• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

SneakersSO

Banned
Oct 24, 2017
North America
What i'm particularly enjoying is how, starting from Yaga's death, this storyline has revolved around the concept of cursing someone at the moment of death, which is once again a part of the thematics Gege has explored from the very beginning of the series. This is precisely why i've never felt these deaths were left field - they've always served a greater purpose and reinforced other aspects of the story.

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
What i'm particularly enjoying is how, starting from Yaga's death, this storyline has revolved around the concept of cursing someone at the moment of death, which is once again a part of the thematics Gege has explored from the very beginning of the series. This is precisely why i've never felt these deaths were left field - they've always served a greater purpose and reinforced other aspects of the story.
It really makes me wonder to what extent the "curse" of Mai will drive Maki.

What is the "everything" in "destroy everything"?

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
Jinichi getting decapitated off-panel kinda goes back to my point. He was introduced in 138, got a short scene in 148, and then was killed unceremoniously here. Why even create the character at that point? What purpose did he serve that Ogi or Naoya didn't/doesn't? I can understand a lot of the fodder who were introduced in this chapter, purely to act as a barrier for Maki, but to give so little to someone so high up in the clan? I shouldn't be surprised given what happened to Ogi, but I can only give a half-hearted "okay?".

It looks like Naoya's fight will at least get more panel time, but I can't say I won't be disappointed if he's killed next week too.

SneakersSO

Banned
Oct 24, 2017
North America
It really makes me wonder to what extent the "curse" of Mai will drive Maki.

What is the "everything" in "destroy everything"?

Thats the rub right? Like, i'm actually afraid how this fight with Naoya is gonna go down, cause Maki's new curse can easily be interpreted as her wanting to destroy literally everything and needing to be put down. But it does showcase the dangers they have talked about with regards to curses, dying, and dying with the knowledge of cursed energy in general.

It actually makes me appreciate Nanami's refrain at the moment of his death even more. What a legend.

SneakersSO

Banned
Oct 24, 2017
North America
Jinichi getting decapitated off-panel kinda goes back to my point. He was introduced in 138, got a short scene in 148, and then was killed unceremoniously here. Why even create the character at that point? What purpose did he serve that Ogi or Naoya didn't/doesn't? I can understand a lot of the fodder who were introduced in this chapter, purely to act as a barrier for Maki, but to give so little to someone so high up in the clan? I shouldn't be surprised given what happened to Ogi, but I can only give a half-hearted "okay?".

It looks like Naoya's fight will at least get some panel time, but I can't say I won't be disappointed if he's killed next week too.

Jinichi is very much a part of the old guard of the Zenin. He was introduced to show just how far Maki was gonna go after she was cursed by Mai. Heck, Maki is very likely gonna kill her own mother, who was literally introduced in one single panel 2 weeks ago.

Characters in JJK are more a part of the world, and Gege has consistently shown that he doesn't care about fleshing out characters if they don't need to be. This is why Naoya wasn't killed in a one shot whereas Jinichi certainly needs to.

Personally, I love this pacing.

Gustaf

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

It looks like Naoya's fight will at least get more panel time, but I can't say I won't be disappointed if he's killed next week too.

i honestly like this a lot

reading jujutsu and demon slayer back to back, every fucking enemy receiving a backstory with complete chapters dedicated to them was exhausting, i dont want to care about this piece of shit thank you very much.

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
I think Nayoa is gonna survive (hopefully after getting maimed and humiliated) and to request assistance from the higher ups.

Maki's rampage is gonna escalate the upper crust's animosity towards Megumi and co. They are all gonna be fugitives soon.

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
Jinichi is very much a part of the old guard of the Zenin. He was introduced to show just how far Maki was gonna go after she was cursed by Mai. Heck, Maki is very likely gonna kill her own mother, who was literally introduced in one single panel 2 weeks ago.

Characters in JJK are more a part of the world, and Gege has consistently shown that he doesn't care about fleshing out characters if they don't need to be. This is why Naoya wasn't killed in a one shot whereas Jinichi certainly needs to.

Personally, I love this pacing.
Again, I understand it for fodder, but for someone so high up in the clan and (I think this is accurate from the databook, or still just an assumption?) Toji's father and Megumi's grandfather?

Characters are more part of the world? Not for long, I guess. And again, not fleshing out characters (specifically talking about non-fodder) begs the question of why introduce them at all.

reading jujutsu and demon slayer back to back, every fucking enemy receiving a backstory with complete chapters dedicated to them was exhausting, i dont want to care about this piece of shit thank you very much.
I never said that Jinichi needed a backstory to make you empathize with him. But it's hard for him to even feel like a character when he's knocked off so quickly.

But I guess that's the point. Don't have to worry about providing much characterization if you don't keep them around long.

SneakersSO

Banned
Oct 24, 2017
North America
Again, I understand it for fodder, but for someone so high up in the clan and (I think this is accurate from the databook, or still just an assumption?) Toji's father and Megumi's grandfather?

Characters are more part of the world? Not for long, I guess. And again, not fleshing out characters (specifically talking about non-fodder) begs the question of why introduce them at all.

I never said that Jinichi needed a backstory to make you empathize with him. But it's hard for him to even feel like a character when he's knocked off so quickly.

But I guess that's the point. Don't have to worry about providing much characterization if you don't keep them around long.

Why does Jinichi need to be empathized with? He is one of the higher ups in their strongest squad who clearly gave 0 fucks about Toji, his own son, as he was on the outs with the clan. He has some sort of soft-spot for Megumi but clearly didn't try to stop Naoya. And he is Maki's Uncle.

He is very much a part of the rot at the core of the Zenin clan. We were meant to know that he was very powerful and that Maki's strength has now gotten to a point where she can kill him effortlessly. He's always been a part of the world building, but just because he is, doesn't mean Gege needs to dedicate a bunch of chapters on fleshing him out like most other Shonen artists would.

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia

I think Jinichi's role was to serve as an additional figurehead for Zenin clan's corruption and as a rival to further establish Nayoa's ambitions.I think Nayoa's introduction would have been worse off if his only rival within the clan was an old wash-up who had already failed to be clan head.

As far as his role in this chapter is concerned, yeah, another one of these freshly introduced slaughter-ready lambs could have done his part just fine and maybe the challenge for Maki next chapter would have looked a bit more credible if it was 2-v-1 (then again, with how he did him like that one guy in Predator 2, mayyyybe not).

I am personally OK with Gege using him as an extra large piece of wood to be thrown in the Maki wood-chipper, but I think I will be perfectly understanding of your grievances if Nayoa gets killed next chapter. As much as I would enjoy the sight of him getting ended by Maki, he seems much less disposable than the other two big Zenins. I feel like he should survive and continue to be a thorn in Maki and co's side.

I feel like Nayoa has much more in the tank in that.

Plus, someone has to be the designated hate-magnet in Mahito's absence. Keeping one character who the audience really wants to die alive for a while is perfectly in line with Gege's previously established modus operandi.

And it's not like we cannot have the catharsis of him getting comeuppance without killing him in the process. The question is how. I don't see Maki losing to him and he has to be at the very top of her shitlist next to her papa.

EDIT: Thinking about, here's another reason why I agree that Nayoa should survive is this:

His continued existence makes things more personal for Maki. If Maki finishes her revenge for the Zenin clan, her personal investment in the story will lessen, even if the "curse" extends to the corrupt side of the Jujutsu society in general, rather than just the Zenin clan. Having an object of revenge running around would be beneficial for Maki's stakes in the story going forward. Let him be her personal little Mahito.

Last edited:

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
Why does Jinichi need to be empathized with? He is one of the higher ups in their strongest squad who clearly gave 0 fucks about Toji, his own son, as he was on the outs with the clan. He has some sort of soft-spot for Megumi but clearly didn't try to stop Naoya. And he is Maki's Uncle.

He is very much a part of the rot at the core of the Zenin clan. We were meant to know that he was very powerful and that Maki's strength has now gotten to a point where she can kill him effortlessly. He's always been a part of the world building, but just because he is, doesn't mean Gege needs to dedicate a bunch of chapters on fleshing him out like most other Shonen artists would.
It seems my reply to Gustaf wasn't clear enough so I'll rephrase it: I never said Jinichi needed a backstory and needed to be empathized with.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Just give Gege more breaks already, geez

On top of fixing the art, maybe the story wouldn't be so obnoxiously rushed like this if he had more time

Gohlad

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Wait so has the Culling game actually already started or is it still about to start?

Maki slaughtering all of the Zenin sure would've given her a good chunk of points for the game.

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
As long as Naoya is able to survive, I think Maki's actions will actually end up playing into his hands.

Maki's association with Megumi, in addition to their plan to release Gojo, will make the latter unacceptable as the head of the Zenin family both for the any survivors of the clan and for the higher ups respectively.

Might be why he's so unperturbed about Maki having run through his clansmen like tissue paper. He ought to be more concerned about the very real possibility of having his decapitated head forcefully inserted up his own rectum, however.

Just give Gege more breaks already, geez

On top of fixing the art, maybe the story wouldn't be so obnoxiously rushed like this if he had more time
I hear Gege got sick on his last break.

That could also be a contributing factor. They really should give him more breaks.

I personally don't see how this chapter in particular was rushed though. I agree that the pacing has been too fast, faster than usual ever since the Culling Game info dump concluded, with the Yaga chapter being the worst offender, but this one felt... perfectly fine to me?

Wait so has the Culling game actually already started or is it still about to start?
Nope, we're not in the Culling Game Arc yet.

It should be starting within ten days or so in-universe, if I'm not mistaken.

Maki's rampage wouldn't count towards the game. It wasn't in one of the designated game zones anyway, as far as I understand.

Last edited:

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
I hear Gege got sick on his last break.

That could also be a contributing factor. They really should give him more breaks.

I personally don't see how this chapter in particular was rushed though. I agree that the pacing has been too fast, faster than usual ever since the Culling Game info dump concluded, with the Yaga chapter being the worst offender, but this one felt... perfectly fine to me?
This one was better, but still, the lack of overall build-up is hurting my enjoyment. Like, hey look, it's the Zenin's strongest squad and that one guy we saw with Naoya earlier. And now they're all dead.

These guys could have been doing stuff during Shibuya (what were they even doing while shit was hitting the fan? Nothing?), which would allow this whole conflict to be set up better..

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
This one was better, but still, the lack of overall build-up is hurting my enjoyment. Like, hey look, it's the Zenin's strongest squad and that one guy we saw with Naoya earlier. And now they're all dead.

These guys could have been doing stuff during Shibuya (what were they even doing while shit was hitting the fan? Nothing?), which would allow this whole conflict to be set up better..
Shibuya incident happened within a relatively short timespan despite how hard shit hit the fan and no one really expected it to escalate like that, but the bolded is a very good question in general.

What are these guys doing? Like Tokyo is doing its best SMT cosplay right now and the Japanese government was in a state of panic last we heard. Shouldn't these guys be on missions trying to clean up the ten bajillion curses that are running amok? Why are they sitting on their asses at home? Naoya himself only ever got his ass over to Tokyo for his personal stuff.

Maybe there are some Zenins not present at home right now? Otherwise, what the fuck are these parasites good for lol?

SneakersSO

Banned
Oct 24, 2017
North America

The head of the entire Zenin family was in Shibuya when it went down - if Naobito wasn't primed for what went down, how was any of these lower ranked folk supposed to do anything of substance? Dagon was on his way to victory before Toji showed up; the moment Naobito got out Jogo finished the job.

And its been established that Shibuya was ultimately allowed to happen due to the potential benefit of either getting Yuji killed or Gojo sealed or both.

These events aren't meant to build up to these crazy moments - this is Maki's moment and the Zenin clans reckoning for playing politics with human lives.

SneakersSO

Banned
Oct 24, 2017
North America
Shibuya incident happened within a relatively short timespan despite how hard shit hit the fan and no one really expected it to escalate like that, but the bolded is a very good question in general.

What are these guys doing? Like Tokyo is doing its best SMT cosplay right now and the Japanese government was in a state of panic last we heard. Shouldn't these guys be on missions trying to clean up the ten bajillion curses that are running amok? Why are they sitting on their asses at home? Naoya himself only ever got his ass over to Tokyo for his personal stuff.

Maybe there are some Zenins not present at home right now? Otherwise, what the fuck are these parasites good for lol?

Like I said - the head of the Zenin family and their strongest member was at Shibuya. They weren't simply doing nothing.

For half of the Jujutsu world, Shibuya was simply another incident that Gojo was gonna go in and mop up, while the higher ups were informed and likely allowed it to happen. Its heavily implied that thats what went down.

Also, the garb by some of the Zenin clan members resembles the outfit that the scout who found Yaga was wearing. Naoya, Ogi, and Jin were all playing this situation in a way so as to ensure the Jujutsu higher-ups would yield more power to their clan above all else.

Its all just a reinforcement of the idea that both Gojo and Nanami espoused that the Jujutsu society was absolute fucking garbage and that the world would be better served if it was completely uprooted. Heck, Mei Mei was the first one who truly knew Gojo was not getting out of that box and her response was to tell people in the financial world to pull their money out of the JP stock market and Tokyo real estate. These people claim they are defending the common people and are willing to build a system that relies on killing teenage soldiers, yet at every turn the folks representing this world have demonstrated nothing but contempt for it or for those who want to make it a better place.

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
Like I said - the head of the Zenin family and their strongest member was at Shibuya. They weren't simply doing nothing.

For half of the Jujutsu world, Shibuya was simply another incident that Gojo was gonna go in and mop up, while the higher ups were informed and likely allowed it to happen. Its heavily implied that thats what went down.

Also, the garb by some of the Zenin clan members resembles the outfit that the scout who found Yaga was wearing. Naoya, Ogi, and Jin were all playing this situation in a way so as to ensure the Jujutsu higher-ups would yield more power to their clan above all else.

Its all just a reinforcement of the idea that both Gojo and Nanami espoused that the Jujutsu society was absolute fucking garbage and that the world would be better served if it was completely uprooted. Heck, Mei Mei was the first one who truly knew Gojo was not getting out of that box and her response was to tell people in the financial world to pull their money out of the JP stock market and Tokyo real estate. These people claim they are defending the common people and are willing to build a system that relies on killing teenage soldiers, yet at every turn the folks representing this world have demonstrated nothing but contempt for it or for those who want to make it a better place.
I get that Jujutsu higher ups and clans are all garbage looking out for number one above all else, but ,between the situation in Tokyo and "Geto" planning some "unprecedented Jujutsu terrorism", as Megumi put it, does the current situation not threaten them at all?

That is what I've been wondering, given the lack of observable action from the institutions.

SneakersSO

Banned
Oct 24, 2017
North America
I get that Jujutsu higher ups and clans are all garbage looking out for number one above all else, but ,between the situation in Tokyo and "Geto" planning some "unprecedented Jujutsu terrorism", as Megumi put it, does the current situation not threaten them at all?

That is what I've been wondering, given the lack of observable action from the institutions.

Think about it - they are living in a world where the JP government is looking to them and only them as the sole solution to this; as far as cursed energy is concerned, Japan has a monopoly on it,so there is no foreign assistance coming. Their place within the social hierarchy of Japan is both being strengthened and growing given this situation. All of the decrees they did as a response to this was to ensure the factors that could threaten their reign (Yaga's potential self-sustaining Curse Doll army/Yuji and Sukuna/ the release of Gojo) would either be eliminated or outlawed.

This is an entirely different set of circumstances than say when the world governments had to deal with the Chimera Ants in HxH. Sure, they sold out Netero to get rid of him, but they had the tools to eliminate the threats if push came to shove.

In the real world, global warming threatens the fate of every human living on Earth and yet everyone is just arguing amongst themselves and trying to enrich themselves to do anything about it. The actions the higher-ups are doing are totally grounded as far as I can see.

yado

Oct 25, 2017

lol this is where I'm at as well. Not everyone's death needs to be preceded by development or an intricate backstory. These people aren't that integral to the plot and I don't care if they die.

Oct 25, 2017
Just caught up. To be honest
Maki's family is basically so shit that they all need to die and I can't really feel sorry for them. Maki and Megumi being the only members and rebuilding from scratch is the only way to redeem in the Zenin family.

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
Maki's family is basically so shit that they all need to die and I can't really feel sorry for them. Maki and Megumi being the only members and rebuilding from scratch is the only way to redeem in the Zenin family.
I've seen some people going "woah, Maki is a mass murderer now? She's gone psycho!"

But so far, she's only been killing people who had the audacity to come at her and/or were directly responsible for what transpired. Every single dude she's brutalized so far has been asking for it.

Maybe I will consider changing my outlook if I see her going into some Zenin nursery or something and going all Anakin Skywalker, but until she does something like that, I say kill them all, queen.

Last edited:

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
Hyun Sai don't mean to police you, but it has been established in the manga threads lately that even non-descriptive reactions should go into spoiler tags.

but yeah, "well, that escalated quickly" is this manga's tagline by this point

SneakersSO

Banned
Oct 24, 2017
North America
I've seen some people going "woah, Maki is a mass murderer now? She's gone psycho!"

But so far, she's only been killing people who had the audacity to come at her and/or were directly responsible for what transpired. Every single dude she's brutalized so far has been asking for it.

Maybe I will consider changing my outlook if I see her going into some Zenin nursery or something and going all Anakin Skywalker, but until she does something like that, I say kill them all, queen.

Even if what Maki is doing right now is in any way some form of mass murder, all of the major characters have been increasingly wading into shades of grey as the series has progressed. Geto's plan to capture Gojo relied on him heading into his own self-interest so that he'd partially enable his domain expansion if pressured far enough; Yuji basically admitted that he was no different from Mahito in their last fight and that he would continue to kill Cursed Spirits as long as it as he is able to do so, and Gege framed that moment as Yuji becoming a predator.

The characters are all increasingly working in these grey areas and its all the better for it. We have no clue how far the extent that 'Destroy Everything' stretches to, but Maki just killed her father and Uncle without a moment's hesitation. The Zenins have proven to be far too shit, but if we come to find out that Maki has interpreted Mai's last request to mean to kill literally everything, I still can't really hold it against her given what she's had to go through and what she lost.

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
Maki is still striving to change the Zenin clan for the better.

It is just that she realized that the Zenin clan is better off dead.

Chapter's officially out!
Had to go back and quote this one because it was extremely prophetic:

Everything about the fight (fight is overstating it honestly, this whole chapter was a comically one-sided slaughter) with the unpowered Zenins was SUPER Kill Bill.
Yeah I was about to come into this thread, quote that tweet and declare the author of that fanart prescient.

The entire Kukuru squad fight was basically

I appreciate that Gege held Maki back just enough to give us a choreographed slaughter. Maki could've probably blitzed the entire squad in the style of Quanxi from Chainsaw Man, but she took her time killing them instead.

That whole sequence is gonna be so dope animated. I hope they don't censor shit.

Also, anyone else laugh at the captain coming in like "are you winning, squad?"

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
Somewhere in hell:

Naobito: "And this is why you weren't chosen to be clan head you dumb piece of shit."

The man came up with a plan once and it ended up dooming the entire clan.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I'm genuinely curious what's going to happen in the next fight. Is this asshole going to bend the knee, or are we in for a brawl?

Syntsui

Oct 25, 2017
Gege needs an intervention and this Manga has to go on a break. Some of those pages were Togashi levels of unfinished, this can't go on.

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
I'm genuinely curious what's going to happen in the next fight. Is this asshole going to bend the knee, or are we in for a brawl?
I am genuinely baffled at him pulling up on Maki all confident and shit, like he isn't a dead fuckboy walking.

Is his "job-to-Choso" ass really that deluded about his power level? Does he have some old anti-Toji contingency at hand or a bargaining chip that would give him some leverage?

If Gege intended me to believe that he can stand up to beasted out Maki in a fight, then he hasn't done a good enough job lol.

I also don't see Maki willingly sparing him. He's got to be at the top of her shitlist, just below the already crossed out dad.

At any rate, I actually want Naoya to continue breathing after this encounter. I really think that offing him would be a bit premature. There is value in keeping him around as an antagonist for a while.

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
The fact that Naobito is litteraly a Saint when compared to all those fuckers is mind blowing.

Kill em all !

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I am genuinely baffled at him pulling up on Maki all confident and shit, like he isn't a dead fuckboy walking.

Is his "job-to-Choso" ass really that deluded about his power level? Does he have some old anti-Toji contingency at hand or a bargaining chip that would give him some leverage?

If Gege intended me to believe that he can stand up to beasted out Maki in a fight, then he hasn't done a good enough job lol.

I also don't see Maki willingly sparing him. He's got to be at the top of her shitlist, just below the already crossed out dad.

At any rate, I actually want Naoya to continue breathing after this encounter. I really think that offing him would be a bit premature. There is value in keeping him around as an antagonist for a while.
It's going to be either 1) dude's incredibly, unbelievably, lethally arrogant and really thinks he has this on pure skill or 2) he has some other plan that doesn't involve fighting Maki. Maki doesn't have all of Toji's advantages - experience, skill, that anti-sorcery dagger - but she's still very very very far out of Naoya's weight class and it's very very obvious that that's the case. I think 2) is more likely. Either some kind of attempted payoff or appeasement, or like you speculated, some kind of anti-Toji contingency.

WhiskerFrisker

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
New York City

He was introduced to show Maki's power. It's really that simple. It wouldn't be nearly as effective if it was a random character. We know that the dude was a beast in the clan, could've potentially been head, and he got curbstomped. I can't really see what's the issue here

Gege needs an intervention and this Manga has to go on a break. Some of those pages were Togashi levels of unfinished, this can't go on.
There was just a 3 week break for this

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Maki supremacy continues. Unlike my issues with Mai's death and the generally rushed evolution of Maki becoming the next Toji, I didn't have any issues with this chapter. I don't care about the Zenin clan, and I never really viewed them (or had the chance to at least) as long-standing antagonists that needed build-up to be dealt with. The only logical solution from last chapter is for Maki to immediately start killing them, whether it's in self-defense or not (Dunno why people care btw, they're all evil fucks)

But damn, I knew Toji was nice, but I didn't fully realize until this chapter that he was Itachi-level nice. Literally the only reason the clan was still alive was because Toji just didn't feel like it, jesus

And yesss, love the whole Kill Bill vibes this chapter gave

His misogynostic ass ain't bending nothing but that neck when Maki cracks it

Tabaxi

Nov 18, 2018
""the current Zenin clan exists because of master Toji's whim"

That's an interesting quote. I wonder if that's going to be expanded upon.

Also, It can't be a coincidence that Jinichi looks like Uvogin and his big move was a big bang impact-level punch.

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
I'm also pretty sure her sister cursed her to destroy everything so she doesn't even seem to have much of a choice.
I guess we'll have to see how literal the meaning of the curse is.

So far, we've only seen her killing hostile Zenin men. Is her massacre gonna extend to non-combatans? Is she gonna be chasing down screaming widows? Slaying begging house servants? Walking into the Zenin nursery like Anakin?

I think mom is on thin ice regardless. She seems like she's been complicit. However, her insult in 148 was the only one that made Maki break her pokerface. It wouldn't hurt her that much if she didn't have feelings for her mom. She also tried to keep Maki from going into the trap in her own, hurtful way. It also depends on how much of a victim she's been herself and how much her daughters acknowledged that growing up.

For what it's worth, someone reported the death of Ougi to the clan and thus, presumably, wasn't cut down on sight. Perhaps it was even the mother.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
For what it's worth, someone reported the death of Ougi to the clan and thus, presumably, wasn't cut down on sight. Perhaps it was even the mother.
Not so sure about this. They didn't seem to know how he died, only that Maki killed him. Could've been an eye witness and the details got lost in the shuffle, could be some kind of security alert that lacked detail.

Deleted member 40853

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 9, 2018
I'm having a really hard time following the plot since Okkotsu 'saved' Itadori, and then met up with Megumi to prepare for the culling game.

I can't keep track of all these Zen'in family members or what's going on, other than they are upset Megumi was named head of the clan. But it seems like everyone wants to kill Maki for some reason? I can't keep track of what the relationships between the different Zen'in members are. Can someone provide a brief summary of the situation? I guess I just expected the story to go to the culling game next and now I'm not sure what's going on.

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
93d8e1c110b90fc3e317a5474ae3332a.jpg

Maki:

latest

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm having a really hard time following the plot since Okkotsu 'saved' Itadori, and then met up with Megumi to prepare for the culling game.

I can't keep track of all these Zen'in family members or what's going on, other than they are upset Megumi was named head of the clan. But it seems like everyone wants to kill Maki for some reason? I can't keep track of what the relationships between the different Zen'in members are. Can someone provide a brief summary of the situation? I guess I just expected the story to go to the culling game next and now I'm not sure what's going on.

Maki went to go get some weapons

The Zen'in clan took issue with that, as they hate her and hate the idea of Megumi being the new head. Her cousin in particular (who he's confronting at the end of this chapter) is very misogynistic towards her.

Her own father attempts to kill her and Mai.

Maki kills him instead, and is at the level of Toji now thanks to Mai's sacrifice.

Maki is now killing the entire Zen'in clan, or at least all of their fighters that are attacking her first. They're attacking her due to her killing Ougi, her father.

-----

In short, her clan sucks, and Maki is putting them all down.