• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I'd love it if Hakari showed up too now that Gojo is unavailable and Yuji is considered an enemy to the school. He was said to be suspended early on so this seems like a good time to introduce him. Though if not in this arc, it's probably not too far off.

Boxy Brown

Oct 27, 2017
lpsbr77yrjh61.jpg

saw this on reddit

If true then naobito having kids with with his niece is gross

Also I guess that would mean Maki, Mai and Naoya are half siblings though, which makes his comments about their bodies even more gross
Naobito being their father can't true since their father was already mentioned in Mai and Maki's flashback.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
I'mma be honest I'm not that interested in this family drama stuff but that chart was very helpful lmao

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
Mai and Maki episode did mention something about a OGi or oji
It's just Ougi as in Ougi's daughter is Mai and Maki's mum. JJK has HORRIBLE translations. The pedo dude Stefan was pretty bad on his own, the current one is bad to the point he uses google translate. JJK manga is cursed :(

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
It's just Ougi as in Ougi's daughter is Mai and Maki's mum. JJK has HORRIBLE translations. The pedo dude Stefan was pretty bad on his own, the current one is bad to the point he uses google translate. JJK manga is cursed :(
explains why I can barely understand the jjk chapters sometimes

Boxy Brown

Oct 27, 2017
It's terrible when fan translators are doing a better job than the real thing. They actually do little asides that explain cultural differences to explain regional jokes or customs. The fact that this isn't the norm in official translations is a goddamn travesty. Add that to the fact that this incorrect translations are gonna be the one that stick and never fixed....

IHaveIce

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It's terrible when fan translators are doing a better job than the real thing. They actually do little asides that explain cultural differences to explain regional jokes or customs. The fact that this isn't the norm in official translations is a goddamn travesty. Add that to the fact that this incorrect translations are gonna be the one that stick and never fixed....
And often the official english translation is the groundwork for all other languages and translations, so they all continue their errors.. Viz sometimes is super dumb

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Thinking about all the really terrible translations I've read... JJK doesn't rate, lol. At least this is mostly grammatically sensible, so many series I've read that feel like they were translated by somebody who didn't speak English at all.

Really, a good editor could at least fix those. Here it feels more like a lack of communication, making it clear that Ougi is supposed to be a person and not a group, etc etc.

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
Fanbook cover, guess Yuji's lip is torn off and wasn't healed, we didn't see it last chap.

Thinking about all the really terrible translations I've read... JJK doesn't rate, lol. At least this is mostly grammatically sensible, so many series I've read that feel like they were translated by somebody who didn't speak English at all.
It's pretty terrible when they don't make sense at all like in the case of JJK. You just don't have a reference to other ones to see that they're wrong. I'll dig them up when I'm not lazy.

Chase

Oct 25, 2017
So the forehead and lip scars are here to stay (until Sukuna next takes over anyways).

Along with learning some more about grumpy Yuta, might be most interested in Yuji and Megumi meeting up again. We saw at the end of OoO arc that Yuji and Megumi were trying to protect each other from the fact that Yuji being alive/Megumi saving him will lead to more harm. Now the scale of that is so big it will be out in the open between them and they'll have to confront that/their way of life. Hope we get a full scene between them.

Edit: Silfer They are everywhere

Last edited:

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
So the forehead and lip scars are here to stay (until Sukuna next takes over anyways).

Along with learning some more about grumpy Yuta, might be most interested in Yuji and Megumi meeting up again. We saw at the end of OoO arc that Yuji and Megumi were trying to protect each other from the fact that Yuji being alive/Megumi saving him will lead to more harm. Now the scale of that is so big it will be out in the open between them and they'll have to confront that/their way of life. Hope we get a full scene between them.

Edit: Silfer They are everywhere

Yoshihara killing it this winter season. As if I wasn't already hype enough from the preview last week.

convo

Oct 25, 2017
Man the anime fixes a lot
I recognize the recommended translations in the sub/dub so whoever is translating the anime is better than the manga
Besides the manga translator, having the lines spoken out in the anime instead of written in Kanji must make it less ambiguous to translate.

Chase

Oct 25, 2017
Latest episode subs had Black Flash as being 2.5 times stronger instead of to the 2.5 power.

Was ready to post the cursed energy starts at 2 panel from the extra lol.

Deleted member 52442

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
my manga literacy is low so im not sure how many people sukuna just killed

but i still find myself hating mahito more

edit: why did mahito just try to go after fake geto? lol

Last edited:

Deleted member 52442

Banned
Jan 24, 2019
caught up on the manga. what in the fuck is going on

I knew about itadoris power from popping here a few times, but him with Choso is unexpected and funny

don't care too much about the family drama stuff but i suppose it's here to stay

Sukuna the goat as usual, glad mahito is gone

Definitely didn't expect this cursed womb stuff to be a major part of the story like it's starting to seem

Last edited:

Deleted member 52442

Banned
Jan 24, 2019
I saw someone mention Hunter x Hunter, I can definitely see a bit of the comparison. It seems like the story is going off the rails in a good way, lead by the characters and their individual goals. Kinda wild and makes for a very unpredictable story

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Spoilers are out for the latest chapter.

- Chapter 139 Title : "The Hunter".
- The number of curses begins to decrease little by little thanks to the teamwork of Yuji and Choso and other sorcerer's.
- Naoya quickly finds the place where Yuji and Choso are.
- His incredible speed seems to be related to his technique, however, he is not fast enough to catch Yuji.
- After the meeting, Naoya begins a brief confrontation.
- Choso used Piercing Blood Technique.
- Naoya wearing the same clothes like last chapter.
- Naoya easily deals with Yuuji and Choso at the same time with his bare hands.

The battle is short for 2 reasons:
- Naoya has no interest in Yuji, he only intended to finish him off because he thought Megumi would be by his side.
- All three feel the presence of a strong technique. Next, Yuta Okkotsu is revealed to be on the spot ready to fulfill his purpose.

P.S Some spoilers say Yuta is not alone, Thats wrong. He says "You are not alone"

Man I think im gonna have to go on a reading Hiatus because I need to binge quite a bit of Manga at a time to feel fulfilled.
I hunger.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
I feel like a terrible person. Every time I read spoilers or posts here, I need to lookup the names. The names feel too normal.

Deleted member 52442

Banned
Jan 24, 2019
I feel like a terrible person. Every time I read spoilers or posts here, I need to lookup the names. The names feel too normal.

I was going to say anything but during my binge I was terrible at retaining the names, I have trouble with it in the anime too

Geto and Gojou kinda fucked with me especially

Spoilers are out for the latest chapter.

- Chapter 139 Title : "The Hunter".
- The number of curses begins to decrease little by little thanks to the teamwork of Yuji and Choso and other sorcerer's.
- Naoya quickly finds the place where Yuji and Choso are.
- His incredible speed seems to be related to his technique, however, he is not fast enough to catch Yuji.
- After the meeting, Naoya begins a brief confrontation.
- Choso used Piercing Blood Technique.
- Naoya wearing the same clothes like last chapter.
- Naoya easily deals with Yuuji and Choso at the same time with his bare hands.

The battle is short for 2 reasons:
- Naoya has no interest in Yuji, he only intended to finish him off because he thought Megumi would be by his side.
- All three feel the presence of a strong technique. Next, Yuta Okkotsu is revealed to be on the spot ready to fulfill his purpose.

P.S Some spoilers say Yuta is not alone, Thats wrong. He says "You are not alone"

Man I think im gonna have to go on a reading Hiatus because I need to binge quite a bit of Manga at a time to feel fulfilled.
I hunger.

wait what? spoilers for chapter 139...? I literally READ this chapter yesterday on my binge

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
wait what? spoilers for chapter 139...? I literally READ this chapter yesterday on my binge

Translated?

Weird.
Note its still early morning where I am.
So I only get my chapters and "spoiler" updates for english translations around nowish.

P.S Give me your connect if it was already translated to english.
Can PM me if its a less than couth source

convo

Oct 25, 2017
Reminded that Choso is technically related to Kamo's clan since the worst Kamo made him and his brothers using his own blood. Kamo did that blood laser thing in the most recent episode too. I wonder what their clan has to say about that.

Deleted member 52442

Banned
Jan 24, 2019
Translated?

Weird.
Note its still early morning where I am.
So I only get my chapters and "spoiler" updates for english translations around nowish.

P.S Give me your connect if it was already translated to english.
Can PM me if its a less than couth source

Yeah it was translated, pmed since I have no idea status of the source lol

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017

What the fuck ah ah ah, it's happening already ? Next week will be wild !
Man we just came out of a hectic few chapters and we are already seemingly going into another round of hectic chapters.

Reminded that Choso is technically related to Kamo's clan since the worst Kamo made him and his brothers using his own blood. Kamo did that blood laser thing in the most recent episode too. I wonder what their clan has to say about that.
We know what the Kamo clan thinks about it......they expelled him and consider him and the woman who could bare these fetuses the stain on the clan.
As for Choso, they dont know about him because he was "born" a few (days?) ago when they find out about him chances are he gets sentenced to execution.
He is actually a cursed spirit/womb that was simply implanted in a person....the same way Sukuna is in Yuji and higher ups want the vessel dead.
Choso and his remaining brother would likely face the same fate once implanted in a human.

Assuming they end up not being evil maybe endgame Jujutsu there will be a place for "good curses" to hang out in peace.

Yeah it was translated, pmed since I have no idea status of the source lol
Got it thanks.

On Topic.
I totally forgot where Yuji got his two scars from.
I really need to do another rereading of this while I wait for the next chapter.

Last edited:

Chase

Oct 25, 2017
As a remainder, chapter 139 doesn't release until tomorrow so please try to spoiler tag details prior to then.
On Topic.
I totally forgot where Yuji got his two scars from.
I really need to do another rereading of this while I wait for the next chapter.
Start of Mahito for the head scar and towards the end for the lip one (131).

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
Refreshing to see some form of permanent scars in the face of the protagonist by the way...

Deleted member 52442

Banned
Jan 24, 2019
There's something I saw on a wikipedia page that I thought was a spoiler, but when I binge read the manga I didn't see or missed it. Is it true that

Sukuna was a human, not a curse?

also now that its established Sukuna has followers/allies or whatever I wonder if Yuji will accidentally inject himself into his past as well, and how Sukuna will take that

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
There's something I saw on a wikipedia page that I thought was a spoiler, but when I binge read the manga I didn't see or missed it. Is it true that

Sukuna was a human, not a curse?

also now that its established Sukuna has followers/allies or whatever I wonder if Yuji will accidentally inject himself into his past as well, and how Sukuna will take that
Chapter 3

oMiE708.png

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I'm surprised the four on the last page of last week's chapter are already together now. Wonder how this will play out.

convo

Oct 25, 2017
I hear some people thinking the manga is gonna end soon, but does it really feel like that? We're in part 2 of 3 right now according to the author, and things are going fast sure, but things are looing like there are going global soon and a bunch of cursed spirits are out there to take care of in this battle royale of sorts. It might not take another 10 year or so but there will be plenty of things happening when the anime will keep getting popular. Demon Slayer got a huge boost with the anime while it was basically done on the manga side. I don't think thinks will be stretched out either, this whole Geto thing will encompass part 2 and i'd guess Sukuna will be the major and final problem to deal with in part 3.

Zache

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Chapter 139

I expect that Yuji's father/creator really is Kamo or at least whoever Brain's host was before Geto. Something about Choso's words suggests to me that at least that's not bullshit.

Blizz

Oct 25, 2017
I hear some people thinking the manga is gonna end soon, but does it really feel like that? We're in part 2 of 3 right now according to the author, and things are going fast sure, but things are looing like there are going global soon and a bunch of cursed spirits are out there to take care of in this battle royale of sorts. It might not take another 10 year or so but there will be plenty of things happening when the anime will keep getting popular. Demon Slayer got a huge boost with the anime while it was basically done on the manga side. I don't think thinks will be stretched out either, this whole Geto thing will encompass part 2 and i'd guess Sukuna will be the major and final problem to deal with in part 3.
Didn't the author say Shibuya was the first of 3 major arcs? That would make this part 1 of 3.