• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah Yuta is actually about this action. Of course for now he's not going all out, but since we now know Yuji has no "mind control" abilities, he's basically screwed until someone hops in to save him. Or he's able to talk Yuta down.

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
Maki is the key.

AzLK4f4.png

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
Alright, so yesterday, after having my ass spoiled semi-voluntarily, I went and read the climax of the Shibuya arc, by which I mean everything that transpired after Sukuna came out, but I knew the context of what was going on.

I still wanna hold off from reading rest of the manga until the anime concludes, but HOLY FUCKING SHIT

SHIIIIIIIIIET

When this Shibuya shit gets animated, the franchise will explode even more. This manga seriously went places and I haven't had these kinds of vibes since fucking Hunter x Hunter.

And boy does MAPPA have some fucking material to get some boys and gals to do some sakuga. Not having read the full arc, how big is it? Do you think they could pull a Mugen train and make it into a feature film or would that be bad for pacing?

Dougieflesh

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Milky Way Ghetto
Alright, so yesterday, after having my ass spoiled semi-voluntarily, I went and read the climax of the Shibuya arc, by which I mean everything that transpired after Sukuna came out, but I knew the context of what was going on.

I still wanna hold off from reading rest of the manga until the anime concludes, but HOLY FUCKING SHIT

SHIIIIIIIIIET

When this Shibuya shit gets animated, the franchise will explode even more. This manga seriously went places and I haven't had these kinds of vibes since fucking Hunter x Hunter.

And boy does MAPPA have some fucking material to get some boys and gals to do some sakuga. Not having read the full arc, how big is it? Do you think they could pull a Mugen train and make it into a feature film or would that be bad for pacing?
It's like almost 70 chapters. This would have to be it's own 24 episode season.

Oct 25, 2017

SHIIIIIIIIIET

I finished reading all of it...in a day...I think this can't be done in a movie, but damn is it good.

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017
It's like almost 70 chapters. This would have to be it's own 24 episode season.
I don't really know how they're going to handle the anime after this season ends. If they end with the death painting arc then the only major arc before the Shibuya arc is the flashback arc, no? So will they split up the Shibuya arc? Or do a shorter season with just the flashback arc? Dunno how theyre gonna handle it

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I don't really know how they're going to handle the anime after this season ends. If they end with the death painting arc then the only major arc before the Shibuya arc is the flashback arc, no? So will they split up the Shibuya arc? Or do a shorter season with just the flashback arc? Dunno how theyre gonna handle it

Hidden Inventory + Prequel manga series

And then maybe Death Painting + Shibuya?

And then the current arc?

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017
Hidden Inventory + Prequel manga series

And then maybe Death Painting + Shibuya?

And then the current arc?
Seems like they will do Death Painting for the end of this season, no? After ep 21 how else would they fill the last 3 eps? They could do ch 55-63 and end it on Todo and Mei Meis promotion recs as someone mentioned in the thread earlier

Chase

Oct 25, 2017
-A lot of this is building off the aftermath of Shibuya, but have enjoyed how well this was set up and brought to a head confrontation wise in a relatively short chapter span.
-lol at Big Bro Choso just being like "oh yuji, what a handful". Don't die.
-Yuta is crazy strong and not messing around. I like the black background panels with the white cursed energy covering the majority of the panel space. Neat that they are opposite fighting styles since they also were both introduced with opposite mind sets. Yuta wanting to believe it is right to keep living and Yuji wanting to find a proper death (is this maybe reversed now? Yuta's eyes certainly look dead).
-Panda gotta come through and talk down his pal. We never got a Panda Yuta hang out in volume 0 so now is the time haha. Fanbook said Yuta dropped down to 4th grade before returning to special. Wonder if we will learn more about that.
-Nanami's "curse" keeping Yuji going still bittersweet.

Tabaxi

Nov 18, 2018
I know it was somewhat addressed in this week's chapter, but has the six eye ability ever been fully explained yet?

convo

Oct 25, 2017
Shibuya arc was sorta the Marine Ford arc in terms of stuff happening that impacts the world, and also a point of popularity for One Piece because it really got popular more than usual at that time. Another two years will be quite something to deal with if Gege wants to delve deeper into international Jujutsu activity, or a flashblack featuring the origin story of our favorite king of curses.
I know it was somewhat addressed in this week's chapter, but has the six eye ability ever been fully explained yet?
Other people and gojo only sometimes refer to its abilities. It can tell the true nature of things and he can tell what someone's cursed technique is and even some details about how it works like those goons in the hidden inventory arc. Yuta's comments and some other info in past chapters suggest the eyes sorta give the user the mental processing power to make use of limitless techniques effectivly and also to use cursed energy as efficiently as possible.
The eyes are like a an extra CPU to handle all the calculations of using advanced techniques imo.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That chapter was so goooooood. I love how both Itadori and Okkotsu are analysing each other the whole time, figuring out what the other can do. The way their combat styles are totally opposite to each other is a nice contrast as well. Really not sure how Itadori is going to get out of this one and now I'm not even sure if Sukuna can help. It seems as though Okkotsu might actually possess more raw power than Gojo and I'm not sure Sukuna has enough strength yet to handle that.

Chase

Oct 25, 2017
Wonder if next chapter will be execution part 2 and so on.

Season 1 of anime seems like it will do 1-63. If there is a 2 cour season 2 then I think it could be 64+Hidden Inventory+Evening Festival+Shibuya Incident. Maybe end with Yuta introduction. That would be 64-137. Shibuya fight episodes would probably move faster and make up the difference.

Oct 25, 2017
Catching up to the manga the same week that Gojo used Hollow Purple to show how much he's an "I win" button is actually very interesting. After the Jougo fight I was wondering just what would happen to him because he removes stakes only to find out that he gets removed from the plot was great. I can only imagine what the anime crowd reaction will be. He's basically Jujutsu All Might.

jaekeem

Oct 27, 2017
Shibuya arc with quality of S1 would shoot this series into AoT levels of hype among anime viewers imo

So many good fights from start to finish. Just absolutely bonkers.

Oct 25, 2017
Shibuya arc with quality of S1 would shoot this series into AoT levels of hype among anime viewers imo

So many good fights from start to finish. Just absolutely bonkers.
The reactions to "That character you've loved since season 1 is dead/horribly disfigured" will be great. Luckily I will have a few years to process that. Nanami's death was so fucked up and I'm not going to be ready to see him in that state with glorious animation.

jaekeem

Oct 27, 2017
The reactions to "That character you've loved since season 1 is dead/horribly disfigured" will be great. Luckily I will have a few years to process that. Nanami's death was so fucked up and I'm not going to be ready to see him in that state with glorious animation.

Yeah his death hit me hard

I was expecting him to die during the arc he was introduced in. I felt like there were so many death flags.

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
What if a "certain character" from AoT S4 horrifically maimed and killed your favorite characters while acting like a Looney Tune the whole time? That's Mahito. The hate wouldn't compare

Oct 25, 2017
What if a "certain character" from AoT S4 horrifically maimed and killed your favorite characters while acting like a Looney Tune the whole time? That's Mahito. The hate wouldn't compare
I'd put Nobara on a tier higher than that character to be honest. Granted her living or dying is up in the air, but she ain't going to be the same if she's alive. Also Mahito isn't the other AOT character.
Yeah his death hit me hard

I was expecting him to die during the arc he was introduced in. I felt like there were so many death flags.
Dude got his backstory too early like a Jojo Part 5 character.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
IDK AoT spoilers but Mahito is gonna draw so much hate, it's gonna be great.

The reactions to Brain snagging him is gonna be wild too.

IHaveIce

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Uhh does that interview suggest that Yuji might actually be a member of the Kamo family? He totally debunked the mind-control theory. The Kamo "blood- doping" technique could be how Yuji is doing these amazing feats of athleticism
Super weird that Todo gets it then aswell, but Todo is weird afterall.. I mean he also discusses stuff with Tadaka in his fantasy world.

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
Apparently Brain not being Noritoshi Kamo and Kamo just being one of the bodies Brain controlled in the past was a decision/advice by the editor. Gege didn't know what to do with him.

Editor also apparently came up with the School setting, Goodwill event, Yuji's early "death" as a hook.

Guess having good editors is important, Kishimoto just learned this with Samurai 8.

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
There's this youtuber who's anime reactions I enjoy watching.

She is constantly worried about characters dying or getting hurt too badly, to the point where she was apprehensive about Todo's flashback last episode (worries about death flags and all).

Boy Shibuya arc is gonna do a number on her lol

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017

She is constantly worried about characters dying or getting hurt too badly, to the point where she was apprehensive about Todo's flashback last episode (worries about death flags and all).

At least Todo won't die haha

IHaveIce

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Was this SMF

IHaveIce

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Sorry for doublepost.

But something that is on my mind is how much I love Jujutsu Kaisen as Manga AND Anime, but every Interview or explanation by the author puts me off and makes me worried for the series end.

Only 2 years left? Doesn't like Yuji that much? Many of my favorite moments were actually ideas from the editor?

Man you better don't fuck the ending of this up. This series has still so much potential left and is so great. Ending it in 2023 feels way too soon IMO

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
Also can we talk about that really disturbing scene of Mei Mei at the hotel abroad?

I just hope it wasn't what it looks like. The brother (Ui Ui, was it) being clothed gives me hope it wasn't that.
Their relationship is fucked either way even if not sexual, she basically groomed him into a slave who worships her.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Apparently Brain not being Noritoshi Kamo and Kamo just being one of the bodies Brain controlled in the past was a decision/advice by the editor. Gege didn't know what to do with him.

Editor also apparently came up with the School setting, Goodwill event, Yuji's early "death" as a hook.

Guess having good editors is important, Kishimoto just learned this with Samurai 8.
So that's why y'all call it "Brain". Cause I thought it was actually old Kamo.

From what I've read online, Attack on Titan also seems like a series that benefited a lot from having a good editor who insisted the author figure out a lot of his story/world early on.
Sorry for doublepost.

But something that is on my mind is how much I love Jujutsu Kaisen as Manga AND Anime, but every Interview or explanation by the author puts me off and makes me worried for the series end.

Only 2 years left? Doesn't like Yuji that much? Many of my favorite moments were actually ideas from the editor?

Man you better don't fuck the ending of this up. This series has still so much potential left and is so great. Ending it in 2023 feels way too soon IMO
I don't think the editor part should make you concerned if Gege is still working with the same editor.

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017

Source on this?

I thought I had read that Gege came up with the Itadori 'death' because the series was low in popularity at the time and it would either make readers more interested or serve as an early ending for the series. Guess it could have been his editors idea but the wording didn't seem like that from what I remember.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Their relationship is fucked either way even if not sexual, she basically groomed him into a slave who worships her.
Hey how else are you going to get a get out of jail free card that counters domain expansions and teleport when enemy is too strong

Actually train pfft where's the money

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Editors are not always bad sometimes

There are creators that are better of doing stuff their own besides the occasional input or advice because the editor they got either suck or incompatible

There are creators that honestly need an editor to rein their worst impulse or tendacies (i don't necessarily something #problematic i mean writing tendacies) and keep them on track

None of this applies to Gege because i don't anything about Gege