• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As much as I had hoped to see Okkotsu fight Itadori for real, I guess neither was really trying to hurt the other and that's what amused Sukuna so.

Part of me hopes the reason why the good guys are getting so many heavy hitters - Okkotsu basically admitted already that he's actually stronger than Gojo but lacks the same broken abilities - is because the end game plan is indeed for Sukuna to revive himself much sooner than anyone anticipates and the final battle is him vs everyone else.

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
Well, turns out that the spoilers I saw aren't actual spoilers.

And also

That's fucked up.

Finally, I didn't expect this arc to turn into Greed Island Hunger Games. Does Cursed Technique removal result in the player's death?

Tabaxi

Nov 18, 2018
- Brain experiments with someone else's pregnancy to create the death painting curses
- death painting curses don't work out the way they wanted
- Brain: screw it, I'll do it myself.

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
Right, but why is the Culling game starting in the first place? And why is Kamo specifically tied to it?
Well, Kamo was telling Yuki about how he had "a dozen evil Yujis" he was gonna unleash, including Tsumiki.

Kamo is running the death game.

Right, but why is the Culling game starting in the first place? And why is Kamo specifically tied to it?'

Didn't Gege basically shut it down himself in a recent interview?
Yeah, but people still held onto the possibility that he was trying to sway the people off the trail in that interview.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Right, but why is the Culling game starting in the first place? And why is Kamo specifically tied to it?'

Didn't Gege basically shut it down himself in a recent interview?
Because Brain is a gigguk fan and wants a tournament arc

Really the story excuse would probably be to either gather the strongest survivors or some weird test or both

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Brain being his mom is funny and kinda fucked up but really funny

I can't wait for the
Yuji I AM YOUR MOTHER
NO THAT'S IMPOSSIBLE

Tabaxi

Nov 18, 2018
Brain's obsession is to surpass the limits of cursed energy, but found they couldn't do it under the heavily controlled conditions of their experiments . The tournament/game is basically forcing a natural selection/survival of the fittest type situation where curse users have to evolve if they want to survive.

It's similar to the current succession arc in Hunter x Hunter.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
Brain is gonna get aliens to visit Earth and really kick things off. Hopefully they don't look like bunny people.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
"Yuji, it's about your parents..."

"Stop, I don't care, Grandpa"

"Thank god. That would have been really weird to explain"

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Question is, did Brain kill his first wife or did Grandpa somehow knew that the actual wife is being puppeted or impersonate by someone else
Brain interrupted Grandpa

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
Brain: Yuji, I am your mother. Also your great grandfather, your cousin twice removed on your father's side, your pet dog growing up and... *pulls off Geto mask*... I'm also Jennifer Lawrence.

Chase

Oct 25, 2017
Packed, and crazy, chapter
-The absolute disrespect Yuta is showing Naoya is amazing lol
-Wonder what happened to Choso
-Wild flashback. Brain being a parent had been mentioned as a possibility but didn't think it would be as the mother. Neat twist on the usual surprise shonen dad deal. Grandpa seems to imply that brain may have led to the death of Papa Yuji's first wife? Suppose this is all if this flashback is to be taken at face value.
-Nice to see good ol' Yuta. Convo between him and Gojo was funny. Miguel staying away from Gojo haha. Him pointing out the difference between him and Yuji was interesting. Guess he is really good at reversed cursed technique now. Present day Yuta still seems slightly off unless it is just because he was tired from the act.
-Megumi/Yuji parts were great. Really wanted this talk to happen and it delivered for me.

Quite the hard cut to those Culling game rules. Seems insane. Wonder if extracting a cursed technique means death and that is why fake geto was so confident that everyone would fight. Yuji doesn't even have a cursed technique so how does that work? Try not to compare series, but the rules are some Togashi HxH boat stuff haha. Trading points to add rules is sure to be big.

Geto battle royale was more accurate than I expected.

Oct 27, 2017
Brain's obsession is to surpass the limits of cursed energy, but found they couldn't do it under the heavily controlled conditions of their experiments . The tournament/game is basically forcing a natural selection/survival of the fittest type situation where curse users have to evolve if they want to survive.

It's similar to the current succession arc in Hunter x Hunter.

Gege really is a fan of Togashi, isn't he?

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
We're about to meet a boatload of new characters considering the scale and stakes of the culling game. Im assuming at least half are gonna be your HxH jobbers who hang around for a little while before getting mulched. Maybe Yuji gets some more brothers along the way with their own flashbacks.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
We're about to meet a boatload of new characters considering the scale and stakes of the culling game. Im assuming at least half are gonna be your HxH jobbers who hang around for a little while before getting mulched. Maybe Yuji gets some more brothers along the way with their own flashbacks.
You mean YYH jobbers
It did it first lol
But yeah it's a tournament arc there's always only like 5 actual important enemies

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Because Brain is a gigguk fan and wants a tournament arc

Really the story excuse would probably be to either gather the strongest survivors or some weird test or both
Well, Kamo was telling Yuki about how he had "a dozen evil Yujis" he was gonna unleash, including Tsumiki.

Kamo is running the death game.

Yeah, but people still held onto the possibility that he was trying to sway the people off the trail in that interview.
Oh brain Kamo duh. That name will be the end of me lol. I thought they were referring to young Kamo, not Brain-Kamo.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Why did that poor boy's father name him after the most hated sorcerer of history?
Right? What a major dickhead lol

I need to see Nobara, it's getting legit painful not knowing what's up with her.
Saaame. Knowing Yuta can revive people and the fact that we saw Nobara lose an eye (anime loves making people lose limbs for a design change rather than killing them, especially eyes for eyepatches) makes me believe that she's more likely than not alive.

I feel like her return will be an end of chapter stinger soon.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
So Naoya went out there all cocky to kill Itadori and Megumi, and all he did was get his ass beat by Choso and then was sent off with his tail between his legs to play messenger for Yuta

Zenin Clan stay loosing lmao

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Why would you name your kid after universal agreed Worst Sorcerer in history, a blight on your clan history
The fucking Josef Mengele of Sorcerers

Tabaxi

Nov 18, 2018
I want to know more about why Miguel joined up with Yuta. Gojo mentioned him this chapter, but we still don't know what they've been doing.

Tabaxi

Nov 18, 2018
I just realized Gege revealed Yuji is related to the death paintings the same week Yuji will kill Eso in the anime.

Just sprinkling in some retroactive fratricide for the manga readers.

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
I don't see where you're getting him being related to Death Paintings outside of Brain being in Kamo's body in the past.

Brain used Kamo's blood not their own to make death painting. Brain was in a different body when they made Yuji.

Tabaxi

Nov 18, 2018
I don't see where you're getting him being related to Death Paintings outside of Brain being in Kamo's body in the past.

Brain used Kamo's blood not their own to make death painting. Brain was in a different body when they made Yuji.

Brain being a parent to both Yuji and the paintings would still make them relatives. Even if it's in a weird, convoluted non-blood related way.

Won

Oct 27, 2017
Seriously, you can't start another arc without a Nobara update. I'm sure there is a law against that!