• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Chase

Oct 25, 2017
Might get our first day time chapter in a long while soon. Seems like we might see the cast regrouping but way chapter ends wouldn't be shocked if we jump ahead to them starting the game. 2,000 new characters to introduced too (and whoever else goes in).

Rereading the rules of the game and it is really set up to be a massacre. Biggest question marks is about the curse extraction and if there are multiple barriers/effectively 19 day rounds or just multiple entrances to same single barrier.

Continues to be a very bad time to be a normal person in this story if they can unknowingly enter these barriers.

Tabaxi

Nov 18, 2018
Yuji's mom's scars are different from Brain's. I wonder if she *used* to be a host, or something like that? Is that even possible?

In the databook Gage said that the scars are part of a binding vow, which is why Brain doesn't just use a reverse curse technique to heal them.

ENshaVAXYAAO4RU.jpg

It could be a different binding vow. The mom's scar lacks the string, so maybe Brain locked themselves into her body for a set timeframe in exchange for something?

convo

Oct 25, 2017
Continues to be a very bad time to be a normal person in this story if they can unknowingly enter these barriers.
I wonder what the greater jujutsu society will prioritize, can the normal people be rescued and evacuated from the barrier or is everyone who enters stuck there till the game is over? Getting rid of cursed individuals should be the main objective of high grade sorcerers, though Gege did say we can through those classifications out the window now with the release of all these curses and these awoken cursed users.

19 day also doesn't seem like enough time for Maki to recover but Nobora could still get in there plus every other student who can fight. It's looking to be a massive arc and everything that can be adapted right now will be certified barn burners for the anime audience, the trajectory is really only looking up here so long as production stays steady but next season already has some talented people looking forward to animating stuff.

Tabaxi

Nov 18, 2018
We also have Yuki confrontation with Tengen that was set up a few chapters ago. It would be a natural way to reintroduce Nobara and the others at the school.

The JJK world is such a bad place to be if you're a regular person.

Last edited:

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017

Its a fan cover of the song from Megumi breaking out his domain in episode 23 but in general I've liked a lot of the musical score for the anime. Can't wait for the official soundtrack to come out next month.

zeropercent

Teyvat Traveler
May 13, 2020
ohh right it was brain noritoshi kamo

I was so confused lol like how the fuck is starting a battle royale going to make anything about this situation better in any way whatsoever???

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
So, focusing on the rules for the battle royale - this is an extremely cool bit of setup. I assume curses are going to be worth some number of points themselves, thus providing a way for heroes to put points on the board without uhhhh committing atrocities, but the potential to exchange points for rules is fascinating. And the thing about needing to change your point total every so often is a good way of keeping people involved.

Bet we're going to get somebody who deliberately decides not to participate and opts for curse removal and that's how we find out that power removal is lethal.
In the databook Gage said that the scars are part of a binding vow, which is why Brain doesn't just use a reverse curse technique to heal them.

ENshaVAXYAAO4RU.jpg

It could be a different binding vow. The mom's scar lacks the string, so maybe Brain locked themselves into her body for a set timeframe in exchange for something?
Maybe. I just feel like Brain would've laid it out for him if that was the case, really stick in the knife, just to be a dick if for no other reason.

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia

Its a fan cover of the song from Megumi breaking out his domain in episode 23 but in general I've liked a lot of the musical score for the anime. Can't wait for the official soundtrack to come out next month.

I've been wondering if they were gonna use the dramatic part of that battle theme in the first season. Megumi's Domain Expansion is as good of a scene as any for that, I guess.

Last edited:

Chase

Oct 25, 2017
Still wondering about the cursed technique extraction. Random thoughts:
-Brain can turn someone into a curse than extract same as Mahito. So would be incapacitated.
-Already has an equivalent power that works on people. May or may not die?
-The game itself is a big cursed technique that enforces the rules.

If you can survive the cursed technique extraction then I guess you could hypothetically remain in the game without killing anyone. Which leads the question of how does this game end? Nothing about an ending in the rules, and adding a rule about ending the game might not be allowed depending on how you interpret the "long lasting effect" bit.

Things going to get wacky/wackier.

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017
did Yuta just leave choso on the street? Also lol that Yuji doesn't even seem to care that he's not there. Hope he comes back soon, I like big brother Choso.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
did Yuta just leave choso on the street? Also lol that Yuji doesn't even seem to care that he's not there. Hope he comes back soon, I like big brother Choso.
It's not like Yuji particularly likes Choso, he's just stuck with him since he refuses to leave at least Todo is fun when he's not an asshole

Also yeah is Choso on a street somewhere sleeping lol

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Unless Itadori goes back to get him or at least tell him he's okay, Choso's gonna bust into the culling game all of a sudden like "WHERE'S MY BROTHER? WHERE IS HE??!?!?!" just to complicate things further lol

Chase

Oct 25, 2017
Can Yuta enter the game and farm points by killing and reviving Yuji?

Ready for all sorts of loopholes

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017
It's not like Yuji particularly likes Choso, he's just stuck with him since he refuses to leave at least Todo is fun when he's not an asshole

Also yeah is Choso on a street somewhere sleeping lol
yeah but he was working together with him for however long after the Shibuya Incident, and Yuji doesn't really seem like the type to straight up ignore someone like that, esp. since they were supposed to meet up if they were able to escape Yuta and Naoya.

im sure he will come up again, just thought it was funny. a lot came up once he woke up.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
My totally wild & improbable prediction is that the next time we see Gojo free of the Prison Realm its gonna be as he proceeds to wreck all our protagonists while sporting a brand new line of stitches across his forehead and a new evil brain riding in his skull.

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
My totally wild & improbable prediction is that the next time we see Gojo free of the Prison Realm its gonna be as he proceeds to wreck all our protagonists while sporting a brand new line of stitches across his forehead and a new evil brain riding in his skull.
Well, brain needs a corpse in order to take over and the whole sealing business was because it was impossible for him and his temporary business associates he sometimes hanged out with to make a corpse out of Gojo.

One of the databook questions even asked about this and Gege was like "no Gojo too stronk", basically.

Blizz

Oct 25, 2017
Hoping for some new interesting characters with cool abilities (and designs), seems like I'll be served this arc.

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017
I hope we find out about Sukuna's cursed technique this arc, specifically what he was talking about when he fought Jogo

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
Remember when Gojo said that Sukuna's techniques would seep into Yuji's body over time?

If that is truly on the table, then I eagerly await a hype moment where Yuji concentrates and some fucker gets cut.

That and Sukuna's reaction to this clear case of copyright infringement.

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017
Watching Sukuna wreck shit 😩 Honestly I'd love to see the original Six eye user and the jujustsu users. It could be either a very long arc or even two. So much potential with this series
Honestly doesn't need to be long. Maybe the same length as Star Plasma arc. The story doesn't need a lengthy flashback arc imo esp if Gege says it's already halfway over

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Well, brain needs a corpse in order to take over and the whole sealing business was because it was impossible for him and his temporary business associates he sometimes hanged out with to make a corpse out of Gojo.

One of the databook questions even asked about this and Gege was like "no Gojo too stronk", basically.
Sorta like how Toji's body took over the possession, I bet.

Chase

Oct 25, 2017
Remember when Gojo said that Sukuna's techniques would seep into Yuji's body over time?

If that is truly on the table, then I eagerly await a hype moment where Yuji concentrates and some fucker gets cut.

That and Sukuna's reaction to this clear case of copyright infringement.
If it is in the cards, a giant battle royal designed to further develop cursed techniques seems like the opportune arc for Yuji to learn his.

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
I have been thinking about how season 2 could be paced, since we've been talking about it a lot lately.

How about this?

Cour 1: SPV (starting on episode 2 or the very end ep 1, bit extended in parts to help certain scenes land higher, includes the abridged account of how Volume 0 ended, even if just delivered via a narration with visuals or something), the lead up to Shibuya, Shibuya up until the sealing of Gojo, "I REPEAT, SATORU GOJO HAS BEEN SEALED" is the cliffhanger.

*break*

Cour 2: Rest of the Shibuya Incident. The episode ends on the Jujutsu higher-up orders and the final shot is Yuji sitting on a staircase, despondent.

I think this can work.

Hold on, I want to imagine the outcome of Zenitsu trying to chase and harass Sukuna.

Mmmmmm, that is a nice image.

Chase

Oct 25, 2017
Will be funny if next chapter jumps straight into the game and this Itadori execution stretch was actually the "downtime" between big arcs. Though with the game set up it doesn't have to be all fights all the time like Shibuya.

If it does jump straight to it watch us get no Kugisaki update for another 20 chapters.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
Damn I was always half joking about doing a movie so soon. I would think Vol 0 is well suited for a movie but I could also see Star Plasma if they wanted to get crazy with it.