• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
Unless there is another chapter following the immediate fallout or moments after Maki's massacre I imagine we move onto someone else on their way to the culling game. Perhaps we'll finally meet Hakari.

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
Unless there is another chapter following the immediate fallout or moments after Maki's massacre I imagine we move onto someone else on their way to the culling game. Perhaps we'll finally meet Hakari.
That is probable with the pacing, but I hope we get a minor cooldown chapter somewhere.

Maki is injured, she probably has to go see Shoko. Perhaps she will meet up with Inumaki or Panda.

Plus, Nayoa''s fate needs to be addressed, as well as the political fallout of the massacre. I think that the Tokyo crew is gonna get fast-tracked to fugitive status after this.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
Considering Maki's level-up combined with the strength of Yuji, Yuta and Megumi it is going to be hard to fight them for the elders unless they are hiding something.

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia

It is starting to seem like the only reason Naoya even got any licks in was because Maki was busy labbing his CT before going for a real counter-attack.

All of this while she was suffering from blood loss and fatigue.

RevolvingPleasedIrishredandwhitesetter-size_restricted.gif

This fight is gonna look sick AF with sakuga, btw. Naoya will get to look real cool for minute before getting Bellamied into the ground.

Won

Oct 27, 2017
Ouch, even as a reader I felt that punch.

Curious how the aftermath will play out. That was a lot of murder and death for a protagonist. And it is quite a power spike too.

convo

Oct 25, 2017
Naoya would job to anyone on the gaming side who run their games at 5 to 15 times the framerate he is playing on.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
Finally caught up to the manga. Was I supposed to understand what Mai even did to save Maki? Maybe I just forgot what her cursed technique is. I also hope we see Kugisaki again soon. Best girl can't be dead.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
Thinking on how season 3 is going to handle the Zenin massacre I imagine the lead up episode ending with Maki post Mai's sacrifice taking out her dad. Though I suppose they might want to leave Maki and Mai's fates up in the air at the end of the episode and leave it on a cliff hanger, perhaps with Ogi dumping the two of them in the cursed spirit room. Either way the next episode is basically balls to the wall action.

Baroque

Oct 25, 2017
Finally caught up to the manga. Was I supposed to understand what Mai even did to save Maki? Maybe I just forgot what her cursed technique is. I also hope we see Kugisaki again soon. Best girl can't be dead.
Mai was holding Maki back in the sense that twins are two halves of one person in the Jujutsu world. Maki would never achieve her true potential as long as Mai was alive and vice versa. She gave up the last bit of her life to make the sword we see her holding when she comes back up and since she died, Maki was able to reach her full strength. So she didn't really save Maki via healing or anything. In fact, the sword is prolly nothing special. It's all Maki finally having the power she was meant to have.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Okay, I'm pretty sure that the final verdict is that Maki is 100% on Toji's power level. It's just a question of experience and existing injuries she took from before she became like unto a god. So damn dangerous, I love it.

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
Thinking on how season 3 is going to handle the Zenin massacre I imagine the lead up episode ending with Maki post Mai's sacrifice taking out her dad. Though I suppose they might want to leave Maki and Mai's fates up in the air at the end of the episode and leave it on a cliff hanger, perhaps with Ogi dumping the two of them in the cursed spirit room. Either way the next episode is basically balls to the wall action.
Oh I can picture it clear as day.

They are gonna have a somber-sounding ed like S4 of Attack on Titan and the music is gonna start piping in as Maki awakens in the pit and they have an extended scene with overlaid credits instead of the ed proper (alternatively, an insert song). They may even shove the animated version of that color doublespread from 150 at the end.

I also hope we see Kugisaki again soon. Best girl can't be dead.
Man, her being dead would make zero sense with how much Gege's been dancing around the issue. He also introduced a character for the sole purpose of making her survival possible.

After seeing how Maki's been handled, I can't help but expect Nobara to come back beasting and furious somehow. It has been theorized that she is gonna get a power boost from figuring out Reverse Curse Technique in her near-death state. Just like it happened with her teacher after he got bodied by Toji.

Last edited:

Roliq

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 23, 2018
I wonder if Maki will go to Shoko to get healed and there we may get some status on Nobara

SneakersSO

Banned
Oct 24, 2017
North America
Current Maki probably would've bodied Dagon.
Despite her feats, current Maki is still heavily injured. She's yet to recover from even before Mai's death.

If Maki makes it out of this, then she is gonna need to use the days left before the culling game properly starts to rest up.

Having said that, what's more important is that Maki is now one unbound by cursed energy - Tengen's explanation indicated that the only reason the events that transpired that led to what Kenjaku needed was because Toji was involved, and him not having any cursed energy allowed him to break fate. Maki is likely now one of the more important characters in the story due to this.

SneakersSO

Banned
Oct 24, 2017
North America
Oh, one more thing to consider regarding Maki - Toji used a collection of curse tools he kept inside that cursed spirit. Unless Mai's gift can do something similar (and I think it will be shown to be able to be multi-purpose), then Maki does still have room to grow.

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
Can we just get a full on Toji flashback and gets this over with lol
Nah, Gege is just gonna show him every 5 chaps now and say how he's the coolest dude who destroyed everyone destiny lmao.

Okay, I'm pretty sure that the final verdict is that Maki is 100% on Toji's power level. It's just a question of experience and existing injuries she took from before she became like unto a god. So damn dangerous, I love it.
It's the same Heavenly Restriction so yeah the second Mai was gone her potential power and her durability was the same. Like you said it's just exp and lack of cursed tools separating them.

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
Why was Maki fighting him unarmed, btw?

Was she somehow disarmed earlier offscreen (kinda doubt it) or did she put away the sword to flex on Naoya?

Edit: Went back and the Mai Sword can be seen dug into the ground besides her in the first two pages of the fight. I guess it was indeed the latter.

Last edited:

Xavillin

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't read much manga since I started working at my new job, and I come back to see I have 3 new chapters to read, NOICE.

Btw, I just want to say if KNY's ♾ 🚂 got a movie, then JJK's entire Shibuya Halloween arc deserves a 2 parter movie. That arc was insane and my jaw dropped several times. That's all, thank you.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The idea of having to wait for the Shibuya arc to be covered through two movies sounds dreadful 😣

Just gimme that S2

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't read much manga since I started working at my new job, and I come back to see I have 3 new chapters to read, NOICE.

Btw, I just want to say if KNY's ♾️ 🚂 got a movie, then JJK's entire Shibuya Halloween arc deserves a 2 parter movie. That arc was insane and my jaw dropped several times. That's all, thank you.

Nah, just make it the focus of season 2. We're already getting the prequel series as a movie.

Oct 25, 2017
Despite her feats, current Maki is still heavily injured. She's yet to recover from even before Mai's death.

If Maki makes it out of this, then she is gonna need to use the days left before the culling game properly starts to rest up.

Having said that, what's more important is that Maki is now one unbound by cursed energy - Tengen's explanation indicated that the only reason the events that transpired that led to what Kenjaku needed was because Toji was involved, and him not having any cursed energy allowed him to break fate. Maki is likely now one of the more important characters in the story due to this.
I guess a fully rested current Maki would've beat Dagon then because that puppet version of Toji pushed that dude's shit in real quick.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
I'm wondering if/how hard they'll have to go on censoring some of the violence in the adaptation because Maki was literally ripping dudes open.

Considering the entire Kukuru massacre sequence is a straight up homage to Kill Bill just do what Tarantino did to avoid the same issues and have the scene go to black and white as soon as the carnage picks up.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
We see citizens getting shredded just as they reassure each other that everything is gonna be alright.

Before that, he does some gruesome shit to those Geto fangirls.

It's a sequence that is surprisingly lacking in blood and gore that's over very quickly in the manga. It just looks like people getting snapped during Infinity War and we are just shown a giant hole in the city filled with what looks like powder.

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
It's a sequence that is surprisingly lacking in blood and gore that's over very quickly in the manga. It just looks like people getting snapped during Infinity War and we are just shown a giant hole in the city filled with what looks like powder.
I guess the knowledge of what Dismantle actually does filled in the blanks for me and made me perceive the carnage as gorier than it actually was.

I actually want them to show more of what Malevolent Shrine did. It's not the gore that I want, I just want them to show off the sheer scale of casualties a bit more. Don't need to be graphic to make a scene of innocents getting literally shredded horrifying.

Also show Toge getting caught in it without confirming his survival immediately. Just for extra shock.

But anyway Sukuna does some pretty bloody shit outside of his DE scene. Those girls got mangled, as did that one asshole. Shibuya starts going pretty hard with violence early on with all the bystanders getting brutalized in the Gojo fight. I don't think Maki conducted violence any worse than some of the instances in Shibuya, so the levels of censorship in season 2 will give us a good idea of what to expect for the Zenin massacre.

Last edited:

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
I'm gonna laugh if our crew gets to the Culling Game and proceed to kick the shit out of everyone who challenges them.

Roliq

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 23, 2018
To be honest always expected them to fight some fodder, feel like that is something that always happens in the battle royales in anime

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
To be honest always expected them to fight some fodder, feel like that is something that always happens in the battle royales in anime
Or any tournament arc

The Dark Tournament in YYH considered one of the best tournament arcs (i agree with) still has the team fight some fodder to remind of their strength level and make the villain look good in between the actual tense fight

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
Yeah, with all the freshly minted Curse Users who were normal people until less than a month ago, there's bound to be a lot of jobbers.

All the Heian Era sorcerers that Kenjaku has called up are gonna be the real threat, along with the occasional citizen who happened to get a really good CT.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, with all the freshly minted Curse Users who were normal people until less than a month ago, there's bound to be a lot of jobbers.

All the Heian Era sorcerers that Kenjaku has called up are gonna be the real threat, along with the occasional citizen who happened to get a really good CT.

Maki gets taken out by the shitty comedian moments after they enter the culling game.

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
She would be taken out by Era users
We are truly the strongest
At least we'd do more damage than Naoya

Can you believe that there were people on Reddit absolutely adamant that Toji (and by extension NuMaki) was not stronger than Naobito? It was mostly based on some mistranslated bit from the fanbook, but some people were really adamant about it, despite it making no sense.

At least the outcome of the Naoya fight has ended that... I think.

Oct 25, 2017

Can you believe that there were people on Reddit absolutely adamant that Toji (and by extension NuMaki) was not stronger than Naobito? It was mostly based on some mistranslated bit from the fanbook, but some people were really adamant about it, despite it making no sense.

A corpse puppet of Toji bodied the same thing that killed Naobito. What more did people need to see?

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017

Ignoring Ogi was clearly terrified of him
And Naobito reaction to seeing Toji is not the look of someone confident he could take him

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia

A corpse puppet of Toji bodied the same thing that killed Naobito. What more did people need to see?
Minor correction, Dagon didn't kill Naobito, Jogo did.

But yeah he finished the fight Naobito was running from (while being aided by other people).

And Naobito reaction to seeing Toji is not the look of someone confident he could take him
Like Gege's narration when Toji appears might as well have been "AND THEN THESE THREE SCRUBS WITNESSED THE REAL BEAST WHO WAS FREE AND INTENSE"

If Gege intended me to look at that shit and come away with the impression that this incoming dude was no stronger than one of the people shook AF by his entrance, then Gege needs to work on his framing.

Like, I don't typically care about power level discussions that much, but there's an adamant faction of people ranking him below characters he's bodied on page (like young Geto) or got hyped over (like Naobito) with arguments on why his wins don't count or something and it makes little sense to me. Gege would have to be actively bad at framing shit for most of these arguments to be correct.

Like people were trying to reconcile Toji=Naobito stuff with last chapter's snippet about Toji being able to kill the Zenins at any time with arguments like "Toji is proficient in stealth so he would've assassinated Naobto and THEN killed the clan" or "Naobito and Toji would've taken each other out and the clan would've been destroyed in the process"

Last edited:

SneakersSO

Banned
Oct 24, 2017
North America

We need to contextualize Toji's take-down of Dagon compared to how the others fared.

Toji took on Dagon after the guaranteed hit of his Domain Expansion was no longer in effect. Dagon's strategy to counter him was to actually re-enable it. Naobito tried to counter it with his own version of Simple Domain and still lost an arm for it. We have no way of knowing how Toji would've fared in that circumstance, although I think the result probably would've been the same, only he wouldn't have come out as unharmed as he was.

Like people were trying to reconcile Toji=Naobito stuff with last chapter's snippet about Toji being able to kill the Zenins at any time with arguments like "Toji is proficient in stealth so he would've assassinated Naobto and THEN killed the clan" or "Naobito and Toji would've taken each other out and the clan would've been destroyed in the process"
People are ignoring that Toji was clearly a master strategist and possessed a cursed tool that nullifies the CT of others; anyone thinking Toji couldn't have single-handedly murdered all of the Zenin's is absolutely lying to themselves.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
Toji could have probably taken out most of the major players in Shibuya had he stuck around aside from Sukuna.

Oct 25, 2017
We need to contextualize Toji's take-down of Dagon compared to how the others fared.

Toji took on Dagon after the guaranteed hit of his Domain Expansion was no longer in effect. Dagon's strategy to counter him was to actually re-enable it. Naobito tried to counter it with his own version of Simple Domain and still lost an arm for it. We have no way of knowing how Toji would've fared in that circumstance, although I think the result probably would've been the same, only he wouldn't have come out as unharmed as he was.

People are ignoring that Toji was clearly a master strategist and possessed a cursed tool that nullifies the CT of others; anyone thinking Toji couldn't have single-handedly murdered all of the Zenin's is absolutely lying to themselves.
I read the Dagon fight in a literal blur. All I remember is Naobito trying to turn the guy into an anime panel, getting set on fire and Toji rocking up and shoving sharpened Nunchaku's into Dagon's face.
Toji could have probably taken out most of the major players in Shibuya had he stuck around aside from Sukuna.
Probably. The guy was only bested by Gojo in his true busted status. Before Gojo had his shit figured out he just got impaled.