last edited: