• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
At least Naoya called out the family being hypocrites with Toji
though he hides a weapon so people will think he's cool so whatever

Chase

Oct 25, 2017
Choso doing it for sanctity of the big brother role. The blood powers continue to be cool/look great visually.

Lost it at Yuta apparently dragging Yuji through the city by his hood, disposing Choso with one hand, then roasting Naoya. Dude has to chill out.

These fights finished faster than I would have guessed. Maybe some Yuta reveals next chapter or Megumi showing up? Every additional chapter Big Bro Choso doesn't die in I'm considering a win.

WhiskerFrisker

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
Choso doing it for sanctity of the big brother role. The blood powers continue to be cool/look great visually.

Lost it at Yuta apparently dragging Yuji through the city by his hood, disposing Choso with one hand, then roasting Naoya. Dude has to chill out.

These fights finished faster than I would have guessed. Maybe some Yuta reveals next chapter or Megumi showing up? Every additional chapter Big Bro Choso doesn't die in I'm considering a win.
I'm glad these fights are finishing quickly. It feels like forever waiting for weekly updates

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
F82-D14-B0-62-FD-4123-B76-D-40267891-F53-C.jpg

youtube.com

Yujiro Hanma VS Muhammad Ali Jr | BAKI 2020

Yujiro Hamna VS Muhammad Ali Jr | BAKI 2020BAKI NETFLIX バキ

Nisaba

Oct 28, 2017
Canada
I like Choso, his fight this chapter was fun. If I remember right, isn't he technically a special grade cursed spirit that was force fed to a regular human in order to awaken and take over the body? Or was that only his two younger brothers where that happened?

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
142Choso doing it for sanctity of the big brother role. The blood powers continue to be cool/look great visually.

I s'pose there's no real need for fights to drag on. They end quickly so the stakes are much higher, which is nice. It seems decisive blows are much more, well, decisive.

I do appreciate how quickly shit just gets done in manga like Jujutsu Kaisen and Chainsaw Man. Too many manga can spend months on a single battle or multiple battles occuring simultaneously and that's kinda lame.

Shorter manga that aren't necessarily aiming for 700+ chapters with quicker fights are very welcome to me.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I s'pose there's no real need for fights to drag on. They end quickly so the stakes are much higher, which is nice. It seems decisive blows are much more, well, decisive.

I do appreciate how quickly shit just gets done in manga like Jujutsu Kaisen and Chainsaw Man. Too many manga can spend months on a single battle or multiple battles occuring simultaneously and that's kinda lame.

Shorter manga that aren't necessarily aiming for 700+ chapters with quicker fights are very welcome to me.

Till we get Jujutsu Kaisen Z where we find out Yuji was an alien the entire time.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
Does that Zenin realize he is fighting a Cursed Spirit? Do Cursed Spirits die from blood loss?

Deleted member 2779

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The brother talk between Naoya and Choso was starting to get a little interesting. Actual drama in this series is sorely missed.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
I thouhht about that aswell, does he think choso is a curse user instead of a curse spirit?

Also man gotta wonder what yuta did exactly and how sukuna didn't came out
I realized something like Choso can still be seen by people right sinch he's half human right

Anyway I don't think Choso identity was ever disclose to anyone besides Yuji right so i guess Naoya only knew there was asshole who worked with Geto and now follows Choso

I feel like if Naoya knew he was cursed he would be a lot less cavalier with it he seems like the kind of guy to not take curses sentience seriously

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe the manga will cover this at some point but I'm kind of surprised there isn't a curse that is based on mankind's fear of darkness and the unknown. It's probably one the oldest and strongest feelings humanity has had and it's everywhere. I'd expect something like that to be on the level with Sukuna.

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017
Does that Zenin realize he is fighting a Cursed Spirit? Do Cursed Spirits die from blood loss?
It was said int he chapter that Death Paintings can convert their cursed energy into blood and they wont die of blood loss unless they run out of cursed energy

also i think Choso comes off as a sorcerer rather than a cursed spirit

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I said it stupid, I meant "does he think they die from blood loss"
ohhh gotcha

yeah i think Choso just comes off as a human, since cursed spirits can heal themselves I dont think they can die from blood loss

speaking of, wonder if choso has as easy of a time healing as pure cursed spirits do

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I think that the thing about Choso and the brothers is that they're not strictly spirits. They're sort of hybrids, the products of Brain's experimentation.

I think that when they were running from Yuji and Nobara the truck driver could see them, too.

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017
kinda feel like the memory manipulation happened to Yuta and that's why Sukuna was surprised lol...there was a similar panel when it happened against Choso, although Sukuna didn't smile afterwards

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe the manga will cover this at some point but I'm kind of surprised there isn't a curse that is based on mankind's fear of darkness and the unknown. It's probably one the oldest and strongest feelings humanity has had and it's everywhere. I'd expect something like that to be on the level with Sukuna.
Someone been reading chainsaw Man

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017
also, this might be a crazy theory...but if Brain truly is Yuji's father, I wonder if it's possible if Yuji is some sort of clone of Sukuna? Could explain his superhuman strength and the ability to suppress Sukuna's soul inside his body...and why they look exactly the same lol. That would mean Brain had planned Yuji's entire life out so he would eventually consume Sukuna's fingers though (cue Sosuke Aizen). Could be kinda neat?

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
also, this might be a crazy theory...but if Brain truly is Yuji's father, I wonder if it's possible if Yuji is some sort of clone of Sukuna? Could explain his superhuman strength and the ability to suppress Sukuna's soul inside his body...and why they look exactly the same lol. That would mean Brain had planned Yuji's entire life out so he would eventually consume Sukuna's fingers though (cue Sosuke Aizen). Could be kinda neat?
I always assumed it's because he's possessing Yuji so he looks like him now
If he possess Nobara he would look like her but with the markings and extra eyes

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017
I always assumed that Sukuna was merely manifesting with his host's body and that wasn't what he looked like in life.

JJK lore seems to give the body some degree of influence over the soul, so it would make sense.
I always assumed it's because he's possessing Yuji so he looks like him now
If he possess Nobara he would look like her but with the markings and extra eyes
yeah this could be true and I've definitely thought of it, but even in Gege's illustrations of Sukuna in his original form he still bears a heavy resemblance to Yuji. You could def argue that this is just to keep the story and designs more cohesive and I don't even know if I believe the clone thing, but it could be a neat possibility.

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
yeah this could be true and I've definitely thought of it, but even in Gege's illustrations of Sukuna in his original form he still bears a heavy resemblance to Yuji. You could def argue that this is just to keep the story and designs more cohesive and I don't even know if I believe the clone thing, but it could be a neat possibility.

It did strike me as interesting that the second illustration has pink hair.
I would actually watch that. The sheer degree of back-and-forth sass would be GLORIOUS

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Yuji being Sukuna descendant would explain a lot
There's a lot of coincidence unless Brain did some Aizen shit

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
Gege did mention in the fanbook that Yuji's hair colour is natural. Which is interesting considering other characters are stated to explicitly dye their hair.
I know Nobara's hair is dyed, but what about Miwa?

You know, it'd be kinda clever if Gege used Physically Gifted Heavenly Restriction as a red herring for Yuji's superhuman strength. We all assumed that Yuji was a person born with HR that became able to use Curse Power anyway due to becoming Sukuna's vessel.

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
I genuinely wonder if they are gonna bother putting in Volume 0 in the second season.

It can very much work as a movie, but I feel that they need to include the outcome of the arc somehow. Like the fact that Geto was killed by Gojo after being defeated by one of Gojo's top students mentioned way back is important for anime watchers to know.

Tabaxi

Nov 18, 2018
I genuinely wonder if they are gonna bother putting in Volume 0 in the second season.

It can very much work as a movie, but I feel that they need to include the outcome of the arc somehow. Like the fact that Geto was killed by Gojo after being defeated by one of Gojo's top students mentioned way back is important for anime watchers to know.

It's tricky. I agree they need to adapt it, especially with Yuta returning this arc. But there's also Star Plasma arc they would need to adapt in season 2, and I don't think having both in one season works well.

They could turn one of them (probably Star Plasma) into a movie, and adapt Volume 0 in season 2. They could also do Volume 0 as its own mini season between season 1 and 2.