• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
It's tricky. I agree they need to adapt it, especially with Yuta returning this arc. But there's also Star Plasma arc they would need to adapt in season 2, and I don't think having both in one season works well.

They could turn one of them (probably Star Plasma) into a movie, and adapt Volume 0 in season 2. They could also do Volume 0 as its own mini season between season 1 and 2.
If one of these had to be a movie or an OVA, I think I'd go with Volume 0. However, I would also try to include a TL;DR version of the Volume 0's conclusion within the season that contains Plasma Vessel. Perhaps Gojo or Yaga could narrate that Geto finally made his move years later and died.

Omitting SPV* would hurt Shibuya arc for anime watchers way more than V0.

I think I'd have SPV as the mini-season in that scenario.

* I have zero faith in any such movie releasing outside of Japan in a timely manner.

Mankoto

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 28, 2017
So Mappa won't do a second season of the anime and will move to chainsaw man?
There's no reason for them not to. They've been working on this since the release of the manga's second volume. This stuff is all done and planned and worked out years in advance. It's not like they acquired the rights to a Chainsaw Man anime back right when they announced it.

MAPPA has seemingly been good with their production schedules this year. For instance the production of God of Highschool was completely finished when the show started airing. And on the radio show/podcast Nobara's VA mentioned that one her favorite parts of the show is "one of the last parts", and that was over a month ago now. The only outlier they have in the last year is AOT and that's because there is very little time to get it done.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
And on the radio show/podcast Nobara's VA mentioned that one her favorite parts of the show is "one of the last parts", and that was over a month ago now. The only outlier they have in the last year is AOT and that's because there is very little time to get it done.

oxv84l8ulqo51.jpg

I can't wait.

IHaveIce

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It's tricky. I agree they need to adapt it, especially with Yuta returning this arc. But there's also Star Plasma arc they would need to adapt in season 2, and I don't think having both in one season works well.

They could turn one of them (probably Star Plasma) into a movie, and adapt Volume 0 in season 2. They could also do Volume 0 as its own mini season between season 1 and 2.
I feel like they should just adapt everything as normal show episodes. Movies just hurt the pacing.

Do we have a timeframe for season 2?

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017
i think if Brain really is connected to Yuji's lineage like Choso said (of course this could still be fake due to the memory thing), then Yuji might really have some relation to Sukuna.

also one of my top anticipated moments for the anime is Nanami absolutely obliterating the guy with the hand sword. So good.

OP
OP
Flow

Flow

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Florida, USA
All of next season is just going to be a major flex by the animation team. Only current anime I cna think of that are on par is Demon Slayer and Fire Force

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
This made me go back and reread that arc. Man, Nobara is an actual psycho in the best possible way.

Couple of things that stuck out to me rereading Shibuya:

- Whatever happened to Choso (I still think Gege is full of it about it being unrelated to Todo), it wasn't Sukuna. There's a glance at the man inside looking out and being all annoyed with Yuji, then acting confused right as Choso starts reacting to his imaginary memory. And no matter the truth of his relationship with Yuji, it was fake. Brother or not, they weren't having tea parties.

- Sukuna's fingers are all slightly different from one another. When Jogo unrolls his collection before he feeds them to Yuji, the bases of the fingers have different features. One has plants growing off it, another has crystals forming, a third has tentacles, and then there's a bunch more I had trouble identifying. I think that maybe each one corresponds to a different technique, and that's how Sukuna can do so much stuff.

- Man, Mahito really is a next-level bastard. I'd forgotten about the hand puppet.

- After Todo shows up, he begins stripping for reasons that are not entirely clear to me. Tosses off the jacket and literally rips his shirt in half. Wasn't damaged or anything.

- I could probably write an essay on how this series handles sexuality compared to something like Bleach. When your "pose for fanservice" female character is wearing a... well, I don't know what it is, but it covers her from the top of her neck right down to her ankles, it hits different than when you've got women with ta-tas the size of her head covered mostly with the power of positive thinking. There's ways to do "sexy" designs that aren't just gross otaku bait. (And of course giving them character and agency and personality goes a long ways, but at the end of the day a bad design is a bad design)

- I say that, and then the character in question is apparently naked in bed with her much younger brother. Oy vey. Forgot about that.

- How big is Choso? He's sitting down and clutching his knees and the man is nearly as tall as the doorway. Or is this some tiny door for some reason? I have so many questions. Can he grow and shrink at will? Does Japan have tiny cubbyhole doors for maintainence robots to come out of, or are workers supposed to crawl?

- We were talking about Miwa's hair: I think it's naturally blue, or at least, not naturally black, and I don't quite see why she'd dye her hair blue if her mother dying her hair black was a sticking point in her past.

- Given that China is also highlighted in the "US and middle east will object to your plan" panel but goes unmentioned, I think that it might just be a bad translation. Maybe that'll get cleared up in the volume.

Last edited:

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
After that French interview, Gege's been doing his homework.

DNtlsN7.png

Some more of his favorite authors/works:

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
Spoilers for upcoming chap

Seems like Brain was in Yuji's mom's body when he was a baby. Creepy

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
Rough translation for a part of the posted Korean script

>Jin: What's wrong? If you are going to talk about her I'm going back
>Grandfather: Jin, I don't care about how you want to live your life, but don't get close to that woman, you'll die
>J: Don't talk about that stuff in front of Yuuji (over a baby bed)
>J: Babies can unexpectedly remember things
>G: I know you couldn't have kids with kaori, but Kaori is already
>?: Father in law, what are you talking about (a woman with a scar similar to Getou on her forehead)

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
I am very tempted to click on those.

I will try to exercise self-restraint.

This is one of the cooler MMVs I've seen. The way they "animate" them is amazing. Also appreciate how they included the un-adapted arcs. It is very brief (especially death and maiming) and someone not up to date with the manga might not quite understand the spoilers they are seeing go by very fast. Kinda clever, if intentional.

Sukuna's Domain obliterating an entire chunk of the city is one of those areas I think the animation team could go nuts on. It's over pretty quickly in the manga. I imagine the anime with the right people could be an absolute horror show.
They could even show Inumaki getting caught in it.

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
Chap outline

First part is kinda wonky so take it with a grain of salt

Yuuta heals Naoya and tells him to go back and report Yuji is dead. ?

He killed and healed Yuji to get out of his binding vow, as in his heart stopped for a sec. ?

Flashback to the mom with scars, no stitches.

Megumi comes and asks for help to save Tsumiki.

Kamo (fake Getou) has organized a "revolution of death". There are also rules
Tsumiki is involved
the rules are explained, apparently there are 8 rules.
the game of death begins

Bengraven

Oct 26, 2017
Florida
Hold up, you're anime-only?!

Now I feel bad for throwing spoilers at you, but I suppose you got spoiled elsewhere if you were asking that.

You're good! I asked you! I came in on accident a couple days ago when last week's chapter came out and saw that she got hurt. When I saw the new chapter was out I wanted to make sure she was okay so I don't invest in her too prematurely. I'm ignoring all the other comments. I already know that the David Bowie looking teacher dies so I'm very careful now.