• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Chase

Oct 25, 2017
Panda birthday. Wonder if we will see the third core for an extended period of time before the end of the series.
I remember hearing about the no narrator thing but since the Cursed Tool explanation scene where I'm pretty sure they had Ijichi narrate what was in the manga, I think the mandate is more about no narration from someone who isn't an actual character, rather than no narration from someone who isn't in the scene. So presumably Ijichi could handle anything where they can't have anyone in the scene monologue.
Ichiji gets taken out like 10 chapters into the arc so maybe not him. Or they cut to him bleeding out but still delivering the info.

They will have to get creative about how they convey some stuff /pick and choose what narration to repurpose.

Chase

Oct 25, 2017
Poor Kokichi placing between Mei Mei and Naoya...

Wonder if they would have fared better if listed name as mechamaru.

airbagged_

Jan 21, 2019
Charleston, SC
Read 80 chapters in a day and I'm just floored. Shibuya Arc is one of my favorite reads in a long time. It's gonna blow minds if/when they get to it in 3 years.

Oct 25, 2017
Gojo going, "dafuq was that?" At Megumi doing a sacrificial bunt really stands out after knowing Gojo calls him out on that later.

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
The beginning of episode 21 made me wonder, does Mahito care about his Curse pals? Like the other three Curses obviously care about their comrades, but what about the malicious cunt? That scene made it seem like he does, but then in the Shibuya arc when Jogo breaks the news about Hanami to him, he's like that Jeremy Clarkson meme.

Oct 25, 2017
The beginning of episode 21 made me wonder, does Mahito care about his Curse pals? Like the other three Curses obviously care about their comrades, but what about the malicious cunt? That scene made it seem like he does, but then in the Shibuya arc when Jogo breaks the news about Hanami to him, he's like that Jeremy Clarkson meme.
Mahito acted like he cared about Junpei as well. I don't think he's capable of caring at a level near what a compassionate human does. They just strike me as means to an end. He'll maintain his tools till the tools can't do their job anymore.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Mahito comes off as kind of the classic sociopath archetype. Very good at playing like he gives a damn.

OP
OP
Flow

Flow

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Florida, USA
Mahito is the "joker" of the series. H has made it clear he only cares about his survival till the very end

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia

It is a good question though. What is Sukuna doing in his Sukuna-dimension inside Yuji? Like I've noticed that he is actually paying attention to what is going on outside at all times, even though he mostly stays quiet.

Dude must be hella bored

Last edited:

Deleted member 52442

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 24, 2019

hes a pretty clear cut sociopath imo, reminds me of a character from the demon slayer manga

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
At least Naobito animation frame rate technique is alive in asshole Naoya
Naoya is Wrecking Choso, makes sense if he's supposed to be Naobito successor who wrecks Dagon
Don't know why Sukuna is smiling suspicious
Rika needs explanation

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
Mahito just wants chaos and really dislikes humans, that's why he like Jogo thinks that even if they all die as long as they can free Sukuna they win.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Mahito is made from hatred of humans
Of course he hates humans lol but yeah he's just in it for the fun

Chase

Oct 25, 2017
Mahito tells Junpei that he is proud to call the other curses his friends, and I'm inclined to believe that. Though, he states he doesn't see any value in life and puts following his own impulses above all else (and that is what he thinks a curse is). I guess we can take his theories about what it means to be a sentient curse at face value based on Hanami's reaction? Mahito's form name when he found his "true soul" is perfect embodiment of distorted killing or whatever so those impulses aren't great!

Was rereading some chapters and it jumped out to be that similar imagery is used when Sukuna talks about humans/cursed spirits not meeting their full potential and when Geto does the same.
gZEQRKg.png
cuElwC0.png
Kind of reminds me of how the core of cursed energy is depicted but might be overthinking it.
OQIUASq.png

All this to say, am expecting some crazy cursed energy/core of cursed energy stuff by series end! (which is pretty much explicitly stated anyways haha).

Tabaxi

Nov 18, 2018
I thought of this after seeing Uraume's first appearance in the anime this week. But we know now they're over 1000 years-old, since Gege confirmed they personally knew Sukuna back when he was "alive." So Uraume totally used their ice ability to cryogenically freeze themselves until Sukuna could be reawakened right?

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
I thought of this after seeing Uraume's first appearance in the anime this week. But we know now they're over 1000 years-old, since Gege confirmed they personally knew Sukuna back when he was "alive." So Uraume totally used their ice ability to cryogenically freeze themselves until Sukuna could be reawakened right?
Do we know that Uraume is human?

Couldn't they be an ex-human Curse like their master?

Inb4 I missed someone explicitly saying they were human.

EDIT:

Chapter 141 is out on Mangaplus!

I think Yuuta is pulling some sort of a bluff here.

Sukuna's reaction to Yuji getting stabbed leads me to believe that something is afoot.

*removed the spoiler tags, since it seems they aren't necessary, once a new chapter is out on Mangaplus*

Last edited:

Tabaxi

Nov 18, 2018
Chapter 141:
- That definitely looks like the real Rika. Hopefully we get an explanation soon.
- I knew Naobito's cursed technique was too cool to die with him.
- Choso top ten manga big brother.
- Random speculation: Like Yuji, Yuta knows what it's like to have a soul attached to his. Meaning he should be able to attack the shape of a soul like Yuji or Mahito. So I wonder if Yuta's plan is to destroy the pieces of Sukuna attatched to Yuji's soul.

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
Is it not possible that Rika's fate was simply retconned? While a lot of Volume 0 lines up perfectly with the actual serialization, some minor parts stuck out to me.

Namely, it felt like Gojo wasn't meant to be as godly powerful as he is in the story proper.

So maybe Gege changed some things around?

Tabaxi

Nov 18, 2018
Is it not possible that Rika's fate was simply retconned? While a lot of Volume 0 lines up perfectly with the actual serialization, some minor parts stuck out to me.

Namely, it felt like Gojo wasn't meant to be as godly powerful as he is in the story proper.

So maybe Gege changed some things around?

That would've made the most sense, but in the fanbook this week we got this:

Source: https://twitter.com/soukatsu_/status/1366006884025647107/photo/3
Q: Was Okkotsu still a special grade sorcerer after the solution of Rika's curse?
A: There was once when he became a 4th grade sorcerer. And that's why he wore black uniform at the end of volume 0. (It was white before because he was a problem child, that way, people can quickly see where he is). He made a comeback after that.

So it does seem like Gege kept the ending of Volume 0 canon.

Won

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe Yuta got another girl called Rika killed. You never know with this manga.

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
So I was thinking on holding off on reading Death Painting because its about to be animated, but I went ahead and did it.

Boy, Nobara is badass as all fuck in that arc. A bit scary too.

All three of them in fact. Gojo raising kids with killer instinct.

Yeah it looked like Sukuna wanted to step into stop Itadori from dying but stopped cz either 1. someone else was coming to do that (Fushiguro) or 2. Yuuta wasn't actually trying to kill.
It is interesting to me that Sukuna is now interested in preserving Yuji's life.

When Yuji tried to coerce Sukuna to help him on the account of "I die, you die" in the Cursed Womb arc, the latter told him to fuck off, because there were plenty of pieces outside of Yuji for him to continue living. However, at the time, there was just two fingers worth of Sukuna inside of Yuji, now there is 15. Two or three fingers might be an acceptable loss, but if Yuji dies now, Sukuna loses a whole 3/4 of his full power! At least Yuji has got that safety net going for him now, even if Sukuna commits war crimes every time that happens lol

Tabaxi

Nov 18, 2018
Sukuna looked like he was in pain to me. I think Yuta's attack hit his soul and the smile was due to Sukuna being impressed.

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
- That definitely looks like the real Rika. Hopefully we get an explanation soon.
Her name however is not spelled the same way. Obv viz doesn't do translation notes. There is something going on for sure.
Sukuna looked like he was in pain to me. I think Yuta's attack hit his soul and the smile was due to Sukuna being impressed.
He was smiling if you mean the final page with his mouth. Before that he was just annoyed at Yuji.

Chase

Oct 25, 2017
-Gege still committed to making Yuta look miserable every panel. At least he said sorry at the end! Rika looking extra spooky with that void they are popping out of. Curious what the full deal with both of them is.
-Still haven't wrapped my head around projection sorcery but the visual used for it is neat.
-Yuji officially making it into the Big Bro Choso sibling count. Concern level for him surviving is like 9.5/10.
-Sukuna smile. Immediate reaction/guess is that Megumi is now nearby. Could we be close to Sukuna using the swap?

Was wrong about the chapter name. Guess it will keep changing.

Boxy Brown

Oct 27, 2017
Kind of confused here. I thought they wanted to exorcize Yuji right away to get rid of Sukuna once and for all. Unless the translation was wrong...

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
I'm still gonna hope that that early panel with Miguel has some connection with Rika.

zeropercent

Teyvat Traveler
May 13, 2020
You know, I respect that Gojo was trying to let his students learn at their own pace probably because it's a luxury he and his peers were never afforded, but uh it's not really working out now that he's gone and shit hit the fan, lol

Oct 25, 2017
Sukuna's reaction does remind me of when he noticed weird shit going on with Choso earlier, but it also could be noticing Yuta isn't trying to kill kill.

OP
OP
Flow

Flow

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Florida, USA
Read all of Volume 0 the other day which is honestly the best leading into the last 5 chapters. My biggest question is how did RIka come back?

Sukuna most likely noticed Megumi or was impressed by the power of yuta+rika