• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
maybe the gojo and kamo clan dont want a clan where the women are in charge?

this in the case of maki leaving kids and women alive
Well, in the case of Maki leaving women and the like alive, sexism aside, if the three great clans' status is based on their power and ability to field sorcerers, it makes sense to question the presence of a clan that got its entire fighting force (or at least the parts their power was based on) erased from the census.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
maybe the gojo and kamo clan dont want a clan where the women are in charge?

this in the case of maki leaving kids and women alive
Probably not women exclusively but untrained sorcerers because women weren't even given training Mai and Maki were exceptions and Mai was basically being punished by being forced to be one

Though I'm not denying some sexism

Gustaf

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Well, in the case of Maki leaving women and the like alive, sexism aside, if the three great clans' status is based on their power and ability to field sorcerers, it makes sense to question the presence of a clan that got its entire fighting force (or at least the parts their power was based on) erased from the census.
Probably not women exclusively but untrained sorcerers because women weren't even given training Mai and Maki were exceptions and Mai was basically being punished by being forced to be one

Though I'm not denying some sexism

if satoru has taught us something is that jujutsu sorcery dont like change, so a change in magament in one of the 3 main claims, feels like something they would try to avoid.

but yeah, not necesarly because women would remain in charge, but because the change in administration

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
This is the thing, yeah. It's 6 of one and half a dozen of the others, but even if the other two clans aren't sexist (doubt), the Zenins lost all of their trained fighters at minimum during Maki's rampage precisely because they're so sexist; even if the women were spared as noncombatants, they wouldn't be trained sorcerers because of Zenin prejudices. So they probably don't qualify as a major power anymore.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Wait is Kiara trans or very feminine man, a femboy if you will
Or do they mean the other third year

Roliq

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 23, 2018
Wait is Kiara trans or very feminine man, a femboy if you will
Or do they mean the other third year

Hakari is the guy they are looking for, Kirara appears to be his girlfriend

Edit: ignore this, i didn't think we already had new spoilers

Last edited:

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Hakari is the guy they are looking for, Kirara appears to be his girlfriend
New spoilers have Yuji said he thought the other third year is a dude when he heard the name (guess its a feminine Japanese name well so is megumi but whatever Toji didn't care) and Panda said he is

SneakersSO

Banned
Oct 24, 2017
North America
Man, this is really hype ngl. I'm glad Gege is simply showcasing Megumi's clear power-up versus having a whole arc building up to him gaining it. I can't wait to see Megumi's first major conflict now.

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
This fight club intermission has been pretty fun and it is a nice change of pace to have some lower-stakes conflict for a breather.

The way Kirara's CT is oddly reminiscent of Satoru's Infinity makes me entertain the possibility of Kirara actually being a Gojo. It really seems like it could be an offshoot or a form of Limitless.

Last edited:

Gustaf

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
This fight club intermission has been pretty fun and it is a nice change of pace to have some lower-stakes conflict for a breather.

The way Kirara's CT is oddly reminiscent of Satoru's Infinity makes me entertain the possibility of her actually being a Gojo. It really seems like it could be an offshoot or a form of Limitless.

Panda said he is a man, no?

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
fushigoro says kirara-senpai

and panda shouts "kirara wait we are not your enemies"

so i assumed.

people seem to be waiting for the official translation tho
Oh

I kinda skimmed over that bit of dialogue and thought the line was about the third third-year.
i thought senpai is gender neutral
Megumi asked whether the other 3rd year was a man after hearing Kiara name but again translation

Though funny if it's accurate since Megumi is a feminine name so he shouldn't assume lol

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
fushigoro says kirara-senpai

and panda shouts "kirara wait we are not your enemies"

so i assumed.

people seem to be waiting for the official translation tho
I went back to see that bit of dialogue and yeah, it does seem like they are talking about Kirara. Bringing up the third unseen third-year would make little sense for the topic of the conversation.

i thought senpai is gender neutral
Megumi asked whether the other 3rd year was a man after hearing Kiara name but again translation

Though funny if it's accurate since Megumi is a feminine name so he shouldn't assume lol
Gonna wait for the translation, but if Megumi wasn't asking about Kirara's gender, then the dialogue is really weird.

-"Damn, Kirara's technique is preventing me from confronting Hakari!"
-"Kirara, huh? Anyway let me randomly inquire about the gender of the third third-year student who isn't even present here and is completely irrelevant to the task at hand."
-"A man"
-"Good to know. Back to the topic of Kirara..."

Yeah they gotta be talking about Kirara

Last edited:

Roliq

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 23, 2018
lol in the subreddit the post got closed, no surprises on guessing why

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
When Cyber-Nobara comes back, everyone is fucked.

Can't wait for her to show up looking like Tao
dd4xp09-f55392b0-f161-4c49-b060-0e4690ed5599.png

Tabaxi

Nov 18, 2018
When this chapter is animated in like 2025 I need a Jujutsu stroll of Panda trying to teach Yuji how to lie.

Looks like Kirara's technique works by giving their piercings a positive or negative magnetic charge that repels and attracts. Sort of like Gojo's technique except it only confuses the Insane Clown Posse.

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
When this chapter is animated in like 2025 I need a Jujutsu stroll of Panda trying to teach Yuji how to lie.

Looks like Kirara's technique works by giving their piercings a positive or negative magnetic charge that repels and attracts. Sort of like Gojo's technique except it only confuses the Insane Clown Posse.
Is it the piercings though?

I thought the points of "magnetism" were those star markings. Panda has one on his butt and one is on the door.

Kirara has all of the piercings on after marking all these people (except for one panel where it is likely just Gege's omission).

Tabaxi

Nov 18, 2018
Is it the piercings though?

I thought the points of "magnetism" were those star markings. Panda has one on his butt and one is on the door.

Kirara has all of the piercings on after marking all these people (except for one panel where it is likely just Gege's omission).

It looked like the piercings hit Megumi and Divine Dog after that panel. Maybe the piercings fly back after they mark something with a star? Although, yeah, it is possible Gege just forgot to draw them in that one panel.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Either we get gay or trans representation either way cool

Though feminine presenting men is not unusual in manga but at least it's not a joke i guess

Also Fushiguro been leveling up his shadow manipulation he's probably now the most versatile of the heroes

Chase

Oct 25, 2017
153-154
Nice that the series is back. Liked these two chapters a lot. More light hearted, or at least less grim, Yuji/Megumi (and Panda!) time is welcome. Was hoping Tsumiki would get to go with them but that was off the table once we found out they were expecting a fight. Sounds like they will plan to enter the culling game alongside her, so hopefully not too long until we get to see her interact with Yuji and Megumi.

Hakari/Kirari back and forth has been fun so far. Excited to see more of them and their cursed techniques.

Weeks late, but surprised to see Megumi Ogata as the va for Yuta. I can kind of see it though.

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
Real talk:

When did Megumi find time to train up on that shadow stuff? Perhaps finally summoning Mahoraga gave him some sort of deeper insight into shadow stuff.

Before this, we have only seen him doing stuff like that while Domain Expansion was active, which I assume boost all of his abilities.

Chase

Oct 25, 2017
Author comment was also funny this week.

Chapter title game taking a hit after a year + of Shibuya incident part x