• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 2779

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Volume 0 isn't even close to being meaty enough for a feature length film lol, it's going to be the Gojo flashback.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Watch it be a good ol' fashioned filler movie instead. I'd gladly take it for more Kugisaki and Fushiguro

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I guess everyone has settled on it being canon either independently or in some past convos I missed cause no one even suggested it'd be an original movie, like with the actual main character lol.

Edit: RochHoch!!!!!! lmao

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I still believe that SPV should be a part of the season 2. I get the hype of canon movies and all, but I have little confidence in them releasing it outside Japan before season 2.
How quickly do you think Season 2 would come out after the movie? It'd probably be the same staff making both so I'd expect the movie to be available to us before S2, like with Kimetsu now and Bungo Stray Dogs a few years ago.

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
How quickly do you think Season 2 would come out after the movie? It'd probably be the same staff making both so I'd expect the movie to be available to us before S2, like with Kimetsu now.
Exactly like Kimetsu. They're not releasing S2 anytime soon anyway. What with KnY s2 eating up hype and themselves working on other projects.

Mankoto

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 28, 2017
I still believe that SPV should be a part of the season 2. I get the hype of canon movies and all, but I have little confidence in them releasing it outside Japan before season 2.

I support this.
That's not going to be a problem. They'd be doing more harm than good releasing a movie and a show back to back like that if it does end up being a canon movie.

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
Since people cared about spoilers last week, it's from the usual leaker but take it with a grain of salt until someone posts scans confirming it

Here's the script

>That place
>Last week's Yuji and Megumi's conversation.
>Yuji: Okkotsu-senpai, I don't think I'll lose control even if I take in the remaining 5 fingers, but if I do kill me without hesitation. I think you're strong enough.
>Yuta: I'll do my best.
>Megumi: We'll go back to Jujutsu high and ask master Tengen how to undo the prison realm, Kamo's intention, and how we should proceed from here.
>Yuji: Doesn't Tsukumo know about that?
>Megumi: This is Tsukumo's idea
>Yuta: The problem is master Tengen's concealing barrier.
>(The barrier that was explained in earlier chapters)
>Yuji: I'm sorry, I have to ask this now.
>Megumi: ?
>Yuji: What happened to Kugisaki
>No dialogue
>Yuji: (Left fist clenching) I see....I understand....I understand....
>Choso: The "concealing" barrier or whatever it is, we might be able to do something about it.
>Yuta: So you were listening
>Yuji: What do you mean Choso?
>Choso: Back then, Mahito stole us and the fingers from Jujutsu high. We'll do the same thing as that.
>The scene changes.
>A room somewhere below Kousen
>
>Tsukumo and Maki (right eye is bandaged, she's badly burned)
>Maki: Its been a while... not really, I guess
>Yuji: Maki-senpai
>Tsukumo takes his hands
>Yuji: Oh, thanks
>Yuta: Maki-san. Are you alright to move already?
>Maki: Yeah, no problem.According to Tsukumo, the burn scars will remain even with Reverse Curse Technique.
>At the very end of the end, it was Maki who had no resistance to curses but a strong body who lived, and Naobito who died.
>
>Maki: Megumi, what about the Tengen-sama's barrier?
>Megumi: Thats...
>Choso: I'll talk from here. Between the door and the Star Palace, there is a storage safe housing cursed tools and cursed items. The safe is where the remains of my younger brothers are. Even though they are remains, with the side effect of my technique, I can sense them.
Star Palace is the underground big tree place Geto took Riko to in the flashback arc. Where RIko dies.
>Tsukumo: Good.
>
>Maki: Thats good and all. But who is this?
>Yuta/Yuji/Megumi:...
>Yuji: For now he's... my older brother...
>I look forward to this panel
>
>Yuji:(placing a hand on Megumi's back) Let's go
>Choso: Yujiiiiiiiii!!
>
>They open the door and proceed
>THey reach a storage like place
>Yuji: Choso.
>Choso: I know. I'll come for you later. Just wait a bit more.
>
>They go in some more.
>Yuji: These blood stains, something happen?
>Tsukumo: They're from over 11 years ago.
>An image of a man wrapped in a curse wielding a blade
>Yuta/Maki: ?
>
>??: Nice to meet you, Child of the Zen'in, Michizane's Blood, Death Womb Painting and, the Vessel of Sukuna.
>
>The All Knowing Sorcerer Appears
>
>Next Week No Chapter

Oct 25, 2017
Since people cared about spoilers last week, it's from the usual leaker but take it with a grain of salt until someone posts scans confirming it

Here's the script

>That place
>Last week's Yuji and Megumi's conversation.
>Yuji: Okkotsu-senpai, I don't think I'll lose control even if I take in the remaining 5 fingers, but if I do kill me without hesitation. I think you're strong enough.
>Yuta: I'll do my best.
>Megumi: We'll go back to Jujutsu high and ask master Tengen how to undo the prison realm, Kamo's intention, and how we should proceed from here.
>Yuji: Doesn't Tsukumo know about that?
>Megumi: This is Tsukumo's idea
>Yuta: The problem is master Tengen's concealing barrier.
>(The barrier that was explained in earlier chapters)
>Yuji: I'm sorry, I have to ask this now.
>Megumi: ?
>Yuji: What happened to Kugisaki
>No dialogue
>Yuji: (Left fist clenching) I see....I understand....I understand....
>Choso: The "concealing" barrier or whatever it is, we might be able to do something about it.
>Yuta: So you were listening
>Yuji: What do you mean Choso?
>Choso: Back then, Mahito stole us and the fingers from Jujutsu high. We'll do the same thing as that.
>The scene changes.
>A room somewhere below Kousen
>
>Tsukumo and Maki (right eye is bandaged, she's badly burned)
>Maki: Its been a while... not really, I guess
>Yuji: Maki-senpai
>Tsukumo takes his hands
>Yuji: Oh, thanks
>Yuta: Maki-san. Are you alright to move already?
>Maki: Yeah, no problem.According to Tsukumo, the burn scars will remain even with Reverse Curse Technique.
>At the very end of the end, it was Maki who had no resistance to curses but a strong body who lived, and Naobito who died.
>
>Maki: Megumi, what about the Tengen-sama's barrier?
>Megumi: Thats...
>Choso: I'll talk from here. Between the door and the Star Palace, there is a storage safe housing cursed tools and cursed items. The safe is where the remains of my younger brothers are. Even though they are remains, with the side effect of my technique, I can sense them.
Star Palace is the underground big tree place Geto took Riko to in the flashback arc. Where RIko dies.
>Tsukumo: Good.
>
>Maki: Thats good and all. But who is this?
>Yuta/Yuji/Megumi:...
>Yuji: For now he's... my older brother...
>I look forward to this panel
>
>Yuji:(placing a hand on Megumi's back) Let's go
>Choso: Yujiiiiiiiii!!
>
>They open the door and proceed
>THey reach a storage like place
>Yuji: Choso.
>Choso: I know. I'll come for you later. Just wait a bit more.
>
>They go in some more.
>Yuji: These blood stains, something happen?
>Tsukumo: They're from over 11 years ago.
>An image of a man wrapped in a curse wielding a blade
>Yuta/Maki: ?
>
>??: Nice to meet you, Child of the Zen'in, Michizane's Blood, Death Womb Painting and, the Vessel of Sukuna.
>
>The All Knowing Sorcerer Appears
>
>Next Week No Chapter
The spoilers are legit it seems

Mankoto

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 28, 2017
MBS Executive Is Mum on Possible 2nd Jujutsu Kaisen Anime Season

MBS Chief Programming Director Hajime Yokota thanked the viewers for the popularity of the Jujutsu Kaisen television anime in the broadcaster's late-night Super Animeism programming block, as well as via streaming.

Regarding a hypothetical second anime season, Yokota said, "Even though the manga series is still ongoing, we have no concrete information at the moment."

Kind of a shame that the movie leaked because this would be really cheeky otherwise.

AquaWateria

Oct 25, 2017
So Nobara is still in a dire condition because the way Megumi replied was sus. I know I shouldn't be surprised because Battle Shonens usually have their fakeouts when it comes to death when they do not explicitly show their bodies. Still, I'm worried about Nobara's condition because damn I really hope Gege doesn't kill her off since she's the character out of the trio that has the least amount of development imo.

Now that I think about it all three main characters have at least died once

Yuji died twice and came back to life
Megumi died and was in suspended animation during his summoning ritual and was revived by Sukuna
Now Nobara is dead in the clinical sense so she will probably come back to life somehow (Maybe through Yuta RTC or something else

convo

Oct 25, 2017
Still think vol 0 fits for a movie adaptation soley because it's not essential till later on, and anime-only folk will have enough time till that stuff gets animated to watch it.
Also was there a more complete collection of the fanbook translations somewhere that isn't a twitter thread?

wunsubdee

Mar 6, 2021
Volume 0 isn't even close to being meaty enough for a feature length film lol, it's going to be the Gojo flashback.
Have to agree.
Plasma Vessel would make for a way more hype movie too imo, unless they add scenes to the Vol 0 movie like Todo battling 1st grade curses without even using his technique
or Nanamis black flashes.

Last edited:

convo

Oct 25, 2017
Would the next season of the anime take another 2 years to come out? A movie before that seems fine even if it gets more story relevant arcs adapted to it. Or Gege goes hog wild and writes something original for that?

Jun 22, 2019
Man remember the days where if your shounen anime was popular you had to do seasons of filler instead of just simply going on a break until the manga progresses, on top of the already glacial pacing in the show to stretch more time out?
I find it so nice there can be long breaks in production now even when there's enough manga content to adapt.

Then again something tells me a Juju Stroll-styled filler season is something a bunch of people would actually clamor for.

convo

Oct 25, 2017
Man remember the days where if your shounen anime was popular you had to do seasons of filler instead of just simply going on a break until the manga progresses, on top of the already glacial pacing in the show to stretch more time out?
I find it so nice there can be long breaks in production now even when there's enough manga content to adapt.

Then again something tells me a Juju Stroll-styled filler season is something a bunch of people would actually clamor for.
I remember being really glad MHA got to have seasons instead of the death march of weekly filler, but i am not sure it started that trend. Definitly far superior than what the big three Naruto,Bleach and One Piece used to endure, i gave up on the One Piece anime besides the movies.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
Rereading the Choso fight, and it is so telegraphed the memory thing is a technique or something even with Gege denying.

Deleted member 16657

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Vol 0 is definitely a good choice for the movie storytellingwise, but you know its gonna be Gojo's story to cash in on the hype.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Ughhhh I really don't want that. It's gonna be enough of a PITA as it is to see Demon Train here in the states, I don't want to do that shit twice.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I gotta be honest I've been confused as fuck as to what's going on for the last like year in the manga lol.

Deleted member 2779

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Have to agree.
Plasma Vessel would make for a way more hype movie too imo, unless they add scenes to the Vol 0 movie like Todo battling 1st grade curses without even using his technique
or Nanamis black flashes.
It's been a while since I've read it but Volume 0 is like, the first half of a movie unless they add a bunch of extra stuff like you say.

At the end of the day, though, considering their options are adapting a story with their most popular character and a nobody, it's a no-brainer lol.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
I think Volume 0 has enough for a movie especially since they could flesh out some of the aspects Gege brings up but never touches on beyond that like all of Geto's followers. Could also show us stuff like Todo whooping ass on the Demon Parade.

Deleted member 2779

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The main concern is with Yuta as the star of a 90 minute film, I don't think his character turns enough corners to sustain this format. I'd much rather they spend more time giving him more to do/exploring his interiority than padding out the runtime with action setpieces which admittedly isn't what JJk is about.

jaekeem

Oct 27, 2017
They could flesh out Volume 0 pretty easily imo. Just work with gege and add some anime only stuff. Personally, I think making Yuta the star would actually be really good, since it seems like he's going to become a big player in the manga moving forward.

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
A volume 0 movie could flesh out Yuta's character arc and interactions a bit and also add to the runtime by showing us more of the Demon Parade.

Most of that event basically happened off-panel in the manga.

Chase

Oct 25, 2017
In between season 1 and 2, if it gets one, would probably be last chance to naturally slot in an original mission movie before the majority of the cast is sealed/severely wounded/depressed from being complicit of mass murder/dead(?) without going full on alternate world with things.

Hopefully if the movie thing is real they tease it soon to end speculation haha.