• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 52442

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
I think the way that Gege has handled Gojo in the series is perhaps the best I've seen any Shonen aside from maybe Demon Slayer handle a character so broken and OP that they could have been the main character. The way the world reacts to Gojo is what I wished we saw more of in stuff like Dragon Ball.

Yeah it's really good. I would have though you just couldn't do OP characters well honestly

Tabaxi

Nov 18, 2018
Do we know what the last three episodes of Season 1 are adapting? Because I can see them doing the prequel.

convo

Oct 25, 2017
Do we know what the last three episodes of Season 1 are adapting? Because I can see them doing the prequel.
The prequel this season? No that's too important to get done now, its relevance to current events makes for a good special or movie. Death painting arc should be able to fit and it would be nice to end on Megumi getting his due at the end of the season.

Chase

Oct 25, 2017
Some interesting bits of info coming out between the data book preview and the airing of the interview.

Last edited:

Tabaxi

Nov 18, 2018
Two interesting bits:

Also Gege being unable to resist giving out spoilers and then having to bleep them out:

convo

Oct 25, 2017
So Todo was a weirdo all along, and Choso and Yuji have a for real connection that may be related to Brain.

Deleted member 52442

Banned
Jan 24, 2019
what in tarnation

todo's thing sort of comes across like that in the anime, but the Choso stuff was weird (although by that point my perspective was colored by mentions of it as a power ITT)

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
It was obvious after all the Sensui mentions in other interviews, but nice to have the direct connection.

Also:

Looks like his name has something to do with scales/measurement?

Won

Oct 27, 2017
So Todo is just that screwed up in his head and just decided to make up a story about his new best friend and his idol crush.

Or mayber Gege is just trolling, haha.

Chase

Oct 25, 2017
The interview is pretty wild. Don't usually see so much info come from one. Seems odd that the same exact language (even divided into two narrator boxes with the text split the same way) for both the Todo and Choso memory scenes but didn't notice the similarities? The Kugisaki update is crazy as well.

Silfer Hakari maybe too controversial to be introduced lol. Makes it even more curious whether he does or not.

Doesn't usually happen but hope the fan book gets brought over. Would be interested in some of the sections based on the TOC. Foreward is funny too. Shout out World Trigger.

Vommy

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Hello Manga readers, I need one question answered, since it is the only thing that feels "off" in the anime. First off, I love the anime, but Gojo being being the end-all be-all character, does he get "nerfed" down the road? Please no specific spoilers what happens to him in the future, just wondering.

nopattern

Nov 25, 2017
Hello Manga readers, I need one question answered, since it is the only thing that feels "off" in the anime. First off, I love the anime, but Gojo being being the end-all be-all character, does he get "nerfed" down the road? Please no specific spoilers what happens to him in the future, just wondering.
why does he need to be nerfed? They clearly state he's the strongest, why wouldn't be incredibly powerful.

convo

Oct 25, 2017
Gege not having thought of Hanami's domain expansion till it was to late is funny as hell. Maybe Hanami and gang can reincarnate for a second round.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
So Todo is just that screwed up in his head and just decided to make up a story about his new best friend and his idol crush.

Or mayber Gege is just trolling, haha.
I mean that sounds in character for Todo he did make up a conversation between him and the idol to figure out Hanami bud move

But otherwise the manga itself acknowledged how weird it is that Yuji enemies get weird memories and become his comrades

OP
OP
Flow

Flow

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Florida, USA
Lol those interviews are definitely about misleading the audience.

Anime ends on death painting arc like I have been saying the past few months

convo

Oct 25, 2017
Is the first editor he's talking about in that foreword from when he did the volume 0 chapters?

Tabaxi

Nov 18, 2018
Rereading chapter 135, Choso says this:

"I can sense the transformation of my younger brothers through our blood connection […] for living things death is the final and greatest transformation. I saw it with my own eyes, I had an intense sensation of Yuji Itadori's death."

It's not impossible that Choso felt that connection when he almost killed Yuji at the end of their fight, didn't understand why it was happening, and the fake memories were a result of his mind trying to fill in the gaps.

Or Gege could be lying, or telling a half-truth.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
Manga readers...

So I'm caught up with the anime and I've read chapter 0, I haven't started the manga yet given I'll wait until the anime's done but I gotta ask. The main character of 0, he's clearly the dude in the second opening and he's been brought up a few times so I'm wondering, does dude show back up and become a permanent fixture to the show? I thought his character was pretty cool so if he returns in the manga (or future anime) that'd be dope.

You don't have to get into major spoilers but I'd like an answer.

Deleted member 7051

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Manga readers...

So I'm caught up with the anime and I've read chapter 0, I haven't started the manga yet given I'll wait until the anime's done but I gotta ask. The main character of 0, he's clearly the dude in the second opening and he's been brought up a few times so I'm wondering, does dude show back up and become a permanent fixture to the show? I thought his character was pretty cool so if he returns in the manga (or future anime) that'd be dope.

You don't have to get into major spoilers but I'd like an answer.

He does show up, yes.

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
Is the first editor he's talking about in that foreword from when he did the volume 0 chapters?
Can't know for sure. Could be, but it's possible Katayama had already taken over at that point and Yamanaka was just his editor for his earliest one-shots (2014-15).

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017
Tbh I am an episode behind when it comes to the anime, but if they set it up well on episode 21, then 3 episodes is enough since the Death Painting Arc is 9 chapters (mostly fighting.)
episode 21 is the baseball ep which may not take the whole runtime i suppose

9 chapters is shorter than i thought though so 3 eps seems ok. I hope they do it because I'm hyped to see Chimera Shadow Garden in the anime

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
Yeah, as others have said, this seems the best place to end the season on.

TfqpYpP.png

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017
I thought I recalled an interview where Gege said that he knew how he wanted to end the story with Megumi, but not with Yuji. Not sure where I read that.

Gojo made a big point about how the current generation of sorcerers are becoming stronger much faster/have much more potential than the older generations, connecting it with the increase in strength of curses. He also has his eye on a few people that he thinks will be able to surpass him. I'd like to believe this means that the whole cast will start getting some power increases as things go on so that they're not all just background fodder.
isn't there a panel where Gojo straight up says that that Megumi has more potential than Yuji?
Some interesting bits of info coming out between the data book preview and the airing of the interview.

wow, didn't expect that we were halfway done already. I guess the second and third parts are in total around the same length as the first.

e:

also, reading through that interview...regarding Nobara...

Nobara canonically died when Nitta (?) hit her with their technique but whether she is alive or dead remains up in the air. (HOW, I DON'T GET IT.) Her suffering, the lost of her eye, all of it was done for Yuji to despair...

what do we think this means lol

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
Uhh does that interview suggest that Yuji might actually be a member of the Kamo family? He totally debunked the mind-control theory. The Kamo "blood- doping" technique could be how Yuji is doing these amazing feats of athleticism

Tabaxi

Nov 18, 2018
Nobara canonically died when Nitta (?) hit her with their technique but whether she is alive or dead remains up in the air. (HOW, I DON'T GET IT.) Her suffering, the lost of her eye, all of it was done for Yuji to despair...

From what Nitta told Yuji, it seems like their cursed technique stabilizes a person and stops their injuries from getting worse. I could be wrong, but I read it like Gege was saying Nobara was clinically "dead" when Nitta got to her, but their intervention happened so quickly that Nobara has a chance of living. Sort of like a doctor saving someone from immediate death, but we don't know if they'll pull through in the end.

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017
From what Nitta told Yuji, it seems like their cursed technique stabilizes a person and stops their injuries from getting worse. I could be wrong, but I read it like Gege was saying Nobara was clinically "dead" when Nitta got to her, but their intervention happened so quickly that Nobara has a chance of living. Sort of like a doctor saving someone from immediate death, but we don't know if they'll pull through in the end.
oh yeah fair enough. so pretty much exactly what was stated in the manga. When i read it it sounded like something different but you're right.

also lol at this

Boxy Brown

Oct 27, 2017
These newer mangaka are not fucking with that decade plus running length. They getting that money's worth and leaving and I applaud it.

Tabaxi

Nov 18, 2018
Short chapter this week. Damn, Yuta is going straight for the kill.

Choso continues to be an amazing big brother.