• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Tabaxi

Nov 18, 2018
I'm really excited to see what they do with the prequel. There are a lot of elements Gege hadn't thought up yet when he wrote volume 0, so this would be a great opportunity to include Todo, Nanami, Hakari and the second years into the Night Parade.

IHaveIce

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
how? wasnt rika purified or something at the end?

and she is with okkutsu in jujutsu kaisen
We are still to find out, in original japanese the Rika he has now is written differently than in Volume 0, though I guess yeah maybe the end could be changed. But I doubt it. So many things from Volume 0 are referenced in JJK

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
how? wasnt rika purified or something at the end?

and she is with okkutsu in jujutsu kaisen
My guess is still that Miguel was involved in getting (another version of?) her back.

We'll either find out in the main series first or see what changes Gege makes in the movie.

Gustaf

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
We are still to find out, in original japanese the Rika he has now is written differently than in Volume 0, though I guess yeah maybe the end could be changed. But I doubt it. So many things from Volume 0 are referenced in JJK

i see,

i kinda get now why, gojou never thought that geto was behind of everything

because he was supposedly killed in Volume 0.

i always thought it was stupid that gojo enver supected geto, but i get it now

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017
Wonder if it's possible that New Rika is a shikigami that Yuta created in Rika's image. If he is able to manipulate cursed energy to copy other people's techniques, it wouldn't be too far fetched that he'd be able to create a Shikigami out of his cursed energy imo.

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017
i see,

i kinda get now why, gojou never thought that geto was behind of everything

because he was supposedly killed in Volume 0.

i always thought it was stupid that gojo enver supected geto, but i get it now
I mean tbf it's not actually Geto.

Brain was able to take over Geto because Gojo didn't secure Getos' body. But Gojo does say that Geto is supposed to be dead and deduces that it's not really him right before he's sealed.

Gustaf

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I mean tbf it's not actually Geto.

Brain was able to take over Geto because Gojo didn't secure Getos' body. But Gojo does say that Geto is supposed to be dead and deduces that it's not really him right before he's sealed.

i know, but thats why nobody suspected geto at all.

because he was already defeated a year ago.

i mean i dont know how people here handle the "kamo/geto" thing. but yeah, gojo defeated geto/geto, and then kamo invaded geto body.

Last edited:

Tabaxi

Nov 18, 2018
Whoever called season 1 ending with Todo/Mei recommending the others for promotion was right on the money.

Trafalgar Law

Nov 6, 2017
This kinda makes sense so origin of obedience can be like 4-6 episodes and then Shibuya can be 18-20 episodes

Also awesome yuta spotlight

It also means season 2 can end with the cliffhanger with all 3 of the main cast in despondent situations at the end of Shibuya and then end with teasing Yuta last image or him agreeing to hunt yuji

It's funny cause if all 3 special grades were around , they probably win but they were all kinda doing their own thing

Chase

Oct 25, 2017
So the section of the episode where Kugisaki is talking about there being so many chairs in her life is evocative of the imagery right before mahito's hit lands.

I hadn't made the connection before, so I went back and read the chapter and the language is kind of getting to the same point but worded differently. Wonder if they added it to the anime to link to that or if it was originally there and just translated in a way doesn't mention chairs like that.

Either way made me like the scene even more.

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
So the section of the episode where Kugisaki is talking about there being so many chairs in her life is evocative of the imagery right before mahito's hit lands.

I hadn't made the connection before, so I went back and read the chapter and the language is kind of getting to the same point but worded differently. Wonder if they added it to the anime to link to that or if it was originally there and just translated in a way doesn't mention chairs like that.

Either way made me like the scene even more.
nanami-says.tumblr.com

Part V (3/3): chapters 61~64

Chapter 61 [Esou about Nobara’s resonance] "A counter technique!! It's like a game of chicken... If I don't deactivate my technique, this will never end!" “A curse reversal technique! A game of...

OP
OP
Flow

Flow

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Florida, USA
Volume 0 is officially being turned into a movie!! Let's go!

this is the best idea.

Also, I am still firmly rooted in my belief that season 2 will split the shibuya arc up, or cover 2/3 thirds of it.

Chase

Oct 25, 2017
Movie for Volume 0 is nice. Looking forward to it. Geto's pelican bird curse thing going to get the big screen respect it deserves. Wonder if they will change the Inumaki design. Maybe we get a tease of whatever happens with Rika but maybe by the time the movie releases it will be explained in the series anyways.
nanami-says.tumblr.com

Part V (3/3): chapters 61~64

Chapter 61 [Esou about Nobara’s resonance] "A counter technique!! It's like a game of chicken... If I don't deactivate my technique, this will never end!" “A curse reversal technique! A game of...
Makes sense that it was originally there. Too bad it was lost on me originally but glad to know it was there now.

OP
OP
Flow

Flow

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Florida, USA
Think I preferred the manga version of Megumi's fight against the special grade, or at least how it made me feel.

the animated version is great, especially with the voiceover, but I had a "that's is moment?"

Chase

Oct 25, 2017
Geto VA narrating the cursed womb backstory is cheeky.
Volume 0 is officially being turned into a movie!! Let's go!

this is the best idea.

Also, I am still firmly rooted in my belief that season 2 will split the shibuya arc up, or cover 2/3 thirds of it.
Imagine if it ended with the nanami scene then announced Yuji vs Mahito the feature film lol
Think I preferred the manga version of Megumi's fight against the special grade, or at least how it made me feel.

the animated version is great, especially with the voiceover, but I had a "that's is moment?"
Yeah, it was solid in the anime but I like the visual of Megumi surfing on the domain more.

Surprised it was more subdued since the anime usually goes crazy for better or worse(for example whatever that ledge fall wall run flip yuji did in 24. Looked cool though).

convo

Oct 25, 2017
I have come to confess that my catching up to the manga did not include actually reading vol.0, and you know what? All the hints at what happened in that in the manga run and characters talking about the accomplishments of certain characters in passing made me pretty hype, "unconditional copying" like double take worthy reaction on my part. I don't really care about spoilers that much, but this sort of incomplete data point that vol.0 represents which i assume many only read afterwards makes for excitment at the very least.

OP
OP
Flow

Flow

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Florida, USA
Geto VA narrating the cursed womb backstory is cheeky.

Imagine if it ended with the nanami scene then announced Yuji vs Mahito the feature film lol

Yeah, it was solid in the anime but I like the visual of Megumi surfing on the domain more.

Surprised it was more subdued since the anime usually goes crazy for better or worse(for example whatever that ledge fall wall run flip yuji did in 24. Looked cool though).
Lol! You know, I wouldn't be too mad if they made it into a movie since the fight is quite long

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017
episode was fantastic but im a bit remiss that they took out the bits of narration right before the black flash hits. I know Gege didn't want a narrator so I don't know who would have mentioned it, but I really liked that bit of narration.

but It's a nitpick and mappa definitely knocked it out of the park. Hopefully we get s2 next year!

convo

Oct 25, 2017
No narration is a tricky restriction to work around but now that the anime is out and about, maybe Gege will make the effort of making important narration tied to characters instead of a disembodied narrator going forward.

Tabaxi

Nov 18, 2018
episode was fantastic but im a bit remiss that they took out the bits of narration right before the black flash hits. I know Gege didn't want a narrator so I don't know who would have mentioned it, but I really liked that bit of narration.

It's a shame, because I thought the call back to that bit of narration during the Shibuya arc when Mahito hits Yuji with black flash was really effective.

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017
It's a shame, because I thought the call back to that bit of narration during the Shibuya arc when Mahito hits Yuji with black flash was really effective.
Yeah...they might cut that too though tbh

also noticed that they removed the Wing King attack that was just about to hit Nobara before the Black Flash attack

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
It will indeed be interesting to see how they keep up re-purposing third person narrations as character monologue. The narration about Yuji's resistance to poison got turned into Nobara going all "MAH BREH YUJI GON' GIVE IT TO YA" internally.

Shibuya Incident has several moments where narration contains important information, such as why Toji turned into a semi-mindless murdercorpse shortly after his "revival", so I'm really curious how they will handle stuff like that.

Roliq

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 23, 2018
Seeing Nobara this last episodes makes a little sad that she doesn't get much to do later before getting her face exploded

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
So, rereading Volume 0, I do think they're going to make some changes in the movie to bring it a little more neatly into alignment with the rest of the series. Visual changes, of course - I would expect Gojo to have his blindfold, Yuta to have his haircut, if not the giant bags under his eyes, that kind of thing.

But there's some story, setting, and power level tweaks to be made as well. Maki isn't shown to be as superhuman as she is normally, and Gojo doesn't seem to have the kind of setting-warping effect he has in the series proper. Whole bunch of people seem not to recognize him or know what they're getting into. And I'd expect them to compress the front half and expand on the 4th part so they can show off more of the Parade, get a glimpse at Todo, the third (then second) years, etc etc.

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
So, rereading Volume 0, I do think they're going to make some changes in the movie to bring it a little more neatly into alignment with the rest of the series. Visual changes, of course - I would expect Gojo to have his blindfold, Yuta to have his haircut, if not the giant bags under his eyes, that kind of thing.

But there's some story, setting, and power level tweaks to be made as well. Maki isn't shown to be as superhuman as she is normally, and Gojo doesn't seem to have the kind of setting-warping effect he has in the series proper. Whole bunch of people seem not to recognize him or know what they're getting into. And I'd expect them to compress the front half and expand on the 4th part so they can show off more of the Parade, get a glimpse at Todo, the third (then second) years, etc etc.
I think Gojo will have his bandages, but yeah, I imagine they're gonna change bits of dialogue, including those concerning Geto's plan.

Gojo definitely didn't seem to have been conceived as a nigh-unbeatable mortal god at that point. His dialogue makes it seem like he'd be risking his life fighting Rikka and that the higher-ups could possibly eliminate him. Also, Geto's strategizing and evaluation of his chances doesn't feel like he's accounting for his God-level former buddy at all. I came away from Volume 0 feeling like he was meant to be this really strong Kakashi type, rather than the absolute apex he is in the serialization proper.

Also hope they give a better reason as to why he sent his first year students to deal with fucking Geto rather than getting over there himself.

Last edited: