• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

convo

Oct 25, 2017
It was abrupt but I liked what was there and Naoya's death was fitting for a sleaze ball like him.
Also a call back to his earlier comments about women needing to get stabbed in the back and die.

This was a rushed chapter in a way i was confused why Naoya couldn't use cursed energy there at the end, unless a punch from Maki closed his chakra gates or something.

convo

Oct 25, 2017
I know there is a good translation and interpretation of the arc name "perfect preparation", but i could see this name being about what Maki went through here being perfect preparation for the big culling game. Time passed when Maki went to assassinate the rest of the clan, i would assume that and the verdict from the other clans happened before the culling game started in earnest, or the clans kept on being unconcerned about that thing for a while.

pochi

Oct 25, 2017
Cool Nen ability.
1roobtgfs0671.jpg

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
I know there is a good translation and interpretation of the arc name "perfect preparation", but i could see this name being about what Maki went through here being perfect preparation for the big culling game. Time passed when Maki went to assassinate the rest of the clan, i would assume that and the verdict from the other clans happened before the culling game started in earnest, or the clans kept on being unconcerned about that thing for a while.
I was honestly surprised when I realized that Perfect Preparation was just the Zenin mini-arc. I thought it would have covered the other characters preparing for the Culling Game. Namely, Yuji and Megumi recruiting Hakari.

Speaking of Hakari, I do hope there's more to him than being a Todo 2.0 with different interests. All the bits and pieces we've learned about him so far make him sound like a different Todo, but we'll see.

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
Honestly, one scene bugs me in Volume 0.

Gojo sending Panda and Inumaki to stall Geto instead of teleporting over to kick his ass was so weird. I don't remember what reason he had, but it seems almost out of character in relation to the main series.

Perhaps they could add some justification about how Geto's people had set up some sorta countermeasure that stopped Gojo specifically from teleporting (like the anti-Gojo veil in Goodwill Event arc, but since it only concerns teleporting, it could be more effective).

I also kinda expect the movie to play Miguel up, as well as his rope.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017

Gojo sending Panda and Inumaki to stall Geto instead of teleporting over to kick his ass was so weird. I don't remember what reason he had, but it seems almost out of character in relation to the main series.

Perhaps they could add some justification about how Geto's people had set up some sorta countermeasure that stopped Gojo specifically from teleporting (like the anti-Gojo veil in Goodwill Event arc, but since it only concerns teleporting, it could be more effective).

This feels like prototype weirdness because yeah why send two first years against at that point the second strongest sorcerer in Japan

Yay alliteration

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017

Gojo was definitely a lot weaker in volume 0 than he ended up in the main timeline. I'm expecting them to have to tweak the story to accommodate that.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Gojo was definitely a lot weaker in volume 0 than he ended up in the main timeline. I'm expecting them to have to tweak the story to accommodate that.
Ironically this made Miguel with rope a lot more impressive since he lasted longer than the disaster curses

They could simply have him be busy helping the sorcerers against some special grades

Chase

Oct 25, 2017
Excited for the movie. I thought that we may get more Yuta/Rika before it released, but with him going off on his own, the hiatus, and there being more prior to the culling game than I was expecting maybe we won't get an explanation on Rika being back before the movie.
His faith in Geto! Worked out better here than the Shibuya I have faith in everyone :(
ziiy3Pa.png

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
Excited for the movie. I thought that we may get more Yuta/Rika before it released, but with him going off on his own, the hiatus, and there being more prior to the culling game than I was expecting maybe we won't get an explanation on Rika being back before the movie.

His faith in Geto! Worked out better here than the Shibuya I have faith in everyone :(
ziiy3Pa.png
"You see, I sent you to fight this powerful N2 (although maybe Yuki's stronger, who knows) sorcerer, because I was sure that his Sorcerer Supremacist ass wouldn't kill young sorce-... oh shit, Maki, I'm sorry."

Honestly Gojo taking a bet on Yuta and Geto's mercy would still make more sense if he couldn't teleport over and beat Geto's ass in under two minutes for whatever reason.

Also someone remind me, but the previous Goodwill Event happened BEFORE the Night of hundred Demons, right? What if we get to see that?

Yeah, the most telling indication of that was the scene where Geto is talking about the importance of capturing Rika and how their chances of winning against the combined forces of Jujutsu society are low, but with Rika the chance of success in 99%. Like, at no point does he acknowledge the fact that the other side has a mortal god in their ranks. It is not even just an insinuation that Rika could beat Gojo (pfft lol). His strength isn't really factored into the dialogue the way it should be.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
"You see, I sent you to fight this powerful N2 (although maybe Yuki's stronger, who knows) sorcerer, because I was sure that his Sorcerer Supremacist ass wouldn't kill young sorce-... oh shit, Maki, I'm sorry."

Honestly Gojo taking a bet on Yuta and Geto's mercy would still make more sense if he couldn't teleport over and beat Geto's ass in under two minutes for whatever reason.

Also someone remind me, but the previous Goodwill Event happened BEFORE the Night of hundred Demons, right? What if we get to see that?

Yeah, the most telling indication of that was the scene where Geto is talking about the importance of capturing Rika and how their chances of winning against the combined forces of Jujutsu society are low, but with Rika the chance of success in 99%. Like, at no point does he acknowledge the fact that the other side has a mortal god in their ranks. It is not even just an insinuation that Rika could beat Gojo (pfft lol). His strength isn't really factored into the dialogue the way it should be.
The characters don't seem to be impressed by Miguel
Who in my headcannon now is stronger than jogo

Tabaxi

Nov 18, 2018

This made me realize the mortality rate for fathers and father figures is this series is basically "everyone is dead except for Gojo" at this point.

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
Kenjaku best mom

If any of Nobara's relative's ever becomes relevant, it will probably be Nobara's grandmother who trained her in Jujutsu. I would love a cool feisty granny in the manga.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well we know the real reason Gege went on hiatus. He supervised Yuta's new hairstyle for the movie. I'm guessing Inumaki as well.

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
There are people who think that Maki is gonna turn into some sorta antagonist now or be at odds with other students and I don't really see it at all.

Yuji: "Maki! What have you done?! You have killed all those people, including innocent *checks notes* Hei and Kukuru members who weren't at the compound! Our crew could never condone such wanton killing. Isn't that right, MY BROTHER CHOSO?!"

Megumi's ideology is that there are people who are worth saving and those who are not. Nobara has a circle of people in her head who she cares a lot about, which Maki is a part of, and she doesn't assign equal value to lives of people outside of that group. Had Zenins succeeded in their plot to assassinate Maki, Yuta would have likely gone over to the Zenin clan and fed the same group of people to Rika. Panda would say something about how this kind of moral outrage is for humans, not him. Inumaki too would likely not foresake his friend over finally snapping at some shitbags who abused her all her life and tried to kill her.

Literally the only guy who could have some great moral problems over what Maki did is Yuji... and he is fraternizing with a dude who has killed actual innocents and is an accomplice to the Shibuya Incident.

Unless Maki goes after Megumi because curse (which would be fucking stupid), I don't see them turning on her at all.

Last edited:

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Most people seem to forget that the vast majority of jujutsu sorcerers are fucking crazy. I don't see many of them even barring an eye with the culling game on the horizon.

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
Anyone else find Rika's profile sketchy AF

4a93defa05cfd37e30701812c156bac1f6bcc64f.jpg

I really don't think that Yuta's CE is the only reason she became such a powerful Curse after her death...

Like either she was on some child serial killer shit or was a victim of serious abuse (the bit about disliking older men raises some flags) or both.

I wonder if the movie is gonna expand on this stuff a bit. Like a scene of Ijichi giving Gojo a report about her background or something.

Last edited:

AquaWateria

Oct 25, 2017
Feels bad man I kinda fell off with Jujutsu Kaisen. I gotta catch up at some point.

I think after a no-show with Nobara it made me stop reading it for a bit. I'm probably waiting until she shows up or if there's an official confirmation that she's dead lol.

It kinda reminds me of when Yuji and the cast were separated after his death and more focus was on Yuji instead of the others. Except this is the opposite with the cast being separated from Nobara with nothing said about the latter.

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
Like, Gege introduced a whole-ass character just to give the reader a hope that she ain't dead.

It'd be some weird-ass shit to dance around the issue for so long and then go "lol she dead". I think she's gonna come back and that the theory's of her grasping RCT for a power-up will come true.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Like, Gege introduced a whole-ass character just to give the reader a hope that she ain't dead.

It'd be some weird-ass shit to dance around the issue for so long and then go "lol she dead". I think she's gonna come back and that the theory's of her grasping RCT for a power-up will come true.

Well Gege a weird ass author so you never know

I got my pitchfork ready just in case tho

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
Yesterday my anime-only friend tells me he may have been spoiled about a major character death on TikTok.

I ask a little and it turns out to be Nanami. I feel like I'm not helping and that I'm actually confirming the spoiler by trying to deduce what exactly he saw, so I decide that my only option is lies.

I lie point-blank to his face and tell him that Nanami doesn't die.

Fucking TikTok, it also spoiled Gojo and Geto having been friends to him. Good thing I warned him to stay away from all CSM stuff, because those fuckers will spoil the shit out of that before long.

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Isn't TikTok just a bunch of dances and stuff?
But yeah, spoilers sucks and are especially hard to avoid whenever it's a manga adaptation.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

JJK just beats out the 2021 earnings of Demon Slayer to what equates to approximately $133 million dollars making it the top earning media franchise in Japan so far for 2021.