• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017
um can we talk about Yuji calling Choso his big brother though?? So glad Choso is sticking around.

wonder if we will see his other brothers incarnated too

Maki looks badass, Nobara is probably still alive? Idk

really love that Gege doesn't waste any time in this manga. The brisk pacing is so nice.

wonder what's up with Yuki...and why that guy doesn't address her.

2 week wait is hell!!

My only head cannon is that Nobara and Megumi are faking her death to get back at Yuji for his fake death.

Well his last vessel didn't really make it to him
They said they found someone else to be the vessel after Riko's(?) death

THIJJ

Oct 26, 2017
I await the dramatic entrance cause aint no way Nobara is gone entirely.

I still believe

Glad to see Maki back, though. New look is dope, and I'm fully expecting the power upgrade that comes with those lol.

OP
OP
Flow

Flow

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Florida, USA
I miss the narration when watching the anime. It is not a big deal, but man does it add an extra layer of detail.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Horikishi's comment from chapter 307 of MHA. He's referring to the last Evangelion film btw.

wh2598wnvsp61.jpg

Bromance forming?

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Reread to double check, but they don't say that that guy they meet at the end is Tensen, and I don't think it is. I'm betting on an attendant of some kind.
Horikishi's comment from chapter 307 of MHA. He's referring to the last Evangelion film btw.

wh2598wnvsp61.jpg

Bromance forming?
Maaaan, imagine JJK with the kind of style Horikoshi busts out for those horror-esque Shiggy scenes. I like the art we've got, but damn.

Maximo

Oct 25, 2017

Man you really, REALLY forget just how much happens in Shibuyu seeing it all animated is going to be insane.

giphy.gif

Anime watchers going to lose their minds.

Gustaf

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
as someone who just caught up with the manga thirs thursday ive got to say

things went Gantz really fasttttttttttt, like holy shit

shibuya incident felt like the Rome Mission

Chase

Oct 25, 2017
-Both the "you got it from here" and "help people" lines popping up recently in a similar way. Yuji's pile of curses keeping him going.
-Wonder if Yuki introduced the visit Tengen idea to get the answers as stated or if she is just going to jump him or something lol. Gege probably not letting Gojo out of the box until the finish line is clear so more curious about the kamo info we may get.
-Guess that counts as a Kugisaki update...
-Maki! Pleasantly surprised to see that she is already joining back up in the action. I like the irony that the heavenly restriction kept her alive. The "been a while but not really" line is pretty funny given disparity between serialization time and in world time.
-Seemed like Yuki was going to do her own thing with her group, so neat that she is joining up, for now, and we will see the full Tengen encounter. Was half expecting Tengen to still look like Rika or something via shenanigans. Gojo past arc said he would evolve without a vessel and I guess this is it? If that is even him.

What a chapter for Choso. Page 11 is hilarious. Break week but next chapter should be interesting. Wonder what happened to Yaga.

Last edited:

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017
IMG-0932.jpg

Gege really channeling his inner Kubo with this page lol

IMG-0931.jpg

also this seems to be the reason why much of the Gojo Past arc is called Hidden Inventory, esp since it's now shown that Gojo v Toji took place around the warehouse area

-Both the "you got it from here" and "help people" lines popping up recently in a similar way. Yuji's pile of curses keeping him going.
Nanami's last line to Yuji was so impactful. A great send off for a great character. Of course I do wish he was still alive though lol.

Last edited:

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

ukafuts9s4q61.jpg

Seems there is a JJK event scheduled for 6/13. I'm guessing something to do with the movie or season 2 would be the major announcements/reveal.

Porl

Nov 6, 2017
yknow, whatever happened to them being promoted to 1st grade?

that shit got immediately derailed and now the system is in shambles, i doubt grades even matter anymore

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
with the Tokyo principal taking the fall from Shibuya i don't expect any of his students to be favored
On the other hand, by the end of the arc, all alive special grade sorcerers (Yuta, Yuki and potentially Gojo) and those with potential (Megumi, Yuji) will be on the same side though. Who is going to fight them?

Porl

Nov 6, 2017
On the other hand, by the end of the arc, all alive special grade sorcerers (Yuta, Yuki and potentially Gojo) and those with potential (Megumi, Yuji) will be on the same side though. Who is going to fight them?
i'm just saying i feel they'll leave those naming conventions and bureaucracy and shit behind and just do whatever

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

ANN Article Link

Shueisha reported on Wednesday that Gege Akutami's Jujutsu Kaisen manga has over 40 million copies in circulation, including print and digital copies, as well as copies not yet sold.

The manga's circulation rose 470% in the past half year since the premiere of its anime adaptation last October.

The manga had:
  • 8.5 million in early October
  • 10 million on October 29
  • 15 million on December 16
  • 20 million on January 13
  • 25 million on January 26
  • 30 million on February 9
  • 35 million on March 4

JJK just hit 40 million copies in circulation

SneakersSO

Banned
Oct 24, 2017
North America
So I just re-read Hidden Inventory + shibuya arc for like the 3rd time. It has become my favorite overarching arc in manga, surpassing HxH's chimera ant arc. And the recent chapters are indicating the author has not let up at all.

Gustaf

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
yknow, whatever happened to them being promoted to 1st grade?

that shit got immediately derailed and now the system is in shambles, i doubt grades even matter anymore

i think that is gege just subverting expectations, it is even more apparent with the anime ending, making a big deal of the promotion, only to not matter at all in the next current time arc.

i think is kinda great.

people reading shonen/mangas get really fixated on ranking and power levels.

convo

Oct 25, 2017
I'm still waiting to see Sukuna use the pact with Yuji.
He must really be waiting for the right moment to use it, i expect it to be for some kind of negotiation with Megumi perhaps concerning his final plan with him.
Sukuna plans on resurrecting for real and Megumi's power has some role to play. He won't do it until he's certain it'll work out.
Perhaps this sister situation will be when Sukuna will lend his power for Megumi again.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
He must really be waiting for the right moment to use it, i expect it to be for some kind of negotiation with Megumi perhaps concerning his final plan with him.
Sukuna plans on resurrecting for real and Megumi's power has some role to play. He won't do it until he's certain it'll work out.
Perhaps this sister situation will be when Sukuna will lend his power for Megumi again.

I assumed Sukuna might be waiting to have all 20 fingers.

convo

Oct 25, 2017
I assumed Sukuna might be waiting to have all 20 fingers.
I always wondered since the beginning if one of these fingers manifested in another vessel like Yuji, like having a literal second Sukuna personality running around somewhere. Would they think as one or be seperate entities? These special grades that had the fingers did use moves Sukuna had, specifically the special grade Megumi defeated used the hand fire arrow stuff Sukuna used in Shibuya.

Porl

Nov 6, 2017
i think that is gege just subverting expectations, it is even more apparent with the anime ending, making a big deal of the promotion, only to not matter at all in the next current time arc.

i think is kinda great.

oh i'm not complaining, i've always found those sorts of things kinda boring, it's just funny how it seemed like a big deal at the time even being the anime cliffhanger and then... shit's gone

Gustaf

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
oh i'm not complaining, i've always found those sorts of things kinda boring, it's just funny how it seemed like a big deal at the time even being the anime cliffhanger and then... shit's gone

yeppp, i think is great.

lol.

im like gojo, im fed up with all the beurocratic shit

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017
These special grades that had the fingers did use moves Sukuna had, specifically the special grade Megumi defeated used the hand fire arrow stuff Sukuna used in Shibuya.
nah that was just a regular blast of cursed energy, the finger bearer just fired it like an arrow

we still don't know what exactly Sukuna did in Shibuya

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I always wondered since the beginning if one of these fingers manifested in another vessel like Yuji, like having a literal second Sukuna personality running around somewhere. Would they think as one or be seperate entities? These special grades that had the fingers did use moves Sukuna had, specifically the special grade Megumi defeated used the hand fire arrow stuff Sukuna used in Shibuya.

There were 2 Mahito's for a hot minute there. I don't see why there couldn't be 2 Sukuna's. He even said early on that if Yuji dies there are still a bunch of pieces of him still out there. They sound like hocruxes from Harry Potter.

convo

Oct 25, 2017
nah that was just a regular blast of cursed energy, it just fired it like an arrow
Well i know it wasn't the fire move, but the hand motion where they stretch the projectile like an arrow is similiar. Talking about when Sukuna does it in 116. Perhaps it was just a coincidence.

There were 2 Mahito's for a hot minute there. I don't see why there couldn't be 2 Sukuna's. He even said early on that if Yuji dies there are still a bunch of pieces of him still out there. They sound like hocruxes from Harry Potter.
Well this battle royale setting seems like a good enough place for such an encounter. Also people make fanart of Nobara with Sukuna tattoos and those always looked cool at the very least. I kinda don't want Yuji's current inner circle of friends to be possesed by Sukuna though.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
This is something that's always gratifying to see subverted. JJK already had it built in, a bit - special grade is sort of a catch-all for "anything outside of expectations." That's why the finger curses and Hanami/Jogo tier curses were in the same "grade" despite being wildly inferior.

Radiant is a little bit like that, but moreso because of the way that the setting's structured. People barely understand how magic work, and any attempt to grade it would fall apart immediately, so in any given matchup you're never sure what to expect.