• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
I'm now wondering: do I want Tite to design Jujutsu characters of Gege to write a Bleach sequel?

Tabaxi

Nov 18, 2018
Some of the reactions to Gege's interview have been gold:

b029f55296067abf4bc4c111ce4a7b33c6986b2e.jpg

ea7253ca65a6ec7d32e2270c3a2de1ba2ed351f9.jpg

56dece7689453067b46f034b01fcc6d63650d304.jpg

2c9b426578c5f2ffbc36bdd5a8501ff07d06015a.jpg

tecl0n

Oct 25, 2017
I may or may not have binged all the shows eps in the weekend.
I may or may not have read all chapters between yestereday and today.

i do know that the last arc was fucking brutal.

Oct 25, 2017
I may or may not have binged all the shows eps in the weekend.
I may or may not have read all chapters between yestereday and today.

i do know that the last arc was fucking brutal.
I think I did a two day binge. All I know was that I was reading the end of this season in one day and the next day I was caught up in a daze and dizzy, shit was brutal.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017

Mankoto

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 28, 2017
Some people just never change. Although I guess that was to be expected after Burn the Witch.

Tabaxi

Nov 18, 2018
You can tell Gege was getting uncomfortable near the end. Kubo is such a fucking creep.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
He used Bleach as an example of how to develop characters? Man. (no comment on Kubo's... tastes later in that interview. yuck)

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Gege awkwardness of the female characters is funny

Not sure i understand the "aversion" is he not comfortable writing female characters or something i don't think i understand his answer

It could be translation

Last edited:

Deleted member 52442

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
Kinda seems like he's afraid to do a submissive woman character for various reasons including reader reaction, and Kubo reluctantly agrees that readers want stronger women characters

I mean, I'll take a bunch of "unyielding" women characters versus a bunch of submissive ones, but it's possible to do high quality women characters that are "graceful"

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Kubo is probably right that JJK readers probably aren't for "graceful" characters depending on what they mean

Trafalgar Law

Nov 6, 2017
The internet is forming backlash against the praise that JJK gets for its women
But it's well done , they're all independent and cool , have a good head on them , very varied and unique in personalities designs and motivations , not over sexualised, very cool moments and backstories and not a central arc as someone's love interest
It's early but it's still very well done so far

Deleted member 52442

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
The internet is forming backlash against the praise that JJK gets for its women
But it's well done , they're all independent and cool , have a good head on them , very varied and unique in personalities designs and motivations , not over sexualised, very cool moments and backstories and not a central arc as someone's love interest
It's early but it's still very well done so far

whats the backlash

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
When Kubo doesn't like your female characters, you know you're doing something right.

Mankoto

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 28, 2017
Gege awkwardness of the female characters is funny

Not sure i understand the "aversion" is he not comfortable writing female characters or something i don't think i understand his answer

It could be translation
Looks like it was a bad initial TL.

To me there is a big difference between saying "I don't like them" and "I don't have a favorite". But it's still Kubo.... So...

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like it was a bad initial TL.

To me there is a big difference between saying "I don't like them" and "I don't have a favorite". But it's still Kubo.... So...

fucking translators how dare they take their free time to translate

but seriously the whole interview read weird

I still don't understand what Gege means by aversion

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
There might be some missing nuance, but tbh it all lines up too well with the way shonen authors handle women generally, lol.

Like, I love JJK's female cast, but take a look at those power rankings and there's a pretty notable gender gap. There's always gonna be something.

Mankoto

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 28, 2017
fucking translators how dare they take their free time to translate

but seriously the whole interview read weird

I still don't understand what Gege means by aversion

After what happened with My Hero, I just want to be clear I didn't mean to bash the translator to any degree.

Anyway, maybe Gege doesn't feel "comfortable" writing woman and only does when he has to? I really don't want to dig too deep into the meaning of what he said there.

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
The way Yuji just sorta seems resigned to his presence is pretty funny to me, tbh. I'm not gonna dwell on it.
Well, to be fair, Yuji feels guilty for Sukuna's rampage that took way, way more lives than Choso did. Plus, he hasn't actually seen him kill civilians. Also, yeah, it is kinds amusing.

But it will be so awkward if Gojo comes back and sees him defending Choso.

Oct 25, 2017
Heh, Gojo is the person who's well-being I'm worried the least about right now.

The only damage he will sustain is psychological, once he learns how things worked out without him on the scene.
I'm honestly just assuming he's dead, same with Nobara and Maki.
I know I still have not recovered. I need to know him and Nobara are all right!!!
Also kind of pissed about what happened to Inumaki. Dude got an arm cut off for like no reason.

Tabaxi

Nov 18, 2018

Uraume (the curse user with ice powers who helped out Brain) was Sukuna's personal chef.

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
Doesn't really change much.

Especially when his own taste involves naming characters Cquntnire and giving them a vagina window.