• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
There's this youtuber who's anime reactions I enjoy watching.

She is constantly worried about characters dying or getting hurt too badly, to the point where she was apprehensive about Todo's flashback last episode (worries about death flags and all).

Boy Shibuya arc is gonna do a number on her lol
I fear for Nanami fans and anybody that refers to Maki and Nobara as "baby girl" anytime they pop up on screen.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
To be fair, Mei Mei did train until she made her ability useful, was a plot point. The worshiper/slave relationship with Ui Ui is mega creepy doe.
Yeah she's clearly not weak i won't be surprised if she turns out to be 1st grade
Also clearly buff

But UI UI seems to be pigeonhole by Mei Mei to be useful to her and not himself all his abilities seems to benefit her

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Also i didn't know that Yuta was training with the black dude (foreigner) Gojo beat in Volume 0 who was with Geto

i guess after seeing Gojo he obviously picked the wining side

Oct 25, 2017
isn't that same time they revealed that they revealed or Miwa thought that she should easily be at least Grade 2 (Miwa said she could easily take out Grade 2 spirits)
Regarding that stuff I only know what the anime covered. All I remember is Mai saying Maki is supposed to be weak. I'd have to double where Miwa's supposed to be on the power rating that they were following. Miwa seemed Grade 3 or something though.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Regarding that stuff I only know what the anime covered. All I remember is Mai saying Maki is supposed to be weak. I'd have to double where Miwa's supposed to be on the power rating that they were following. Miwa seemed Grade 3 or something though.
"Stupid Mai" - Miwa when she's getting her ass rocked

Edit:
a27dmZO_460s.jpg

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
Maki = Bleach' Sado. Sure, he couldn't see Hollows but that doesn't stop him from punching them.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
211792.gif
God damn that was a hype chapter. The fights in this series just feel so visceral. Also lmao at Choso becoming this important, who would've thought?

He's growing on me

Last edited:

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Apparently Brain not being Noritoshi Kamo and Kamo just being one of the bodies Brain controlled in the past was a decision/advice by the editor. Gege didn't know what to do with him.

Editor also apparently came up with the School setting, Goodwill event, Yuji's early "death" as a hook.

Guess having good editors is important, Kishimoto just learned this with Samurai 8.
See this is a bit of a mixed bag for me, because while I enjoyed the goodwill event and Yuji's early death was a great moment, I really really really REALLY want more shonen series that are NOT in a school setting. Really really.

So I think that while their advice may or may not have helped overall, if the original plan was to not set it in a school, I at least want to see the version of this that doesn't have that level of editorial oversight.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
See this is a bit of a mixed bag for me, because while I enjoyed the goodwill event and Yuji's early death was a great moment, I really really really REALLY want more shonen series that are NOT in a school setting. Really really.

So I think that while their advice may or may not have helped overall, if the original plan was to not set it in a school, I at least want to see the version of this that doesn't have that level of editorial oversight.
I also prefer my fighting teenagers manga to not be set in schools these days but at least the school setting here feels pretty decorative. The characters feel like professionals who have more experienced professionals guiding them, especially since the Shibuya incident.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I also prefer my fighting teenagers manga to not be set in schools these days but at least the school setting here feels pretty decorative. The characters feel like professionals who have more experienced professionals guiding them, especially since the Shibuya incident.
I'd also favor them not being teenagers! They can do that. They have the powahhhhh. Nothing stopping it from being Jujutsu College with 19+ characters if you really must set it in a school.

And yes, the school setting here is mostly decorative, but "fortunately they don't actually use the storytelling device they've set up" isn't much of an endorsement of that storytelling device, lol.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I'd also favor them not being teenagers! They can do that. They have the powahhhhh. Nothing stopping it from being Jujutsu College with 19+ characters if you really must set it in a school.

And yes, the school setting here is mostly decorative, but "fortunately they don't actually use the storytelling device they've set up" isn't much of an endorsement of that storytelling device, lol.
Lol fair point. Just if nothing else, it doesn't feel like a detriment to my enjoyment.
And yeah Jujutsu College Jujutsu U would be even better.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Lol fair point. Just if nothing else, it doesn't feel like a detriment to my enjoyment.
And yeah Jujutsu College Jujutsu U would be even better.
Oh, sure. In this specific case I agree, it being highschool set barely comes up so it doesn't annoy me at all. Just peaking generally.

And it'd be SO EASY to change it to Jujutsu U. Age everyone up like 2-3 years. Yuji's just graduated, last day of school, considering a bunch of crazy sports scholarship offers, hanging out with his clubmates one last time. Then everything else proceeds as before.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Oh, sure. In this specific case I agree, it being highschool set barely comes up so it doesn't annoy me at all. Just peaking generally.

And it'd be SO EASY to change it to Jujutsu U. Age everyone up like 2-3 years. Yuji's just graduated, last day of school, considering a bunch of crazy sports scholarship offers, hanging out with his clubmates one last time. Then everything else proceeds as before.
Yeah it does seam like a seamless change with just everyone being older.
One thing to look forward to when Hollywood gets their hands on this I suppose...

spam musubi

Oct 25, 2017
I think one thing that can ultimately put a ceiling on this series is that it seems like it has a relatively definite ceiling on power, a tangible end point, and a relatively small cast of characters. So far, nothing we've seen points to this series being able to conclude its main storyline and then go on for other story lines, like the previous big 3 did. Personally, I actually prefer that, but not sure if it will ever be as evergreen as something like those.

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
I think one thing that can ultimately put a ceiling on this series is that it seems like it has a relatively definite ceiling on power, a tangible end point, and a relatively small cast of characters. So far, nothing we've seen points to this series being able to conclude its main storyline and then go on for other story lines, like the previous big 3 did. Personally, I actually prefer that, but not sure if it will ever be as evergreen as something like those.
The same was true for Demon Slayer and yet...

OP
OP
Flow

Flow

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Florida, USA
Having a super popular anime will sky rocket the sales of any manga, but it also helps that JJK is filling the void of several popular manga series ending within the past few years.

spam musubi

Oct 25, 2017
Yes and it destroyed all ceilings and sold a whopping 82 million volumes in 2020, which is supposedly more than the best yearly performances of the "big three" combined.

That is what meant, I didn't mean to imply that it didn't have a definite end point.

I'm not saying it won't sell well or break records? It's about lasting power and being an "evergreen" franchise like OP/Bleach/Naruto. You know, Jump's bread winner. Demon Slayer is obviously doing really well right now, but in a couple of years without an ongoing anime, or manga, or OVAs to milk, etc, it won't be filling the void those franchises left in Jump's roster. All I'm saying is it will be interesting to see if the series finds a way to progress past the obvious end point that it's building towards, or even wants to. Bleach kind of did that with the Soul Society arc, but it feels like they had a larger roster of characters to draw from than JJK does. Basically, just curious to see where this franchise is in like 5+ or so years.

Jun 22, 2019
All I'm saying is it will be interesting to see if the series finds a way to progress past the obvious end point that it's building towards, or even wants to.

I seriously hope the author doesn't try to keep milking it purely because it's popular.

You've been using the word "evergreen" when it sounds like you mean to say "milkable."

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
That bit in Todo's mentor's conversation with Geto (or whoever that is supposed to be) about Japan having a disproportionate amount of curses and cursed power going around due to some factor that I don't quite grasp (having not actually read much) is a dead giveaway that the series is not gonna run too long.

That felt like Gege putting an intentional cap on series' scope. It would have been extremely easy to just say that there are some ultra-powerful curses and Jujutsu sorcerers operating abroad and have them show up whenever, but the author seems like he is curtailing that on purpose.

It is kinda disappointing, because I wanted some sick ass foreign voodoo shamans and witch doctors to show up (I know about that Miguel guy, but it seems like foreign sorcerers are supposed to be rare), but I can also respect the decision somewhat.

P. S. It is possible I completely misunderstood that conversation for a number of reasons.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
It could also be an explanation why we haven't seen them so much this far, but maybe current events lead to an explosion of cursed energy around the world. But yeah, that depends on how long he wants to go.

spam musubi

Oct 25, 2017
That bit in Todo's mentor's conversation with Geto (or whoever that is supposed to be) about Japan having a disproportionate amount of curses and cursed power going around due to some factor that I don't quite grasp (having not actually read much) is a dead giveaway that the series is not gonna run too long.

That felt like Gege putting an intentional cap on series' scope. It would have been extremely easy to just say that there are some ultra-powerful curses and Jujutsu sorcerers operating abroad and have them show up whenever, but the author seems like he is curtailing that on purpose.

It is kinda disappointing, because I wanted some sick ass foreign voodoo shamans and witch doctors to show up (I know about that Miguel guy, but it seems like foreign sorcerers are supposed to be rare), but I can also respect the decision somewhat.

P. S. It is possible I completely misunderstood that conversation for a number of reasons.

Until we end up going to Maldicion Mundo, where Sukuna, after leaving Yuji's body, escapes after killing Miwa and kidnapping Kugisaki, and Yuji and the gang go to retrieve her and meet a whole new wacky cast of curses.

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
Will Yuji and the new foreign exchange students be able to exorcise the powerful duo of the newfangled special grade curses, the CLIMATE CHANGE CURSE and the PANDEMIC CURSE? Will Megumi be able to survive Grigori Yefimovich Rasputin, who was actually a Jujutsu sorcerer who returned as a Sukuna-level curse after his death?

Find out in the next episode of Jujutsu Kaisen: World Tour

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Yuji will team up with Sukuna Junior to fight Alien cursed spirits

Also starring Yuji and Jennifer Lawrence son

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
Will Yuji and the new foreign exchange students be able to exorcise the powerful duo of the newfangled special grade curses, the CLIMATE CHANGE CURSE and the PANDEMIC CURSE? Will Megumi be able to survive Grigori Yefimovich Rasputin, who was actually a Jujutsu sorcerer who returned as a Sukuna-level curse after his death?

Find out in the next episode of Jujutsu Kaisen: World Tour
I thought Hanami would cover climate change.

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
Hanami is more fear of Forests, he just happens to care about the enviroment

I think the poster means a spirits that represents negative feelings about climate change
Yeah.

The explanation of how curses are born made wonder what insane disaster curses would be roaming around the world, especially when it was said that city curses are stronger due to higher population. Can you imagine how fucked we would have been last year if negative emotions birthed actual demons?

Trafalgar Law

Nov 6, 2017
I'm not saying it won't sell well or break records? It's about lasting power and being an "evergreen" franchise like OP/Bleach/Naruto. You know, Jump's bread winner. Demon Slayer is obviously doing really well right now, but in a couple of years without an ongoing anime, or manga, or OVAs to milk, etc, it won't be filling the void those franchises left in Jump's roster. All I'm saying is it will be interesting to see if the series finds a way to progress past the obvious end point that it's building towards, or even wants to. Bleach kind of did that with the Soul Society arc, but it feels like they had a larger roster of characters to draw from than JJK does. Basically, just curious to see where this franchise is in like 5+ or so years.

it's the highest grossing movie ever in Japan
Demon slayer is different gravy when it comes to popularity in Japan , it might have the most intense peak in popularity ever
There's going to be merch and media material for years and years

Deleted member 2779

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The series is going to end on a new status quo for the Jujutsu world if like 30% of Gojo's dialogue is any indication lol. They could easily tease a bigger world without making it sequel bait e.g. hints at stronger international cooperation between Jujutsu sorcerors. I prefer endings where the main characters get a definitive conclusion but the world keeps on spinning albeit not in the way we saw at the beginning of the story.