• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
just caught up...man what a fucking ride!!! I guess it was expected for Gojo to be killed or sealed; mans a walking cheat code

How is Mahito still fucking alive!?!?!? setting himself up to be a great villain though!

Fantastic summary after trying to digest all that happened.
He's only sort of alive.

Man got turned into a pokemon.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
He wasn't fully digested and powers taken by brain?

fukkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk
I mean, we know that curses under the control of Geto's cursed technique can get used by him as... well, pokemon, lol. So it's possible he comes out to fight again. But his agency as a character is dead and gone, at least until Brain goes down. At that point, we don't know what happens. Toji didn't want to kill him on the risk that his curses would start to rampage.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ight bet imma start reading this now because needs all around the internet are talking about it.

convo

Oct 25, 2017
Even if Mahito is fully absorbed, just like Jogo, Hanami and Dagon who'll eventually reincarnate since they are ever present parts of life, so would Mahito as long as people hate each other and cursed energy is around.

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017
i was under the impression that when he used a cursed spirit as part of Uzumaki he kind of burns them up and they disappear from his arsenal

that's why he gave the speech about extracting the technique beforehand. Mahito was part of the Uzumaki he used in SHibuya so i think he's gone.

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
Nah, that was him using Maximum Uzumaki. If I understand Geto's cursed technique correctly, he's still around.
Uzumaki just mashes them together and uses them to attack while also extracting/taking their tech for the user if they're semi grad 1 or higher. Mahito as Mahito is gone.
Even if Mahito is fully absorbed, just like Jogo, Hanami and Dagon who'll eventually reincarnate since they are ever present parts of life, so would Mahito as long as people hate each other and cursed energy is around.
They'd be different curses born from the same source. As in different personalities.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Mahito could still be around but as far as we've seen from absorbed curses they do whatever Geto wants without thought or free will so it might be Mahito but not the one we knew but more of an automaton.

convo

Oct 25, 2017
Ight bet imma start reading this now because needs all around the internet are talking about it.
Ayy it's gonna be a ride, and so long as Hunter x Hunter is not having releases, this will be going a whole lot faster and sorta scratch that itch and may almost definitly finish first.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I'd missed that Uzumaki burned up the curses it used; in that case, yeah, he's just gone.

psynergyadept

Oct 26, 2017
I mean, we know that curses under the control of Geto's cursed technique can get used by him as... well, pokemon, lol. So it's possible he comes out to fight again. But his agency as a character is dead and gone, at least until Brain goes down. At that point, we don't know what happens. Toji didn't want to kill him on the risk that his curses would start to rampage.

damn, then they should've let Yuji finish him off!!! after all the shit Mahito put him through it would've been so satisfactory!!! I'm assuming he comes back some grossly disfigured sentient monster then...YUJI NEEDS THIS W!

EDIT: damn he's gone then!

AoM

Oct 31, 2017

convo

Oct 25, 2017
Even if Geto conjurs a Mahito look-a-like, it is stated the growth of the cursed spirit is stopped once ingested. Such a puppet wouldn't be Mahito anymore, no growth means no fun stuff to do, he's reached the peak of his abilites to get munched on by Geto. A differnt evil cursed spirit can take his place, might even have the scars and so on, they'd be just a reminder, but there's no character development from the Mahito we all love and hate anymore.

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017
That's exactly why. Yuji wasn't the one to finish him off. I'd be surprised if Gege didn't let him close that thread for good.
only if the Curse of Humans comes back in another form

Geto recycled Mahito and extracted his technique using Uzumaki. That's how he was able to use Idle Transfiguration on the people he had marked. The Curse of Humans will come back but it won't be Mahito, he's gone. If he comes back Gege will have to retcon the Uzumaki technique (which is fine I guess).

convo

Oct 25, 2017
I love the trope of getting the target of your revenge eliminated (gestures at Vinland Saga), Yuji has to find a different meaning in life anyway than just killing one thing over and over.

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
I love the trope of getting the target of your revenge eliminated (gestures at Vinland Saga), Yuji has to find a different meaning in life anyway than just killing one thing over and over.
This would have worked for me if Kamo had definitively killed Mahito in front of him. But if he is actually dead/gone/etc., Yuji doesn't even know it.

I do agree that if we see Mahito again, it won't be the same one Yuji hates.

Tabaxi

Nov 18, 2018

The JJK Twitter page is selling off trips to the Prison Realm. I guess Brain needed some extra income.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm caught up!

be8e037ea01ea7b5849661bbcc798c2cd7ea371c.gifv

Just... holy fuck at that Shibuya arc, I'm glad I was able to binge the entire thing in one go

Bengraven

Oct 26, 2017
Florida
Just binged this over three days.

- I bet we get Obedience for the first half of the next season, then Shibuya. Somewhere before or after this season we'll see the film. And then season 3 opens with Yuta showing up and less people going "who is that".

- thank god I avoided this thread for a couple weeks. Y'all saying Maki was critical and then suddenly last chapter seeing her show up was a legit surprise since I didn't get it spoiled for me. Best girl; let's go.

- Nobara is also best girl and she better be okay. Her and Maki will have matching face scars and all. It's okay. Please come back. This is like the "Rem please wake up" moment of this book. She'a also vital in the fight against Mahito because you know he's on standby here. He's so ridiculously overpowered we need a final battle with him when the book is finishing and she'll either help or finish him.

-

- goddamnit I want more.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I hope MAPPA chooses another up beat song and credits for the Shibuya arc.

"I can't believe Nanami's dead!"
*cue happy music and the characters dancing care free *

Lol hate when that happens

About time. Welcome to the greatness/pain of waiting one week

I might've taken an extra day or two to finish, but Era wanna go and stop working lolol

And I hate that aspect of catching up haha

Porl

Nov 6, 2017
i think Yuta saying "I'll exterminate itadori" would be a better end of s2 than start of s3