• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Mankoto

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 28, 2017
Even if all of it is pure action, condensing 54 or so chapters of Shibuya into 13 episodes would be utter madness.

Trafalgar Law

Nov 6, 2017
star plasma and volume 0 can fit into 8 episodes ( adapting gojo to about 3 chapters per episode, which can work ) and make it chapter of volume 0 an episode
shibuya can be 16 episodes , which is around 3.5~ chapters per episode, which kinda works sees as a lot of it is action

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
I feel like a movie without the main character wouldn't get greenlit

Let's see if they can squeeze the flashback and Shibuya into 24 episodes

The Namekian

Nov 5, 2017
New York City
Ehhh, I feel like there's too much stuff from Star Plasma that's pivotal in Shibuya. Tojo, Gojo's relationship with Geten - that's not "cool mystery" if you don't know who they are, it's just confusing.

True but unless they give it a arc (and I really think they need to give it a dedicated episode or two) I don't see how you sell it before Shibuya outside of "it's a JJK movie".

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Gojo's past arc is so perfect to kick off season 2 and set up the backstory for the main arc.

Im just not sure how you cram nearly a hundred chapters into a single 24-6 episode season without it making season 1 look slow paced or having to end it at ab awkward point like what happened with One Punch Man season 2. I suppose they could do a longer season run but that seems pretty rare these days except for a couple of shows like Pokemon.

OP
OP
Flow

Flow

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Florida, USA
Im just not sure how you cram nearly a hundred chapters into a single 24-6 episode season without it making season 1 look slow paced or having to end it at ab awkward point like what happened with One Punch Man season 2. I suppose they could do a longer season run but that seems pretty rare these days except for a couple of shows like Pokemon.
The shibuya arc is big enough that they could split it or finish up the climax and conclusion in season 3 without it feeling awkward.

end it right where yuji is about to take on Mahito.

edit. Shibuya arc is about 57 chapters, which is easily a season of anime by itself

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The shibuya arc is big enough that they could split it or finish up the climax and conclusion in season 3 without it feeling awkward.

end it right where yuji is about to take on Mahito

I feel that's like cutting off the Chimera Ant arc in the middle of the palace invasion. Even if they find a spot it's gonna be an awkward series of events to break up.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
If Shibya arc can be effectively condensed into 13-ish episodes, then I would have it as a second cour of season 2.

The first cour would be Star Plasma Vessel, maybe even Volume 0 and would end on the Mechamaru fight, probably.

Two flashbacks one after another could be awkward though.
Helps that Shibuya is mostly fights you could condense a lot especially when it's not weekly

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Right

This season 2 is going be interesting

This is also including the fact that action and fights have been lengthened and expanded a decent amount in the anime. The a panda/mechamaru fight had entire lengthy sequence of them added where they're fighting on and off the roof tops before Panda fakes him out and finishes him off.

I imagine stuff like Sukuna versus the ultimate Shikigami would be crazy even beyond what the manga gave us. Just him unleashing his domain and annihilating an entire section of the city would look insane.

Chase

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty sure if there is a two cour season two they will fit it all in for better or worse. Would be like 73-74 chapters to get through end of Shibuya arc so about 3 chapters per episode which is about the rate of the second cour of season 1.

Seems like there is a light that will be a nightmare to adapt. For example, Gojo's fight is like a 1 v 4 in a packed subway. Can't think of many fights in crowds haha. Could end up looking cool though. They'll just have to pick and choose their spots I suppose.

Last edited:

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pretty sure if there is a two cour season two they will fit it all in for better or worse. Would be like 73-74 chapters to get through end of Shibuya arc so about 3 chapters per episode which is about the rate of the second cour of season 1.

Seems like there is a light that will be a nightmare to adapt. For example, Gojo's fight is like a 1 v 4 in a packed subway. Can't think of many fights in crowds haha. Could end up looking cool though. They'll just have to pick and choose their spots I suppose.

I was reading a lot of animation talent wants to work on the Shibuya arc like some of the people behind the most impressive parts of AoT.

jaekeem

Oct 27, 2017
I really think Shibuya needs its own season. At least 15-18 eps.

I think the prequel and the Gojo arc could both just be their own smaller season.

Bengraven

Oct 26, 2017
Florida
Thought this was the anime thread and clicked and before I exit quickly with only a couple spoilers, Maki better fucking survive.

The smart, quiet, purple/green haired secondary female characters in glasses are my favorite trope in anime.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I can't wait to see Toji animated. Dude was an absolute beast in his two appearances. I feel like he could have soloed most of the curses in Shibuya had he taken them on. He fucking wrecked Dagon.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So Mappa won't do a second season of the anime and will move to chainsaw man?

Unless something goes amiss I don't see any reason Mappa wouldn't do season 2 or why CSM would affect things when they've got several projects going at once at most times. They haven't announced anything yet but the season isn't even over. I also think there is some JJL related event soon after the season finishes so there might be announcements then for the future projects.

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017
hmmm

so what happens now lol...Sukuna being surprised must have been something Yuta was doing since Megumi didn't show

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
What does Sukuna do all day inside Yuji
Maybe that's why he always looks bored
Does he wake up Yuji up to call him a bitch or something

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Didn't Gege mention that Sukuna is talking to Yuji a lot but he just doesn't acknowledge it? I can just imagine it's like that Bojack Horseman episode where we get his toxic inner monologue but it's Sukuna just shitting on Yuji non stop.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if JJK will be to Mappa what MHA is to Bones
A big Shonen that they keep going to pay for other stuff

Rutger

Oct 25, 2017
Naoya is going to somehow insult Maki while Yuta is nearby and then Choso will gain an eleventh brother.

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
Nayoa getting rekt is pleasant, but I don't quite understand Choso's winning move there.

Supernova is when he shoots blood out of the blood orb like a shotgun, right? Did he trip Nayoa up by drawing blood from over Nayoa's side or what?

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Nayoa getting rekt is pleasant, but I don't quite understand Choso's winning move there.

Supernova is when he shoots blood out of the blood orb like a shotgun, right? Did he trip Nayoa up by drawing blood from over Nayoa's side or what?
Supernova is when explodes the blood he shot

He used against Yuji by allowing to dodge the blood laser then having it explode behind him

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
Yeah, Yuji is 100% not dead, which implies that Yuta never intended to kill him for real. He must have pulled something funky, which is the cause for Sukuna's reaction last chapter.

Lmao fucking Yuta. His hair really throws me off. I like chapter 0 Yuta hairstyle
It made him look too much like Megumi, so it had to go.
Supernova is when explodes the blood he shot

He used against Yuji by allowing to dodge the blood laser then having it explode behind him
Still don't quite get what happened in this chapter. Did Nayoa start moving expecting straightforward blood lasers only to have it explode in his face?

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, Yuji is 100% not dead, which implies that Yuta never intended to kill him for real. He must have pulled something funky, which is the cause for Sukuna's reaction last chapter.

Still don't quite get what happened in this chapter. Did Nayoa start moving expecting straightforward blood lasers only to have it explode in his face?
I honestly don't get it either
I don't think that's it because i don't think it would matter when his tactic is to move Choso strikes
I have to look at the page again maybe it's the blood laser he used that Naoya dodged or the blood on his skirt

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017

Actually yeah he did shoot a blood that exploded in front of him and Naoya was thinking why isn't he releasing his attack

I guess he did though it was a laser not a blood bomb and was faked out

Tabaxi

Nov 18, 2018
Last chapter, Naoya said the blood laser attack was the one thing he had to worry about when fighting someone who could use blood manipulation. He wasn't expecting Choso to create an explosion of blood shrapnel and got caught. I thought it was pretty fitting that a traditionalist like Naoya was defeated by Choso using an established technique in a new way.

Plus, Projection Sorcery works by planning out your movements in advance. So he was pretty much screwed once Choso acted in a way he didn't predict.

Choso stans were well fed this chapter *

* it's me, I'm Choso stans.

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017
The 24 FPS technique kinda reminds me of Killua's Whirlwind technique with more drawbacks. I hope the anime explains it a bit more than the manga did. I get how it works sort of but not completely.